+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast

Thread: How do You Contact Your Higher Self?

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,210 times in 1,149 posts

Default How do You Contact Your Higher Self?

Quote Laura Elina: I was wondering...where I could find information on how to basically... Connect with my higher self, and not just that, but... Lately I have attempted to do so and then some time ago I started wondering, if I am really connecting with my higher self at all, and today I was reading through a thread (DNA started it, the one on entities that like to take some of your energy at times) in which you actually addressed this issue and I thought to myself, "Hmm... Maybe Dawn has some ideas on this".

So, here I am

Now, the reason why I even started wondering, if I truly am connecting with my higher self (I have a way of going about this that I've used, I just... Kind of went with it and tried to use my "wits" on navigating through, but at the same time... I feel I am somewhat aware of not being very good at dodging the "astral bullet", I guess you could call it that, is because I have found myself having more 'insight' on things/concepts that I just didn't have any knowing on before, and I'm sure a lot of people would say that is a good thing, but... This insight I'm getting, how do I know it's not some... Trickster/prankster from another dimension telling me a bedtime story I want to believe in? As in, how do I know whose socket I truly plucked my cord in? Does that make any sense at all? What if it's not "my" socket and "my" energy grid, but... Someone else's, who is happy to throw all kinds of stuff at me.

I was hoping that... Perhaps you have thoughts on this? Or like I said, a thread in which this is discussed from the "truly connecting to your higher self"-point of view?
    Laura sent me this question by PM and I asked her if I could start a thread about this, because I know the topic is a good one, and she agreed. When I am asked something these days, I usually try to speak from what I know, rather than from what I've heard someone else knows. That means I usually speak from my own experience, and if I don’t have any experience I usually point to someone else who might have direct knowledge. So I am going to give a stab at answering her question. However I know that there are many paths, and my answer might not be the one she resonates with so I invite you to share your own knowledge, and also to come up with questions. Sometimes questions can open a whole new way of seeing things that answers cannot. So... here goes.

I hope others will join here in answering this important question.

I’d like to start by telling on myself a bit here. I used to wonder how I would know if I was getting answers from my higher self, vs some mental pattern or entity answering my questions. I would ask a question internally, then wait for an answer. If that didn’t work, I’d ask a yes or no question and, again- wait. Sometimes I’d get answers, and if I acted on them, the results were usually dismal. Then I tried asking a question and muscle testing, that was also not a positive experience.

I finally realized that (for me) my higher self does not answer any of my questions with words. I know I am acting in concert with my higher self by observing what is happening around me. For example, when I am delayed repeatedly while going someplace, and that causes me to arrive just after an auto accident...then I suddenly have a strong urge to work with the earth tectonic plates. Or when I decide I’d love to go the the nearby hot springs, and there I meet someone amazing who needs a volunteer for a project that will work in with devic earth spirits to heal the environment.

I don’t ask questions of my higher self any more, in the conventional sense. If I would like to do something... I just do it. If it doesn't look like I am doing something that turns out well then I try to look at what I am being shown, or what I need to let go of. And when I doubt myself and my connection, I take time to sit down and meditate to clear the doubt (doubt is a form of fear). This being said, here are some techniques you can use to try to create enough inner clarity to experience times of flow and magic in your life.

Meditation: For many years I did not even know about the higher self. However through meditation I became directly connected. So that is the first part of my personal answer; meditation. Yet even though I spent many years with a close connection to what is often referred to as ‘the divine’, I also spent many later years working to clear my body and mind so that this connection could become clear on a permanent basis. What I realized is that I could only experience the subtle information of ‘the divine’, if all my bodies were aligned and free of conflicting energetic patterns.

The Work: Once you come in contact with your true self the real work begins. In order to remain clear enough to consciously perceive this contact, you will need to clear yourself of all the lower frequencies you are harboring, even unconscious ones. If you don’t do this you will not be able to remain in contact with your higher self and will get messages that are not clear. Here are some examples, along with some of the methods I used to get to where I am (and, by the way, I am not completely clear... I have more work to do)

Clearing Memories of Trauma: These need to be cleared and the only way is to face feeling them with great attention and compassion. I had lots of these (the PTB have made sure we all do) and I was terrified to work on them for many years. Trauma creates deep fear and terror, and you must eventually face all of that and let it go. In order to succeed in this you need to be very gentle with yourself. If you go too fast you can trigger the old patterns in such a way that your body is re-traumatized. I used Somatic Experiencing for much of this. There are other methods out there too.

Loose list of things that worked best for me: Meditation, Somatic Experiencing, the Sedona Method, Access Conscious (specifically their BARS sessions), Powerful healers (you will know you have one if they are in the love frequency and if they help you make permanent changes), spending lots of time in nature, sun gazing, theTemplate.org ceremonies, Rolfing sessions, Gyrotonics, Network Chiropractic, Yoga, Harbin Hot Springs retreats, Chi Nei Tsung, cranial sacral sessions, bodywork from someone who is clear, Ayurvedic hot sesame oil treatments and food/spices, lots and lots of silent meditation retreats.

OK... Avalonians, please add your personal knowledge about this topic here.
    Last edited by Dawn; 21st December 2011 at 03:45.

2. The Following 41 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

58andfixed (7th January 2012), Anchor (21st December 2011), another bob (20th December 2011), aranuk (21st December 2011), Calz (20th December 2011), Caren (1st January 2012), Carmen (6th January 2012), Carolin (20th December 2011), christian (23rd December 2011), D-Day (20th December 2011), darren (7th January 2012), Deega (23rd December 2011), DNA (23rd December 2011), dourpil (20th December 2011), eaglespirit (20th December 2011), Elethia (24th December 2011), jagman (24th December 2011), Jenci (20th December 2011), Kindling (7th January 2012), Laura Elina (20th December 2011), Lifebringer (31st December 2011), Limor Wolf (20th December 2011), lisa (14th March 2012), Lisab (20th December 2011), mab777 (20th December 2011), Marianne (20th December 2011), Patrikas (31st December 2011), RedeZra (6th January 2012), ROMANWKT (31st December 2011), sandy (20th December 2011), seko (20th December 2011), Siegfried The 7 (31st December 2011), Snowbird (31st December 2011), sygh (31st December 2011), Tenzin (20th December 2011), THIRDEYE (5th January 2012), Tibouchine (20th December 2011), toothpick (20th December 2011), Ultima Thule (22nd December 2011), Unified Serenity (20th December 2011), Watching from Cyprus (20th December 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    UK Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,971 times in 881 posts

Default Re: How do You Contact Your Higher Self?

Quote Posted by Dawn (here)
    Quote Laura Elina: I was wondering...where I could find information on how to basically... Connect with my higher self, and not just that, but... Lately I have attempted to do so and then some time ago I started wondering, if I am really connecting with my higher self at all,

To Laura,

You don't need to connect to your higher self. You are already That.

Removing what is in the way, which prevents this realisation, is the way here. Lift the veil, so to speak.
    Discarding the false self, will reveal the real self.

Take the question, "How do I connect with my higher self?" and then ask this question, "Who asks this question?"
    Can you find the person asking the question?
    Have a real good look.....and I mean a real good look.
    Is this person asking the question real or does this person fade in the looking for her?
    Be very honest here in your findings.
    If you can't find an absolute sense of realness of the person asking the question, then discard the question - and just get a sense of what is left. This is the higher self.

Realisation of our Higher self is simplicity itself.
    It is not anything mystical - unfortunately the illusionary self seeks the mystical
    The more this is understood and can be seen, the more the Real will be revealed.

Jeanette

4. The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to Jenci For This Post:

Anchor (21st December 2011), another bob (20th December 2011), aranuk (21st December 2011), Calz (20th December 2011), Caren (1st January 2012), Carmen (6th January 2012), Carolin (20th December 2011), D-Day (20th December 2011), darren (7th January 2012), Dawn (20th December 2011), Elethia (24th December 2011), GaelVictor (24th December 2011), Gardener (22nd December 2011), jagman (24th December 2011), Kyendo (22nd December 2011), Laura Elina (20th December 2011), Limor Wolf (20th December 2011), Lisab (20th December 2011), Marianne (20th December 2011), partsdale (3rd January 2012), PegasusRising (22nd December 2011), sandy (20th December 2011), Seikou-Kishi (11th January 2012), shamanseeker (31st December 2011), Snowbird (31st December 2011), Star1111 (20th December 2011), toothpick (20th December 2011), VaughnB (21st December 2011), WhiteFeather (31st December 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,920 times in 1,827 posts

In my adolescence I discovered my (maybe I should say “the”) Higher Self through meditation.

Another way I would access it at that age was through the practice of creativity.

Both of these are very much to do with making yourself very, very empty. Also making yourself very, very simple. The removal business isn’t easy. I used to find creativity excruciating every time, but at the end of the process there would sometimes come spectacularly joy-filled insights. These were so off the charts pleasurable to experience, they made all the hard preparation work so worthwhile.

Creative work is all about solving problems, ultimately. It’s also about seeking out beauty, and not being willing to settle for anything less. When you do find profound beauty, somehow it always turns out to be true that beauty = truth. I hate to have to use the word “beauty” here, because the truly beautiful is so much richer and more profound than anything people usually imagine.

I do also greatly enjoy affection, warmth, love, true friendship. But the above two activities brought me an intensity of joy and pleasure and satisfaction that was so off the charts bigger and better than affection/love/etc, it’s very hard to find words to explain it.

Although it was I who would do the preliminary work to trigger such experiences and revelations, a deeper “I” – the Higher Self – would actually create them. And yet it still felt as if the “smaller” I had done it too.

Ultimately, of course, the two "I"s are one -- or, as Jenci was saying, there was only one "I" really there to begin with. But my experience was that it took quite some time to fully integrate the Higher Self with the littler me. Ultimately, you could say, very truly, that it's all about becoming an artist of life, in the long run.
    Last edited by TraineeHuman; 20th December 2011 at 10:37.

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

another bob (20th December 2011), aranuk (21st December 2011), Calz (20th December 2011), Caren (1st January 2012), Carolin (20th December 2011), Dawn (20th December 2011), Deega (23rd December 2011), Elethia (24th December 2011), Laura Elina (20th December 2011), Lisab (20th December 2011), sandy (20th December 2011), Snowbird (31st December 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,199 times in 262 posts

There can't be two of you, one must be unreal.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to dim For This Post:

another bob (20th December 2011), aranuk (21st December 2011), Dawn (20th December 2011), Gardener (22nd December 2011), Jenci (20th December 2011), Laura Elina (20th December 2011), Lisab (20th December 2011), meeradas (21st December 2011), sandy (20th December 2011), Snowbird (31st December 2011)

9. Link to Post #5
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

I use Verizon.

10. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,459 times in 1,312 posts

That was good advice from Jenci. Just stop relying on your self identity long enough to discover that you've never relied on it. That's your higher self. Who did you think it was taking over every time things got out of hand?

If you chronically make your decisions from fear, you complicate things a little. But then the lesson has to be 'don't worry, there's nothing to fear'.

11. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to markpierre For This Post:

another bob (20th December 2011), Calz (20th December 2011), Caren (1st January 2012), Carolin (20th December 2011), Dawn (20th December 2011), Jenci (20th December 2011), Laura Elina (20th December 2011), Lisab (20th December 2011), sandy (20th December 2011), Snowbird (31st December 2011)

12. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member Rantaak's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 times in 360 posts

Consult your pineal gland!
    By Seeking You May Find. By Doing You May Become.

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Rantaak For This Post:

Calz (20th December 2011), Dawn (20th December 2011), Kyendo (22nd December 2011), Laura Elina (20th December 2011), Lisab (20th December 2011), modwiz (20th December 2011), sandy (20th December 2011), Snowbird (31st December 2011), WhiteFeather (31st December 2011)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,210 times in 1,149 posts

Quote Modwiz: I use Verizon.
    Quote Rantaak: Consult your pineal gland!
    I just LOVE a good laugh! Thanks so much!

15. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

Calz (20th December 2011), ceetee9 (31st December 2011), DNA (23rd December 2011), Gardener (22nd December 2011), Jenci (20th December 2011), Laura Elina (20th December 2011), Limor Wolf (20th December 2011), Lisab (20th December 2011), modwiz (20th December 2011), sandy (20th December 2011), Snowbird (31st December 2011)

16. Link to Post #9
    UK Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by dim (here)
    There can't be two of you, one must be unreal.

This one sentence alone is enough.

Eckhart Tolle's spiritual awakening was spontaneous and it did not occur through techniques, practises or meditation. It was through a simple realisation of the sentence above posted by Dim.

He reached a point where he said "I can't live with myself any longer".
    He noticed this statement contained two people. The "I" that couldn't live with "myself"
    Only one was real. Which was he?

It's so, so simple that the mind cannot think this can be it. But it is.
    Jeanette

17. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Jenci For This Post:

ajyana (22nd December 2011), Anchor (21st December 2011), another bob (20th December 2011), aranuk (21st December 2011), Dawn (21st December 2011), gooty64 (20th December 2011), Kyendo (22nd December 2011), Laura Elina (20th December 2011), Limor Wolf (20th December 2011), sandy (20th December 2011), Seikou-Kishi (11th January 2012), shamanseeker (31st December 2011), Snowbird (31st December 2011)

18. Link to Post #10
    Retired
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,051 times in 3,027 posts

Dawn,as always such a usefull information and sharing from you!
    Giving an answer from your own individual experiences without 'decorating' it with some add-ins,is not an easy task,and I appreciate the intention that stands behind it.
    Collecting all individuals experiences and personal insights which remain as 'pure' to oneself as possible,than we are able to grasp what is the common ground.

Quote Originally posted by Dawn: "I finally realized that (for me) my higher self does not answer any of my questions with words. I know I am acting in concert with my higher self by observing what is happening around me. For example, when I am delayed repeatedly while going someplace, and that causes me to arrive just after an auto accident...then I suddenly have a strong urge to work with the earth tectonic plates. Or when I decide I’d love to go the the nearby hot springs, and there I meet someone amazing who needs a volunteer for a project that will work in with devic earth spirits to heal the environment."
    I am also figuring it,that answers and guiding does not usually come (for me) via words,However,does it mean that its actually my 'higher self' and not a helping hand that is supplying with the answer/occasion? let me give you one example: I flew to London to see David Icke,when he started his speaking tour around the world.I am a travel agent and I arranged myself a sitting on the airplane from Larnaca,Cyprus to London.I got used to the various synchronicity's in my life up till than,and I had a strong feeling that something would happen in this trip as well. While checking in to board the flight,I have made sure with the check-in personnel that I indeed have a window seat.I was not looking at the boarding card.
    While at the aircraft,I found out that my seat is completely defferent than the one I booked,and it was a middle seat.A tall greek impressive looking mature man has arrived right before the plain took off and sat to my left.The only thing I would say is that in the next five plus hours we were discussing everything from the NWO,their agenda and its tight grip on our world to the significant of consciousness.he had a first and second hand knowledge.as a head of the famagusta area in the cypriot police,working with the Interpol and having many connection in the inside.this person has expressed to me a couple of things that has given me a firm conviction (to my internet knowledge by than) that there is a well ordered agenda to enslave humans and to depopulate the world and its now advancing full force.This 'coincidental' meeting has added a personal value to my convictions of what is going on in the world.was that my higher self that arranged it for me? you gave some similar exmples of your own,are those synchronicities a result of our 'higer self'? .

If I put synchronization aside,and concentrate on getting answers from the inside,I have no way to explain it in words,but I do feel that I,myself can sometimes dtermined whether I get this from my 'knowing' higher soul that have the answers and when it is coming from an outside source.of course,there is a good chance that I am wrong!

About using some techniques to connect with my Higher self,I wrote this to another Avalonian in a PM:

"One more thing that I feel is that ,sometimes techniques and 'user guides' on how to do things,weather its maditation or invoking a kundalini experience etc. is not right for me,as it delimits from having an individuall expression of myself .. and it puts 'instructions' where there need to be a 'free flow'.I dont know if I say it correct,I hope you can see what I mean by it. maybe specific guiding can be beneficial to some of us,and to others its not so much."

But I agree that what you provided here Dawn are some very beneficial tools to 'sharpen' our inner listening.
    The work and the clearing are necessary for us to have an effective 'communication line' with our complete selves and with the divine universe.

Many thanks for your sharing and explanation once again!

~*&^~*&

Limor

mod edit: noticed a spelling error in my own post which was quoted.... bugged me too much to leave alone so I edited it... Dawn
    Last edited by Dawn; 21st December 2011 at 03:47.

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

Caren (1st January 2012), Dawn (21st December 2011), DNA (23rd December 2011), Elethia (24th December 2011), Laura Elina (20th December 2011), misericordia (20th December 2011), sandy (20th December 2011), Snowbird (31st December 2011), Unified Serenity (20th December 2011)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,106 times in 526 posts

To me, when we remove the blankets of, anger, self pity, remorse, guilt, lust, self rightousness, fear, and Jealousy(just to name a few) what do you have left? Unconditional Love your true self which has always been there but has been buried behind layers of taught and programmed responses.

21. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Eagle For This Post:

Caren (1st January 2012), Carmen (6th January 2012), Dawn (21st December 2011), Elethia (24th December 2011), Gardener (22nd December 2011), Laura Elina (20th December 2011), misericordia (20th December 2011), sandy (20th December 2011), shamanseeker (31st December 2011), Snowbird (31st December 2011), STATIC (6th January 2012)

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,221 times in 554 posts

To me, the "channel" to the highest aspects of self is always open. There is a reason for everything that we experience throughout the day, and that reason is to give us another opportunity to rise above any thought which could hold us back and to continually allow ourselves to be a more clear lens for observation, which naturally leads to the more beneficial courses of action. So I would suggest a very helpful exercise to practice would be to continually ask yourself how each experience is contributing in some way to a better understanding of some part of yourself so that you naturally keep taking the "high road"... and then to act in the moment on these realizations. The idea being to be "fresh" in every moment... meaning not acting or thinking that old ideas or even new ones have the "answers", and instead to realize that you are always recreating yourself in every moment by how you choose to interact with life.

Additionally, to become more deeply aware of the different feelings which take place in your body from moment to moment... this can be one of the best guides for finding out the deeper meaning of an experience you're having. The more positive and fulfilled and magical you feel inside, the more connected you will be to your highest aspects of self because positive energy is the key to unlock and unblock the fabrications of the mind, which then allows you to open the "floodgates" to Love.
    Last edited by Valley; 20th December 2011 at 14:33. Reason: correction
    Be Flexible, In Body and Mind... Be Wise and Prize What You Find... Be Clear, No Fear to Blind... Be Nice, Think Twice, Be Kind

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Valley For This Post:

Ami (20th December 2011), Caren (1st January 2012), Dawn (21st December 2011), Laura Elina (20th December 2011), Limor Wolf (22nd December 2011), sandy (20th December 2011), Snowbird (31st December 2011)

24. Link to Post #13
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,350 times in 2,555 posts

Fabulous thread Dawn. You know what immediately came to my mind was Skype! Yes, I know hysterical huh? But, let me explain. Oh, warning everything I write is my opinion based on my life's experiences, research, and any snarky, challenging, uplifting thing should be attributed to me and not some nebulous other out there. I make no claim to be all knowing, but I do stand by what I say... ok obligatory announcement out of the way:

For me, we are all individual creators linked by some mysterious oneness that all energy comes from, and yet we are distinct striving deeply through spiritual awareness to fully know true oneness. Is it that sense of cosmic consciousness some of us tap into and call our higher self? I know I have another body besides the clay one. She talks to me all the time, and sometimes won't shut up. But sometimes, in confusion we wonder "Hey, where did you go, I need some direction" and we look to others and religion and such out of respect and need. This is where community is so important. In the old days, people did not need to go to a therapist. They went to their back fence and talked with a trusted friend. Soft smile

I am not the most trusting person (Duh), and recently I allowed someone on skype to help me. Sometimes we need someone outside of us whom we feel is acting selflessly in our best interest to shine a mirror for us. To look at us and well in my case be able to see well in spirit. In those moments of connection I have had the most direct contact with my higher self, and it's not words, it's energy. It's a knowing, a feeling, and it is the most beautiful experience when shared in a loving environment. So, for me, I contact my higher self when I am centered, when I am real, and when I have no agenda but to be.

Much love,

Serenity

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Thank you to everyone for responding, and Dawn, for starting this thread I appreciate the sharing of insight you guys have.

It's really nice reading about everyone's experiences and I feel a sense of relief, this is something that has weighed heavy on me for a little while now.

I truly have *just* started my so called journey, I had my awakening/realization of having this *spark* within about ten years ago, but I never pursued this, it was a knowing and that was enough, and all was well for ten years, I had some experiences that a lot of people have and when I did... I said to myself, woah, I guess I had my finger on it and I'm not just crazy for "believing", and more like, knowing.

Then this year I felt I had to start working on my realization, so I decided I wanted to make the connection with my higher self stronger (there is another thread that was started today I believe, in which everyone gets to define the higher self, which is really cool as well), and there and then I decided that... I truly want the connection established (if I were to succeed in making it stronger) to be between myself and my true self... Or higher self, which I find tricky now. And here's the confession part, lol.

So I started meditation, which I had never done before, as in ... Sit and quiet down. I didn't use any techniques etc... As in breathe this way and imagine this, I just went with it, I tried to feel myself (navigate) through the process, I just tried not to think, and maybe... Become more aware of feelings and sensations?

I didn't want any out of body experiences, remote viewing, astral travel on a conscious level, or messages from beings in other worlds etc... Since it's a tricky business and nothing to be messed with or taken lightly, and I certainly don't have the experience to navigate my way through in that minefield. I told a close family member I am finding time to meditate, and they were like... Okay, be careful, you know you can get yourself killed like that, right? And I was like... Don't worry, I am being careful.

Well the meditation went really well I felt, and I got a sense of knowing, when I was being tapped on my shoulder in a subtle way, as in I knew how to look at different situations I was in now (daily life), nothing too major, just getting a little better at being aware of why I was thinking and feeling certain things and then... Having a sense of, wow, this is really nice, like a little kid taking their first steps.

Then I feel like I made a mistake in when I started talking to my higher self some months ago, I talked inside my head and then I caught myself talking inside my head saying all kinds of things, and I just... I said, oh no.

And this is why I PM'd Dawn, I think I may have been connecting to something else, because all of a sudden I was getting what I think is downloads of "information", symbols, images... Even words, I would close my eyes at night before going to bed and I think I experienced something like remote viewing? I saw places I had never seen before, at first vague outlines of spaces, then even in color, I was shocked, I saw faces too. It was like watching movies inside your head. On two occasions there was clear sentences being said to me, and that's something, which made me feel a little crazy. That's just a couple of examples. I mean, it's entertainment I guess, before bedtime etc... But whose behind the entertainment is what I am a little concerned about.

And I'm sure a lot of people have experienced this here on Avalon and it's very common for them, I know, because I read a lot of posts here. And they may be thinking..."What an amateur" of me, and that's alright, but it's not common for me, and I feel like.. In a way I got a nosebleed, because I asked for it. But I didn't even catch myself making connections to possible places, where I have no place to be making "acquaintances" in.

Agreements and contracts that I may have made, now how am I supposed to wiggle out of those, suppose I can't if I have? I find myself wondering.. Did I just mess up royally, why the heck did I go and ruin a good thing, I fixed it until it was broke.

I haven't meditated in a while, I suppose... The last time, when I wanted to just *feel* it and establish a connection to my higher self, I realized this is for real and you can do real damage, if you have no idea what you're doing. And I haven't even tried to get any experiences, that was not my purpose and intent.

For the ten years, when all was well, I always told myself that... Walk unafraid, and I did, it's so funny that... My good intentions and trying to work on something that may have already been working just fine, is now something I am apprehensive of, I don't feel like meditating much these days, because I feel like... Well I'm gonna be walking into another mine and who knows what that's gonna do, any one got advice on backtracking your steps? Lol. Well, live and learn. Hindsight is the best sight.

Anyway There is my rant, and again, I appreciate the time everyone took/is taking to reply to this thread. I hope you guys will continue to do so.
    Last edited by Laura Elina; 20th December 2011 at 15:34.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Laura Elina For This Post:

Caren (1st January 2012), Dawn (21st December 2011), Jenci (20th December 2011), Limor Wolf (20th December 2011), sandy (20th December 2011), Snowbird (31st December 2011), Unified Serenity (20th December 2011), Valley (22nd December 2011)

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,760 times in 350 posts

Its already YOU.
    YOU are IT and IT is YOU and YOU and IT is part of the Divine

Ask and you will receive.
    LOVE, LOVE always LOVE.....................
    "Thinking: The talking of the soul with itself” - Plato
    LOVE, LOVE, always LOVE

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Star1111 For This Post:

Caren (1st January 2012), Dawn (21st December 2011), Laura Elina (20th December 2011), sandy (20th December 2011), Snowbird (31st December 2011)

29. Link to Post #16
    UK Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Laura Elina (here)
    Thank you to everyone for responding, and Dawn, for starting this thread I appreciate the sharing of insight you guys have.

It's really nice reading about everyone's experiences and I feel a sense of relief, this is something that has weighed heavy on me for a little while now.

I truly have *just* started my so called journey, I had my awakening/realization of having this *spark* within about ten years ago, but I never pursued this, it was a knowing and that was enough, and all was well for ten years, I had some experiences that a lot of people have and when I did... I said to myself, woah, I guess I had my finger on it and I'm not just crazy for "believing", and more like, knowing.

Then this year I felt I had to start working on my realization, so I decided I wanted to make the connection with my higher self stronger (there is another thread that was started today I believe, in which everyone gets to define the higher self, which is really cool as well), and there and then I decided that... I truly want the connection established (if I were to succeed in making it stronger) to be between myself and my true self... Or higher self, which I find tricky now. And here's the confession part, lol.

So I started meditation, which I had never done before, as in ... Sit and quiet down. I didn't use any techniques etc... As in breathe this way and imagine this, I just went with it, I tried to feel myself (navigate) through the process, I just tried not to think, and maybe... Become more aware of feelings and sensations?

I didn't want any out of body experiences, remote viewing, astral travel on a conscious level, or messages from beings in other worlds etc... Since it's a tricky business and nothing to be messed with or taken lightly, and I certainly don't have the experience to navigate my way through in that minefield. I told a close family member I am finding time to meditate, and they were like... Okay, be careful, you know you can get yourself killed like that, right? And I was like... Don't worry, I am being careful.

Well the meditation went really well I felt, and I got a sense of knowing, when I was being tapped on my shoulder in a subtle way, as in I knew how to look at different situations I was in now (daily life), nothing too major, just getting a little better at being aware of why I was thinking and feeling certain things and then... Having a sense of, wow, this is really nice, like a little kid taking their first steps.

Then I feel like I made a mistake in when I started talking to my higher self some months ago, I talked inside my head and then I caught myself talking inside my head saying all kinds of things, and I just... I said, oh no.

And this is why I PM'd Dawn, I think I may have been connecting to something else, because all of a sudden I was getting what I think is downloads of "information", symbols, images... Even words, I would close my eyes at night before going to bed and I think I experienced something like remote viewing? I saw places I had never seen before, at first vague outlines of spaces, then even in color, I was shocked, I saw faces too. It was like watching movies inside your head. On two occasions there was clear sentences being said to me, and that's something, which made me feel a little crazy. That's just a couple of examples. I mean, it's entertainment I guess, before bedtime etc... But whose behind the entertainment is what I am a little concerned about.

And I'm sure a lot of people have experienced this here on Avalon and it's very common for them, I know, because I read a lot of posts here. And they may be thinking..."What an amateur" of me, and that's alright, but it's not common for me, and I feel like.. In a way I got a nosebleed, because I asked for it. But I didn't even catch myself making connections to possible places, where I have no place to be making "acquaintances" in.

Agreements and contracts that I may have made, now how am I supposed to wiggle out of those, suppose I can't if I have? I find myself wondering.. Did I just mess up royally, why the heck did I go and ruin a good thing, I fixed it until it was broke.

I haven't meditated in a while, I suppose... The last time, when I wanted to just *feel* it and establish a connection to my higher self, I realized this is for real and you can do real damage, if you have no idea what you're doing. And I haven't even tried to get any experiences, that was not my purpose and intent.

For the ten years, when all was well, I always told myself that... Walk unafraid, and I did, it's so funny that... My good intentions and trying to work on something that may have already been working just fine, is now something I am apprehensive of, I don't feel like meditating much these days, because I feel like... Well I'm gonna be walking into another mine and who knows what that's gonna do, any one got advice on backtracking your steps? Lol. Well, live and learn. Hindsight is the best sight.

Anyway There is my rant, and again, I appreciate the time everyone took/is taking to reply to this thread. I hope you guys will continue to do so.

Hi Laura,

You seem to have feelings that are bubbling up to the surface here. This is all part of the awakening process.

Take heart, you are on the right track.

The mind is trying to draw conclusions here as to what is going on and this is taking you away from your higher self. It's best to leave these mind conclusions alone if you can and allow the process of all the feelings bubbling up to carry on.
    Just allow everything to Be, exactly as it is.
    But be aware of how the mind is trying to distract you, but don't pay attention to its thoughts.

I've explained here in this post about meditation, how to allow everything to be as it is. It may be of use to you here.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...-is-Meditation

Jeanette

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jenci For This Post:

another bob (20th December 2011), Caren (1st January 2012), Dawn (21st December 2011), Laura Elina (20th December 2011), Limor Wolf (20th December 2011), sandy (20th December 2011), Snowbird (31st December 2011), Unified Serenity (20th December 2011)

31. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

Cleaning out the inner landscape is number one.

One goes from 'thinking' to knowing.

Me personally I gave up everything that was externally sourced. Gave up the angels, the spirit guides, gurus', and other 'authority' figures--anything external-- and started giving my higher expression more opportunity to actually express itself because there's not a host of input standing around that is meant to guide, instead of direct. Instead of listening to external messages from external entities, once the fear mechanisms were gone, my higher self just began expressing itself.

The mechanism attached to this is ...self authority. When my thinking mind wants to start running the show, I back off any decision it is trying to make and give it up to my higher intellgience, my awareness , not my consciousness. My consciousness is not aware of everything like that better part of me. My consciousness sees only what is from past expreience or what is right in front of me. This gives us a better understanding of being in the present.

If one does a lot of astral or has a lot of out of body experiences one learns the difference between awareness and consciouness. Source or higher intellgience is very aware, and mind based manifesation is very conscious. In a weird way we become SELF conscious. Suddenly we are conscious of our authentic SELF expressing. We become self centered or rather Source centered. Self centered doesn't sound very nice but being there is splendid.

If we still have fears about confronting Source we are going to shy from how Source expresses itself through us--higher self. SELF Authority. So instead of confronting Source directly we tend to rely on something that is sorta close to source, or 'say' its closer to source than we are. It's not-- we can't get any closer to source than we already are if we have source sourced expression. You know external things like guides, angels things of that nature instead of directly aligning with Source. It's safe to go where Source is being expressed externally but direct alignment.....that fear that has lived in the human psyche for so many lifetimes of 'being judged by Source'. Because our authorities (gods) in this life time were judging us!

To all of us as young children our parents, our authority figures were akin to God . If our parents were not serving us very well and being responsible with godhood we tend to cring uncounsciously from the ultimate authority.

This happens because we've had some put down or abuse from early physical authority figures--in this lifetime and in others.. Some one else or something external of us was the authority.

Source has no authority over us really. It has given us free will so when I look at it from that space, I find myself wondering what was I ever afraid of? You can really not give up your authority to Source you can only be willing to allow Source to start helping you with all levels of your existence including this one. When you do this you don't have to think anymore. You don't have to read about chakras, or unified fields or have a thinking understanding of anything because you know it. You have the experience of it. And you will just express that experience often times without being conscious of it.

Many of us were raised in households where we didn't have the freedom to say no to our authority figures or make decisions based on anything other than what our authority figures, our parents said. Or had to succumb to their authority --Parent's were always right (we now know they weren't) the person in charge is always more correct, more intellgient, more knowing--anybody but ourselves! Many of us were taught it was 'bad' or 'wrong' to refuse authority. Then we are unleashed into a world where we have no self authority. We are taught not to trust our own internal self 'something' else always has 'authority' over us.

How the world the world was taken from us.

It is really claiming your self authority without fear of anything external. You are no longer told, you are shown. You know the diffrence between accessing a situation and judging it. You don't have to worry about yourself being judged or you yourself judging others.

Because the higher self is me and not a seperate entity, I simply give it something to do. It is me , and being my own experience, how would I differentiate it from me but ....that is what we keep expecting. Another voice that sounds different? how could it? It's me! I'm always going to sound like me because it IS ME.

Still we seek something that validates itself through sounding separate of us. Something separate instead of our awareness that can finally express itself clearly and without fear through our consciouness once we've cleaned up some of the dense mechanisms in there that didn't allow us to KNOW that was our higher awareness coming in. It sounds like me because it is me. That is simply managing to express ourselves I don't need it to speak to me, or instruct me , spell things out for me, or give me foreknowledege or otherwise emphasize that it is seperate from me. It can't because it's not. It just expresses itself. It expresses itself in a sort of intellgience that my previous or current life experiences cannot account for.

So I rather akin this to throwing a ball over a tall brick wall. I know I'm there, so when confronted with some snarly predicament my mind is just going to churn in circles with I toss it over the fence and say, My Higher Intellgience is going to deal with this because my lower mind has its panties in a wad right now.

So this is demonstrated in daily life. My daughter whom I taught about the parking lot angels that clear traffic jams, finds a parking slot, starts the car when the battery is dead, and rolls up the balky window that is sort of off track and undependable ....You know ...the parking lot angels. .My daugher came to the realization that there was no parking angel, that it was me doing that. First though I came to the awareness that it WAS ME doing that. It first started when the window would go up by itself without me thinking about it. And the tired battery began to crank things over because ...I stopped thinking about it . I ultimately fook things up by thinking about them. When I'm not thinking and allowing, I don't have to worry about whether my thoughts are positive or negative or deny them, or alter them. They just don't interfer anymore. Nor do I have to depend on correct thinking to manifest things.

And that is how I get people to know how their higher self is expressing, all these external things that they claim are being done on their behalf by angels, guides and helpers.......it's really them doing it. They don't believe me though because....they are still afraid to confront themselves and want to grant credit to something external of themselves as a cause of good things...and bad things.

Higher intelligience.

Or as I'm OFTEN accused of "You THINK you're smarter than everyone else." I get accused of that a lot . I get accused of thinking I'm superior . Well I've allowed a higher or superior part of myself to express but its not thinking that its, just expressing. Its not thnking at all. The people observing it are thinking that...lol.

I'm not THINKING though. How would I think I was smarter if I'm not thinking.

The higher self just does, it just knows. It doesn't say "I think" it just expresses what it knows. If the higher self knowing sounds more intellgient than what other people are thinking ...isn't that the entire point. Are we chasing our higher self so it can sound as ignorant and undependable as our lower minds? Why bother then?

When I am often 'thinking' that I have no choices, and feeling that trapped mechanism, I bring myself back to present and KNOW the higher self is expressing. There is no choice to be made, no decision , it's all been done for me . Behind the scene as it were, in unconsciousness. When one starts operating that way there is nothing to doubt . tThe higher self is always being expressed and the only thing is we are not aware of how its expressing or even when, because so many judgements have been placed on us. Judgements are placed on higher self expression, these expectations that it should think and sound a certain way.

The higher intellgience seldom ever puts any emotional attachments on what it is expressing because it KNOWs people are trip triggered by it .It shows us how to be more responsible with each other and the psyche.And it will express things that wounded people don't want to hear so one has to be prepared for that if they really want their higher self to navigate their physical experience.

People who start making a concerted effort to go into this inner space often tell me that things get boring , things stop happening. The drama of life goes away because you see that much of what was happening was created in the mind in the thought process. Our discomfort the things 'happening to us' were really external. In a weird way one becomes more absent or seemingly not in the present but its because they are no longer investing in what isn't real for them. They have become their own reality and anything that is external isn't being invested in. They appear detached an unemotional because they aren't reacting as if it is occuring to them.

It's always expressing in the present so whatever is going on in the present I probably was not aware of five minutes before. Foreknowledge is based in projecting into the future. Our inner landscape wounds that affect how freely higher expression is going to flow is in the past. Being in the present is one way of allowing this expression but one has to wipe those wounds that prevent us from allowing it from fear. Have you ever known something and it proves to be true and you didn't speak up because you were afraid you sounded silly, or that others would be offended or hurt, or you were afraid you might be wrong. That is wounded consciouness that prevented that authentic expression.

A lot of detachment from the physical, mental and material realms is necessary . To truly know one has to detach from what other's are thinking. One is a lower mind mechanism and one is higher expression.

One literally becomes more intelligient, because that is one's higher intellgience, authentic intelligience, expressing itself. One, one is no longer afraid to express. So one sounds more intellgient than when they were not expressing anything at all because they were afraid too.....lol.

Intuitive living-- one doesn't need to depend on mechanisms that often fail like psychic ability. Things just occur or happen, one is always in the right place at the right time without any foreknowledge.

My lower mind which serves to help me function in a physical world is okay. II'm not going to judge it , if I want a physical experience it is going ot be neccessary to let it decide when to put my shoes on or take them off. It can tell me when it's time to make dinner or fill up the gas tank. But when I ignore it and i'm in the middle of the night and the tank is on empty and there's not open gas station ....that is when I push the mind out of the way and let the higher expression start calling the shots. Has it ever failed me. Never. It's never wrong. I've questioned it sometimes, like what the hell are you doing???!!! It knew what to do regardless of what I thought . It knows to do things that I THINK are hair brained as hell at the moment they are occuring but that is because my knowing is so much more brighter, has so much more vision than my thinking.

I'd love to say that this makes everything ducky. But the higher expressiion is very honest, and it doesn't shy away from examining mechanisms that the mind will try to deny or ignore. It will look at them because it has no fear of those sorts of things. And it will express authentically what it sees occuring. Now if you are one of those people who go into this space and live there, those who are not are going to be conflicted about you. But that's their conflict. The higher intellgience when you are really really in that space has no qualms. Because its not affected and therefore you aren't either.

It's how we see the mechanism of being awake being expressed as conflict. If conflict is present then awareness or being awake probably isn't present. Or being expressed rather. Get a thousand people together who are not awake and mix them in with people who have half an eye cracked open and you will have conflict. Right? We know this.

When you get into your true space conflict still occurs but, its external of you. It's not happening to you , you are observing it. And when conflict stops occuring things may seem dull for awhile. It didn't go away it just stopped happenign to us and our minds are so accustomed to having something to do, to react to that when it stops happening to us.....it seems quiet. Or should I say , peaceful.

32. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

Quote Posted by modwiz (here)
    I use Verizon.
    I prefer to show 'em just who's boss ...

Name:  sumo.jpg
Views: 2769
Size:  7.3 KB

uh ... that would be me "beneath" my "higher self" ...

33. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

Caren (1st January 2012), Dawn (21st December 2011), Midnight Rambler (24th December 2011), modwiz (20th December 2011), sandy (20th December 2011), Sebastion (20th December 2011), Seikou-Kishi (11th January 2012), Snowbird (31st December 2011), write4change (2nd January 2012)

34. Link to Post #19
    United States Avalon Member Rantaak's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 times in 360 posts

I just LOVE a good laugh! Thanks so much!
    If you laughed, then you did it.

Speculative esoteric metaphysical philosophical quantification:
    Laughter is the physiological reaction to a recursive mode of perception, when the animating spirit looks upwards and sees the higher self, and the higher self looks down and sees the animating spirit.

It is when the mind encapsulates a sentiment of ineffable truth. Like when you look at a photograph of your father when he was a teenager. You laugh because it is true.
    By Seeking You May Find. By Doing You May Become.

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rantaak For This Post:

Dawn (24th December 2011), HORIZONS (22nd December 2011), Laura Elina (31st December 2011), Seikou-Kishi (11th January 2012), Snowbird (31st December 2011), sygh (31st December 2011)

36. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member VaughnB's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,061 times in 203 posts

Quote Posted by Jenci (here)
    Quote Laura Elina: I was wondering...where I could find information on how to basically... Connect with my higher self, and not just that, but... Lately I have attempted to do so and then some time ago I started wondering, if I am really connecting with my higher self at all,

To Laura,

You don't need to connect to your higher self. You are already That.

Removing what is in the way, which prevents this realisation, is the way here. Lift the veil, so to speak.
    Discarding the false self, will reveal the real self.

Take the question, "How do I connect with my higher self?" and then ask this question, "Who asks this question?"
    Can you find the person asking the question?
    Have a real good look.....and I mean a real good look.
    Is this person asking the question real or does this person fade in the looking for her?
    Be very honest here in your findings.
    If you can't find an absolute sense of realness of the person asking the question, then discard the question - and just get a sense of what is left. This is the higher self.

Realisation of our Higher self is simplicity itself.
    It is not anything mystical - unfortunately the illusionary self seeks the mystical
    The more this is understood and can be seen, the more the Real will be revealed.

Jeanette
    It's really weird Jeanette, your responses seem to always coincide perfectly with my mindset, I don't know if that's good, bad or indifferent, but it does make me feel that I'm not totally in left field. lol

I've never really had any cause, need or desire to somehow connect with my higher self, a guide, angel, not that they aren't there. In fact, in these last few years I've had a lot of serendipity, or things happening when they need to happen. Let it BE. It's been kinda reassuring.

I do have a wooden pendulum I've used like once or twice, mostly just for fun. it is uncanny how accurate it is, but I really don't find I need such a tool.

I guess if people really FEEL a need then they definitely should go down that road, how often do we travel to worlds end only to find the answer was in our own backyard. But I imagine all of this is a process, a journey, an experience otherwise we could just sit meditating 24/7.

Wishing you the very best of holidays, hope you're feeling better.

It is all easier than you have been told.Simply change your consciousness
    My Video ChannelTao of the Traveler Transcendence The Story of Humankind Official Statement from the Occupy Movement

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VaughnB For This Post:

Caren (1st January 2012), Jenci (22nd December 2011), Laura Elina (31st December 2011), Snowbird (31st December 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast