+ Reply to Thread
Page 1426 of 1822 FirstFirst 1 426 926 1326 1376 1416 1426 1436 1476 1526 1822 LastLast
Results 28,501 to 28,520 of 36433

Thread: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

1. Link to Post #28501
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,691 times in 13,806 posts

Default Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Dr James O'Donoghue

The Eight Planets & Two Dwarf (For Now) Planets

Published 3rd November 2019

The Eight Planets and two dwarf planets. There are many more dwarf planet candidates, but they aren't mapped so aren't included. Shown: rotation, tilts (obliquity to orbit), sidereal day lengths.
    Animation by Dr James O'Donoghue.

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (5th November 2019)

3. Link to Post #28502
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Thunderbolts Project

Space News | Ev Cochrane: Did Ancient Man See A Different Sun?

Published 1st November 2019

The parent star of planet Earth holds a strange and special place in countless ancient traditions around the world. The celestial body identified as the Sun in myth, religion, ancient astronomies and rock art routinely bears no resemblance at all to our familiar Sun.

For decades, comparative mythologist Ev Cochrane, as well as his colleague Dave Talbott have worked to reconstruct the natural events that produced extraordinary mythical patterns. It is their conclusion that in the relatively recent past, in the era of pre-history, a period of instability in the inner solar system brought planets within close proximity to planet Earth. In this episode, Ev begins our investigation of the question, did ancient man observe a different Sun than our Sun today?

Previous Discourses on an Alien Sky episode, “When Saturn Ruled the World”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ibU_SLHCvw

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Valerie Villars (5th November 2019), william r sanford72 (5th November 2019)

5. Link to Post #28503
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Geoengineering Watch

Global Alert News | Episode 221

Published 2nd November 2019

While much of the world is burning, including California, record cold temperatures are scheduled for large swaths of the US. More and more in the science community are warning against the dangers of climate engineering while failing to admit geoengineering programs have been deployed for over 70 years. Global economies are unraveling in parallel with the biosphere, how much longer can the manufactured political theater distract populations from all that is unfolding?
    Those in power are doing their best to maintain the public's normalcy bias until the very last moment. It is imperative to wake populations before the power structure is ready for that to happen.

Supporting link: https://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/...er-2-2019-221/

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

7. Link to Post #28504
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

CGTN

China Launches First Sub-meter Class Satellite Into Space

China's first sub-meter high-resolution optical transmission stereo mapping satellite Gaofen-7 was successfully launched at the Taiyuan Satellite Launch Center in the northern province of Shanxi. Compared with ordinary optical remote sensing satellites, Gaofen-7 can draw three-dimensional images, meaning that all the buildings in the world will be a series of three-dimensional models once it is put into use. The successful launch means that the status quo of the high-resolution stereo remote sensing image market relying heavily on foreign satellites will be broken, leading China into a new era of independent large-scale space mapping.

&

China's Lunar Rover Travels 300 Meters On The Moon's Far Side

Published 4th November 2019

Both the lander and the Yutu-2 rover of the Chang'e-4 probe switched to its dormant mode for the lunar night on November 4, 2019. During the eleventh lunar day the probe spent on the moon, the scientific instruments on the lander and rover worked well. The rover, Yutu-2, has driven 300 meters on the far side of the moon as part of its scientific exploration.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Cara (5th November 2019), william r sanford72 (5th November 2019)

9. Link to Post #28505
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

MIT Technology Review

How China Built A Single-Photon Detector That Works In Space

Published 2nd November 2019

One of the emerging uses for single photons is to pack them with quantum information and send them to another location. This technique, known as quantum communication, exploits the laws of physics to make sure the information cannot be read by any eavesdropper.

One challenge is to find ways to send this quantum information around the world. That’s difficult because the information is fragile—any interaction between the photons and their environment destroys it. Photons cannot travel more than a hundred kilometers or so through the atmosphere or through optical fibers without the quantum information they carry being destroyed.

Also stay updated on MIT Technology Review initiatives and events?YesNo
    So Chinese physicists have come up with a workaround: beam the photons to an orbiting satellite, which relays them to another location on Earth’s surface. In this way, the uncomfortable passage through the atmosphere can be minimized. If photons are transmitted from ground stations at high altitude, their journey is mostly through the vacuum of empty space.

Related paper: https://arxiv.org/abs/1910.08161

Read all about it here: https://www.technologyreview.com/s/6...orks-in-space/

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

11. Link to Post #28506
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Seeker

This Indestructible NASA Camera Revealed Hidden Patterns On Jupiter

NASA engineers launched a camera at Jupiter’s poles for the first time and what it imaged surprised everyone.

To capture hidden regions on Jupiter, engineers had to build a nearly indestructible digital camera that could survive one of the harshest environments in the entire solar system.

The result was the closest image ever taken of the Great Red Spot, and it was captured by JunoCam, a deceptively small digital camera aboard a NASA probe.

The NASA probe along with JunoCam launched in 2011 and has been orbiting Jupiter since 2016 with the goal of sharing previously unseen regions of the planet and connecting humanity with its celestial neighbor.

Find out more about the complexities of JunoCam, how it has shaken up conventional wisdom around what Jupiter looks like, and more on this episode of Focal Point.

Read More:

JunoCam Overview
    https://www.missionjuno.swri.edu/junocam
    “Welcome to the JunoCam community where you can actively participate in the mission! Upload your images of Jupiter and help us decide what points of interest JunoCam will photograph.”

The awesome beauty of Jupiter captured by Juno, in 13 photos
    https://www.vox.com/science-and-heal...great-red-spot
    “For the past two years, the spacecraft has been taking photos of Jupiter. Here are the best shots.”

The Closest-Ever Shot of the Great Red Spot
    https://www.theatlantic.com/science/...t-juno/533454/
    “The earliest observations of a massive spot on Jupiter date back to the 1660s, but historians and scientists don’t know whether people were actually looking at the Great Red Spot. The feature is large enough to be seen with Earth-based telescopes, and as technology improved, so did humanity’s image of the mysterious storm. The earliest photographs from the late 1800s and early 1990s showed a grainy, gray sphere.”

Ariana Grande Thinks Jupiter's Pretty (But Neptune's Better) and NASA Is Thrilled
    https://www.space.com/40506-ariana-g...d-neptune.html
    “"Nothing is prettier than Jupiter," Grande wrote just after posting a spectacular photo of Jupiter from NASA's Juno spacecraft.”

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

13. Link to Post #28507
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

CNet.com

NASA's Voyager 2 Finds New Mysteries At The Edge Of The Solar System

If you've ever felt like you're having an incredibly long day at work, spare a thought for NASA's Voyager probes. Launched in 1977, Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 have been traveling through space, revealing the secrets of the solar system, for the last 42 years. In all that time, they've beamed back tons of data about our place in the universe. Their journey has taken both probes beyond the reach of the farthest (dwarf) planet and into interstellar space: Voyager 1 departed in 2012, and in November last year, Voyager 2 followed.

"This has really been a wonderful journey," said Ed Stone, a chief scientist on the Voyager mission and author of a new paper, in a press briefing. "It began with the launch of two spacecraft in 1977 to explore Jupiter and Saturn, and everything after that has been step-wise as our journey has extended deeper and deeper into space."

Read all about it here: https://www.cnet.com/news/nasas-voya...-solar-system/

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

15. Link to Post #28508
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers | Space News | 4th November 2019 | Major Flood, Magnetic Excursions, Electroquakes

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

17. Link to Post #28509
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Higgsino Physics

Earth's Tides Explained With Simulations

Published 30th October 2019

Simulating why there are 2 tidal bulges. The differential gravity causes what seems to be to bulges of water on both sides of the earth. Why? A better explanation is to see these bulges as vector forces. In this video i explain why.

I'm also explaining why there aren't tides in lakes. All showed with simulations showing newtons gravitational equation. It all depends on the distance squared.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

19. Link to Post #28510
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Astronomy Cast

Episode 545 | Are Comets Asteroids Or Are Asteroids Comets?

Streamed & Published 4th November 2019

Things used to be so simple. Comets were snowballs from the outer Solar System, and asteroids were rocks from the inner Solar System. But now everything's all shades of grey. Astronomers have found asteroids that behave like comets and comets that behave like asteroids.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

21. Link to Post #28511
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Nemesis Maturity

Asteroid 2019 UN13 Just Missed Hitting Earth

A newly discovered asteroid designated 2019 UN13 flew past Earth at an extremely close distance of just 0.03 LD. The asteroid was discovered early October 31 at Catalina Sky Survey, Arizona, just several hours before its close approach.

The space rock passed above southern Africa within 3,852 miles (6,200 km) at 13:45 UTC (9:45 a.m. EDT). To get an idea of how close this is, consider that many telecommunications satellites orbit at an altitude of 22,236 miles (35,786 km).

The asteroid flew past us at a speed of nearly 27,000 mph (43,452 kph) and is likely only between 2 and 7 meters in diameter. Its trajectory was heavily influenced by Earth's gravity, sending its aphelion out to the asteroid belt between Jupiter and Mars.

Read alla bout it here: https://earthsky.org/space/near-eart...t-2019-c0ppev1

&

Taurid Meteor Shower 2019

Right now the Earth is passing through a broad stream of debris left by Comet Encke. The dust associated with the comet hits the Earth’s atmosphere at 65,000 mph and burns up, creating the Taurid meteor shower.

The annual Taurid meteor shower is going on right now. Skywatchers should not be surprised if they see a bright meteor or fireball over the next two weeks. The best time to look for Taurids is after midnight, when Taurus is high in the sky, and when the sky is dark and clear.

Given the behavior of past Taurid swarms, increased fireball activity may be seen during the first two weeks of November.

November 6, 2019 is the peak date of the South Taurid meteor shower. The Northern Taurids are visible before midnight for a week, centered on November 12.

For best meteor viewing experts suggest going to a location away from city lights, dressing warmly, and lie flat on your back and look straight up. No special viewing equipment needed, just your eyes.

Last edited by Star Tsar; 5th November 2019 at 09:50.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

23. Link to Post #28512
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Asteroid Station

Asteroid (2019 UM12)

Asteroid (2019 UM12) is a 30,000 Miles Per Hour Object Is Set for Closest Approach on November 8, 2019

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

25. Link to Post #28513
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

PBS Space Time

Why We Might Be Alone In The Universe

Why does it appear, that humanity is the lone intelligence in the universe? The answer might be that planet Earth is more unique than we've previously assumed. The rare earth hypothesis posits exactly this - that a range of factors made Earth exceptionally unusual and uniquely able to produce intelligent life.

In upcoming episodes we’ll be exploring the anthropic principle and its two main versions - the strong and the weak anthropic principles. The strong anthropic principle tells us that the observed universe must be able to produce observers - including the contentious idea that this predicts the existence of universes beyond our own. But in today's episode we’re going to focus on the weak anthropic principle. It says that we must find ourselves in a part of the universe capable of supporting us. For example, in a planetary biosphere rather than floating in the void between the galaxies. This may seems tautological, but accounting for this observer selection bias is important to understanding why the universe looks the way it does from our perspective. And the weak anthropic principle is much more useful than that. When combined with the apparent absence of alien civilizations, it may tell us why intelligent life is incredibly rare in our universe.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

27. Link to Post #28514
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

The Richard Dolan Show

Extraterrestrials: What Do We Really Know?

Streamed & Published 2nd November 2019

UFOs or UAP definitely constitute a mystery in our society. If that's true, it is much more true regarding people's claims of alien contact. How do we process this information? How do we decide what to believe?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

29. Link to Post #28515
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Ignatian Center

Diana Walsh Pasulka | American Cosmic UFO's Religion Technology

Published 31st October 2019

A conversation with Diana Walsh Pasulka, Professor of Religious Studies and Chair of the Dept. of Philosophy and Religion at the University of North Carolina, Wilmington, examining new forms of religion that focus on technology as the sacred.

30. Link to Post #28516
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Red Panda Koala

Metamaterials, To The Stars, & The US Army

Published 5th November 2019

In October of 2019 the US Army announced a Cooperative Research and Development Agreement with To The Stars to research alleged metamaterials retrieved from crashed UFOs. This video goes over the history of the metamaterials and details the agreement between the Army and To The Stars.

31. Link to Post #28517
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

To The Stars Media

Jim Semivan, Tom DeLonge & Peter Levenda | Sekret Machines: Gods, Man & War Book Two Signing

Jim, Tom & Peter discuss book two in their series. Starts @ 5:44

32. Link to Post #28518
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Vice.com

The Army Told Us Why It Partnered With Tom DeLonge's UFO Group

Published 5th November 2019 By MJ Banias

The US Army has explained more about why it partnered with former Blink-182 singer Tom DeLonge’s UFO research organization to study exotic materials. The Army described it as a “low risk” partnership that is of “significant interest” to the military.

Last month, DeLonge’s To the Stars Academy joined forces with the Army’s Combat Capabilities Development Command, a research and development body. According to the contract, the government is interested in studying some pretty exotic science such as active camouflage, inertial mass reduction, and quantum communication. Even stranger, it turns out that the US government approached To the Stars for this deal.

Read all about it here: https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/w...nges-ufo-group
    Last edited by Star Tsar; 5th November 2019 at 16:46.

33. Link to Post #28519
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

The Undead Gaucho

Cordoba Argentina In Search Of UFOs

Published 5th November 2019

It seems like some parts of the world are prone to high strangeness and the paranormal...Cordoba seems to be one of those locations. Join my family and I on our journey as we reunite after years apart and have some paranormal experiences along the way.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

35. Link to Post #28520
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

UFO News Network Sunday

Chris Bledsoe

Chris Bledsoe joins Chant Hannah & Frank Stalter to discuss his experiences with the UFO phenomenon.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (6th November 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1426 of 1822 FirstFirst 1 426 926 1326 1376 1416 1426 1436 1476 1526 1822 LastLast