+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bank run started in Europe?

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 times in 289 posts

Default Bank run started in Europe?

According to FirstPost Banks are planning on moving money from southern European countries to Germany. One Executive believes that Spain will return to the Peseta and his bank has moved cash and deposits from Spain to Germany:

http://www.firstpost.com/world/mothe...ne-154124.html

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Words of Joy For This Post:

58andfixed (14th December 2011), albativo (13th December 2011), aranuk (13th December 2011), Black Panther (13th December 2011), Calz (13th December 2011), Cjay (13th December 2011), crosby (13th December 2011), John Parslow (13th December 2011), Kano (13th December 2011), Robert J. Niewiadomski (13th December 2011), Selene (13th December 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Ilie Pandia

Default Re: Bank run started in Europe?

Interesting news...

Could be a coincidence but I could not use the ATM today.

I got an error roughly translated as: "Transaction failed". The usual error is that the ATM does not have money anymore.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

aranuk (13th December 2011), Calz (13th December 2011), Cjay (13th December 2011), crosby (13th December 2011), Kano (13th December 2011), Robert J. Niewiadomski (13th December 2011), Sebastion (13th December 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Deactivated
    Thanks

My coincidence for the day: I tried to view an internet page dedicated to critiquing Ron Paul...I got an access denied notice

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alienHunter For This Post:

crosby (13th December 2011), exchange student (13th December 2011), Kano (13th December 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

Quote Posted by Slobbe (here)
    According to FirstPost Banks are planning on moving money from southern European countries to Germany. One Executive believes that Spain will return to the Peseta and his bank has moved cash and deposits from Spain to Germany:

http://www.firstpost.com/world/mothe...ne-154124.html
    Interesting ... I saw an article last night but cannot recall where ... suggesting Germany is printing deutschmarks in preparation for (or insurance of) the euro collapsing.

Doing a search I found many articles going back to the last October ... here is one from Joseph Farrell ...

RUMOR: GERMANY QUIETLY PRINTING DEUTSCHMARKS?

October 8, 2011 By Joseph P. Farrell

Last Thursday in my News and Views from the Nefarium I reported on an internet rumor making the rounds since, well, since last year, and I promised that in the coming bunch of blogs I would share the links, and comment a little bit further about the rumor. Well, this is the time, and this is the place. First off, the actual articles that caught my attention:

First, the report of the Press Trust of India, from June of this year:

http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/de...many-115046&cp

Then there’s the Commodity Online article of Oct. 4, 2011:

http://www.commodityonline.com/marke...-4096-3-1.html

And the Bloomberg article about European Central Bankster Jean-Claude Trichet losing his cool and showing his true colors (or should I have said “colours”?) when asked about Germany moving back to the Deutschmark:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...n-germany.html

And finally, and most importantly, the notice that Germany’s Boersenews.de reinstated quotation of stock prices on Germany’s exchanges in Deutschmarks again:

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/deu...nancial-portal

One may be tempted, as I initially was, to dismiss all this as simply more internet speculation and wild rumor, but this is something more serious folks, for the story of Jean-Claude Trichet losing his cool – one may more properly say, having a royal French meltdown at the thought of the massed panzers of Deutschmarks set to break through at Sedan and run all the way to the Channel….woops, wrong time, but the right idea. Then, finally, we have the story that Boersenews.de has been quoting stock prices in D-marks for almost a year.

One can readily understand the Germans’ reluctance to become the bailers-out of the rest of Europe. And one can even understand – if not sympathize with M. Trichet’s little faux pas, for if Germany withdrew from the Eurozone, that would leave the other powerhouse of the European economy – France – to more or less go it alone (and they’ve done it before). And so far, we’re fortunate that Chancellorin Merkel has not burned down the newly-refurbished Reichstag in order to shore up her quickly declining support.

But let’s be serious here: M. Trichet is not at all worried about his native France, but about protecting the European Central Bank’s cartel monopoly on the loaning of the euro into circulation: it’s the same old bankster scam, and I smell the same old people in the City of London, plus a few of their continental cronies, behind it. And that crowd has been threatened by a powerful Germany ever since the nation was unified and the German Empire proclaimed at Versailles in 1871. And nowhere do I find any indicators – at least not yet – that the Germans are calling for a debt-free D-mark.

Nonetheless, let’s speculate. If Germany bails out the rest of Europe once again, German influence within the Eurozone only grows in proportion. If Germany on the other hand, pulls out of the Euro, the German economy will continue to be the locomotive of Europe, and perhaps much more so, because in my opinion the D-mark would quickly become a sort of regional reserve currency. If Germany restores the D-Mark, one may even speculate that Russia and China might actually be quietly behind the deal, since both of those nations have expressed – loudly – their determination to move away from the dollar as a reserve currency, and indeed, have already done so on a bilateral basis. Germany would strike a more “eastward” orientation while remaining within NATO. In short, we would see more of the same independence from Germany vis-a-vis NATO taht we have seen in recent events (Libya for example). One thing seems clear, it is not the German people who are behind all these bailouts, but the same clan of committed globalists and cartelists. As I keep saying, watch Russia, China, Japan, India, Brazil…. and Germany…. very carefully in the next few months.

http://gizadeathstar.com/2011/10/rum...-deutschmarks/

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

aranuk (13th December 2011), Kano (13th December 2011), RMorgan (13th December 2011), Selene (13th December 2011)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,350 times in 2,555 posts

Quote Posted by alienHunter (here)
    My coincidence for the day: I tried to view an internet page dedicated to critiquing Ron Paul...I got an access denied notice
    I did that alienhunter. I've blocked all negative sites about Ron Paul, in order to establish unity and hope.

Serenity

10. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

Quote Posted by Unified Serenity (here)
    Quote Posted by alienHunter (here)
    I did that alienhunter. I've blocked all negative sites about Ron Paul, in order to establish unity and hope.

Serenity
    Best Laugh o dah Day

Been awhile since I have been of the "spirit" to hand out such an award

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Calz For This Post:

Kano (13th December 2011)

12. Link to Post #7
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,947 times in 660 posts

Hello Calz_Avaretard

I am sure I saw the same thing some weeks back on R.T. - I think they may have been hedgeing their bets in case the latest round of fiscal talks in Europe started to fall apart - but they got their way with only the UK dropping out. Basically all the other countries in Europe have agreed to have their tax levels set by Europe rather than their own governments ... not a good idea IMO.

Best regards to you. JP

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John Parslow For This Post:

Calz (13th December 2011), Kano (13th December 2011)

14. Link to Post #8
    Ilie Pandia

Quote Posted by Calz_Avaretard (here)
    I don't want to sound over-dramatic, but this could be looked upon as an act of War against the IMF and EU central bank... I confess I'd be shocked if this will be allowed to happen.

If I recall correctly there are rumors that Kennedy, Gaddafi and even our former "dictator" Ceaușescu had similar plans... what do this men have in common? Yes, short lives.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

Black Panther (13th December 2011), Calz (13th December 2011), crosby (13th December 2011), exchange student (13th December 2011), Kano (13th December 2011), RMorgan (13th December 2011)

16. Link to Post #9
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,127 times in 3,536 posts

Quote Posted by Ilie Pandia (here)
    Quote Posted by Calz_Avaretard (here)
    I don't want to sound over-dramatic, but this could be looked upon as an act of War against the IMF and EU central bank... I confess I'd be shocked if this will be allowed to happen.

If I recall correctly there are rumors that Kennedy, Gaddafi and even our former "dictator" Ceaușescu had similar plans... what do this men have in common? Yes, short lives.
    I´ve heard this rumor as well, and not only about Germany. Many other countries of the Eurozone are already setting up the necessary logistics in order to print their previous currency in case something really bad happens to the Euro suddenly.

It´s not official, but they are doing the right thing. Could you imagine what would happen with these countries if the Euro crashes tomorrow and they are left in a blank economic spot without any currency? It would be total chaos.

I really think that most countries will start to print their own currency in a common secret unofficial deal, so they can try to make the transition on the smoothest way as possible.

You know, Brazil has gone trough many controlled currency changes in the past. Those changes were highly controlled, but it was never an easy process.

Changing back currencies because of an eventual Euro crash will be VERY complicated.

Cheers,

Raf.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

Calz (13th December 2011), Kano (13th December 2011), Selene (13th December 2011)

18. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,545 times in 2,615 posts

So could I say that this is all a good thing? trending away from a one world economic plan which would necessitate a one world government?

If you loose jurisdiction of your own back yard there is no freedom

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Calz (13th December 2011), Kano (13th December 2011)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,788 times in 8,388 posts

Quote Posted by RMorgan (here)

It´s not official, but they are doing the right thing. Could you imagine what would happen with these countries if the Euro crashes tomorrow and they are left in a blank economic spot without any currency? It would be total chaos.

I really think that most countries will start to print their own currency in a common secret unofficial deal, so they can try to make the transition on the smoothest way as possible.

I have heard about this locally too. There is a printer not far from me that I was told recently is printing 3 different european currencies as fast as it can. I don't think it really means very much. It's probably just a security measure, a bit like getting the road gritting trucks filled up ready for a possible snow storm.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Calz (13th December 2011), Kano (13th December 2011), RMorgan (13th December 2011)

+ Reply to Thread