+ Reply to Thread
Page 1478 of 1823 FirstFirst 1 478 978 1378 1428 1468 1478 1488 1528 1578 1823 LastLast
Results 29,541 to 29,560 of 36446

Thread: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

1. Link to Post #29541
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,692 times in 13,806 posts

Default Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

UFO Encounters

Levelland, Texas, USA, 1957

Published 28th May 2020

On the evening of November 2 and morning of November 3, 1957 in Texas and New Mexico, witnesses reported seeing large rocket or egg-shaped craft hovering above them, as well as landed on the road. Some witnessed bluish-white ovals and flashes of light. The object reportedly stalled car engines when it was near.

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Ivanhoe (3rd June 2020), william r sanford72 (3rd June 2020)

3. Link to Post #29542
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Spaced Out Radio

Grant Cameron | UFOs, Orbs & Consciousness

Broadcast 1st & Published 2nd June 2020

One of the top and most forward thinking researchers in the field of Ufology is Grant Cameraon. www.presidentialufo.com is Grant's website, where he has collected thousands of pieces of evidence, reports and experiences, Grant's studious quest for answers has led him to portals at Mt. Shasta, to the mystery of orbs!

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (3rd June 2020), william r sanford72 (3rd June 2020)

5. Link to Post #29543
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Isaac Arthur

Benevolent Aliens

Published 28th May 2020

Science fiction often shows us seemingly benevolent aliens whose UFOs come in peace then turn out to have sinister motives and hidden conspiracies, but what would a genuinely friendly group of extraterrestrials be like?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (4th June 2020)

7. Link to Post #29544
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Science & Cocktails

Professor Leen Decin | The Human Response To Extraterrestrial Life

Recorded 27th November 2019 & Published 23rd April 2020

What is a habitable exoplanet? How many are there? And where are all the aliens? Exoplanets can serve as a test for the universal laws of biology. Could life have evolved on other planets as well? And what will happen when we find extraterrestrial life?

Prof. Leen Decin (KU Leuven) exposes the current scientific understanding on extraterrestrial life.

8. Link to Post #29545
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

SpaceRef.com

ASTERIA Is The Smallest Satellite To Detect An Exoplanet

Published 3rd June 2020

About the size of a briefcase, the CubeSat was built to test new technologies but exceeded expectations by spotting a planet outside our solar system.

Long before it was deployed into low-Earth orbit from the International Space Station in Nov. 2017, the tiny ASTERIA spacecraft had a big goal: to prove that a satellite roughly the size of a briefcase could perform some of the complex tasks much larger space observatories use to study exoplanets, or planets outside our solar system. A new paper soon to be published in the Astronomical Journal describes how ASTERIA (short for Arcsecond Space Telescope Enabling Research in Astrophysics) didn't just demonstrate it could perform those tasks but went above and beyond, detecting the known exoplanet 55 Cancri e.

Scorching hot and about twice the size of Earth, 55 Cancri e orbits extremely close to its Sun-like parent star. Scientists already knew the planet's location; looking for it was a way to test ASTERIA's capabilities. The tiny spacecraft wasn't initially designed to perform science; rather, as a technology demonstration, the mission's goal was to develop new capabilities for future missions. The team's technological leap was to build a small spacecraft that could conduct fine pointing control -- essentially the ability to stay very steadily focused on an object for long periods.

Read all about it here: http://spaceref.com/extrasolar-plane...exoplanet.html

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

silvanelf (8th June 2020), william r sanford72 (3rd June 2020)

10. Link to Post #29546
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers | Space News | 3rd June 2020 | The Last Disaster, Galactic Center Discoveries, Sky Spray

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (3rd June 2020), william r sanford72 (3rd June 2020)

12. Link to Post #29547
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Chuck's AstroPhotography

Giant Plasma Storm On The Sun

Published 3rd June 2020

This is the processed solar activity from the live stream Chuck held yesterday. The time-lapse of activity above the sun's surface was recorded over a 91 minute period. The activity has been condensed down to 6 seconds to speed it up, and then reversed.

Hot plasma is seen rising and falling at the same time in an ongoing battle between changing magnetic fields.

Telescope:
    Explore Scientific AR102

Camera:
    ZWO ASI183MM

Solar Filter:
    DayStar Quark Chromosphere

Mount:
    Celestron AVX

Energy Rejection Filter:
    Astronomik L1 UV-IR

Capture Software:
    SharpCap 3.1.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Harmony (4th June 2020), william r sanford72 (3rd June 2020)

14. Link to Post #29548
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    SEA

UY Scuti - The Largest Star Ever Discovered

Published 11th May 2020

When considering star size, we are incredibly restricted with what we can't measure - the vast majority of the universe's stars lie outside of our galaxy, and are too far away to ever be measured. In spite of this, we have discovered some truly magnificent stars in our own backyard. Today, we will be looking at the biggest - UY Scuti. This magnificent titan of the cosmos is a staggering 2.3BN KM in diameter, and that is the least incredible of some of the numbers associated with it. Today, we will be analysing this star, and some of its close competition in the race for the largest star ever discovered.

What Da Math? With Anton Petrov

UY Scuti No Longer The Largest Star But Stephenson 2-18 May Be!

Published 2nd June 2020

In this video Anton will talk about about a few changes in measurements of largest stars, which means UY Scuti is no longer the largest star in the universe - Stephenson 2-18 is.

More on Stephenson 2-18 / WOH G64

Last edited by Star Tsar; 3rd June 2020 at 13:22.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

silvanelf (8th June 2020), william r sanford72 (3rd June 2020)

16. Link to Post #29549
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

JapanTimes.co.jp

Japan's New Space Squadron Takes A Giant Leap Forward

Published 2nd June 2020

Defense Minister Taro Kono officially inaugurated Japan’s first Space Operations Squadron during a May 18 ceremony in Tokyo. The squadron’s realization marks a large step forward for the nation’s space ambitions at a time when, due to an increased number of satellite launches, the Earth’s near space is more crowded than ever.

Read all about it here: https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20.../#.XtekyjpKi71

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (3rd June 2020), Harmony (4th June 2020), william r sanford72 (3rd June 2020)

18. Link to Post #29550
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Inverse.com

Martian Moon Holds Clues To An Ancient Ring Around The Planet

Published 2nd June 2020

Out of all the moons of the Solar System, Deimos might be the least impressive. From the over 200 moons that populate our Solar System, the Martian satellite is one of the smallest, measuring at about only seven miles in diameter, and is severely misshapen with an uneven surface. Named after the Roman god of dread, Deimos is not anyone's idea of a vacation spot.

However, this moon may hold secrets about Mars' past and what the Red Planet may have looked like billions of years ago.

Read all about it here: https://www.inverse.com/science/mars-moon-ancient-ring

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Harmony (4th June 2020), silvanelf (8th June 2020), william r sanford72 (3rd June 2020)

20. Link to Post #29551
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Nemesis Maturity

NASA'S STEREO Shows Comet ATLAS Approaching the Sun

Published 3rd June 2020

NASA's Solar Terrestrial Relations Observatory, or STEREO, is monitoring Comet ATLAS as it approaches the Sun. The latest movie from the STEREO-A spacecraft's Heliospheric Imager shows the comet moving in from the top side over a six-day period from May 25 to May. 31, 2020.

The Sun sits outside the field of view of this camera, located to the left, off-screen, hinted at by the steady stream of particles, called the solar wind, moving in from the left.

Last edited by Star Tsar; 3rd June 2020 at 16:28.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Harmony (4th June 2020), william r sanford72 (3rd June 2020)

22. Link to Post #29552
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Weather Events

Large Meteor Fireball Explodes Spectacularly Over Northern Turkey

Published 2nd June 2020

Large meteor fireball explodes spectacularly over northern Turkey , 27-5-2020

On the evening of Wednesday 27 May, residents of northern Turkey were treated to a spectacular light show. Videos on social media show a meteor fireball streaking across the sky, before exploding in the air with a thunderous boom.

According to Turkish news website Daily Sabah a "ball of light" was observed in several provinces at around 8:30 pm local time, including Artvin, Erzurum, Sivas, Tuncel and Ardahan.

Hürriyet reports that a sound similar to thunder was heard as a result of the explosion

Last edited by Star Tsar; 3rd June 2020 at 16:32.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Harmony (4th June 2020), silvanelf (8th June 2020), william r sanford72 (3rd June 2020)

24. Link to Post #29553
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Asteroid Station

Asteroid (2013 XA22)

Published 3rd June 2020

This newly discovered object will closely approach on June 8th 2020.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Harmony (4th June 2020), william r sanford72 (4th June 2020)

26. Link to Post #29554
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Volcano Time-Lapse

Crater Activity | Popocatepetl Volcano, Mexico

Recorded & Published 3rd June 2020

Event was observed at 5:15 CDT.

&

Large Eruption | Sakurajima Volcano, Japan

Recorded & Published 4th June 2020

At 2:59 JST an eruption was registered.

A futher eruption @ 16:38 JST

Last edited by Star Tsar; 4th June 2020 at 09:16.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Elpis (5th June 2020), Harmony (4th June 2020), silvanelf (8th June 2020), william r sanford72 (4th June 2020)

28. Link to Post #29555
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Weather Events

Worldwide Weather Events

Published 4th June 2020

In this report footage from Pakistan, Mexico, Russia & Spain taken on the 3rd June 2020.

&

Published 5th June 2020

In this report footage from Norway, France & Ukraine.

Last edited by Star Tsar; 5th June 2020 at 17:54.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Harmony (4th June 2020), Richter (5th June 2020), william r sanford72 (4th June 2020)

30. Link to Post #29556
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Nemesis Maturity

Moon Jupiter & Saturn Grace The Evening Sky

Published 4th June 2020

The Moon will meet up with the solar system's largest planets over the next several nights. See Jupiter, Saturn and the Waning Gibbous Moon late in the evening on June 6 up to 8, 2020. Currently, the solar system's gas giants can be found near the constellation Sagittarius. Although not visible, Pluto is close to Jupiter on the sky’s dome throughout the year 2020.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (5th June 2020)

32. Link to Post #29557
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Space.com

Understanding Lunar Eclipses - Why Do They Happen & How Often?

Published 5th June 2020

Why do lunar eclipses happen? NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter team breaks it down. -- Lunar Eclipse Guide: https://www.space.com/33786-lunar-eclipse-guide.html

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

silvanelf (8th June 2020), william r sanford72 (5th June 2020)

34. Link to Post #29558
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

What Da Math? With Anton Petrov

Why Venus & Mercury No Longer Have Moons

Published 3rd June 2020

In this video Anton will talk about the two main reasons why Venus and Mercury do not and cannot have any moons.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

36. Link to Post #29559
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    Inverse.com

Martian Moon Holds Clues To An Ancient Ring Around The Planet

Published 2nd June 2020

Out of all the moons of the Solar System, Deimos might be the least impressive. From the over 200 moons that populate our Solar System, the Martian satellite is one of the smallest, measuring at about only seven miles in diameter, and is severely misshapen with an uneven surface. Named after the Roman god of dread, Deimos is not anyone's idea of a vacation spot.

However, this moon may hold secrets about Mars' past and what the Red Planet may have looked like billions of years ago.

Read all about it here: https://www.inverse.com/science/mars-moon-ancient-ring
    SETI Institute

Martian Moon's Orbit Hints @ Ancient Rings Of Mars

Published 5th June 2020

Scientists from the SETI Institute and Purdue University have found that the only way to produce Deimos’s unusually tilted orbit is for Mars to have had a ring billions of years ago. While some of the more massive planets in our solar system have giant rings and numerous big moons, Mars only has two small, misshapen moons, Phobos and Deimos. Although these moons are small, their peculiar orbits hide important secrets about their past. A discussion with the SETI Institute's Matija Cuk.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

38. Link to Post #29560
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

It's Just Astronomical!

Astronomy & The Days Of The Week

Published 5th June 2020

The surprising astronomical significance of the days of the week.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (5th June 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1478 of 1823 FirstFirst 1 478 978 1378 1428 1468 1478 1488 1528 1578 1823 LastLast