+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Truth About Hair and Why Indians Would Keep Their Hair Long

1. Link to Post #21
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,004 times in 2,540 posts

Default Re: The Truth About Hair and Why Indians Would Keep Their Hair Long

By the way Rahkyt, all self possessed men are sexy. You're doing fine. I agree with US, bald is beautiful. My husband did a study on baldness verses IQ and found that the balder you are the more likely you are to have a brain that's working overtime... perhaps more shine for the vitamin D3 to connect? LOL. At any rate, extreme alcoholic males were the least likely to loose their hair... I wouldn't suggest becoming an alcoholic, however. Then there is genetics...

From the Heart,
    Wormhole

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kristin For This Post:

Caren (9th December 2011), Dawn (11th December 2011), Mark (9th December 2011), sandy (9th December 2011), seko (9th December 2011), william r sanford72 (20th December 2013)

3. Link to Post #22
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

Quote Posted by Wormhole (here)
    I've experimented with braiding my intentions into my hair, including protection, health, vigour, and calmness... IT WORKS!!! I had cut my hair after surviving and witnessing some pretty nasty things in New Orleans after Katrina, I wanted to clear the energy. I think it was a mistake, I should have chosen another way. I felt that I had lost touch with my antenna. Now I have long locks again and they are getting longer. I am very happy to have my long blond hair flowing again. As it increases in length and volume I feel the antenna lighting up even stronger. I try to only trim it during the full or new moon. It seems to grow best if I follow the same systems of farming... why not?

From the Heart,
    Wormhole
    I have followed the Moon and haircutting for decades now. Same with planting or transplanting. Waxing or waning Moon matters to me and I never forget to check and plan.

It's our Way.

4. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,979 times in 5,652 posts

Interesting, to say the least.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Abhaya (21st December 2013), Caren (9th December 2011), chocolate (12th March 2014)

6. Link to Post #24
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

I'm a long hair. Ever since I was a kid I seemed to "need" long hair. My mom hated it but was respectful enough to allow it. Long hair won't give you magic powers but if you are a sensitive then long hair will bring out those qualities. I believe hair is a crystalline structure (crystals can "tune" into high frequency energy -- think crystal radio tuner - all radio tuners need quartz crystal to pick up the signals) which may allow it to pick up higher frequency energy that our subtle bodies may be able to interpret, not unlike the crystals present in some of the glands of the human endocrine system -- this isn't "magic" or "witchcraft" -- there is science behind these principles.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Caren (9th December 2011), chocolate (12th March 2014), Dawn (11th December 2011), Krist (14th March 2014), Phoenix (9th December 2011), sandy (9th December 2011), william r sanford72 (20th December 2013)

8. Link to Post #25
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,350 times in 2,555 posts

I thought hair was a protein not crystal.

9. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member PixieDust's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,269 times in 212 posts

i had super long hair when i was a kid all the way down to my butt. i'd sit on it if it wasnt braided then i started cutting it in middle school shorter and shorter till high school when i started sporting a pixie cut.

I wore a pixie cut into college until i got pregnant and didnt want to look like a mom hahah

when i had short hair it brought out my spunky crazy side and now that i have hair down to the middle of my back im more subdued and emotional. as far as being more in touch or empathetic its possible that long hair contributes. But its hard to say because of the life style changes that came with the hair.

now to feed my wild side i either keep crazy layers in it or put weird color patterns in. Im naturally blonde but keep it colored primarily red, i always say im a redhead stuck in a blondes body, except for the occasional blonde moments of course

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PixieDust For This Post:

Caren (9th December 2011), fourty-two (21st December 2013), Krist (14th March 2014), Phoenix (9th December 2011)

11. Link to Post #27
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I colored my hair once and will never do it again. As soon as I was washing the dye out, my hair felt completely different. It wasn't like hair anymore, it felt fake, almost like plastic. I regretted doing it even before seeing how it came out color-wise. It looked fabulous.

Still, never again.

12. Link to Post #28
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Unified Serenity (here)
    Proteins - collagen and minerals, yes - A crystalline structure just means the molecules line up in a specific pattern -- like the core of the earth is Iron - a metal but is a crystalline structure.

Also a great consideration (slightly off topic) is that water is a liquid crystal - most people don't realize this and the implications it holds.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 9th December 2011 at 04:53.

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Caren (9th December 2011), chocolate (12th March 2014), Dawn (11th December 2011), Krist (14th March 2014), meeradas (9th December 2011), modwiz (9th December 2011), Orph (9th December 2011), william r sanford72 (20th December 2013)

14. Link to Post #29
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I found this:

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/23...heir-Hair-Long

Main text below ...

"The Truth About Hair and Why Indians Would Keep Their Hair Long

This information about hair has been hidden from the public since the Viet Nam War.

Our culture leads people to believe that hair style is a matter of personal preference, that hair style is a matter of fashion and/or convenience, and that how people wear their hair is simply a cosmetic issue. Back in the Vietnam war however, an entirely different picture emerged, one that has been carefully covered up and hidden from public view.

In the early nineties, Sally [name changed to protect privacy] was married to a licensed psychologist who worked at a VA Medical hospital. He worked with combat veterans with PTSD, post traumatic stress disorder. Most of them had served in Vietnam.

Sally said, "I remember clearly an evening when my husband came back to our apartment on Doctor's Circle carrying a thick official looking folder in his hands. Inside were hundreds of pages of certain studies commissioned by the government. He was in shock from the contents. What he read in those documents completely changed his life. From that moment on my conservative middle of the road husband grew his hair and beard and never cut them again. What is more, the VA Medical center let him do it, and other very conservative men in the staff followed his example.

As I read the documents, I learned why. It seems that during the Vietnam War special forces in the war department had sent undercover experts to comb American Indian Reservations looking for talented scouts, for tough young men trained to move stealthily through rough terrain. They were especially looking for men with outstanding, almost supernatural, tracking abilities. Before being approached, these carefully selected men were extensively documented as experts in tracking and survival.

With the usual enticements, the well proven smooth phrases used to enroll new recruits, some of these Indian trackers were then enlisted. Once enlisted, an amazing thing happened. Whatever talents and skills they had possessed on the reservation seemed to mysteriously disappear, as recruit after recruit failed to perform as expected in the field.

Serious causalities and failures of performance led the government to contract expensive testing of these recruits, and this is what was found.

When questioned about their failure to perform as expected, the older recruits replied consistently that when they received their required military haircuts, they could no longer 'sense' the enemy, they could no longer access a 'sixth sense', their 'intuition' no longer was reliable, they couldn't 'read' subtle signs as well or access subtle extrasensory information.

So the testing institute recruited more Indian trackers, let them keep their long hair, and tested them in multiple areas. Then they would pair two men together who had received the same scores on all the tests. They would let one man in the pair keep his hair long, and gave the other man a military haircut. Then the two men retook the tests.

Time after time the man with long hair kept making high scores. Time after time, the man with the short hair failed the tests in which he had previously scored high scores.

Here is a Typical Test:

The recruit is sleeping out in the woods. An armed 'enemy' approaches the sleeping man. The long haired man is awakened out of his sleep by a strong sense of danger and gets away long before the enemy is close, long before any sounds from the approaching enemy are audible.

In another version of this test the long haired man senses an approach and somehow intuits that the enemy will perform a physical attack. He follows his 'sixth sense' and stays still, pretending to be sleeping, but quickly grabs the attacker and 'kills' him as the attacker reaches down to strangle him.

This same man, after having passed these and other tests, then received a military haircut and consistently failed these tests, and many other tests that he had previously passed.

So the document recommended that all Indian trackers be exempt from military haircuts. In fact, it required that trackers keep their hair long."

Comment:

The mammalian body has evolved over millions of years. Survival skills of human and animal at times seem almost supernatural. Science is constantly coming up with more discoveries about the amazing abilities of man and animal to survive. Each part of the body has highly sensitive work to perform for the survival and well being of the body as a whole.The body has a reason for every part of itself.

Hair is an extension of the nervous system, it can be correctly seen as exteriorized nerves, a type of highly evolved 'feelers' or 'antennae' that transmit vast amounts of important information to the brain stem, the limbic system, and the neocortex.

Not only does hair in people, including facial hair in men, provide an information highway reaching the brain, hair also emits energy, the electromagnetic energy emitted by the brain into the outer environment. This has been seen in Kirlian photography when a person is photographed with long hair and then rephotographed after the hair is cut.

When hair is cut, receiving and sending transmissions to and from the environment are greatly hampered. This results in numbing-out .

Cutting of hair is a contributing factor to unawareness of environmental distress in local ecosystems. It is also a contributing factor to insensitivity in relationships of all kinds. It contributes to sexual frustration.

Conclusion:

In searching for solutions for the distress in our world, it may be time for us to consider that many of our most basic assumptions about reality are in error. It may be that a major part of the solution is looking at us in the face each morning when we see ourselves in the mirror.

The story of Sampson and Delilah in the Bible has a lot of encoded truth to tell us. When Delilah cut Sampson's hair, the once undefeatable Sampson was defeated.

Reported by C. Young

Comment: SOTT can't confirm this story or the research it suggests took place, however, we have wondered on many occasions, what is the use of hair and why so many legends refer to hair as being a source of strength, from Samson, to Nazarenes, to the Long Haired Franks. "

15. Link to Post #30
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Quote Posted by Unified Serenity (here)
    Proteins, collagen and minerals, yes - A crystalline structure just means the molecules line up in a specific pattern -- like the core of the earth is Iron - a metal but is a crystalline structure.

Also a great consideration (slightly off topic) is that water is a liquid crystal - most people don't realize this and the implications it holds.
    The implication is huge. Most of the crystals in our body are liquid crystals. Lymph is the easiest case to make. When it dries it leaves a golden crystalline substance. These dissolved crystals still have their crystalline properties and are one of the portals of our multidimensional being. The mind/body connection is not a theory and we are living in many dimensions simultaneously. The crystals throughout our bodies allow for a smooth translation of the data from one level of reality to another.

Great point dedukshyn

16. Link to Post #31
    UK Avalon Member Mark Aldebaran's Avatar
    Thanks

There are big esoteric lessons in this.
    Think of a composer; a mathematician; a rock musician; a guru; a classical conductor. Why have long hair when the men in our culture predominantly have short hair?
    Now think what happens when a man goes to prison; joins the military; changes career.
    What's the first thing a woman does when she gets dumped? Remember in Legends of The Fall when the woman cut her hair then shot herself?
    Hair is the way the mind protects its content by surrounding itself in its own excreta in the same way that a turtle's shell offers physical protection.
    To put it bluntly, hair is essentially brain ****. Hair is a tape recording of where your head was.
    So a year ago (however many inches that was) that signature is still in your hair and determines what your mind receives.
    So antenna, yes, in the sense that the hair now filters out other energy and prefers to pick up particular frequencies.
    Is there any good or bad in long or short? No.
    Think of long hair in music, and how the next wave of musicians have short hair.
    Long is more sensitive to specific things, so is preferred by people that have found and are committed to their way of life.
    (Keywords: committed, maintaining, sustaining, supporting, concentrated, intense, programmed, transmitting.)
    Short is sensitive to everything, less discriminating, especially more open to change and new ideas.
    (Keywords: innovation, radical, sloughing, new direction, revolution, starting over, letting go, open, dispersed, re-programmed, receiving.)
    "Oh, man. Look at those cavemen go... " David Bowie.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mark Aldebaran For This Post:

cheez_2806 (11th December 2011), Dawn (11th December 2011), DeDukshyn (21st December 2013), meeradas (9th December 2011), modwiz (9th December 2011)

18. Link to Post #32
    Australia Avalon Member cheez_2806's Avatar
    Thanks

this is very interesting~
    My hair is short above my shoulders for about 4 years now. I can't remember how I was like with long hair....
    I'm going to grow it out now! no cutting! see how it will turn out~

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Mark Aldebaran (here)
    Long is more sensitive to specific things, so is preferred by people that have found and are committed to their way of life.
    (Keywords: committed, maintaining, sustaining, supporting, concentrated, intense, programmed, transmitting.)
    Short is sensitive to everything, less discriminating, especially more open to change and new ideas.
    (Keywords: innovation, radical, sloughing, new direction, revolution, starting over, letting go, open, dispersed, re-programmed, receiving.)
    so...grow half side of my hair long and braided and the other half short??

19. The Following User Says Thank You to cheez_2806 For This Post:

Dawn (11th December 2011)

20. Link to Post #33
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

There is no way I could maintain all that hair..

21. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

When I was 15 I had my hair down to the middle of my back, too, and I refuse to cut it cause I felt it containing something. And as a teenage girl, I also had a really tough character that gave my mum a lot of headache. Somehow she realized cutting my hair will soften my character, just like cutting a sheep's hair an ox' penis. And yes, she did it.
    endless light from the deepest black

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Renne For This Post:

Dawn (11th December 2011)

23. Link to Post #35
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,210 times in 1,149 posts

I have had short hair most of my adult life. I have had so many encounters with other dimensions, aliens, et's, and so on, that I cannot imagine how long hair would have made me more sensitive (Yikes!).

Nevertheless, I have envisioned myself in long hair all of my life, that is: when I see my self in my inner sight, I have long hair.

About 4 years ago I decided to grow it out, so that my outer countenance would match the inner one I always saw. I let it grow below my shoulders and down my back. It was very thin and frizzy and I looked unkempt no matter what I did. Since then I've begun taking daily Iodine as Iodoral or as liquid Lugal's iodine. Although I am not taking iodine for my hair, it has made a marked difference in the thickness and shine of my hair. A REALLY BIG difference. So, if you have thin hair and are reading this, please be aware that this is a symptom of lack of iodine.

After reading this, I am going to again grow my hair out. Hopefully it will not look awful and I can feel OK about my appearance.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

cheez_2806 (13th December 2011), DeDukshyn (21st December 2013), Renne (13th December 2011), william r sanford72 (20th December 2013)

25. Link to Post #36
    Brazil Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,529 times in 1,350 posts

Whenever I am asked why I keep the long hair over 10 years , I have a hard time answering . This is because due to a personal factor . Sometimes rational explanations fail to show the whole picture . Sometimes we can not express in words what is felt .
    This scenario above will help me in the future because it answers a somewhat similar scenario .
    I can not say that the phenomena that I have experienced are related to the fact that I have long hair. That's because these phenomena have occurred a year and a half ago . Period in which my attention to spirituality and knowledge in general , developed more strongly .
    So it seems to me , that focused attention due to acquired knowledge about certain subjects , has much more influence than the size of the hair itself . But I can not judge whether or not the hair facilitates these experiences because I have no intention of cutting them .

Perhaps the ornament Native American Feather photo , is not just a ' ornament ' after all. Might serve as a kind of antenna attracting electromagnetic energy of the surroundings and channeling them to the brain .
    ' Sixth Sense ' captured in infinitum space / time via an bird antenna .

Hug .

Naste .
    Last edited by naste.de.lumina; 20th December 2013 at 16:09.

26. Link to Post #37
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,175 posts

When I had my hair long, and it was really long (I miss it...baldness..bah humbug ) I wore it that way to honour Grandmother Earth and affirm my connection to her. When I braided it, I braided it in the same way I would braid sweetgrass. If I braided it in two braids, I was honouring my male side and my female side, Grandfather Sky, Grandmother Earth. For me, at least, it was a connection and an affirmation to these deep spiritual beliefs. Not the same for every Nation, but that was how I was taught.

I still have my hair. Never threw it away. Don't think I will either.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Milneman For This Post:

chocolate (12th March 2014), DeDukshyn (21st December 2013), fourty-two (21st December 2013), naste.de.lumina (21st December 2013), william r sanford72 (20th December 2013)

28. Link to Post #38
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

I met a Navajo Indian named Irvine (lol!) on July 27th of this year.
    He had the long, braided traditional hair and a long story that went with it.

Back in his glory days, Irvine lived in close proximity to Mormons.
    They noticed he was intelligent and wanted to recruit him.
    Unfortunately, they started hating his long Native American hair.
    They asked him to get rid of it. He said it was a part of who he was.
    It got to be such a conflict, that he left the Mormon movement over it.
    Which was actually pretty darn sad for him, considering it's a tight community.

But that's what people get when they treat each other like property that must conform to a standard that no one can even explain.
    They lost a really smart guy to alcohol and boredom when they got rid of Irvine because of his hair.

He should lose some weight and go to Hollywood!

29. Link to Post #39
    Brazil Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,529 times in 1,350 posts

I always had a problem accepting the authority saying you should do this or that and think that way, fit this pattern, etc..
    So working for large corporations in software development where the 'executive standard' reigns, was a way for me to proclaim my independence.
    Long hair is tolerated but not 'approved'.
    I liked the feelings generated by this 'challenge' standards.
    My little 'revenge', so to speak.
    Until I realized that my conscience will not tolerate more I work for those people
    The hair is still long.

Hug.

Naste.

30. Link to Post #40
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,486 times in 420 posts

Interesting thread. Ive been a long hair for the most of my life. The few years I had it short I felt like someone else. No girlfriends, completely lost and depressed. I let it grow a bit and my sense of pride reappeared. Now Ive decided at age of 40 to let it grow and I feel like myself again. This could of course also relate to the rockmusic culture I grew up in, I dont know.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Metaphor For This Post:

chocolate (12th March 2014), Krist (14th March 2014), naste.de.lumina (21st December 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast