Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Need info about a Microwave / Telecoms mast, please

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,536 times in 32,931 posts

Default Need info about a Microwave / Telecoms mast, please

-------

Hi, All:

I'd very much welcome some research information about an apparent telecoms mast that has just appeared in Vilcabamba without any consultation with the folks who live here -- who are concerned.

It's quite low to the ground (the height is no more than 40 ft / 12 m), and it's right next to the town plaza. I'd guess the diameter of the dishes is very roughly 8 ft / 2.5m.

No-one is absolutely certain what it is, or what it's function(s) might possibly be. While answers are sought from officials (not necessarily an easy process in Ecuador!), it occurred to me to ask the good Avalon members what they know of these things. I'm well aware there is real expertise here.

Thanks -- very much appreciated by me, and many others.

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 6th December 2011 at 18:27.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Davidallany (7th December 2011), DeDukshyn (7th December 2011), fifi (7th December 2011), M6* (7th December 2011), transitionalman (7th December 2011), Yoda (6th December 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Default Re: Need info about a Microwave / Telecoms mast, please

thats just a point to point microwave shot set up... you'll see in the direction of the dishes its recipical partner off in the distance...

its easier to get data from point to point with a HCLOS (high capacity line of sight) when compared to running actual cables.

I'd check to see who owns the land (we can do this in the US pretty easily) and go from there as far as investigation goes.... but I'd say "nothing to worry about" on this one for sure.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

hectorlca (7th December 2011), M6* (7th December 2011), transitionalman (7th December 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    thats just a point to point microwave shot set up... you'll see in the direction of the dishes its recipical partner off in the distance...

its easier to get data from point to point with a HCLOS (high capacity line of sight) when compared to running actual cables.

I'd check to see who owns the land (we can do this in the US pretty easily) and go from there as far as investigation goes.... but I'd say "nothing to worry about" on this one for sure.
    Thanks.

What are the emissions risks? And would this be for cellphones, internet, or something else?

Btw, I don't see its "reciprocal partner"... I'm not aware of any other similar mast in the area.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 6th December 2011 at 18:31.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Davidallany (7th December 2011), TargeT (6th December 2011), transitionalman (7th December 2011), Yoda (6th December 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

emissions are questionable.. personally I think they are terrible for humans, but the general concensus is that this kind of "RF" is "safe", in the path of the dishes there can be a pretty strong signal; and these are certainly lower than normal; however given the country I'll assume it was done that way for monitary reasons...

there has to be another set of dishes in line of sight of those ( you may have to climb 30ft to get on their level to see it) if there's not then those dishes are either not functional or are not what they seem.

as for usage: it's for "data" so that could be internet, or a cell trunk or maybe even just a company network of some sort (this happens a lot in cities where companies own two large buildings... easier/cheaper to do a microwave shot than run through an ISP etc..)

Just to re-itterate: these directional dishes are probably "better" to be around than cell towers /high voltage lines as at least the vast majority of the signal is directional & not just leaking (radiating) out everywhere.

so for health concerns I'd go back to the "nothing to worry about" mentality; at least for short term exposure I have no clue on the long term stuff but these types of systems are all over so I think they must be "ok".
    Last edited by TargeT; 6th December 2011 at 18:41.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

DeDukshyn (7th December 2011), transitionalman (7th December 2011)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,204 times in 958 posts

I have been interested in this subject also. I saw this man speak at Conspiracy Con a few years ago and spoke to him personally. He seems to have a real line on what is going on in this realm. I'm sure he would be willing to speak with you about this. He does consult privately.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cartomancer For This Post:

baddbob (7th December 2011), Herbert (6th December 2011), Spirithorse (6th December 2011), TargeT (6th December 2011), toothpick (8th December 2011), transitionalman (7th December 2011)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,323 times in 995 posts

emissions are questionable.. personally I think they are terrible for humans,
    I have to Strongly Agree with that statement. In truth, All electromagnetic frequencies, as we use them, are a Serious Problem. I'll interject, that I'd be very worried about how the outgoing frequencies are being manipulated, and how the receiver is being tuned.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kindred For This Post:

Isthatso (7th December 2011), TargeT (6th December 2011)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Cartomancer (here)
    I have been interested in this subject also. I saw this man speak at Conspiracy Con a few years ago and spoke to him personally. He seems to have a real line on what is going on in this realm. I'm sure he would be willing to speak with you about this. He does consult privately.
    Not really applicable here.. these types of dishes are too fixed for that really.

but that topic is valid.
    Where are you?

14. Link to Post #8
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,127 times in 3,536 posts

Hey Bill,

It looks like a microwave internet receptor. There are regulations for these kind of equipment, but they are different accordingly to the country it´s installed.

As you come from a developed country, it might look uncommon for you, but this is considered to be a sign of progress for small villages and cities on developing countries.

They´ve installed an identical device where my brother lives, in a remote region of Brazil. This device was able to supply the whole village with free internet access.

It´s normal for it to be installed in a central part of the village, because the signal distribution is much better and uniform.

I wouldn´t worry about it, but I recommend people to don´t stay close to this object for an extended period of time, or better, to don´t get closer than 15m from it.

It´s much cheaper to use these kind of receptors than to build hundreds of miles of cables to reach certain places. The bad part of it is that the internet wont work well on cloudy and rainy days.

Cheers,

Raf.

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

Cartomancer (6th December 2011), Davidallany (7th December 2011), eric charles (8th December 2011), hectorlca (7th December 2011), Kindred (6th December 2011), StephenW11UK (7th December 2011), TargeT (6th December 2011), transitionalman (7th December 2011)

16. Link to Post #9
    Finland Avalon Member Ultima Thule's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,265 times in 683 posts

I´m no expert, but happen to have some files that might be of interest, nothing particular about that mast probably, but some guidelines and examples of how these have been not accepted in too close proximity. Happy to send them to you, I can send them through Ilie for example?

Done!
    Last edited by Ultima Thule; 7th December 2011 at 04:12.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ultima Thule For This Post:

RMorgan (6th December 2011)

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,331 times in 1,296 posts

That is a megalith! That it appeared without consultation with the local populace is against all principles of consultation with the people.

Microwaves are very damaging of organic matter — it's why a microwave oven works; by exciting the molecules and imparting heat (heat being just an increased state of energising). If they are transmitting or receiving microwaves, the implications or animal/human health nearby are not enviable. If you take four ordinary mobile phones and ring them together, they can cook popcorn from the kernal. This tower looks like it might be just a little bit stronger than the average mobile phone.

If I were you, I'd contact the local authority and ask (in a way that leaves no doubt that you're not really asking) for the specs of the tower; power output, frequency range, etc.. They will have such information or they wouldn't have granted land to the company for it. If they pretend they don't, ask them for the company's contact details and ask it of them.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Post:

Davidallany (7th December 2011), Isthatso (7th December 2011), transitionalman (7th December 2011)

20. Link to Post #11
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,902 times in 15,481 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    [...]

What are the emissions risks? And would this be for cellphones, internet, or something else?

Btw, I don't see its "reciprocal partner"... I'm not aware of any other similar mast in the area.

Hi Bill!

Whatever it is and doing, have a look at this:

http://whale.to/b/orgonite.html

... especially the tower-busting parts.

Best self-defense against any type of radiated energy I know of.

cheers!
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

StephenW11UK (7th December 2011)

22. Link to Post #12
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,382 times in 700 posts

Hello Bill:
    From my experience with microwaye towers exactly like the ones shown in the photos some people will get extreme headaches from prolonged exposure along with not being able to sleep. The best way to solve this problem is to buy the camping silver blankets that are just aluminum foil but won't tear. Put it up where the windows are since these microwaves don't transmit through walls only the windows.
    The companies that own these type of microwaves will not move them from experience.
    Good luck
    chancy

23. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

-------

Many thanks, Folks -- very much appreciated. Do keep it coming if there are any more insights or useful information.

TargeT, I was quite wrong about the reciprocal mast -- I went out and located it today. I'd not noticed it before.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

TargeT (7th December 2011), Yoda (7th December 2011)

25. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

I fully agree with Target -- looks like a pretty standard old school microwave communications tower. In BC I'd see them planted here and there on top of high hills etc. I think they allow CB radios to work and such. In BC Forestry was huge a few years back so before satellite and cellular communication was used via these.

However, I wouldn't exactly say "nothing to worry about" -- microwaves can be tuned to do some pretty specific things.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 7th December 2011 at 01:41.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

26. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,557 times in 20,694 posts

I've heard that the orgonite devices such as those recommended at
    http://whale.to/b/orgonite.html
    are effective.
    They're cheap to make and good to have around in any case.
    More here:
    http://educate-yourself.org/dc/orgonegenindex.shtml
    Directions there on how to make them yourself and much more about protective devices for EMFs of all kinds.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to onawah For This Post:

StephenW11UK (7th December 2011)

28. Link to Post #16
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,835 times in 3,731 posts

Generally things like this cannot be erected without appropriate licensing. These licenses are not often secret. The technical data on the RF (Radio Frequency) - power, frequencies, duty cycle, propagation patterns etc, will be listed on the license. The reason is that most countries have regulators for RF spectrum assignments and seek to avoid people interfering with each-other.

With Dishes, the emission is highly directional. Think torch beam or searchlight, and generally would not radiate much outside that beam. You need to see where the beams are going and find the receivers (as TargeT already pointed out) however these might not be dishes unless its a two way transfer.

The mast itself could be an aerial - ensure you get the data for all the installations at that location.

From here on, you would need an RF engineer to interpret the data - it is beyond me.

Radio Hams know a lot about this, as it is their hobby. Find a local radio-ham and hit them up for some information - they will also know about the licensing arrangements and they themselves will be working within the terms of a government license.

(If my memory serves, Henry Deacon knew a lot about this, might be worth a try)
    Last edited by Anchor; 7th December 2011 at 02:46.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

DeDukshyn (7th December 2011), Strat (7th December 2011)

30. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,321 times in 10,234 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

Thanks.

yep, it's a microwave repeater.

Although, that low to the ground is not a good thing.

Usually they are as high as the ones in this image. I can't imagine that in an area that I suspect is as 'hilly' as you are in, that any low tower serves much in the way of being a proper repeater device.

They may not be able to afford a big tower.. but.... 40 ft is a sick joke.

I don't think that a repeater is allowed to be that close to humans --in North America.

Looking again, it is as I suspected. Scrap components. Note the paint loss. Impossible, for a brand new tower assembly. it is made of old sections. They need to get it a good 60 ft higher off the ground. An extra 150ft would be a better minimum..and then... on the outskirts of town, minimum.

This one is in my Home town. Yep, folks..that is a picture of a town. The lake is in the middle of it. We used to do things like get in a canoe..and drink..and float about....right in the middle of town.

5000 people around us..at the same time we are drinking in a boat... on a lake...rushes ..weeds... birds....swans....fishing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	home sweet home.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	11772  
    Last edited by Carmody; 7th December 2011 at 03:57.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

DeDukshyn (7th December 2011), seko (7th December 2011)

32. Link to Post #18
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

here is one from near where I grew up. The tower is only about maybe 50ft but it is on top of an old volcanic core jutting out of the landscape, - been there since I was a kid - these are usually always on the highest peaks in a given area ... they are speckled all throughout BC forest ranges - allow communication for the forest industry where you're a million miles from nowhere but you may need to still contact someone .. etc.

Edit ... hmmm looking at that now that tower is much taller than 50 ft ... look more like about 100ft -- that butte is well over 100 feet tall

Last edited by DeDukshyn; 7th December 2011 at 03:47.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

33. Link to Post #19
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,587 times in 5,714 posts

it seems that if there were a 3rd photo in this unsettling progression it would depict a laser beam coming from one of the devices to incinerate that poor innocent church in the background

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike For This Post:

DeDukshyn (7th December 2011)

35. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,321 times in 10,234 posts

They are apparently 'tight beaming'. (avoiding wide broadcasts that can be captured) I'm guessing.... military. Government business. Just a guess.

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    here is one from near where I grew up. The tower is only about maybe 50ft but it is on top of an old volcanic core jutting out of the landscape, - been there since I was a kid - these are usually always on the highest peaks in a given area ... they are speckled all throughout BC forest ranges - allow communication for the forest industry where you're a million miles from nowhere but you may need to still contact someone .. etc.

Edit ... hmmm looking at that now that tower is much taller than 50 ft ... look more like about 100ft -- that butte is well over 100 feet tall
    That's what I mean. Tight budgets, etc...and next to city hall. Things are getting touchy in nearby countries. The odds of getting them to at least raise the height of that tower in the near term.... are probably low.
    Last edited by Carmody; 7th December 2011 at 04:07.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

DeDukshyn (7th December 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast