+ Reply to Thread

Thread: In november 1990, Montreal, Canada, UFO sigthing

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 times in 479 posts

Default In november 1990, Montreal, Canada, UFO sigthing

I was living in Laval, near to Montreal in 1990. I remember quite well this event. It did fueled my already triggered passion for UFO's. To my big surprise at that time, the story didn't shake much of the city and the people talks were quite skeptical. Nevertheless, the story is amazing and to me, it was quite real.

Many interviews or documents about it have been removed from the internet. The officials, police officers, guards, journalists, all told the truth and they believe what they saw. It last three hours...

Here is the archive from CBC:

"An aerial phenomenon over Montreal

Broadcast Date: Nov. 7, 1994
    On Nov. 7, 1990, a woman spots something in the sky while swimming in the rooftop pool of her downtown Montreal hotel. She sees a round, metallic object projecting a series of brilliant light beams. Her sighting sets off a chain reaction. She tells the lifeguard who calls the hotel security guard, who contacts the police and a journalist from La Presse newspaper. The RCMP, the military and even NASA are called in.

The aerial phenomenon lasts almost three hours from 7:20 p.m. to 10:10 p.m. The incident sparks sensation due to the excellent documentation and the large number of very reliable witnesses. Some theorize it is nothing more than the result of northern lights, dismissing the possibility of a UFO sighting. The event catches the attention of Bernard Guénette, a UFO researcher in Montreal.

In 1992, Guénette and Dr. Richard Haines, a former NASA scientist, publish a 25-page report on the sighting. The report concludes that the "evidence for the existence of a highly unusual, hovering, silent large object is indisputable." It suggests some sort of huge physical object, about 540 metres wide, caused the lights but fails to identify its origin.
    "

Here is a video document still available.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...1942428466824#

Unfortunately, it seems there is not much pictures or video of the sighting or maybe there is a need to investigate more.

Namaste, Steven
    Last edited by Steven; 9th July 2010 at 18:22.

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,831 times in 304 posts

Default Re: In november 1990, Montreal, Canada, UFO sigthing

Hi Steven, I remember that sighting. There were so many witnesses... yet they ( the officials ) quickly
    dismissed it and tried very hard to cover it up!
    Peace
    caren

+ Reply to Thread