+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 3 6 LastLast

Thread: All about TURMERIC

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Avalon Member Ariel's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: All about TURMERIC

Thanks for posting this. My husband told me his mother (they are Laotian) has used Turmeric when him or his siblings were sick. He did mention she would make them drink the boiled root too. I love turmeric as well, it has many uses.
    When someone asks what race I am, I answer: The Human race. For it is our race, religion, philosophy and opinions that separate us. But when you see beyond their difference and make them an equal, you begin to experience humanity as one.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ariel For This Post:

Caren (7th July 2012), Eram (7th July 2012), jackovesk (8th July 2012), jjjones (6th July 2012), Maia Gabrial (7th July 2012)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,795 times in 1,163 posts

Quote Posted by D-DAY (here)
    Don't bother taking the irriadiated crap that is found on most supermarket shevles.
    That stuff contains virtually none of the beneficial health properties mentioned in the O.P.
    If you're going to use tumeric, make sure it's certified organic tumeric - otherwise you're just wasting your time (and money).
    Good reminder, this is true of all important medicinal herbs, and also for obtaining the medicinal benefits of foods. If it's not organic, don't expect anything other than empty calories.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to music For This Post:

D-Day (7th July 2012), Eram (7th July 2012), jackovesk (8th July 2012)

5. Link to Post #43
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,979 times in 5,652 posts

I eat one small organic turmeric root once a weak raw, this is the way to go raw. Turmeric is a phenomenal herb. One of the best. The only negative thing about turmeric is your teeth will turn yellow for a few hours as well as your tongue if you eat it raw. A little embarassing if your around people. Its also bitter to the taste.
    Last edited by WhiteFeather; 7th July 2012 at 03:25.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Eram (7th July 2012), jackovesk (8th July 2012)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,038 times in 1,437 posts

Quote Posted by WhiteFeather (here)
    I eat one small organic turmeric root once a weak raw, this is the way to go raw. Turmeric is a phenomenal herb. One of the best. The only negative thing about turmeric is your teeth will turn yellow for a few hours as well as your tongue if you eat it raw. A little embarassing if your around people. Its also bitter to the taste.
    Way to go Whitefeather!!!

If one wants to avoid the yellow teeth, tongue and bitter taste, one can also consider to make a fruitsmoothy every other day in which you can add all sorts of beneficial additives like Turmeric, ginger, bee pollen, omega 3 & 6 oil etc.
    I make them with a few peace's of fruit, nuts (almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts), seeds like pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds etc., some oatmeal and berries. All organic of course.
    Mix them with water, some yoghurt or fresh cheese in the blender and voilà.... a healthy fine tasting smoothy with everything in it.
    Last edited by Eram; 7th July 2012 at 07:13.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eram For This Post:

jackovesk (8th July 2012), Swan (7th July 2012)

9. Link to Post #45
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

Turmeric is in Curry, many people eat bean and cheese burritos for a quick meal, by adding Curry and Garlic, (Minced, not salt) it lowers blood pressure and aids the full respiratory system...

only 1 time a week makes a difference, you don't need to eat it for every meal...

methane is bad for the ozone...

10. Link to Post #46
    United States Avalon Member jagman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,322 times in 1,900 posts

Health Benfits of Curry
    While curry might be great for tantalizing your taste buds, did you know that there are also many health benefits to this zesty mix of spices?

While curry, or curry powder is actually a mixture of any number of spices, one main spice in most curry powders is turmeric. This is the spice that gives curry it’s yellow color and is also responsible, at least in part, for some of the health benefits of curried dishes.

Among the health benefits of curry is that of reducing inflammation of the joints. In fact, recent research shows that turmeric helped to prevent the swelling of joints in rats that had arthritis. And it’s not only arthritis that it may be helpful for. Other studies suggest that this powerful spice may also help protect us against cancer, heart disease and even Alzheimer’s disease.

11. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to jagman For This Post:

Billy (5th September 2013), Caren (6th September 2013), Ernie Nemeth (5th September 2013), GaelVictor (6th September 2013), Gardener (5th September 2013), GCS1103 (6th September 2013), heyokah (6th September 2013), Kimberley (6th September 2013), Maia Gabrial (5th September 2013), NancyV (6th September 2013), northstar (5th September 2013), shadowstalker (5th September 2013), Snookie (5th September 2013), Sunny-side-up (5th September 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (5th September 2013), ulli (6th September 2013), Wind (5th September 2013), Woody (5th September 2013)

12. Link to Post #47
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,151 times in 3,856 posts

Good for headaches, too!

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

Caren (6th September 2013), jagman (5th September 2013), NancyV (6th September 2013), northstar (5th September 2013), Sunny-side-up (5th September 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (5th September 2013), Wind (5th September 2013), Woody (5th September 2013)

14. Link to Post #48
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,809 times in 2,892 posts

I thought we had an alternative meds section?
    Namaste-Matte

MY LATEST BOOK: "INTRUDERS UPON THE REALM"
    JOIN ME IN MY NEW ONGOING PROJECT
    My Bitchute
    My Music
    My Books
    Project: Shadowstalker

Once you get past the fear of darkness, you can find the things hidden in the shadows..

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shadowstalker For This Post:

jagman (5th September 2013), northstar (5th September 2013), Sunny-side-up (5th September 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (5th September 2013), Woody (5th September 2013)

16. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

Quote Posted by shadowstalker (here)
    I thought we had an alternative meds section?
    Curry is not a med it's a wonder spice but your probably right lol
    wrong section

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jagman For This Post:

northstar (5th September 2013), Sunny-side-up (5th September 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (5th September 2013), Woody (5th September 2013)

18. Link to Post #50
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,560 times in 5,028 posts

Turmeric is sacred, it is used in all the Hindu Temples. Cum Cum on the third eye when blessed. The Hindu Deities. And when you have your head shaved at the Temple they protect the head from the sun by covering with Turmeric. Wedding Ceremonies, Apart from medical they say Turmeric cleanses the Soul.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=hi...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Peace
    When you express from a fearful heart in the now moment, You create a fearful future.
    When you express from a loving heart in the now moment, You create a loving future.

Have no fear, Be aware and live your lives journey from a compassionate caring nurturing heart to manifest a compassionate caring nurturing future. Billyji

Peace

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

Caren (6th September 2013), jagman (5th September 2013), NancyV (6th September 2013), Snookie (5th September 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (5th September 2013), Wind (5th September 2013), Woody (5th September 2013)

20. Link to Post #51
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

I have a friend who uses turmeric.
    It's true that there are a lot of benefits.
    He said that it also helps you get more value from your food.

21. Link to Post #52
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,405 times in 466 posts

Quote Posted by billyji (here)
    Turmeric is sacred, it is used in all the Hindu Temples. Cum Cum on the third eye when blessed. The Hindu Deities. And when you have your head shaved at the Temple they protect the head from the sun by covering with Turmeric. Wedding Ceremonies, Apart from medical they say Turmeric cleanses the Soul.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=hi...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Peace
    That's good to hear- I probably have a very clean soul because I eat turmeric every day!! hahaha
    The 'rebellion' of the Mind, having the Mind run the show, is the Luciferian rebellion of wanting to leave Love-Christ-Heart behind and create a universe without the 'pesky feeling of the heart' holding it back
    ~ Tobias Lars

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to northstar For This Post:

Caren (6th September 2013), jagman (5th September 2013), meeradas (5th September 2013), NancyV (6th September 2013), Woody (5th September 2013)

23. Link to Post #53
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,809 times in 2,892 posts

I sometime wonder if we had not been convinced that herbs/roots/spice and the like are only foods and nothing more.
    I mean when you look at all the benefits of all the organic grown fruits and veggies and all the rest actually benefit us in one way or another.
    Think about it...
    Namaste-Matte

MY LATEST BOOK: "INTRUDERS UPON THE REALM"
    JOIN ME IN MY NEW ONGOING PROJECT
    My Bitchute
    My Music
    My Books
    Project: Shadowstalker

Once you get past the fear of darkness, you can find the things hidden in the shadows..

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shadowstalker For This Post:

genevieve (6th September 2013), jagman (5th September 2013), NancyV (6th September 2013), Woody (5th September 2013)

25. Link to Post #54
    Thanks

Here is a good link to a study on turmeric
    http://www.mightyturmeric.com/
    Last edited by jagman; 5th September 2013 at 20:42.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jagman For This Post:

Caren (6th September 2013), NancyV (6th September 2013), Reinhard (6th September 2013), Woody (5th September 2013)

27. Link to Post #55
    Unsubscribed
    the foothills of le Massif Central, France
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,829 times in 1,059 posts

One of my favorite spices.

Every morning I put quarter of a teaspoon in my yoghurt together with some dried fruits and nuts.

Good with fried eggs and in vegetable dishes.
    Put in an egg-salad it gives that extra yellow color.
    A great recipe for a cold sauce is; full yoghurt, mayonnaise, tumeric (curcuma), parsley, little lemon juice and lots of squeezed garlic.
    And add some to your smoothie too

Actually you can use curcuma in quite a lot of dishes

Here a great site for turmeric, or curcuma

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?t...id=78#preptips

28. Link to Post #56
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

I use curry, garlic and onions in almost every meal I make. Great cancer fighters.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Caren (6th September 2013), heyokah (5th September 2013), jagman (5th September 2013), NancyV (6th September 2013), ulli (6th September 2013), Woody (5th September 2013)

30. Link to Post #57
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,173 times in 13,485 posts

Quote Posted by jagman (here)
    Health Benfits of Curry
    While curry might be great for tantalizing your taste buds, did you know that there are also many health benefits to this zesty mix of spices?

While curry, or curry powder is actually a mixture of any number of spices, one main spice in most curry powders is turmeric. This is the spice that gives curry it’s yellow color and is also responsible, at least in part, for some of the health benefits of curried dishes.

Among the health benefits of curry is that of reducing inflammation of the joints. In fact, recent research shows that turmeric helped to prevent the swelling of joints in rats that had arthritis. And it’s not only arthritis that it may be helpful for. Other studies suggest that this powerful spice may also help protect us against cancer, heart disease and even Alzheimer’s disease.
    Cures colon cancer although the entire digestive track benefits from a regular intake of turmeric.
    The rate of colon cancer in India is 18 times lower than in the US, due to turmeric as a diet staple there.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Caren (6th September 2013), jagman (6th September 2013), NancyV (6th September 2013)

32. Link to Post #58
    United States Avalon Member GreenGuy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,951 times in 424 posts

The Amazing Turmeric Smoothie

Quote Who needs medication when nature gave us turmeric. Take a look at the incredible health benefits of this plant.

- Digestive Aid
    - Blood Purifier
    - Anti-inflammatory
    - Wound Healer
    - Skin Tonic
    - Analgesic
    - Anti-viral
    - Anti-bacterial
    - Anti-fungal
    - Antiseptic
    - Anti-carcinogenic
    - Fat Metabolizer
    - Cholesterol Reducer
    - Gas Reducer
    - Expectorant

Powdered turmeric has been used for centuries to treat a host of illnesses. It inhibits inflammatory reactions, has anti-diabetic effects, reduces cholesterol among other powerful health effects. A recent study led by a research team in Munich showed that it can also inhibit formation of metastases.

Curcumin, the natural pigment that gives the spice turmeric its yellow color, has increasingly come under the scientific spotlight in recent years, with studies investigating its potential health benefits.

Turmeric has a slightly bitter taste. By blending it with sweet fruit, you won’t even notice it in your smoothie. This recipe is so tasty and nutritious, you could have it daily.

Turmeric Smoothie Recipe

1 cup hemp or coconut milk
    1/2 cup frozen pineapple or mango chunks
    1 fresh banana
    1 tablespoon coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon turmeric (can be increased to 1 tsp)
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon ginger
    1 teaspoon chia seeds
    1 teaspoon maca (optional)

This recipe is best consumed in the morning on an empty stomach. Not only will it increase your energy for the first half of the day, but it will clear your mind and infuse your body with some of the most powerful antioxidants in the world. Now that’s a great breakast idea!

Karen Foster is a holistic nutritionist, avid blogger, with five kids and an active lifestyle that keeps her in pursuit of the healthiest path towards a life of balance.
    Dammit, honey! You left the seat down again!

33. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to GreenGuy For This Post:

applepie (8th February 2014), Arc (9th February 2014), astridmari (15th February 2014), binemaya (8th February 2014), DeDukshyn (15th February 2014), delaware (8th February 2014), Ecnal61 (8th February 2014), gnostic9 (8th February 2014), halffull (9th February 2014), Hazel (8th February 2014), heyokah (8th February 2014), Holly Lindin (9th February 2014), Marie (9th February 2014), markenty13 (9th February 2014), MorningSong (15th February 2014), mpod001 (8th February 2014), ponda (26th April 2014), Richard S. (8th February 2014), shadowstalker (15th February 2014), Sidney (8th February 2014), sigma6 (8th February 2014), Watching from Cyprus (9th February 2014)

34. Link to Post #59
    England Avalon Member markenty13's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, that does look tasty, will be giving it a try this week, Thanks for posting

35. Link to Post #60
    United States Avalon Member GreenGuy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,951 times in 424 posts

Tasty indeed. Tried it this week, only with one difference. Instead of powdered turmeric I used chunks of the root. I find it at Asian markets where it is called haldi. Expensive at health food stores if you can even find it, but I got 2 lbs for $3.
    Dammit, honey! You left the seat down again!

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenGuy For This Post:

DeDukshyn (16th February 2014), MorningSong (15th February 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 3 6 LastLast