+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My heart has a Q Pulse. What is it? Am I about to die?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,755 times in 8,385 posts

Default My heart has a Q Pulse. What is it? Am I about to die?

My doctor called me in to tell me about the result of an ECG I had done recently. He was very concerned about what he called a Q pulse in the graphs. He said he would normally only expect to find such a thing with a person who has previously had a heart attack.

As far I know, I've never had a heart attack.

Do any of you here have the knowledge to tell me what it all means?

What exactly is it and what's causing it?

Is it dangerous?

How could I get rid of it?

Am I about to die?

Anyone?.....

2. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member cloud9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,796 times in 663 posts

Default Re: My heart has a Q Pulse. What is it? Am I about to die?

hey norman,
    I googled q pulse and the only thing I found was your post here in Avalon...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cloud9 For This Post:

norman (7th December 2011)

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

whaw, that was quick ( of google ).

Yea, I tried to find out about it on the net and didn't see anything I could relate to.

My Doc' didn't have time to get into it. He just said he'd check it out with the regional consultant and even wrote my phone number down on the actual chart paper.

5. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,613 times in 2,179 posts

Hi Norman, all I could find was this

Q pulse - cardiac output

Good luck
    .... be gentle with your anger. Sixto Rodriguez, Cape Town 20.02.2013

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ViralSpiral For This Post:

7. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,070 times in 518 posts

I can tell you about the heart from the Psychosomatic medicine point of view.
    The heart the emotional center of our body. If there is an emotional issue (which I will explain later) the subconscious send us a message in a form of symbol manifested in a part of our body responsible for that emotional states.

Ok, let me give you an extreme example of the heart problems. A businessman get a heart attack because of stress. That we hear a lot but doesn't explain anything. So, the people who little by little push away from their life any emotional sensibility and becoming more and more centered on some totally non-emotional things (like business) can trigger an arterial problem which derive to Angina Pectoris and to consequent heart attack which can be of a different strength (very mild in your case).
    It is also related with a territorial loss where there is a feeling that all your life is felling apart.
    Heart is always affected when there is a serious blockage of the expression of our emotions, loss of any kind and everything connected with this.
    every person is unique and very similar problems can manifest in a different way, all depending on our believe system.

You can PM me for more detailed explanation if you wish. And off course what can be done to avoid problems in a future.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vibrations For This Post:

Dawn (7th December 2011), gandra99 (7th December 2011), norman (7th December 2011), Phoenix (7th December 2011)

9. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member baddbob's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,717 times in 388 posts

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Q+wave
    Did they do any enzymes test ? that would tell if you had a silent heart attack that would show up in your blood work.Ive had three heart attacks and have 7 stents in my heart,but im still above ground although sometimes I think it might be a bad thing lol
    Last edited by baddbob; 7th December 2011 at 00:38.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to baddbob For This Post:

Dawn (7th December 2011), norman (7th December 2011), Phoenix (7th December 2011), ViralSpiral (7th December 2011)

11. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

THATS! the one. I saw it with my own eyes.

"Q wave in the QRS complex, the initial downward (negative) deflection, related to the initial phase of depolarization of the ventricular myocardium, the depolarization of the interventricular septum."

This definition makes it sound normal but the Doc' definitely was startled to see it there about half way between the big normal "thump" ones.

12. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,673 times in 499 posts

Last edited by Bryn ap Gwilym; 7th December 2011 at 00:57. Reason: added two links
    Inscription on The Washington Monument -

Fy iaith, fy ngwlad, fy nghenedl Cymru — Cymru am byth (My language, my land, my nation of Wales — Wales for ever)...

Dweud y gwir - Tell the truth

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bryn ap Gwilym For This Post:

14. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member Candor's Avatar
    Thanks

Dear Norman,

I just checked your heart. Your are in top Gravy. Your doctor is looking for an income. Tell him to get a job creating good, rather than telling people stuff.

I recommend you walkk a hearty five miles every day for the rest of the year, and next year, run the smae as your body indicates. I live above 8,000 feet, and do five miles a day, regardless of the weather, I am 70 years ugly and getting better every day. Now here's the sinky of your life on earth--you create what you think about. Don't ask the doctor "How sick am I", becuz you will always be as sick as you have meaningless symptoms accompanied by ability to pay. Rather, I suggest you develop a strong positive attitude, Be a Creator, (study Creatorship), Create yourSelf, and create good for others, this alone will be enough to keep you so bloody busy for a long wonderful time your will be begging God to kill for a break from all the work, and all he will say in return will be: "Gee, Norman, you are doing such a good job, I'll just kkeep you around on Earth for five hundred years. Do some more I like it."

And there is always the fact ot the end of the rope for us all, the only way out of here, (our mortal means) is to die of from living. As the old Greek philosopher put it: "Life is terminal. So enjoy the trip while you are here.

Dostors are not necessarily good company. So in summary, dear healthy Norman, I recommend you hang out with your friends in Project Avalon, eat well, Be happy, run (don't drive) create goodness and laugh it God-- He's Funny.

Sincerely,
    William Wallace

ww
    Let Go; Let Love Create it for you.
    Candor

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Candor For This Post:

conk (9th December 2011), NancyV (7th December 2011), norman (7th December 2011), TWINCANS (7th December 2011)

16. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,835 times in 3,731 posts

Quote Posted by Candor (here)
    I just checked your heart.
    Interesting you interpreted his questions as permission to do that.

For what it is worth though, I concur with your finding "Your are in top Gravy."

I don't concur with your reasoning about the Doctors motives.

Having been misdiagnosed myself, I feel that it is always worth checking carefully - but don't worry too much.

Doctors get things wrong all the time. Doctors communicate badly all the time. That said not all Doctor's are from the Satans little helper clan and they are not all out to rip you off or earn referrals based on worry.

You should go for a second opinion - and you should use a Doctor who has more time to explain things properly to you.

Ask questions - Dr's work for you not the other way around.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

18. Link to Post #11
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,350 times in 2,555 posts

I'd be very careful giving health advice or accepting it online especially with something as tricky as heart rhythms and recommending any distance of walking without a doctors approval. You can get secondary opinions from naturapaths and D.O.'s. I don't think this breathing information will harm you, but check with your doctor first. If you are suffering from stress, and who isn't I highly recommend practicing 4,7,8 breathing that is nothing more than inhaling through your nose for the count of 4 as much air as you can comfortable take in fully, hold it for the count of 7, and exhale through your mouth to the count of 8. Do this 4 to 8 times and you will find your stress levels changes immensly as you will go from sympathetic to the parasympathetic mode which means from the fight or flight stress mode to the relaxation mode.

I learned this method from Dr. Weil. Here is what he says:

"Practicing regular, mindful breathing can be calming and energizing and can even help with stress-related health problems ranging from panic attacks to digestive disorders."
    Andrew Weil, M.D.

Since breathing is something we can control and regulate, it is a useful tool for achieving a relaxed and clear state of mind. I recommend three breathing exercises to help relax and reduce stress: The Stimulating Breath, The 4-7-8 Breathing Exercise (also called the Relaxing Breath), and Breath Counting. Try each and see how they affect your stress and anxiety levels.

The 4-7-8 (or Relaxing Breath) Exercise
    This exercise is utterly simple, takes almost no time, requires no equipment and can be done anywhere. Although you can do the exercise in any position, sit with your back straight while learning the exercise. Place the tip of your tongue against the ridge of tissue just behind your upper front teeth, and keep it there through the entire exercise. You will be exhaling through your mouth around your tongue; try pursing your lips slightly if this seems awkward.

•Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound.
    •Close your mouth and inhale quietly through your nose to a mental count of four.
    •Hold your breath for a count of seven.
    •Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound to a count of eight.
    •This is one breath. Now inhale again and repeat the cycle three more times for a total of four breaths.

Note that you always inhale quietly through your nose and exhale audibly through your mouth. The tip of your tongue stays in position the whole time. Exhalation takes twice as long as inhalation. The absolute time you spend on each phase is not important; the ratio of 4:7:8 is important. If you have trouble holding your breath, speed the exercise up but keep to the ratio of 4:7:8 for the three phases. With practice you can slow it all down and get used to inhaling and exhaling more and more deeply.

This exercise is a natural tranquilizer for the nervous system. Unlike tranquilizing drugs, which are often effective when you first take them but then lose their power over time, this exercise is subtle when you first try it but gains in power with repetition and practice. Do it at least twice a day. You cannot do it too frequently. Do not do more than four breaths at one time for the first month of practice. Later, if you wish, you can extend it to eight breaths. If you feel a little lightheaded when you first breathe this way, do not be concerned; it will pass.

Once you develop this technique by practicing it every day, it will be a very useful tool that you will always have with you. Use it whenever anything upsetting happens - before you react. Use it whenever you are aware of internal tension. Use it to help you fall asleep. This exercise cannot be recommended too highly. Everyone can benefit from it.

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART00521...exercises.html

I really like Dr. Weil and he has a balanced approach to Western and Eastern Medical practices. Most people today are suffering from sympathetic nervous system overload and burning themselves out. The symptoms are high blood pressure, stomach upset, bowel upset, head aches, heart problems, anger management issues and so on. Western medicine recognizes there are both parasympathetic and sympathetic systems; however, they do not actually have a modality to heal an out of balance system. Instead, they treat the symptoms. So, 4,7,8 breathing actually helps us hit the reset button and through daily practice we can become more conscious of which system we are operating within and choose to go back to the healthy normal parasympathetic system and only live in sympathetic mode when we truly need to.

I do hope you feel better soon, and send love and healing to you.

Much love,

Serenity

19. Link to Post #12
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,430 times in 818 posts

Quote Posted by vibrations (here)
    I can tell you about the heart from the Psychosomatic medicine point of view.
    The heart the emotional center of our body. If there is an emotional issue (which I will explain later) the subconscious send us a message in a form of symbol manifested in a part of our body responsible for that emotional states.

Ok, let me give you an extreme example of the heart problems. A businessman get a heart attack because of stress. That we hear a lot but doesn't explain anything. So, the people who little by little push away from their life any emotional sensibility and becoming more and more centered on some totally non-emotional things (like business) can trigger an arterial problem which derive to Angina Pectoris and to consequent heart attack which can be of a different strength (very mild in your case).
    It is also related with a territorial loss where there is a feeling that all your life is felling apart.
    Heart is always affected when there is a serious blockage of the expression of our emotions, loss of any kind and everything connected with this.
    every person is unique and very similar problems can manifest in a different way, all depending on our believe system.

You can PM me for more detailed explanation if you wish. And off course what can be done to avoid problems in a future.
    Hi Vibrations, this sounds like something that could be very helpful for all of us, especially the "what can be done to avoid problems in the future" Could you start a thread on this or maybe just share some information here?

20. Link to Post #13
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,116 times in 243 posts

Be well norman. We appreciate you here.

phoenix

+ Reply to Thread