Thread: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

1. Link to Post #27821
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,314 times in 11,151 posts

Default Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Astrum

Can Martian Soil Support Plant Life?

Published 18th August 2019

Mars has a lot of the nutrients needed for plants to grow, but it also has some added extras, including toxic perchlorates. How will future missions overcome these challenges?

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (19th August 2019), ichingcarpenter (19th August 2019)

3. Link to Post #27822
    Thanks

The Cosmos News

Mysterious Flash From Our Galaxy’s Supermassive Black Hole Sagittarius A Baffles Scientists

Published 16th August 2019

Astronomers Spot Mysterious Flash From Our Galaxy’s Supermassive Black Hole
    You don’t usually think of a supermassive black hole as something that can go unnoticed, but many of these interstellar monsters are quite placid. For instance, Sagittarius A* (pronounced “Sagittarius A Star”) in the center of our own Milky Way galaxy. It’s usually very dim, but astronomers recently saw Sagittarius A* flare up — in fact, it just got brighter than we’ve ever seen it.

Read all about it here: https://www.sciencealert.com/our-gal...-really-bright

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (19th August 2019), ichingcarpenter (19th August 2019), Ivanhoe (19th August 2019)

5. Link to Post #27823
    Thanks

John Michael Godier's Event Horizon

Dr. David Kipping | Using Earth to See Across the Universe: The Terrascope

Published 15th August 2019

Can we see the end of the universe?

The greatest discoveries in science often sprung from outside of the box thinking. It could be said that both Newton and Einstein came up with their ideas initially simply by taking a fresh look at how we describe our universe. What’s currently important is that fresh ideas get looked at and debated. That’s innovation, and it’s all around us currently from SpaceX revolutionizing the aerospace industry to murmurs of private efforts to harness fusion.

But what else might we do? My guest Dr. David Kipping has come up with an idea for a new type of telescope, not using mirrors or lenses per se, but the earth itself perhaps eventually giving us an entirely new way to view our universe.

Professor David Kipping speaks with John Michael Godlier about a solution for turning the Earth into a "Terrascope", an earth sized telescope. Also discussed were the SETI implications of using the Terrascope as well as using it to send signals out or if alien civilizations and technosignature implications.

Using Black Holes to Traverse the Universe with Dr. David Kipping: https://youtu.be/uYXH4rH1SwM

Turning Earth Into a Telescope | The Terrascope: https://youtu.be/jgOTZe07eHA

Kipping, David (2019), "The Terrascope: On the Possibility of Using the Earth as an Atmospheric Lens", PASP, accepted for publication: http://coolworlds.astro.columbia.edu/terrascope.pdf

Cool Worlds - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGH...nel=CoolWorlds

Cool Worlds:
    http://coolworlds.astro.columbia.edu/

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

ichingcarpenter (19th August 2019)

7. Link to Post #27824
    Thanks

Flare Aware

17th - 18th August: 24 Hour Solar Activity

This short video is the 304 imagery from NASA SDO during the course of the past 24 hours (Saturday, 17 Aug 2019 to Sunday, 18 Aug 2019).
    From this video you'll be able to visually see sunspot, solar flare and coronal mass ejection (CME) events from the past 24 hours. Please feel free to post remarks in our timeline for anything interesting you see.
    What is a solar storm? What is emergency preparedness and how does it relate to solar storm preparedness?
    Learn about solar flares and protect your family and friends by visiting http://FlareAware.com/weather. Your source for instant severe solar weather alerts direct to your phone.

8. Link to Post #27825
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Geoengineering Watch

Global Alert News | Episode 210

Broadcast & Published 17th August 2019

Heat and haze continues here in Northern California, while plastic particles are being found in the air from Colorado to the Alps, and even in the Arctic. Weather all over the world is becoming rapidly more erratic and destructive. What factors are playing a part in the complex weather/climate equation? How can we know what we are not being told by any “official” source? Who gets to decide what is “real” news, and what is not? What happens when governments know they can no longer hide dire unfolding scenarios from the public?
    The totality of converging challenges that we collectively face is daunting. Can we yet make a difference for the better? Waking populations to the wider horizon is imperative, that task will require the effort of all who are awake and aware already.

Supporting Link: https://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/...t-17-2019-210/

9. Link to Post #27826
    Thanks

Nemesis Maturity

Get Ready To Watch The Moon Passing In Between The Brightest Stars Of The Night Sky

Published 19th August 2019

Get Ready to Watch The Moon Passing In Between the Brightest Stars of the Night Sky.

On August 23-27, 2019, let the moon guide you through the brightest stars of the night sky. The Winter Circle or Winter Hexagon, may well be the largest famous asterism in the heavens.
    The seven stars that form the Winter Circle or Hexagon are among the brightest stars in the sky. Sirius is the brightest of all stars, Capella is the 6th brightest star, Rigel and Procyon are the 7th and 8th respectively, Aldebaran is the 14th, Pollux the 17th, and Castor the 24th. Betelgeuse, which isn’t part of the Hexagon but is located near its centre, is the 10th brightest star in the sky.

The Winter Circle is so big that it even makes Orion the Mighty Hunter look tiny! Three bright stars within the giant Winter Circle —Procyon, Sirius, and Betelgeuse —make up another asterism known as the Winter Triangle.

Discover the beauty and wonder of the night sky that has fascinated humanity for millenia.

10. Link to Post #27827
    Thanks

Deep Sky Videos

M103 - Tracking A Red Giant

One of these stars is not like the others - what's going on? M103 is also known as NGC 581.

PAPER: Photometric and Kinematic Studies of Open Star Clusters I: NGC 581 (M 103) --- https://arxiv.org/abs/astro-ph/9908059

M103 as APOD: https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap010207.html
    Pic by Hillary Mathis & N. A. Sharp, KPNO 2.1-m Tel., AURA, NOAO, NSF

Telescope Time without Tears (Numberphile): https://youtu.be/7c0CoXFApnM

11. Link to Post #27828
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers | Space News | 19th August 2019 | Tsunami Model Cascadia, Galactic News, 45k Yrs Ago

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (21st August 2019)

13. Link to Post #27829
    Thanks

The Unexplained With Howard Hughes

Edition 408 | David Paulides, Missing 411

Mr Paulides rejoins the show to discuss the cluster of disappearances of human beings from Earth but from a UFOlogical angle & His his brand new project a documentary entitled Missing 411- The Movie.

One can listen here

14. Link to Post #27830
    Thanks

Somewhere In The Skies

Shannon Legro | STORMING AREA 51: They Can Stop All of You

On episode 122 of SOMEWHERE IN THE SKIES, we head to Dreamland. Watertown. Groom Lake. Whatever you may call it; we know it best as Area 51. When a Facebook event group was created in jest, it exploded across the social networking highway and became an overnight sensation. “Storm Area 51: They Can't Stop Us All” was created by Matty Roberts, a young man who had no idea what his joke event would soon become. With over 3 million people now interested in going or confirmed their participation, the small town of Rachel Nevada has no idea what the expect come September 20th. And neither do those who actually show up to storm this highly secretive military installation.

With a renewed interest in Area 51, thanks in part to both a recent documentary and appearance on the Joe Rogan Experience podcast, Bob Lazar is now on the minds of a new generation who may have never heard his story before. A story of working at S-4, a location miles away from Area 51. There, he says he was hired to help reverse-engineer alien technology from captured flying saucers. As perhaps hundreds of thousands of people prepare to make the long trek out to the Nevada desert, we take a look at why Area 51 was created, what was developed there, and what people should expect by storming the gates.

Ryan is joined by Shannon LeGro, host of Into the Fray Radio. The two discuss their own personal experiences going to the gates of Area 51. We hear some of the dangerous and terrifying stories of those who actually breached security, and how they lived to tell the tale while others did not. They also discuss the hard truth that may await those who just want to “see them aliens.”

Guest Bio: Shannon Legro is the host of Into the Fray Radio. She has been examining the paranormal since she was a teen, having had her own personal experience which started her on this path. And for the past several years, a focus on the phenomena that is Sasquatch. She strives to bring a fresh perspective and an open mind to the most intriguing mysteries in our universe. You can also hear Shannon as a guest-host on Midnight in the Desert, and see her in Small Town Monsters production…On the Trail of Bigfoot (now on Amazon Prime, and through the STM website) and the upcoming, On the Trail of UFOs. To learn more, visit: http://www.intothefrayradio.com

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

TelosianEmbrace (26th August 2019), Zampano (21st August 2019)

16. Link to Post #27831
    Thanks

Rogue Planet TV

Previewing The 2019 International UFO Congress

On this episode of the UFO podcast UNKNOWN, Jason McClellan and Shane Hurd speak with MC and conference co-organizer Alejandro Rojas about the upcoming International UFO Congress.

See all the details and buy tickets on the UFO Congress website.

17. Link to Post #27832
    Thanks

UFO Classified

Greg Long | Yakima & Balls Of Light

Recorded 8th & Published 18th August 2019

Erica Lukes invites Greg Long to discuss Yakima in Washington State & The balls of light that have been documented flying over there...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

19. Link to Post #27833
    Thanks

Paul Stonehill Paranormal Research

Cosmonauts Were Forbidden To Contact UFOs

Published 17th August 2019

Statements of Leonid Kadenyuk, the first cosmonaut of independent Ukraine, about the Soviet space program.

&

Mysteries From China’s Past: Ancient Map, Ancient Caves...

Incomparable star atlas from millennia ago. Inexplicable caves of Huashan Mountain... Just some of China’s mysteries from the mists of time.

Last edited by Star Tsar; 19th August 2019 at 16:57.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Zampano (21st August 2019)

21. Link to Post #27834
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

The Richard Dolan Show

UFOs: The Big Picture | Presidents & UFOs. What Do They Know? What Can They Do?

Streamed & Published 17th August 2019

In a time when Disclosure is constantly discussed in the UFO community, can a U.S. President actually make that long-awaited for announcement? Or are there certain intractable problems any President might face?

&

Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    The Richard Dolan Show

Micheal Schratt | UFOs Ours or Theirs?

Published 1st July 2019

Since flying saucers first entered public awareness back in the 1940s, people have debated whether these objects are extraterrestrial or man made. Ours or Theirs. Micheal Schratt is a private pilot, military historian & an expert in aerospace/aviation with a deep knowledge of UFO history. He is here to offer his perspective on this important question. Micheal has used his own skills in CAD & Solidworks as well as contracting graphics artist professionals, to recreate fascinating & forgotten cases in UFO history, several of which are displayed here.

Micheal Schratt | Gravity: They've Absolutely Done It!

Published 8th July 2019

Mr Schratt returns for a second interview this time he details a series of cases concerning "Michelin Man" sighting; That is, beings that appear to have the appearance of concentric tubes for a body.
    The main portion of the show Michael focuses on his research into the history gravity, more accurately anti-gravity as he asserts a breakthrough was made, most likely in the 1950s.

Micheal Schratt | UFO Crash Retrievals

Another fascinating discussion with military historian Michael Schratt about UFOs, this time concerning stories of crash retrieval. Once again, this is beautifully illustrated.

Richard Dolan is one of the world’s leading researchers and writers on the subject of UFOs and believes that they constitute the greatest mystery of our time. He is the author of two volumes of history, UFOs and the National Security State, both ground-breaking works which together provide the most factually complete and accessible narrative of the UFO subject available anywhere. He also co-authored a speculative book about the future, A.D. After Disclosure, the first-ever analysis not only of how UFO secrecy might end, but of the all-important question: what happens next?

Last edited by Star Tsar; 20th August 2019 at 07:57.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

23. Link to Post #27835
    Thanks

Lighting The Void Radio

Gary King | Discovering The Truth About Crop Circles

Gary began researching crop circle and UFO phenomena in 1997. He first came to the public’s attention after having been one of the three witnesses to the appearance of the East Field crop formation on 7th July 2007. Since then he has lectured both nationally and internationally and featured in numerous TV productions about these areas. Working as a much sought-after crop circle tour guide, Gary carries a wealth of experience and knowledge that is both insightful and intellectually stimulating.

24. Link to Post #27836
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers | Space News | 20th August 2019 | Super-Flare Star, Exoplanets, Google Accused

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

26. Link to Post #27837
    Thanks

Launch Pad Astronomy

How Stars Work

Published 20th August 2019

How stars work was a mystery until the early 20th century when astronomers learned to decode stars' spectra. Spectroscopy allowed stars' chemical make-up, temperature, and luminosity to be directly measured. Thanks to a spectral classification system developed by
    Annie Jump Cannon, and the Hertzsprung-Russell diagram, it became possible to understand how stars are classified, and how stars live and evolve from the main sequence to red giant to white dwarfs.

27. Link to Post #27838
    Thanks

Nemesis Maturity

Potentially Habitable Super-Earth Found Orbiting A Nearby Star

An international group of astronomers discovered an Earth-like planet using NASA's Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS) in the constellation Hydra, about 31 light-years from Earth.

The planet named GJ 357 d, is six times larger than Earth and It orbits a dwarf star with two other previously unknown planets. Located in the outer edge of its host star's "habitable zone," scientists believe that this super-Earth could have water on its surface.

&

Polaris: The North Star

Polaris designated α Ursae Minoris, commonly the North Star or Pole Star, is the brightest star in the constellation of Ursa Minor. It is very close to the north celestial pole, making it the current northern pole star. The revised Hipparcos parallax gives a distance to Polaris of about 433 light-years (133 parsecs).

Polaris is a triple star system, composed of the primary star, Polaris Aa (a yellow supergiant), in orbit with a smaller companion (Polaris Ab); the pair in orbit with Polaris B (discovered in August 1779 by William Herschel).

The reason Polaris is so important is because the axis of Earth is pointed almost directly at it. During the course of the night, Polaris does not rise or set, but remains in very nearly the same spot above the northern horizon year-round while the other stars circle around it.

So at any hour of the night, at any time of the year in the Northern Hemisphere, you can readily find Polaris and it is always found in a due northerly direction. If you were at the North Pole, the North Star would be directly overhead.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

29. Link to Post #27839
    Thanks

Astronomy.com

The Enigma Of Enceladus

This tiny saturnian moon may be, pound for pound, the most valuable piece of real estate in the solar system.

Read all about it here: http://www.astronomy.com/magazine/20...a-of-enceladus

30. Link to Post #27840
    Thanks

The Intellect Zone

Could Europa Host Life?

About 630 Million Km away from Earth,
    Europa is the smallest out of the four Galilean moons orbiting around Jupiter,
    With it only being 3,000 Km in diameter, Making it slightly smaller than our moon.
    But scientists think that even though Europa is far away from the habitable zone,
    It is one of the most promising places where life could exist in the solar system.
    Evidence shows that Europa has a vast ocean deep below its icy surface, which may possibly contain twice as much water than all of Earth’s oceans combined.
    Also, Scientists believe that Europa may contain hydrothermal vents like here on earth, which generates heat from its core because of the tidal compression caused by Jupiter's huge gravitational field.
    Now, some organisms actually thrive in these unusual environments, which would raise the probability of life on Europa.
    Actually, as early as 2023, NASA plans to send the Europa Clipper to study this moon through a series of flybys while in orbit around Jupiter, Which would drastically increase our knowledge of this mysterious world.
    Furthermore, possible future missions to Europa would be to drill through the thick layer of ice and to discover what lives in its vast oceans.

&

Titan = Earth 2.0?

As we venture 1.2 billion Km away from Earth,
    We find Titan, A world so strange that it might possibly host life as we don’t know it.
    Up until 2005,
    There wasn’t much information about titan,
    Other than it’s saturn’s largest natural satellite,
    With its diameter being about 5,000 Km,
    And among all of the moons in our solar system,
    Titan is the only known moon in the solar system to have a thick atmosphere.
    But on the 14th of January 2005,
    The Huygens probe had changed the way we saw Titan.
    It touched down on the surface,
    Revealing Titan had lakes, rivers and rain that are not composed of water,
    But they were actually composed of Methane.
    Now this shocked astronomers, because it was the only place besides Earth to have liquids on its surface in lakes and rivers.
    It also increased the possibility that unusual life forms with different chemistry than on earth could exist in its Methane lakes.
    Fortunately, NASA’s Dragonfly mission sets to put a drone to explore Titan.
    Predicted to reach Titan in 2034, Dragonfly will be flying around dozens of promising locations on Titan looking for prebiotic chemical processes common on both Titan and Earth.
    Discovering life in this mysterious ocean world could revolutionize what we know about life in the universe.

Last edited by Star Tsar; 20th August 2019 at 16:21.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1392 of 1401 FirstFirst 1 392 892 1292 1342 1382 1392 1401 LastLast