Thread: A Call to Look Deeply into Our Collective Perception

1. Link to Post #21
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,004 times in 2,540 posts

Default Re: A Call to Look Deeply into Our Collective Perception

58 and Fixed,

Belief bias
    – "an effect where someone's evaluation of the logical strength of an argument is biased by the believability of the conclusion."

Excellent quote 58, this is one that I'm taking home with me. The balance of being open minded and yet intelligently taking into account all aspects... the truth lies usually in a place that has a touch of grey and encompasses pieces of each side of the story. My husband and I are doing an experiment right now where we watch the beginning of a vid, in this case Dark Skies the series, and we stop it and take a guess as to where the plot is going. We've found that nine times out of ten there is no straight answer. Our guesses are usually wrong, however our bias is so strong that we reason with each other to try to convince the other that at the end, one of us is totally right... this adds to NOTHING. It's been a hilarious yet revealing experiment. The end conclusion that is where the plot really goes usually contains some aspect of both schools of thought. It has taught us to become better communicators, more open to ideas, and yet at the same time more informed.
    From the Heart,
    Wormhole

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kristin For This Post:

58andfixed (14th January 2012), Alekahn (25th March 2012), Kristo (14th January 2012)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,363 times in 432 posts

Thank you WormHole:

Once made aware of these types of perspectives, my ears & mind pick it up from people's own unconscious talk.

"Yeah, that makes sense to me. *I like* that!. I could *believe* that." etc...

I found that my mind could be exposed to much more if I committed to something [such as seeking the truth, wanting to understand why people don't want to understand] and then pursuing the commitments to wherever that path leads to.

Pre-selecting what I *think* I like and what I *think* I don't like sets me up to believing false ideas that aren't even mine.

Check out this very interesting clip of a Derren Brown demonstration of how he uses NLP to plant an idea.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=1Dt-fdqrd3Q

7m 15s 19,757 views

I may get duped for a short while, however I am becoming better at discerning deception and understand this is a very difficult process.

Let's be easy on ourselves as we permit ourselves to awaken. It requires great courage and deep honesty.

Quote Posted by Wormhole (here)
    58 and Fixed,

Belief bias
    – "an effect where someone's evaluation of the logical strength of an argument is biased by the believability of the conclusion."

Excellent quote 58, this is one that I'm taking home with me.

The balance of being open minded and yet intelligently taking into account all aspects... the truth lies usually in a place that has a touch of grey and encompasses pieces of each side of the story.

My husband and I are doing an experiment right now where we watch the beginning of a vid, in this case Dark Skies the series, and we stop it and take a guess as to where the plot is going.

We've found that nine times out of ten there is no straight answer. Our guesses are usually wrong, however our bias is so strong that we reason with each other to try to convince the other that at the end, one of us is totally right... this adds to NOTHING.

It's been a hilarious yet revealing experiment. The end conclusion that is where the plot really goes usually contains some aspect of both schools of thought. It has taught us to become better communicators, more open to ideas, and yet at the same time more informed.
    From the Heart,
    Wormhole

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 58andfixed For This Post:

9eagle9 (14th January 2012), Alekahn (25th March 2012), Kristin (14th January 2012), Kristo (14th January 2012)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,933 times in 348 posts

Thank you Wormhole, very good video.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rollo For This Post:

Kristin (14th January 2012)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,933 times in 348 posts

Thank you Wormhole, very good video.

8. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

Beautifully put.

Quote Posted by Wormhole (here)
    I'm encouraged to have found something that really speaks to all of us. I've gone through many different formats of thought as I've been searching for that one truth. I've tried on many flavours and hats, read from many religions... etc. You get the picture. GUILTY! We've all been there. I stopped looking and realized that "I" was the common denominator. So what was my problem? Nothing seemed to fit... why? Because nothing encompassed the truth of my surroundings. I stopped posting on Avalon for a long time as I could not fully back anything except my own autonomy.

In the meanwhile... the entire world was crumbling and I felt hopeless. Yes, I had initiated changes, yes I had advocated, protested, created... but my heart and mind were not working together with the truth. I look back now and notice that the most effective changes I was able to make encompassed the acknowledgement of the reality that I was observing around me, that I was a part of and participating in with or without my focus... as non focus is also action in inaction. I've been pondering these things that the video pointed out for a while but had not found any place that had said so many of the things that were in my mind and my heart so succinctly. What a great gift that vid was!

It is clear to see how we can be lulled back to sleep through well intended but unrealistic schools of thought. Even Avalon itself can be used as a way to sing a lullaby. There is very little truth being told out there. This is dangerous. We are about to completely become slaves (and in most ways we already are) in a world run by psychopaths. That's no joke! Time to get off our butts and start shaking the pyramid!

From the Heart,
    Wormhole

9. Link to Post #26
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Once I watched one of my professors hypnotize a student volunteer...he placed a post-hypnotic suggestion and after he brought her out she reacted to suggestion. The only really interesting (humorous) part of the demonstration was when the volunteer was visibly affected by her action to the suggestion. She didn't know why she did it and then started laughing.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alienHunter For This Post:

58andfixed (16th January 2012), Kristin (14th January 2012)

11. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

Where it's put at doesn't really matter. A new forum page called Spiritureality? (lol)

Seriously I think we can make this one of the most important threads in this forum. One of those thousand pagers. And that is not an impossbility. That video more fully integrates concepts that we often times are only expressed in bits and comments.

Thank you Wormhole for posting, and I for one will commit to puttting some energy into this thread daily to make it important, because this really the most important matter in the world at large these days.

Instead of rolling eyes and attempting to demonstrate to the luv & lite junkies what they are actually doing to themselves, efforts may better be expended in supporting the truth.

I hope that others commit to this as well. Granted there is not much room for debate here, which demonstrates that the truth really can't be argued with. When people understand these concepts there's no conflict so there doesn't seem to be much to comment on.

However the means to achieve what the video lays out has plenty of fodder to chew over. Awareness through the confrontation of wounds.

Thanks again Wormhole.

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Quote Posted by Snowbird (here)
    Wormhole, this should really be out on General so that more people see it.
    Perhaps because I am more of the temperament to correctly file things under the right heading than I am to seek to win a popularity contest ... I'd recommend leaving this thread in Spirituality.

12. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Member Sebastion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,066 times in 640 posts

This video is one of the finest presentations I have ever been honored to watch! Methinks I'll be reviewing it many times and taking copious notes as well! Thank you Wormhole for posting it!

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sebastion For This Post:

58andfixed (16th January 2012), 9eagle9 (14th January 2012), Alekahn (25th March 2012), Kristin (14th January 2012)

14. Link to Post #29
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,004 times in 2,540 posts

58 - "Thank you WormHole:

Once made aware of these types of perspectives, my ears & mind pick it up from people's own unconscious talk.

"Yeah, that makes sense to me. *I like* that!. I could *believe* that." etc... "

This was excellent 58, really well presented and well stated! This is exactly the type of program that is being used. WOW. With this being what we are up against it's amazing to see how easy it is to be duped. We need to be more then vigilant. This is an entire new format and way of thinking, discernment takes practice. Everyday. I've found that having a media blackout and grounding experience in the NOW and paying attention to the reality of one's environment can be very helpful. It clears out all the chatter. Then when I see a commercial it looks like gibberish to me. Well, it is gibberish. We need to create a guide for discernment. A way of focusing that will create a place of balance for observation. Great post, keep them coming.
    From the Heart,
    Wormhole

9eagle9,
    I agree that this is an important thread and video. It's the thread that seems to go away and then back it comes. Thank you for putting your effort into keeping it alive. We need to deconstruct in order to face reality as it is... with all of it's shades of black, grey and white combined.
    Regards,
    Wormhole
    Last edited by Kristin; 14th January 2012 at 17:13.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kristin For This Post:

58andfixed (16th January 2012), Alekahn (25th March 2012)

16. Link to Post #30
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,603 times in 20,701 posts

This is a wonderful blending of spirituality, political reality, conspiracy theory and so much more.
    Thanks Wormhole!
    It explains why people on strong spiritual paths take what seems to many observers to be a "nose dive" into Conspiracy Theory.
    Something I've had trouble explaining to myself sometimes for the past decade, for where I landed after taking my own nose dive in 2001 is certainly not a comfortable place to be, necessitating an entire re-evaluation of everything I once believed to be true, and facing some horrendous fears.
    For enlightening many old friends who have never understood my change in direction, this will be a useful tool.
    Last edited by onawah; 15th January 2012 at 08:26.

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

58andfixed (16th January 2012), 9eagle9 (14th January 2012), Alekahn (25th March 2012), aranuk (14th January 2012), Kristin (15th January 2012), Kristo (14th January 2012), Unified Serenity (14th January 2012)

18. Link to Post #31
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,350 times in 2,555 posts

I really like this youtube guys work. Here is a quote I lifted from the following video, I pulled up the authors work about spiritual predators:
    “The goal of any esoteric work must be that of objectivity, first in our understanding of ourselves, and then, as our filters and programs are dislodged, of the world. A true esoteric teaching will, therefore, not only focus on “Know Thyself”, but will also provide knowledge about the reality of our reality. If one or the other of these aspects are missing from a teaching, then you can be certain that it is incomplete, and an incomplete teaching, even if through ignorance of the teacher, even if unconscious, is dangerous.”- Henry See, from “Spiritual Predator: Prem Rawat AKA Maharaji

http://veilofreality.wordpress.com/2.../know-thyself/

19. Link to Post #32
    England Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hi,

Will definitly watch, sounds good/interesting. 'You have to be cruel to be kind-sometimes' i never used to understand that when my parents used to say this, however i realised this when you put an animal out of its misery, or euthanasia, or well anything else you can think of which you first perceive as cruel, but then realise acutally the end result is kindness x

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nf857 For This Post:

58andfixed (16th January 2012), Kristin (15th January 2012)

21. Link to Post #33
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,374 times in 1,941 posts

Who was the young dark haired lady addressing the hippy festival. She was talking a lotta sense.
    Excelent video Worm woman!

Stan
    If you don't follow your spirit without hesitation, you end up following your hesitation without spirit.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to aranuk For This Post:

58andfixed (16th January 2012)

23. Link to Post #34
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,374 times in 1,941 posts

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    This is a wonderful blending of spirituality, political reality, conspiracy theory and so much more.
    Thanks Wormhole!
    It explains why people on strong spiritual paths take what seems to many observers to be a "nose dive" into Conspiracy Theory.
    Something I've had trouble explaining to myself sometimes for the past few decade, for where I landed after taking my own nose dive in 2001 is certainly not a comfortable place to be, necessitating an entire re-evaluation of everything I once believed to be true, and facing some horrendous fear.
    For enlightening many old friends who have never understood my change in direction, this will be a useful tool.
    Thanks Onawah my sentiments as well. What you describe for you it was the same for me a year ago. I took a nose dive as you call it too. However I am glad to say that I am swimming to the surface now. With the help of Avalon of course!

Stan
    If you don't follow your spirit without hesitation, you end up following your hesitation without spirit.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aranuk For This Post:

58andfixed (16th January 2012), onawah (15th January 2012)

25. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

There is a method of controlling a group dynamic and changing where a group is going called the Delphi Method. Now, it's most often used in actual groups where there is a facilitator who can physically watch and gather data on a group. But, with a little tweaking we can see how it can be used on forums and groups online who are working together towards a particular goal. They tend to already have things in common and if you have a goal that works well within this groups psyche then you can start to influence the population. Here is part of how Delphi works. I will quote the way the system works. The other aspects of how to fight the method is listed at the site I will put at the bottom.

Quote The Delphi Technique: How To Achieve A Workable Consensus Within Time Limits

- by Lynn Stuter
    The Delphi Technique was originally conceived as a way to obtain the opinion of experts without necessarily bringing them together face to face. In Educating for the New World Order by Bev Eakman, the reader finds reference upon reference for the need to preserve the illusion that there is "Lay, or community, participation in the decision­making process), while in fact lay citizens are being squeezed out."
    A specialized use of this technique was developed for teachers, the "Alinsky Method" (ibid., p. 123). The setting or group is, however, immaterial the point is that people in groups tend to share a certain knowledge base and display certain identifiable characteristics (known as group dynamics). This allows for a special application of a basic technique. The "change agent" or "facilitator" goes through the motions of acting as an organizer, getting each person in the target group to elicit expression of their concerns about a program, project, or policy in question. The facilitator listens attentively, forms "task forces," "urges everyone to make lists," and so on. While she is doing this, the facilitator learns something about each member of the target group. He/she identifies the "leaders," the "loud mouths," as well as those who frequently turn sides during the argument ­ the "weak or non­committal."

Suddenly, the amiable facilitator becomes "devil's advocate." He/she dons his professional agitator hat. Using the "divide and conquer" technique, he/she manipulates one group opinion against the other. This is accomplished by manipulating those who are out of step to appear "ridiculous, unknowledgeable, inarticulate, or dogmatic." He/she wants certain members of the group to become angry, thereby forcing tensions to accelerate. The facilitator is well trained in psychological manipulation. S/He is able to predict the reactions of each group member. Individuals in opposition to the policy or program will be shut out of the group.

The method works. It is very effective with parents, teachers, school children, and any community group. The "targets" rarely, if ever, know that they are being manipulated. If they do suspect this is happening, they do not know how to end the process. The desired result is for group polarization, and for the facilitator to become accepted as a member of the group and group process. He/she will then throw the desired idea on the table and ask for opinions during discussion. Very soon his/her associates from the divided group begin to adopt the idea as if it were their own, and pressure the entire group to accept the proposition. (Remember Problem, crisis, solution)

This technique is a very unethical method of achieving consensus on a controversial topic in group settings. It requires well­trained professionals who deliberately escalate tension among group members, pitting one faction against the other, so as to make one viewpoint appear ridiculous so the other becomes "sensible" whether such is warranted or not.
    http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/New..._Technique.htm

26. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

I, at first, thought she was Marianne Williamson, I couldn't get a good look because of the camera angle and the quality of my speakers is such that I wasn't sure. Perhaps the reason I thought that, is she mentioned "A Course in Miracles's. Regardless of what one thnks of the philosophy the work practices in the the course bust up and sometimes painfully evaporate the 'lulling' mechanisms in the mind. it was what she said about the female divine principal and I've seen many women here in this forum express it.... divine feminine as fierce. Not a great many but enough. Direct, with their reclaimed authority.

Re emphasizing that it's not dancing around in a filmy gown like a douche advertisment but the divine feminine as being fierce.

Not cruel or evil but the way a mother bear is fierce in her task.

Quote Posted by aranuk (here)
    Who was the young dark haired lady addressing the hippy festival. She was talking a lotta sense.
    Excelent video Worm woman!

Stan

27. Link to Post #37
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

Quote Posted by Unified Serenity (here)
    There is a method of controlling a group dynamic and changing where a group is going called the Delphi Method. Now, it's most often used in actual groups where there is a facilitator who can physically watch and gather data on a group. But, with a little tweaking we can see how it can be used on forums and groups online who are working together towards a particular goal. They tend to already have things in common and if you have a goal that works well within this groups psyche then you can start to influence the population. Here is part of how Delphi works. I will quote the way the system works. The other aspects of how to fight the method is listed at the site I will put at the bottom.

Quote The Delphi Technique: How To Achieve A Workable Consensus Within Time Limits

- by Lynn Stuter
    The Delphi Technique was originally conceived as a way to obtain the opinion of experts without necessarily bringing them together face to face. In Educating for the New World Order by Bev Eakman, the reader finds reference upon reference for the need to preserve the illusion that there is "Lay, or community, participation in the decision­making process), while in fact lay citizens are being squeezed out."
    A specialized use of this technique was developed for teachers, the "Alinsky Method" (ibid., p. 123). The setting or group is, however, immaterial the point is that people in groups tend to share a certain knowledge base and display certain identifiable characteristics (known as group dynamics). This allows for a special application of a basic technique. The "change agent" or "facilitator" goes through the motions of acting as an organizer, getting each person in the target group to elicit expression of their concerns about a program, project, or policy in question. The facilitator listens attentively, forms "task forces," "urges everyone to make lists," and so on. While she is doing this, the facilitator learns something about each member of the target group. He/she identifies the "leaders," the "loud mouths," as well as those who frequently turn sides during the argument ­ the "weak or non­committal."

Suddenly, the amiable facilitator becomes "devil's advocate." He/she dons his professional agitator hat. Using the "divide and conquer" technique, he/she manipulates one group opinion against the other. This is accomplished by manipulating those who are out of step to appear "ridiculous, unknowledgeable, inarticulate, or dogmatic." He/she wants certain members of the group to become angry, thereby forcing tensions to accelerate. The facilitator is well trained in psychological manipulation. S/He is able to predict the reactions of each group member. Individuals in opposition to the policy or program will be shut out of the group.

The method works. It is very effective with parents, teachers, school children, and any community group. The "targets" rarely, if ever, know that they are being manipulated. If they do suspect this is happening, they do not know how to end the process. The desired result is for group polarization, and for the facilitator to become accepted as a member of the group and group process. He/she will then throw the desired idea on the table and ask for opinions during discussion. Very soon his/her associates from the divided group begin to adopt the idea as if it were their own, and pressure the entire group to accept the proposition. (Remember Problem, crisis, solution)

This technique is a very unethical method of achieving consensus on a controversial topic in group settings. It requires well­trained professionals who deliberately escalate tension among group members, pitting one faction against the other, so as to make one viewpoint appear ridiculous so the other becomes "sensible" whether such is warranted or not.
    http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/New..._Technique.htm
    Back when "Charles" was here and Inelia was just getting known, she (Inelia) had a group that followed her. She posted the same material to demonstrate to her followers that I was using this technique. She called me a 'handler'. This was my personal red flag about her 'psychicness'. We all have bad days and maybe she had a bad few months around me. This material has validity, but it brings back whisper and smear campaigns to my mind. She was sure she was right and she was so very wrong.

I am heading out for some chores. At some point I may fish out the links to those posts.

28. Link to Post #38
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

-I've removed this post-
    Last edited by Paa; 11th June 2013 at 23:13.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Paa For This Post:

58andfixed (16th January 2012)

30. Link to Post #39
    Thanks

Hey Modwiz,

Techniques can be used for good or ill. Just like how NLP was developed. I think we can all see how it can be abused or used to help others overcome problems they face. I'd appreciate any links you wish to share. I think my issue is in recognizing when it is being used to manipulate more than to reveal.

Thanks,

Serenity

31. Link to Post #40
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

Quote Posted by Unified Serenity (here)
    Hey Modwiz,

Techniques can be used for good or ill. Just like how NLP was developed. I think we can all see how it can be abused or used to help others overcome problems they face. I'd appreciate any links you wish to share. I think my issue is in recognizing when it is being used to manipulate more than to reveal.

Thanks,

Serenity
    The links I was referring to were the ones here where she had a little out of the way thread where my character assassination took place.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 6 LastLast