+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 6 LastLast

Thread: All about TURMERIC

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,180 times in 550 posts

Default Re: All about TURMERIC

I have just been informed that turmeric works much better when combined with black pepper (because it enhances its absorption).
    Also, it seems that adding a little bit of fat increases its absorption into the lymphatic system.

So, what I am doing now is making a mini-soup of turmeric and black pepper, with a spoon of cold-pressed coconut oil.

Just thought you'd like to know.

P.S. I do not have any specific links (I was told this personally), but it should be easy enough to find on the web.
    ET SI OMNES, EGO NON

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NeverMind For This Post:

Seikou-Kishi (9th January 2012)

3. Link to Post #22
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hi Never Mind,

Yes in Ayurveda it's combined with fat and balck pepper to increase the absorption as the piperine in the black pepper makes the curcuminoids more available and they are also fat soluable as opposed to water soluable.

My mum, dad and sister have been taking it for two weeks now and I can honestly say it's quite incredible. They almost seem like they are on turmeric highs! My sister says that she felt better the day after taking it and has been feeling good ever since, and it has had a dramatc effect on increasing my Mum's level of optimism. We are all taking it in hot water just before breakfast which has a fat compnent so I am hoping this has an impact on the bioavailability of the active components.

I really think it's a remarkable spice and has been used by the Chinese to treat depression for thousands of years. So in this part of the world where the winters are dark and gloomy it seems to be working on SAD as well as candida overgrowth. I have to say that it has also managed my weight over the holidays. I was taking it every morning and then pretty much eating what I wanted during the day including cheese and sweet stuff and I have not gained any weight. It inhibits the growth of blood vessels into new fat tissue so I read, that's also the impact it has on tumours, so the turmeric stops them from growing as it prevents them from getting a blood supply.

Much love and enjoy your turmeric high!

xxx T

PS I have a feeling also that it works on the energy/feeling body. This may the impact that it has in clearing up the gut flora (and fauna!) but I am much more aware of my feelings and intuition. I have noticed in myself and in my family a much greater conscious awareness, an ability to speak that kindly and immediately, an increased optimism, better dealing with stress.
    Last edited by taliesin; 8th January 2012 at 20:16. Reason: additional info

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to taliesin For This Post:

Eram (8th July 2013), NeverMind (8th January 2012), Seikou-Kishi (9th January 2012)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,180 times in 550 posts

Thank you very much, Taliesin!
    There's nothing like personal corroboration. :-)
    Last edited by NeverMind; 8th January 2012 at 20:18.
    ET SI OMNES, EGO NON

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NeverMind For This Post:

Eram (8th July 2013), Seikou-Kishi (9th January 2012), taliesin (9th January 2012)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,960 times in 381 posts

Taliesin,

quote: "I know of one athlete who uses up to four teaspoons before running to help with his joints and he swears by it."

Wow, 4 teaspoons at a time!!- ' a braver man then me, ghunga din'!

Might also explain how his running performance might be enhanced?.
    He cannot wait to get to the finish line!!........lol
    'F.E.A.R.' - is an acronym = 'False Expectations Appearing Real'

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CeltMan For This Post:

taliesin (9th January 2012)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,951 times in 812 posts

For absorption have you looked at cayenne?
    Why not now?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nomadguy For This Post:

Seikou-Kishi (9th January 2012), Swanette (9th January 2012), taliesin (9th January 2012)

11. Link to Post #26
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hey people,

I just want to say that I weighed myself this morning and my weight is unchanged since the 6th Dec. My body fat percentage has increased by 0.3%. I am uttterly amazed.

I started taking turmeric on 9th Dec. I put the weight management solely down to taking the turmeric. I have been unable to do any excersise even any significant walking for nearly two years because of an injury and I ate cheese, puddiings, refined carbs (I am sure there was HFCS and trans fats in some of the food), chocolate (lots of it), cake, roast potatoes, drank alcohol etc etc.

I know I keep going on about it, but I urge everyone to try taking turmeric for a week and see if it works for you. It's one thing reading about it and knowing all the amazing things that it does and maybe taking it from time to time in a tincture or supplement for pain relief, it's entirely another taking it every day.

To Celtman, that guy was a hard core, long distance runner.

To Nomadguy and Nevermind, I tried a teeny little bit of ground black pepper in my turmeric tea this morning. I really hate black pepper but couldn't really taste it. I have to say as well I am getting to really quite enjoy the turmeric tea i.e. in hot water, bizarrely (except the bit at the bottom, which I chug). Thanks for the pointer to Cayenne pepper Nomadguy, I love it, but taking it in a tea with turmeric first thing in the morning is an advanced stage at which I am not ... well yet anyway.

Much love and golden blessings

xxx T

12. The Following User Says Thank You to taliesin For This Post:

Eram (8th July 2013)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,331 times in 1,296 posts

Does anybody have any idea what type of fat would be best used? Sure, if it's lipophilic, it's lipophilic but is there any specific fat that is used? Is oil ok? If so, I think I'd just take it with oil, maybe with a bit of cayenne and black pepper. Absolutely hate pepper though lol

Quote Posted by taliesin (here)
    I just want to say that I weighed myself this morning and my weight is unchanged since the 6th Dec. My body fat percentage has increased by 0.3%. I am uttterly amazed.
    I don't understand this. Your weight hasn't changed, but your body fat percentage has increased? That surely suggests that something else is decreasing? What is decreasing to account for the lack of change in weight? All I can think is that your weight has changed, but your scales aren't sensitive enough to register the change.

Is it good that your body fat percentage is increasing? Most people I know who have an issue with their body fat percentage could probably do with it going the other way lol. I hope I'm not being rude, but if you've been unable to exercise for two years and you've eaten cheese, puddings and refined carbs (presumably among other things lol) chances are you could be one them, so I wonder why an increase in body fat is a good thing?

This is probably going to be something very obvious that I'm just not seeing. Sorry :D

I know I keep going on about it, but I urge everyone to try taking turmeric for a week and see if it works for you. It's one thing reading about it and knowing all the amazing things that it does and maybe taking it from time to time in a tincture or supplement for pain relief, it's entirely another taking it every day.
    Based on your enthusiastic posts, I've actually just taken my first lot (say half an hour ago) and I'm going to give it a try. I thought, like you, I should take it first thing in the morning and from tomorrow morning that's what I intend to do, but I actually couldn't bring myself to wait until tomorrow to start.

To Nomadguy and Nevermind, I tried a teeny little bit of ground black pepper in my turmeric tea this morning. I really hate black pepper but couldn't really taste it. I have to say as well I am getting to really quite enjoy the turmeric tea i.e. in hot water, bizarrely (except the bit at the bottom, which I chug). Thanks for the pointer to Cayenne pepper Nomadguy, I love it, but taking it in a tea with turmeric first thing in the morning is an advanced stage at which I am not ... well yet anyway.
    I hate black pepper too, so I think I'll try with cayenne pepper. I've only tried it once and I took it your way (hot water and then cold to cool), but I think I'm going to try making a paste or 'sauce' mixing turmeric, cayenne pepper and almond oil.
    Last edited by Seikou-Kishi; 9th January 2012 at 23:12.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Post:

Eram (8th July 2013)

15. Link to Post #28
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hey Seikou-Kishi,

Thanks so much for your comments. Basically I was expecting to have gained weight and increased the fat % over the holidays. I am amazed that I haven't gained any overall weight and the increase in the fat % is very small 0.3%, maybe due to a decrease in water content or lean muscle mass. Either way its not at all serious and will be rectified in a couple of days. I thought because of eating all the stuff that I normally wouldn't touch, the damage would have been in the 5lbs range but it wasn't and I put that down to the turmeric because it's the only differing factor from other years when I would normally have gained several pounds. Basically I thought it would have been much worse. I hope that clarifies it?

Really good luck with trying it out. I haven't tried the paste thing yet as I am just taking baby steps really. The tea seems easier and therefore I am more likely to continue doing it. Maybe I will graduate to the paste. But please do let me know how you get on with it, I'll be really interested to know.

Love and blessings,

T xxx
    Last edited by taliesin; 9th January 2012 at 23:51.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taliesin For This Post:

Eram (8th July 2013), Seikou-Kishi (10th January 2012)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,331 times in 1,296 posts

Oh! I see now! I knew it would be something obvious lol. It's always the obvious bits I miss lol. No an increase in body fat percentage over the Christmas/New Year period of 0.3% is something most people would envy :D

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Post:

Eram (8th July 2013)

19. Link to Post #30
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Seikou-Kishi (here)
    Oh! I see now! I knew it would be something obvious lol. It's always the obvious bits I miss lol. No an increase in body fat percentage over the Christmas/New Year period of 0.3% is something most people would envy :D
    No worries at all. Oh and I think that the EV coconut oil might be the best to take it with as its also anti-fungal. It's working well in water before a breakfast with eggs, so it just depends on how potent you want it to be.

Bless you

xT

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taliesin For This Post:

Eram (8th July 2013), Seikou-Kishi (10th January 2012)

21. Link to Post #31
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

HEy Seikou-Kishi,

Just wondering how you are getting on with the turmeric and how it's working with you?

xxx

22. The Following User Says Thank You to taliesin For This Post:

Eram (8th July 2013)

23. Link to Post #32
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,979 times in 5,652 posts

Bumping the dead thread, awesome video.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

24. The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Eram (8th July 2013)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

i had no trouble sharing the site on FB,
    just linked it then

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/substance/turmeric
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

26. The Following User Says Thank You to astrid For This Post:

Eram (8th July 2013)

27. Link to Post #34
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

500 Reasons Turmeric May Be The World's Most Important Herb

July 2nd 2012

There is a medicinal spice so timelessly interwoven with the origins of human culture and metabolism, so thoroughly supported by modern scientific inquiry, as to be unparalleled in its proven value to human health and well-being.

Indeed, turmeric turns the entire drug-based medical model on its head.

Instead of causing more side effects than therapeutic ones – which you can read any drug insert to see is a universally true phenomenon and which ensures the infinite expansion of the pharmaceutical market and all the associated medical services – it has several hundred potential side benefits.

While no food or herb is right for everyone, and everything has the potential for unintended, adverse side effects, turmeric is truly unique in its exceptionally high margin of safety vis-ŕ-vis the drugs it has been compared with, e.g. hydrocortisone, ibuprofen, chemotherapy agents. Furthermore, nothing within the modern-day pharmaceutical armamentarium comes even remotely close to turmeric’s 6,000 year track record of safe use in Ayurvedic medicine.

Despite its vast potential for alleviating human suffering, turmeric will never receive the FDA stamp of approval, due to its lack of exclusivity, patentability and therefore profitability. Truth be told, the FDA’s "gold standard" for proving the value of a prospective medicinal substance betrays the age old aphorism: "he who owns the gold makes the rules," and unless an investor is willing to risk losing the 800+ million dollars that must be spent upfront, the FDA-required multi-phased double-blind, randomized clinical trials will not occur. For additional details on this rather seedy arrangement read our article on the topic: Why The Law Forbids The Medicinal Use of Natural Substances.

Here at GreenMedInfo.com, we have reviewed over 4,000 study abstracts from the National Library of Medicine’s bibliographic database known as MEDLINE and have discovered over 580 potential health benefits of turmeric, and/or its primary polyphenol known as curcumin. These can be viewed on our turmeric research page which is dedicated to disseminating the research on the topic to a larger audience.

Some of the most amazing demonstrated properties include:
    • Destroying Multi-Drug Resistant Cancer
    • Destroying Cancer Stem Cells (arguably, the root of all cancer)
    • Protecting Against Radiation-Induced Damage
    • Reducing Unhealthy Levels of Inflammation
    • Protecting Against Heavy Metal Toxicity
    • Preventing and Reversing Alzheimer’s Disease Associated Pathologies
    Again, what is so amazing is not that turmeric may have value in six conditions simultaneously, or that it may improve conditions that are completely resistant to conventional treatment, but that there are over five-hundred and eighty additional health conditions it may also be valuable in preventing and/or treating.

Consider also the fact that turmeric grows freely on the Earth, and you will understand why its very existence threatens a trillion-dollar plus conventional medical establishment.

Learn more about this research in the video below, and please spread the information to others who may benefit from learning more on the topic

https://youtube.com/watch?v=s2AZO...layer_embedded

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/can...uman-suffering
    Last edited by jackovesk; 6th July 2012 at 03:24.

28. Link to Post #35
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Thanks for this information. I have taken Turmeric as a supplement in the past but this is a good reminder as to its value.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to amym For This Post:

jackovesk (8th July 2012)

30. Link to Post #36
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,269 times in 905 posts

Don't bother taking the irriadiated crap that is found on most supermarket shevles.
    That stuff contains virtually none of the beneficial health properties mentioned in the O.P.
    If you're going to use tumeric, make sure it's certified organic tumeric - otherwise you're just wasting your time (and money).

31. Link to Post #37
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,405 times in 1,148 posts

Thanks Jacko. I'm so inspired, I'm going to try to get a fresh root or whole plant so I can grow it in my food & medicine forest

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cjay For This Post:

jackovesk (8th July 2012), mattymoto (6th July 2012)

33. Link to Post #38
    United States Avalon Member mattymoto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Cjay (here)
    Thanks Jacko. I'm so inspired, I'm going to try to get a fresh root or whole plant so I can grow it in my food & medicine forest
    I second that.

Jacko you radiate the light of an honest truth warrior. Thank you for being.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to mattymoto For This Post:

jackovesk (8th July 2012)

35. Link to Post #39
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,204 times in 958 posts

I have been taking tumeric everyday for the last three years. I initially started to take it because I was exposed to a parafin based grease solvent. This basically caused massive skin issues. I researched skin remedies and found out that African men used it to cure ingrown hairs from shaving etc. It really worked and made my recovery so rapid that the doctor freaked out. It also caused the scarring to be much less severe. Along with that I have noted its use as a pain killer or anti-inflammatory as well. Tumeric works.

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cartomancer For This Post:

Caren (7th July 2012), Eram (6th July 2012), genevieve (6th July 2012), jackovesk (8th July 2012), jjjones (6th July 2012), music (7th July 2012), Swan (6th July 2012)

37. Link to Post #40
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,151 times in 3,856 posts

Ever since it was brought up on this forum I've been adding it to my food. And if I have a headache I take a little on the tip of my finger. It's good stuff....

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

Caren (7th July 2012), Eram (6th July 2012), jackovesk (8th July 2012), jjjones (6th July 2012), Swan (6th July 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 6 LastLast