+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to Levitate Stones (Coral Castle)

1. Link to Post #1
    New Zealand Avalon Member witchy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,712 times in 1,183 posts

Default How to Levitate Stones (e.g.Coral Castle)

HOW?
    Stone levitation as recorded in the monuments of mostly long past but also some recent origins is a process of using of acoustic resonance induced magnetic levitation. I seem to have nailed down so far all those used by the late Edward Leadskalnin, the builder of the Coral Castle in Miami, Florida around the time of WW2. Some of these are common with some methods used in ancient and not so ancient Egypt, and in a fairly recent levitation document from Tibet.

The prerequisites for stone levitation by Mr. Leedskalnin’s method in gross qualitative terms are as follows:

What to avoid
    • You have to avoid miscellaneous background sounds as much as possible. Background sounds are a chaotic cacophony of vibration and interfere with resonance of the polycrystalline structure of stones like lime stone, granite etc. Not a must, but a great help. Any background noises carry a risk of the work to suddenly drop from levitation due to breakdown of the established crystalline resonance in the stone, which will come about as suddenly as suddenly comes the break down of superconductivity with magnetic tunneling or temperature rise.
    • You have to avoid as best you can electromagnetic radiation from all kinds of sources like radio stations, cell phone towers, power transmission lines etc. by creating a fairly radiation free area for your work. Not a must, but a great help. Again, the EM radiation may cause a sudden break down of crystalline vibration pattern in the work piece.
    • You better avoid fluctuations of geomagnetic field around your work. This one is the least “must not”, but it is very helpful. On the other hand, the geomagnetic, if properly handled, can be used for stone manipulation once the stone achieved levitation.
    All these can be avoided to a reasonable degree and I have spelled out how below.

What to achieve

Generation of sound combination of particular properties,which are peculiar to the particular stone kind you intend to levitate. It depends on the chemical composition, structure of crystals and the classes of mass groups of the crystals. You have to refer to my Sound in order to understand what this phenomenon means in qualitative physical terms, if you are after the understanding of the following procedure and its underlying causality (strongly recommended). If you are after the procedure itself only, you can skip it. What has to be achieved first is a synchronized and homogenous resonance of a sufficient proportion of crystals in the work piece. Work piece means a megalith, or a stone, or a block of stone, whatever. I will further address it simply as stone. There are three ways to find out the resonant frequency of the stone material.
    • First method is The Scientific Method and I shall skip that one for lack of relevant in depth information in the contemporary science (as far as I know), the lack of scientific resources to get to it (as far as I know) and the lack of guts of professional physicists in general to touch this phenomenon.
    • Second method is unscientific trust in the abilities of others. You can research all kinds of weird and/or scientific sites, you can make your own stew of a theory from the information and you will most likely spend the rest of your life testing all kinds of variations of your stew by experiment.
    • Third method is again unscientific, but relatively simple and fast as opposed to the first two. You assume that who ever you have not caught lying tells the truth as he/she sees it and you reinterpret such truth in the light of other such truths and you deduce what ever can be gotten from this stew. One of such truths is the work of Mr. Edward Leedskalnin. Although he has never revealed it directly, only in his interpretation and hints and slips and most of all in his experimental results and the tools he used and the work he left behind.
    You will polish about one square inch of a sample from the stone of your choice, that is a piece of the kind of stone you intend to work with. You will sprinkle finely ground kitchen salt on that polished patch of the stone. You will start playing or singing a single low tune to the stone, slowly raising the tune and watching what is happening with the salt. When the random order of the sprinkled salt begins to organize into some regular patterns (which will depend entirely on the kind and quality of the stone), you will stick to that particular sound and vary it only so slightly and patiently and slowly, until you get the clearest possible pattern. You will note the frequency of the sound (an electronic acoustic frequency detector would be a very handy instrument to have around) and record it. If you have good musical ear, you can record the sound in your brain databanks.

You have just caught one of the few major resonant frequencies in your sample. That is the frequency, which harmonically corresponds to a major proportion of the same size and harmonic size and kind and orientation within the stone. The stone itself is not likely to sound itself, as you have only produced a low harmonic of a much higher crystalline resonant frequency. If you use a musical instrument, I would recommend to also try other instruments at the same tune frequency. Some instruments will work better than other instruments. A tunable instrument whose oscillator is made from the same stone like the sample stone should work the best, but I have no idea how to make a musical instrument from a stone, or with a stone as its resonator. You may.

Once you have one such frequency established and recorded, you may have to go on with sound generation again raising the sound ever so slowly and watching freshly sprinkled salt on the piece, till you hit on to another major frequency. You have to check that the second frequency is not a harmonic of the first one. If it is, it is useless to apply the lower of the two for eventual levitation. If it is not, you have to test if the two, will interfere or not. If they do, you use only the one, which gave you a smaller and/or more pronounced pattern of salt grains.

You will continue with this experimentation, until you find all possible major frequencies of different harmonic sets, which do not interfere. (There is a good chance that you will hit upon a single frequency harmonic only, which is worth your attention.) The more of these tunes you sing or play to your stone while getting it to levitate, the more efficient will be your lift.

To make your job easier, you can pick a stone, which is reasonably homogenous, lets say a metamorphic limestone, or soapstone, or chalk, at least for the starters. I would recommend stone, which has been proven to work in the past, but please do not take apart the Coral Castle or the pyramids. It is not necessary. Just find out what kinds of stone was used in the Menhirs, the Egyptian pyramid cladding, pyramid guts, Baalbeck terrace and Easter Island statues. Pick the simplest stone to start with. The composite stones like granite will be much more complicated and therefore difficult to resonate and levitate due to their greater mineral, chemical and crystalline complexity. Do not attempt to use shale and artificial ceramics. They have very complex chemistry and polycrystallinity.

There is actually a simpler way to indicate the harmonic frequency.

You can place a small magnet on top of your stone and see when it begins to levitate. No polishing of the stone. But it might not be sufficient in finding out the best tunes and timber of the sound to use.

Set up a partial and stabilized geomagnetic field “gap” by building a ferromagnetic fence.

It is not entirely necessary, but it will make the job easier and safer. This can be achieved by sticking two rows of mild steel poles into the ground. The higher they may be, the better. The poles must be closer to each other in each row, than across the isle, which will be your workplace.
    You should also hose the ground in the isle with water, or work on wet ground to start with, or at least ground the poles by a grounded wire. This will alleviate the problem with radio transmissions and other EM interferences creating a partial Faraday cage around your work.

If you join the poles with a steel wire, you will have a better cage, but you will prevent yourself from being able to use the geomagnetic field for stone manipulation, i.e. pushing it wherever you want with magnetic field rather than your bare hands. Do not set your fence directly across geomagnetic meaning East-West. Set it approximately NS to start with your experimentation and find out how much you can deviate from it by experiment. Once your stone has levitated, it can be manipulated outside the fenced isle, but only so long as its resonance lasts in its synchronized mode. I am not certain if you can regenerate the sound and refresh the levitation without accidentally breaking the levitation down by poorly timed and synchronized acoustic wave. That has to be tried.

Get hold of some magnetic field. This one is somewhat tricky.
    • Magnetic fields are generated in a few ways, of which the finest way is magic. (Yes, I said magic and I mean magic.) I will skip this one not only because I do not understand its technicalities even approximately well yet, but mostly because it will not work for anyone who does not have faith in such human (and life in general) capacity in any case.
    • The first brutal option is leading the geomagnetic field across the ferromagnetic fence isle with mild steel sheet or stick by sticking the steel under the work piece, after your resonance in the monolith has been established by sound. Keep in mind that your monolith will lean against your steel piece as hard as it would lean against ground even though it will lean on the magnetic field connected to that steel piece. Watch your fingers. But you will be lifting the stone with it, rather than having the stone levitating seemingly on its own.
    • The second brutal way is establishing of magnetic field around the piece at ground level with a loop of wire under electric current. AC DC makes no difference. The wire will be hard pressed into the ground though, so it better be supported on something hard. The degree of levitation of your stone will correspond to the strength of the field you have created in your wire.
    • The third brutal way is the use of permanent magnets around the work piece at ground level, moved into the proximity of the work piece, but you will be again lifting the stone with it, rather than having the stone levitating seemingly on its own.
    There is a way to avoid the problems with the leaning of the piece against your magnetic field generators, whether passive or active. If you work on top of a stone substrate identical to the stone you are levitating, the same limestone or whatever, you will establish the same resonant properties in that substrate by your sound.

This can be the quary bedrock and this can be a pathway paved by the same stone as is your levitating stone. Then the magnetic field, which you have either generated or otherwise sneaked more or less between your stone and the substrate will be squeezed between the stone and the substrate and you will be able to manipulate the work piece with a more or less free hand, manipulating the magnets or iron bars or steel sheet metal sawn onto your boots and gloves, whatever you may choose to use, because the “generator’ will tend to levitate away from the substrate while the stone will levitate away from the “generator”. When I say generator, I may mean the steel pieces, with which you will cross your fence and lead geomagnetic across the fenced isle.

Please, keep in mind that the stone will not loose either gravity, or inertia and that you better start with easily handlable and I mean manually handlable stones, in order to get hang of the technology. You have to learn to operate this invisible machinery, otherwise you will expose yourself to a serious injury. The work piece will slip off your magnetic field easier than a wet soup bar will slip out of your hands. When I said loop of wire with electric current in it, I have suggested at the same time a magnetic field with a hollow in it, a donut field. That is the shape to go with. I again strongly recommend to all who are interested in attempting to perform this miracle, to read what I have to say in Sound. It will help you to understand that any size of the same kind of stone in the earshot of your sound will be prone to magnetic levitation, or better said repulsion as long as it is immersed in any magnetic field, including the geomagnetic field of earth. If you keep your work place full of chips or big stones, they will all tend to levitate against the substrate and most of all within the geomagnetic field, when the resonant frequencies of your sound generator hit them.

The intensity and frequency clarity of the sound composition decide how much of electromagnetic shielding and how much of “generated” magnetic field is necessary for levitation. The better the quality of your sound composition (can be in a simultaneous chord as well as in a repeated pattern of the component tunes), with which you hit your stone, the less problems will you have with interferences of background sounds and radiated EM background. This means that your chips and stones lying on the same stone substrate will levitate and ride the fluctuating geomagnetic field even past your fence. They will move up and down and sideways, depending on the shifts of the geomagnetic field as soon as you manage to put out a really good sound combination.

If you build something by levitation, you have to protect the build up structure against accidental levitation. This can be achieved by generating of mild AC currents in a wire netting spread over your build up parts, except those parts, which you have to build up further. Scattering sound barrier over the built up parts would also help. Build models and learn, otherwise you will expose yourself to injury etc.

Now why?

The effect is almost identical to magnetic levitation of superconductors. Superconductor in super-conductive state has one, or a few homogenous frequencies of inter-crystalline valence bonds and therefore crystalline latice. That depends on its material composition (metals as opposed to ceramics). This portion of the material valence bond structure in this state is a “Meisner” magnetic field in its own right. It is a saturated and single frequency field, which is not capable of processing any other frequencies of magnetic paths of communication, or filaments of the field, or whatever whoever wants to call the fine structure of magnetic fields.

Once the external field becomes too strong for the particular super-conductive material, it breaks down the superconductor homogeneity of oscillations into cacophony of frequencies and breaks down its homogenous magnetic oscillation state back into thermal state oscillations. A super-conductor does not loose its weight or mass or inertia, it floats within and sort of on top of a deformed magnetic field generated below it. This field is supported by the material object, which “generates” it (a magnet or a coil). Its magnetic field is a part of that object and this object presses down onto its substrate with the combined weight of the levitated superconductor and its own weight due to gravity.

The same kind of state can be achieved in a stone by sound vibration. You can cause a lot of the stone crystals to vibrate in exactly the same pattern and frequency and amplitude and in step by combination of sounds. Once you manage to achieve that, you can reintroduce magnetic field close to the piece and at least partly bellow it, even have it there to start with if it is just passive geomagnetic manipulator in the form of a piece of mild steel. Then the stone will levitate within that field even in relatively poor state of resonance, meaning that only a small proportion of its crystals are actually in harmonic vibration. The same state of a material should be achievable with magnetic resonance, but it would be rather trickier, because the generating magnetic field itself is not homogenous and will function as a countermeasure to achieving the super-conductive state of a stone.

Not all stones are suitable to this magnetic levitation and the levitation itself does not mean that the stone became super-conductive to electric current. Some may, some may not. That will depend on its structure, whether it allows for propagation of linear electric current or only for circular electric currents, eddies of regular magnets

When the tuning of the stones is brought to the state of art (which was not case with Mr. Leedskalnin), the stones will produce their own Meisner magnetic fields and repulse from both, identical and resonant substrate a lot, from other substrates quite a bit and quite a bit from layered materials, like “combed” straw or reed bundles. You may refer to my Diamagnetism and Magnetic Drag. One might assume that the layered materials are not what a magnetic field would not eventually permeate, but one has to understand that the normal and Meisner field are different and that Meisner will refuse to penetrate normal matter to a great degree.
    SDK, September 2, 2001

http://www3.sympatico.ca/slavek.krep...eas/stolev.htm

Seems plausible to me....
    Last edited by witchy1; 21st December 2011 at 09:18.

2. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to witchy1 For This Post:

00101 (21st December 2011), baddbob (21st December 2011), Bill Ryan (1st August 2019), Cartomancer (20th December 2011), efields (22nd December 2011), Fred Steeves (21st March 2013), Fred259 (20th December 2011), gaiagirl (21st December 2011), Halenin (17th March 2013), jackovesk (20th December 2011), Kryztian (4th July 2019), Lettherebelight (25th March 2013), Luis Filipe (17th March 2013), mab777 (20th December 2011), Marin (21st December 2011), misericordia (20th December 2011), mojo (21st December 2011), Nasu (20th December 2011), Ria (21st December 2011), Rich (1st August 2019), Sophocles (1st August 2019), TheSwede (27th December 2011), waree (4th July 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,320 times in 994 posts

Default Re: How to Levitate Stones (Coral Castle)

I posted this just a day or so ago - a great couple of videos that go into great detail about the device, the processes that Edward Leadskalnin used, and where this knowledge resides.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...736#post382736

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kindred For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st August 2019), efields (22nd December 2011), gaiagirl (21st December 2011), Heart-2-Heart (20th December 2011), mab777 (20th December 2011), misericordia (20th December 2011), mojo (21st December 2011), Ria (21st December 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,204 times in 958 posts

Coral Castle is a modern enigma. Few people realize that the built coral castle then deconstructed it an re-built it at another location. All by himself. If he did not use unknown technology to build this place then it is all that more impressive. It looks like he had a technique to help lift the stones.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cartomancer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st August 2019), Fred Steeves (21st March 2013), Ria (21st December 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Its a pity his work died with him, or should I say suppressed by the PTW..!

8. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,413 times in 5,643 posts

Hi Kindred,
    That video you posted was awesome. It was so similar to sacred geometry but other things as well. And how it is related to Coral Castle...I bet if someone went back and researched Ed's history perhaps he has ties to the Masons? And, the person that did the film that is some decoding going in looking at the ceiling tiles and figuring all that out. Was it on it's own thread to see and comment on? I thought it might get lost here, thanks again..

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st August 2019), Ria (21st December 2011)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

I'm not the OP in either thread, so it's not my call, but I do feel these two threads (and possibly more) should be 'corralled' /merged together so all this info is in one place... Obviously, a lot of people over the decades have tried to decipher this "mystery", with the resultant plethora of suggestions, theories, and speculation, with only a smattering of true investigation. These two videos seem to be on the right track, but I suspect there's even more to it. I've provided the videographer with some scaled drawings, based on the data provided, along with some rather simple insights regarding some discrepancies I noted. I have yet to hear back from him. If nothing else, this effort was a pleasant little diversion - keeping the mind active has always been fun for me.

In Unity and Peace

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kindred For This Post:

mojo (21st December 2011), Ria (21st December 2011)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

I took my wife and son there just last month on our way home from the Keys and I must say, it was a fantastic, relaxing place. The air had an amazing feel standing within the walls of the Coral Castle. The sculptures were amazing and massive in scope and size. The chairs that he "carved" out of the coral were extremely comfortable. You could sit in them and read for hours... I highly recommend if anybody is in the Miami, FL area to stop there and see it for yourself.

I agree that sound is the key to levitation/anti-gravity. I firmly believe this was how he built Coral Castle and also how the Great Pyramid of Giza was also constructed.

The interesting thing is that when I was walking one day in the Keys on vacation I had a feeling in my heart telling me I should stop there. I had forgotten entirely about the Coral Castle, but had seen a documentary a few years ago about it. It's a good thing I listened to that feeling!

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Neal For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st August 2019), Fred Steeves (21st March 2013), Kindred (21st December 2011), Kristo (21st December 2011), mojo (21st December 2011), Ria (21st December 2011), witchy1 (21st December 2011)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Hi Kindred, I started this really on how to levitate stones like in coral castle but no soley about that coral castle. As you note there is already a lot already on it. I am trying to find a thread and a link I have about others stones levitating and will put it here....still looking tho. Facinating subject

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to witchy1 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st August 2019), Ria (21st December 2011)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Default Re: How to Levitate Stones (e.g Coral Castle)

Click image for larger version

Name:	864BC77B23BEFD9603640C524042F373.jpg
Views:	1236
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	12107
    http://news.163.com/09/0804/01/5FR9FU73000120GR.html

South East Express (Xiamen)
    August 4, 2009
    A family hiking and taking landscape photos of a home in Gushan inadvertently captured images of a UFO floating above the trees looking the same as a rock! ...

Gang Hao said that the photos were taken at 15:34 on July 19, 2009... He and his family accidentally shot the photos while climbing, and the unusual photo of this strange flying object was not found until two days later, while he was organizing photos on his computer. He was amazed to see what appeared when he zoomed in on the object.
    "The camera is a Canon SX 110IS... the photo did not undergo any post-processing.

Based on analysis of photos showing the sky, the clouds should be about 1300 meters short and broken cumulus clouds, and the Weather Bureau recorded the same observation..." Gang Hao said that the lower 2/3 of the photo shows trees and mountains, while the top 1/3 shows the sky... and a UFO shaped like a large cone-like column that looks like stone... estimated to be about 5 meters in diameter.

After discovery of the pictures of the unidentified object, Gang Hao was also very puzzled, so he showed the image to a few colleagues and friends. Is it a flying saucer? ... Or just ordinary stones floating up in the air?...

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to witchy1 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st August 2019), efields (22nd December 2011), Ria (21st December 2011), Valerie Villars (1st August 2019)

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Last edited by witchy1; 21st December 2011 at 09:24.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to witchy1 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st August 2019), Kindred (21st December 2011), Ria (21st December 2011), Valerie Villars (1st August 2019)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by witchy1 (here)
    Attachment 12108http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/2583

Rocks in trees!!!!!

Attachment 12109
    Now THAT is Quite Interesting!

21. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Tibetan Sound Levitation Of Large Stones Witnessed By ScientistExcerpt from 'Anti-gravity and the World Grid' edited by D.H.Childress, ch.8, Acoustic levitation of stones by Bruce Cathie, pp. 213-217

When the stone was in position the monk behind the small drum gave a signal to start the concert. The small drum had a very sharp sound, and could be heard even with the other instruments making a terrible din. All the monks were singing and chanting a prayer, slowly increasing the tempo of this unbelievable noise. During the first four minutes nothing happened, then as the speed of the drumming, and the noise, increased, the big stone block started to rock and sway, and suddenly it took off into the air with an increasing speed in the direction of the platform in front of the cave hole 250 metres high. After three minutes of ascent it landed on the platform.

http://www.crystalinks.com/levitationtibet.html

There is a picture somewhere - Ill see if I can find it.

Here is the ATS thread on it - lots of links etc. http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread536541/pg1

you can also goog tibetan sound levitation - lots of hits.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to witchy1 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st August 2019), efields (22nd December 2011)

23. Link to Post #13
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member Luis Filipe's Avatar
    Thanks

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Luis Filipe For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st August 2019)

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

Magnetic monopoles make acoustic debut

University College Cork (UCC) & University of Oxford Professor of Physics, Séamus Davis, has led a team of experimental physicists in the discovery of the magnetic noise generated by a fluid of magnetic monopoles.

In a world first, the team created a magnetic-field-noise spectrometer which allows magnetic monopole noise to be audible to human perception.

For the research, published in Nature today, Professor Davis worked as part of an international collaboration alongside Stephen J Blundell at the University of Oxford, who led the theoretical physicists, in developing a new approach to detecting and studying 'emergent' magnetic monopoles.

On the exciting breakthrough, Professor Davis said: "Scientists will now be able to study novel aspects of the physics of magnetic monopoles, which are fundamentally important but highly elusive elementary particles, for the first time."

Magnetic monopoles are elementary particles exhibiting quantized magnetic charge, with improved prospects for studying them in recent years with the theoretical realisation that, in certain classes of magnetic insulators the thermally excited states exhibit all the characteristics of magnetic monopoles.

Last year, Blundell and his colleagues Dr. Franziska Kirschner and Dr. Felix Flicker predicted that the random motion of magnetic monopoles inside these compounds would generate a specific kind of magnetization noise. Any crystal of one of these magnetic insulators should be spontaneously generating wildly and randomly fluctuating magnetic fields. However, the catch was that the magnitudes of such fields were predicted to be near one billionth of the Earth's field.

In response, Davis and his colleague Dr. Ritika Dusad built an exquisitely sensitive magnetic-field-noise spectrometer based on a superconducting quantum interference device—a SQUID. Virtually all the predicted features of the magnetic noise coming from a dense fluid of magnetic monopoles were then discovered emerging from crystals of Dy2Ti2O7.

Extraordinarily, because this magnetic monopole noise occurs in the frequency range below 20kHz, when amplified by the SQUID it is actually audible to humans.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st August 2019), BMJ (4th July 2019), Cara (4th July 2019), DeDukshyn (2nd August 2019), Hervé (1st August 2019), seko (4th July 2019), Sophocles (1st August 2019), ulli (4th July 2019), Valerie Villars (4th July 2019), what is a name? (1st August 2019)

27. Link to Post #15
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,481 times in 1,331 posts

I wonder if the discovery described in the article below is related.

Perhaps the magnetic alignment in these ancient statues is an example of a people having a fragmentary / decayed knowledge of a once known, and rather sophisticated, technology of magnetism.

Quote The Mesoamerican attraction to magnetism
    By Peter Reuell Harvard Staff WriterJuly 29, 2019

Magnetic scans performed on potbelly sculptures from Monte Alto, Guatemala, now housed in La Democracia, Guatemala, revealed for the first time that they were originally magnetized by lightning strikes pre-dating the carving process.

Study suggests they both understood the phenomenon and had uses for it

The purpose of Mesoamerican potbelly statues have been the subject of debate among anthropologists for decades: Are they depictions of the ruling elite? A way to honor dead ancestors? Or perhaps portrayals of women giving birth?

As the various theories wound their way through academic circles, the surprising discovery four decades ago that many of the statues, found in Guatemala, are magnetized in certain spots added a new dimension to those discussions.

And a Harvard study suggests that where those areas show up is no accident.

Led by Assistant Professor of Earth and Planetary Sciences Roger Fu, a team of researchers has shown that artisans carved the figures so that the magnetic areas fell at the navel or right temple — suggesting not only that Mesoamerican people were familiar with the concept of magnetism but also that they had some way of detecting the magnetized spots. The study is described in an April 12 paper published in the Journal of Archaeological Science.

“Our direct observation is that there are magnetic anomalies consistently on certain features of these sculptures,” Fu said. “And the question we asked is whether this is consistent with random chance, or does it require some knowledge or some awareness of where those anomalies are?

“There’s some chance it could happen randomly, but as we find more and more sculptures that are aligned like this, the smaller than likelihood is,” he continued. “In this paper, we looked at four, and we found a less than 1 percent chance that this wasn’t intentional.”

A close study of the anomalies, Fu said, showed they could only have been caused by one source — lightning.

“All rocks contain magnetic minerals,” he said. “If you go outside and pick up any random rock, it is magnetic. It’s just very, very weakly magnetic. These rocks are basalts from the highlands of Guatemala, and they happen to contain quite a bit of magnetite, as well as other magnetic minerals.”

Rocks typically become magnetized as they cool, and minerals like magnetite, hematite, and iron sulfides become aligned with Earth’s magnetic field. While that process can create detectable magnetic fields, Fu said they are usually not even strong enough to move a compass needle.

The fields found in the statues, however, are far stronger — in some cases nearly four times that of the Earth’s magnetic field.

The sculptures may have represented people's ancestors — and showed signed of being magnetized.

“What happened here is that these rocks were struck by lightning sometime between when they were formed many thousands of years ago, and when they were carved,” Fu said. “Because lightning is an electric current, it produces very strong magnetic fields, many orders of magnitude stronger than normal … and we believe the ancient Mesoamerican people were able to detect these anomalies.

It’s uncertain exactly how they detected the anomalies, but earlier research had turned up evidence that Mesoamericans may have used lodestones — naturally magnetized rocks — for a variety of purposes.

“In one case, in 1975, people discovered a hematite-rich bar,” Fu said. “Its purpose was unknown, and it was broken, but it was clearly very carefully made.

“If you were to tie it on a string or float it on a piece of wood, it actually could act as a compass needle,” he added. “If the makers of these sculptures had access to a tool like that, that’s one way they could have detected them.”

And though the study suggests that ancient Mesoamerican people had knowledge of magnetism and how to detect it, it leaves unanswered the question of why the figures were carved to highlight their magnetism.

“The short answer is we don’t have a good idea for the exact reason they did this,” Fu said. “There are some hypotheses which are quite intriguing … that involve digging into why we think people made these sculptures.

“Probably the most successful idea is that they might represent some depiction of the ancestors of the ruling elites,” he continued. “The idea is: If you have some claim to power, sculptures of your ancestors with strong magnetic anomalies could appear very impressive to your subjects. The word people use in the literature is that there’s a performative aspect to these sculptures, so when the sculptures deflected a magnetized stone, it would appear as though there was something alive with it, or some supernatural aspect to it.”

Ultimately, Fu said, the study offers key evidence that an understanding of magnetism existed in the Americas far earlier than first believed.

“In the Old World, there was some documentation of magnetism in the Greek world by the sixth century B.C., and the first usable compass wasn’t until centuries later in China,” he said. “To me, what’s really interesting is this is a completely independent discovery. There’s a perception that the Old World is the advanced world and transferred all this knowledge to the New one, but we are realizing that they knew a lot, and I think this is one more piece of evidence for that.”

This research was supported with funding from NASA.
    From: https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/sto...ths-magnetism/

How interesting:
    Quote surprising discovery four decades ago
    Quote This research was supported with funding from NASA.
    *I have loved the stars too dearly to be fearful of the night*

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st August 2019), DeDukshyn (2nd August 2019), Hervé (1st August 2019), Sophocles (1st August 2019), Valerie Villars (1st August 2019), what is a name? (1st August 2019)

29. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,520 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by witchy1 (here)
    Tibetan Sound Levitation Of Large Stones Witnessed By ScientistExcerpt from 'Anti-gravity and the World Grid' edited by D.H.Childress, ch.8, Acoustic levitation of stones by Bruce Cathie, pp. 213-217

When the stone was in position the monk behind the small drum gave a signal to start the concert. The small drum had a very sharp sound, and could be heard even with the other instruments making a terrible din. All the monks were singing and chanting a prayer, slowly increasing the tempo of this unbelievable noise. During the first four minutes nothing happened, then as the speed of the drumming, and the noise, increased, the big stone block started to rock and sway, and suddenly it took off into the air with an increasing speed in the direction of the platform in front of the cave hole 250 metres high. After three minutes of ascent it landed on the platform.

http://www.crystalinks.com/levitationtibet.html

There is a picture somewhere - Ill see if I can find it.

Here is the ATS thread on it - lots of links etc. http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread536541/pg1

you can also google tibetan sound levitation - lots of hits.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Carmody (1st August 2019), Constance (2nd August 2019), DeDukshyn (2nd August 2019), Hervé (1st August 2019), Sophocles (1st August 2019), what is a name? (1st August 2019), Yoda (1st August 2019)

+ Reply to Thread