1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks

Default Re: Possible original photo of the Roswell craft

here's my contribution.

image order/description:

1 original side by side comparison

2 detailed side by side comparison

3 detailed side by side comparison highlighted

and as previously mentioned, we know that these images were undoubtedly shot at slightly different angles and sunlight direction.
    with that said, as I was fading up and down the archival image over the modern site image, several geological contour matches emerged.
    as static images, the effect is not as convincing or killer. if this 'fading up or over' was animated on video,
    these match ups would really pop and be convincing.

does this help?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Roswell_site_com&#38.jpg
Views:	605
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	1274   Click image for larger version

Name:	Roswell_site_sid&#1.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	1275   Click image for larger version

Name:	Roswell_site_sid&#1.jpg
Views:	717
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	1286  
    Last edited by jimmer; 16th July 2010 at 19:22.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmer For This Post:

eileenrose (10th July 2012)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks

here's a animated .gif that graphically reveals the thee points of geological matches.
    take a look at each circled area morph.
    these are recognizable matches, even with the lighting differences.

try as I may, I am unable to attach the .gif.
    it works well in my browser window, but loads here as a single frame.
    I got it down to a 172 k file size. lower than that and it doesn't read.
    any thoughts? I emailed the webmaster, so we'll see what goes.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by jimmer; 11th July 2010 at 00:28.

4. Link to Post #43
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,589 times in 355 posts

Very Interesting Bill thank you. I think it is certainly proved that it is the same place, I was reading all the posts from page one, wondering if anyone was going to notice the crew waiting there to be rescued. Well it certainly looks like that to me. I have never had the slightest doubt that the Roswell Incident was real, you need to have at least half a brain to be an Airforce officer, and if an Airforce officer reports they have a crashed UFO, then that's what they have got, everything said after that was just so obviously a cover up, Maybe, just Maybe they may have got away with it if they had always stuck to the weather balloon story, even if it did make a complete arse of their officer. but to then later change their story is just a farce.
    The film, yes the first thing that I thought was that is was the female alien in one of the autopsy films, so either they are genuine or both fake. I spent considerable time looking at the uniforms and surroundings that you can make out and it looks very genuine to me. Certainly the MP's uniform is correct for the period, there is a guy there in the typical American bomber crews leather jacket and a GI in the uniform of the day.
    Actually this is quite exciting, you may have hit on something with those pictures.
    No one seems to have picked up where you said that the photo was on his site listed as an escape craft, so the inference then is that they abandoned a much bigger ship.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Daft Ada For This Post:

6. Link to Post #44
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,874 times in 800 posts

some good points from comments on youtube;

"There are parts in this footage where faces of the generals are visible. If they can be identified as generals from 1947, it will prove the authenticity of this film."

------------

"A movie camera was unusual in1947, people would have moved out of the photographer's way if he was official. If he was not official, handheld 1947 movie cameras were rather bulky, and would have been noticed.

For these reasons, I believe this footage was scripted."

--------------

"Heads up people.This footage is taken from the end of the british movie "alien autopsy".The story of ray santilli and his confession that the infamous roswell autospy footage was faked by him and his friends.Given the fact that the movie not only admits that he faked the footage,but that this film was supposedly the restored footage of the roswell aftermath.Watch the film and this pops up in the last few scenes,he then gets rid of the footage by burying it.given that i doubt it is authentic "

7. Link to Post #45
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,639 times in 496 posts

Thumbs up Re: Possible original photo of the Roswell craft

Quote Posted by EYES WIDE OPEN (here)
    some good points from comments on youtube;

"There are parts in this footage where faces of the generals are visible. If they can be identified as generals from 1947, it will prove the authenticity of this film."

"A movie camera was unusual in1947, people would have moved out of the photographer's way if he was official. If he was not official, handheld 1947 movie cameras were rather bulky, and would have been noticed.
    For these reasons, I believe this footage was scripted."

"Heads up people.This footage is taken from the end of the british movie "alien autopsy".The story of ray santilli and his confession that the infamous roswell autospy footage was faked by him and his friends.Given the fact that the movie not only admits that he faked the footage,but that this film was supposedly the restored footage of the roswell aftermath.Watch the film and this pops up in the last few scenes,he then gets rid of the footage by burying it.given that i doubt it is authentic "
    - There is also visible, clear images of the "doctor" in the footage. Looks a bit like the cast from
    "Plan 9 from outer space", espescially when bent over the "ET". Maybe he could be identified,
    as a doctor or an actor, or maybe he is a scientist. There is a mix of authority on the "scene".
    Is it all airforce personell ? There are MPs and regular police and officers of different ranks.

Some high, big buildings and structures seems to be present in the background on some frames.
    That mean it could be posible to link the filmed body retrieval to Roswell, or to rule it out.

- The original footage is probably recorded on a handheld 16mm filmcamera, they were increasingly
    used by the army under the 2.world war, and the 16mm filmformat was a leading standard
    on the consumer-marked from the mid 1920's. These cameras were not uncommon, and
    there are many models from the time of this recording (1947?) that are small and handy in use.
    - Some of them are very elegant also:

Name:  B&H filmo cam 16m&#10.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  27.8 KB -'- Name:  B&H filmo 70 delu&#.jpg
Views: 1695
Size:  17.6 KB

-These models was popular with both sivilians and military and war-correspondents,
    solid, light and easy, and fully mechanic (runs on wind-up, clock-mechanism):

Name:  B&H70dr..jpg
Views: 1538
Size:  13.0 KB -'- Name:  EastmanKodak 16mm&#.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  57.5 KB

- Advertising from 1929 for Bell & Howells Filmo-70, 16mm camera:

Name:  29bellhowellfilm&#1.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  57.2 KB
    ( - click on any image to enlarge - )
    - And here a link to a video about the same camera. B&H Filmo 70, a newer model, but quite
    similar to a 1947 model. Gives a good understanding of the look, proportions and tech-function:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=1qmfv...eature=related

This is a good candidate for the actual cameramodel used in recording the Body-retrieval, Roswell film.
    - Any info on how to get the mentioned film "Alien Autopsy", about the Santilli story, or good quality
    visual (moving/still) material on the Roswell Incident, also the ET-body arrival film, is highly appreciated.

Last edited by noxon medem; 16th July 2010 at 23:25. Reason: a lot of them

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noxon medem For This Post:

Bluewool (19th May 2016), Turcurulin (9th July 2012)

9. Link to Post #46
    Poland Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 times in 244 posts

Very interesting data, noxon medem! This is camera often associated with Roswell incident
    Some obvious things:
    - camera is quite loud when working , I cannot see how one use it "clandestine"
    - It has very advanced options , like changing film speed, definitely not stone age by any means
    - it was expensive (it's cited to be 3-4 thousand '50 dollars , so about 27 000 - 36 440 today dollars .. you go figure, and do not forget to thank FED )
    - technology is used and refined from late 20's
    - there was colour 16 mm film available for war reporters, and they were actually encouraged to use it for such events (definitely Army regulations ORDERED to use colour film during autopsies for example; funny thing is markings on casings Santilli provided were for colour movie too as far as I know )
    Again, great info, thanks!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Luke For This Post:

Turcurulin (9th July 2012)

11. Link to Post #47
    Thanks

Ok, following is bit off-topic ..
    Doing another search spree (something like long expousure photos->AC-47 gunship->USspec ops "weird" weapons-> Daisy Cutter -> B-36 -> YB-35) I found quite weird design from 1947 .. YB-49 jet propelled flying wing. It's just another example how "out of the box" to what we consider "normal" was late 40's technology .. B-2 we know is 42 years in the future.
    Just another example to show how big technological jump was performed in years around Roswell incident. And there is still question of anomalously advanced German technology. (which ties to long-awaited interview )
    Last edited by Luke; 13th July 2010 at 14:47.

12. Link to Post #48
    Thanks

Quote Posted by SaiCO (here)
    Very interesting data, noxon medem! This is camera often associated with Roswell incident
    Some obvious things:
    - camera is quite loud when working , I cannot see how one use it "clandestine"
    - It has very advanced options , like changing film speed, definitely not stone age by any means
    - it was expensive (it's cited to be 3-4 thousand '50 dollars , so about 27 000 - 36 440 today dollars .. you go figure, and do not forget to thank FED )
    - technology is used and refined from late 20's
    - there was colour 16 mm film available for war reporters, and they were actually encouraged to use it for such events (definitely Army regulations ORDERED to use colour film during autopsies for example; funny thing is markings on casings Santilli provided were for colour movie too as far as I know )
    Again, great info, thanks!
    - I do not think that the ET retrieval movie could have been filmed "clandestine". The exact circumstances
    of the filming ( who, how, why, when, where ) is obscure, but nothing points to a "hidden camera" scenario.
    For example there is a MilitaryPolice in the film coming directly towards camera, looking at photographer.

- The price of the camera must have been around 300 dollars in 1947.
    In the ad for Filmo 70 from 1929, included in last post, it is listed to 245 $,
    and in this B&H advertising from 1950, the price of Filmo 70 is 307 dollar:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1950 ad for a Bel&#108.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	1324
    ( click to enlarge )

- Colour film could have been used in the original footage. It has been thru many generations
    of copying, and transfering from film to video, and then digitalized to a datafile.
    The colour might have been removed along the line somewhere, and adjustments could have
    been made, and manipulations, including adding noise and effects like overexposure..

We have to keep in mind though, it was a day of strong sunshine (and lamps ?), and that could
    explain much of the possible original overexposure. Maybe this did happen suddenly, and somone
    took a camera and filmed the ET retrieval, without proper settings (from lack of knowledge/time ?)
    Last edited by noxon medem; 16th July 2010 at 23:29.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to noxon medem For This Post:

Turcurulin (9th July 2012)

14. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

Quote Posted by noxon medem (here)
    and in this B&H advertising from 1950, the price of Filmo 70 is 307 dollar:
    Its DA model, guys from video you posted talk DR I think, but they mention it to be "top shelf" .. 307$ = ~2800 current dollars, not exactly pocketchange too
    Agreed about all else.
    Thank you again

15. Link to Post #50
    Thanks

Quote Posted by SaiCO (here)
    Its DA model, guys from video you posted talk DR I think, but they mention it to be "top shelf" ..
    307$ = ~2800 current dollars, not exactly pocketchange too..
    Agree on that. 307 $ was a lot of money, considering average yearly income in 1950 was
    2570 $ for men, and 953 $ for women. ( All reported income for anyone over 15 years age )
    - Of course these cameras were for the privileged classes, for the media, and institutions and
    companys that needed that quality and could afford it. And the model was a "media-standard".
    ( But there were many cheaper 8mm and 16mm cameras around, and had been for decades )

Name:	8mm, Bell_Howell_&.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	1364
    B&H 8mm Filmo. ( 8 and 16mm, millimeter, refers to how wide the physical film (frame) is.)
    The cinema-standard has been 35mm for a long, long time.
    Household filmcameras (mostly 8mm) were normal in the 60s and 70s, before video.
    The B&H Filmo 70 was supplied in big numbers to the army during 2. world war, and they had
    a strategy of using them for documenting battles and making instructionfilms ( & propaganda.)
    Name:  cameramen 2.world.jpg
Views: 1785
Size:  21.1 KB

- In saying that these cameras were "not uncommon" in 1947, I ment, it was a well established
    concept in the civilian culture, and even more in the military, and someone walking around with
    a camera would not raise any eyebrows, unless they poked their lense in were it didn't belong.
    I see no sign of that in this ET retrieval film from Roswell, actually they don't take much notice
    of the camera at all, and not much effort is put into giving it room, or exhibiting the ET on film.

Bell & Howell used their cooporation with the army (- that went beyond simple film-equipment..)
    and U.S. national patriotism in Second World War, for promotional purposes towards the public.
    Here are two more of their advertisements, these from the war-period (1942 - 43):

Name:	B&H Filmo Navy 194.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	1361 -'- Click image for larger version

Name:	B&H Filmo Army 19&#52.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	1362
    ( click on any image to enlarge)
    Notice the little "mascot" in bottom right corner. Think it is our camera-man from Roswell ?
    And the slogan is great: WHAT YOU SEE - YOU GET. ( yeah, right. Not precisely in this case ...)

There is a rather clear image of the photographers shadow in some frames in the Retrieval film,
    detailed enough to suggest the use of a small camera, with typical round lense-bracket in front.
    Like this one:
    Name:  the RoRet camera &#.jpg
Views: 1435
Size:  3.2 KB ...
    B&H Filmo Auto Master.
    Could be the retrievalfilm model, possibly used by a left-eyed (& handed ?) photographer.

OK, Enough of the camera. It is not critical to the investigation, but interesting (fun) to research.
    And a bit of a relief to deal with some simple facts and proven information in this mess of speculation.

For more on the Bell&Howell Filmo 70, a real classic produced from 1923 and for over 50 years:
    http://www.tfgtransfer.com/filmo.htm
    And here is where I found some of the interesting, and quite nice, advertisements for cameras:
    http://www.vintageadbrowser.com/photography-ads-1940s/2

:-)
    Last edited by noxon medem; 16th July 2010 at 23:32.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noxon medem For This Post:

Bluewool (19th May 2016), Turcurulin (9th July 2012)

17. Link to Post #51
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

I think that the single most important thing in this discovery is the old photograph showing th e "disc".

We need to somehow get a date and a name. Not the easiest thing int he world to find i know, but at this stage without them the image is largely inadmissable.

Having said that, comparing it to other shots of the time and what not, it seems prettu genuine. My personal belief is that Bill's stumbled onto something, and i believe this to be genuine. Now we just need to prove it with fact.

As for the video footage, i think a solid factor has been missed. If you were the nominated cameraman that day, and had been told you were to record the arrival of air crash victims you'd be pretty nervous about the state. Now imagine that the "victims" turned out to be alien in origin! The camera work is shoddy to say the least, but for someone of that time to deal with what was going on, plus film it, i'd expect it to be poor. If it was good camera work, i'd be worried.

18. Link to Post #52
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Zepheriah (here)
    As for the video footage, i think a solid factor has been missed. If you were the nominated cameraman that day, and had been told you were to record the arrival of air crash victims you'd be pretty nervous about the state. Now imagine that the "victims" turned out to be alien in origin! The camera work is shoddy to say the least, but for someone of that time to deal with what was going on, plus film it, i'd expect it to be poor. If it was good camera work, i'd be worried.
    There was no "nominated" cameramen. They were professional war reporters, with often many hours in planes during bomb raids in WWII. Every bomb wing had them. They used professional and expensive equipment. They had professional standards too, and they always worked in pairs, "still photographer" and "motion photographer", to ensure range of material for further analysis.
    I would add that at the time of the incident 509th bombardment wing was THE only one trained for use nuclear weapons, and as such considered elite unit. It was base, upon which future Strategic Air Command will be built.
    Those were not your iphone-dodging-overhyped-hipsters.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Luke For This Post:

20. Link to Post #53
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,565 times in 32,726 posts

Quote Posted by Zepheriah (here)
    I think that the single most important thing in this discovery is the old photograph showing th e "disc".

We need to somehow get a date and a name. Not the easiest thing in the world to find i know, but at this stage without them the image is largely inadmissable.

Having said that, comparing it to other shots of the time and what not, it seems pretty genuine. My personal belief is that Bill's stumbled onto something, and i believe this to be genuine. Now we just need to prove it with fact.

Right. The new discovery is the Roswell crash photo. I'm 100% certain this is the same location.

I'm waiting to hear from Jerry Pippin where he got the photo from. It was on his Roswell page.... when he went there to do some interviews a couple of years back.

I'm wondering if he was given it by someone he met there. But this is a pure guess. I know Jerry, and will certainly hear from him about this.

The movie was a curiosity, and is entirely unconnected. It's been in the public domain before.

For me, the Roswell disk image may be a real diamond in the mud. I don't think Jerry (who is legally blind - something many people don't know until they meet him) knew what he had. He's partially sighted, but remains stoically cheerful about it. He's a very good man.

He doesn't do his own web work either, and I doubt he has the eyesight to closely analyze the background of a photo on his own. I myself had had this photo for two years (downloaded and archived) but I never really paid attention to it until I stumbled across EXACTLY the right modern image of the known crash site to compare it to. That nailed it for me... I was astonished.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 16th July 2010 at 12:50.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

eileenrose (10th July 2012), Turcurulin (9th July 2012)

22. Link to Post #54
    Thanks

---------------

Update: I just heard from Jerry Pippin and also from Larry Dicken, who was working closely with him at that time.

Jerry wrote "Good find on the photo comparison", and said it was Larry who had found the photo. Meanwhile, Larry sent a detailed response:

Quote Bill,

Nice to hear from you!

This photo is a mystery, it looks like it may be real, and the source would have been the Army Air force photographer assigned to the crash site(s) investigation. I may have lifted it from a site in 2007 that no longer exists. I checked the book, Witness to Roswell, by Don Schmitt and Tom Carey, as they have a lot of photos and I might have scanned one, but did not find it. Only other source might be Guy Malone, in Roswell, who had a site that year on which the other photo on the page showing the site as it looked in 2007. That was Guy’s copyrighted photo, that I got permission to use it.

The photo in question has no attribution on Jerry’s site page, and I can not find any other copy on the internet via Google search. The reason I used the image was that one of the discussion points in the interview on that page was the “escape pod” crash. The complete craft essentially blew up before the pod crashed with two occupants on board. The crash site was on the Hub Corn Ranch. See the map at the top of the page.

I would check with the three people I mentioned and see what they know about the photo, if anything. Also, check with Stan Friedman and Dennis Balthaser. If this is a fake, it is well done and has disappeared from the universe except for the copy on Jerry’s site. Notice the sepia color of the image? Sepia prints were very commonly used in the 1940’s. That disappearance is interesting in itself.

My only question when I first saw the image in question was why was it blurred? But the appearance may have been due to precautions taken to not show the people, who could be identified in the photo, other than as blurred images. The placement of the people near and under the craft makes sense in an investigation scene context.

If you need any more help on this, let me know or call me.

Larry
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 17th July 2010 at 00:38.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

eileenrose (10th July 2012), Turcurulin (9th July 2012)

24. Link to Post #55
    Thanks

---------------

Further update: found the source of the photo:

http://aliensthetruth.com/UFO.php?view=1&ID=24

Dear Mr. Mercieca
    [Bill Ryan note: this is John Mercieca from MUFOR, Malta UFO Research]
    I had the unique opportunity to take pictures of this old black & white original in September 1994 after a succession of meetings with an ex-military American gentleman. The American who wishes only to be known as (D.S.) was according to himself in service with the army air force based at Muroc army airforce base, California in 1947. He claims the wreckage of the craft was flown out to three separate American military establishments in the days following the crash. He says these were : Sandia Laboratories, New Mexico; Wright Field, Ohio; and Carswell Army Airforce base, Texas.

He claims he was given the photo in 1952 by a man who he later befriended and was present at the crash site.

When I first took possession of this photograph my initial intention was to prove that the photo was authentic, however, those with whom I have spoken have all reached the same conclusion which is: with the photograph being second generation, and with no original negatives available, it is virtually impossible to either confirm or deny its authenticity. The American outrightly refuses to allow the original to leave his possession in fear of it not being returned. As to whether I believe this photograph is genuine or not, all I can say is that it does appear to show a real event, i.e. real craft, real people, real terrain, etc. I believe the images depicted in the photograph represent an event that is unfolding at the time the photo was taken. During September, 1994, I did actually handle the original and did appear to be years old, just how old I cannot say. However, I only have the American's word that it is actually the Roswell crash, having said that he is 73 years old and seems sincere.

I hope this has been of some assistance. If you have any further queries or opinions concerning the photo, I will be most interested.

(N.R.H.)

There are enough clues here to research this further. If 'D.S.' is still alive, he would be 89 years old. I'll write to John Mercieca to see if it may be possible to correspond with the source (N.R.H.) and ask a few questions.

The site is the Frank Kaufmann crash site, located on a ranch now owned by Hub Corn. Don Schmitt (co-author of WITNESS TO ROSWELL) has stated that he has no confidence in Kaufmann's story. Kevin Randle, who wrote the earlier 1994 book THE TRUTH ABOUT THE UFO CRASH AT ROSWELL with Schmitt , has the same view.

This appears to be because of discrepancies in Kaufmann's accounts. I need to read more about this. Kaufmann himself died in 2001... there are very few original witnesses left now.

It seems that this new photo might resurrect Kaufmann's claims. I'll see what else I can find. All contributions are most welcome from patient and detail-oriented researchers reading this thread - I don't have the two books (mentioned above) here with me, but if anyone does, I'd be more than interested in an analysis.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 17th July 2010 at 11:46.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

ajyana (10th July 2012), Turcurulin (9th July 2012)

26. Link to Post #56
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,831 times in 304 posts

Hi Bill,
    Thanks for the further update regarding finding the source of the photo. Its all been very interesting and I
    want to say a big thank you for all you do, for all of us here at Avalon. So thank you Bill,
    caren

27. Link to Post #57
    Thanks

we all are following this riveting detective story.
    good luck, bill.
    if possible, a new digital scan of the original image would be a real coupe.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmer For This Post:

noxon medem (9th July 2012)

29. Link to Post #58
    Portugal Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,751 times in 1,168 posts

Question : - Is the photo in this video from the original news of the crash ?

http://www.cropcircleconnector.com/2...bury2010a.html

Thank you

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Sorry
    ...it's this one

http://earthstar.tripod.com/TSB_dir/LosAlamos.html

30. The Following User Says Thank You to MariaDine For This Post:

Bluewool (19th May 2016)

31. Link to Post #59
    Thanks

Quote Posted by MariaDine (here)
    Question : - Is the photo in this video from the original news of the crash ?

Thank you

http://earthstar.tripod.com/TSB_dir/LosAlamos.html
    Hi there, Marla - sorry, didn't understand the question!

Are you referring to this photo, obtained under the FOIA?

That was a photo of a different craft in 1947, taken over Phoenix. But yes, it fits the general description of the Roswell craft, and also (to some extent) the nine crescent-shaped craft seen by Kenneth Arnold, the pilot whose verbal description of what he saw first made the term "flying saucer" famous (not because of how they looked, but because of how they flew).

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 17th July 2010 at 20:51.

32. Link to Post #60
    Portugal Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,751 times in 1,168 posts

Hello Mr. Ryan !

Thank you for the «enlightment»........................there are so many ufo sites claiming the original pictures, that sometimes ist's difficult to see the false ones.

http://www.ufocasebook.com/morebestphotos.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 3 8 LastLast