+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 6

Thread: All about TURMERIC

1. Link to Post #101
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,204 times in 958 posts

Default Re: All about TURMERIC

I was exposed to industrial lubricants on a construction site about seven years ago. I had long hair and some of the people there thought it would be funny to spray this in my hardhat every day for a month or two. This nearly killed me and caused me to have to cut off my long hair. These types of lubricants make all the hair in the area of exposure ingrow and cause great irritation. As I researched this I found that many men who have trouble shaving due to ingrown hairs took tumeric and swear by it. I took this for about four years and it helped a great deal. So it works for skin issues as well! I am still suffering from this exposure now to some degree but it is getting better all the time.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cartomancer For This Post:

BMJ (2nd November 2016), Daozen (16th November 2016), Ewan (2nd November 2016), Foxie Loxie (10th November 2016), Ivanhoe (2nd November 2016), joeecho (2nd November 2016)

3. Link to Post #102
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

I had no idea Tumeric worked for skin issues as well! Thanks for the info!

4. Link to Post #103
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 times in 1,011 posts

Quote Posted by Foxie Loxie (here)
    Just a Head's Up to anyone suffering from arthritis in the back, as I was. I had been on up to 6 pain pills a day & now am down to NONE! I had read Tumeric was good for anyone who had had cancer, so started taking it a few months back. It has been a great unexpected result! Hope someone else can benefit from what I have learned!
    Foxie
    I read that the one group of people who need to avoid Tumeric are those with gallbladder problems. Have you heard anything to that effect?
    My mom suffers a lot of pain from severe osteoarthritis and neuropathy and she had her gallbladder removed. I wonder if that is ok then if you don't have a gallbladder.
    Also any feedback on tumeric interactions with common medications? Many older people are in pain but they are also taking meds for several things sometimes. Tumeric is one of several substances I would love to recommend to her for relief of pain but worrying they may react with some drug makes me not suggest too much which is sad.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (16th November 2016), Ivanhoe (17th November 2016)

6. Link to Post #104
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Hello Helene! Sorry your Mom is in pain; from my personal experience I can say I have had no bad side effects or reactions. Also, I had my gall bladder out back in 1974!! Big Pharma doesn't want us to realize there ARE natural products that can help us. Our Drs. are not allowed to tell us even if they know about it!
    I do hope this might be helpful for her.

Peace & Love!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

BMJ (18th November 2016), Ivanhoe (17th November 2016)

8. Link to Post #105
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 times in 1,011 posts

Hello Helene! Sorry your Mom is in pain; from my personal experience I can say I have had no bad side effects or reactions. Also, I had my gall bladder out back in 1974!! Big Pharma doesn't want us to realize there ARE natural products that can help us. Our Drs. are not allowed to tell us even if they know about it!

Peace & Love!
    Thanks Foxie. The fact that you had your gallbladder out the same as her makes me feel more confident to recommend this. XOX

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

BMJ (18th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (17th November 2016), Ivanhoe (17th November 2016)

10. Link to Post #106
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,463 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by joeecho (here)
    Looked up what BioPerine is from the Turmeric Curcumin I received:

BioPerine

Piperine, also known by its trademarked name, BioPerine, is an extract derived from black pepper, Piper Nigrum L, and long pepper, Piper longum L. Piperine is what gives peppers their spicy taste. This extract is marketed as a nutritional supplement and has been found to increase the absorption of a variety of nutrients.

Makes sense with what I read here and online.

Piperine, which is also manufactured by other companies, is often added to turmeric extracts - curcumin, to "enhance bio-availability". It is important to note the mechanism in which piperine helps in this regard - as the mechanism itself is a bit concerning for overall health. Firs, piperine is a highly concentrated form of the compound that gives pepper its spiciness. When we used to work with it, the staff used dust masks and full gown to ensure against irritation - potent stuff - only needed in small quantities (but not at all the same as adding a dash of pepper - it'd have to be an aweful lot of pepper).

How it works is a bit like this:
    They method your body uses to get rid of unwanted molecules - toxins for example, is to have special molecules (maybe enzymes? not sure what they are) go around "tagging" these unwanted molecules with some additional material. The liver then recognizes these and prepares them for elimination either through bile or by having them excreted through urine. Curcumin is a molecule that the body does not recognize as something it needs, therefore, whatever curcumin molecules can even get through the gut wall (another issue), will be actively tagged for immediate elimination, before the molecule can get to the target site.

This, along with the issue of it not easily getting through the gut wall, is the compound reason why curcumin / turmeric is so hard to get to work to its potential via an oral supplement. So where does piperine come in? Piperine makes less effective the entities responsible for doing the "tagging" of unwanted molecules (including toxins) in the body, therefore allowing curcumin a longer life within the body -- hopefully enough to reach the target area. Herein lies the problem, the activity of piperine on this part of the detoxification system does not differentiate between curcumin and any other toxin. This may well be problematic for overall health - especially for long term use.

There are other technologies that have been proven to both get curcumin through the gut and to hide it from the detox system; one would have to do some research in this area.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 17th November 2016 at 03:47.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

BMJ (18th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (19th November 2016), Ivanhoe (17th November 2016), joeecho (17th November 2016), Lettherebelight (26th November 2016)

12. Link to Post #107
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

Quote Posted by Helene West (here)

Peace & Love!
    Thanks Foxie. The fact that you had your gallbladder out the same as her makes me feel more confident to recommend this. XOX
    My gallbladder was removed as well and I take copious amounts of turmeric. The use of digestive enzymes and bile salts may help in the assimilation and digestion. Something highly recommended for all who have been mutilated by the surgeons. Many doctors are moving away from gallbladder surgery after finding that the issue can be remedied without extreme measures. They have it wrong anyway. There are no gallstones. They are liver stones, dumped into the gall sac along with bile. Cleansing the liver is key.

The Standard Process AF Betafood will aid tremendously in preventing gall attacks and stone development.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

BMJ (26th November 2016), Ewan (19th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (19th November 2016), Michelle Marie (4th May 2018)

14. Link to Post #108
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Also read something about Apple Cider Vinegar (usually recommends Braggs ACV with the Mother) --
    It needs to be mixed with equal parts of either Molasses or Honey -- I use honey.

IT DOESN'T WORK IF YOU TAKE HBP MEDICINE because it all has a diuretic and washes away everything each time you take it.

Within four days you'll know if the tonic works for you -- check on line for the dosage -- and check with your doctor as to whether or not you can take it -- usually they agree because it's natural.

The dose I used was Two teaspoons of Cider and two teaspoons of Honey in a glass of water -- probably about a cup or so of water.
    Mix together and take with meals 3X a day for a week --

Then switch to one tablespoon of ACV and one tablespoon of Honey only 2X a day.

That's it -- if you're lucky it will work for you.

Good luck!

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Curious77 For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (26th November 2016), Lettherebelight (26th November 2016), Michelle Marie (4th May 2018)

16. Link to Post #109
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,400 times in 32,916 posts

Hi, Folks: I was researching Turmeric, found 8 quality threads from a few years back, and I've just merged them all into one.

I'm far from an expert (which is why I wanted to do some reading!), but as a simple summary, from everything I can gather three things are needed to optimize and ensure absorption:
    • Add some black pepper. (Freshly ground is better.)
    • Mix it with healthy fat or oil. (This also helps to minimize any peppery taste.)
    • Heating it isn't critical, but that does help absorption further.
    There's a lot more about this earlier in the thread, of course. This may now be a very useful combined resource.

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 4th May 2018 at 11:24.

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (4th May 2018), Baby Steps (4th May 2018), Bob (5th May 2018), Ewan (4th May 2018), Foxie Loxie (4th May 2018), kanishk (5th May 2018), lisalu (6th May 2018), Michelle Marie (4th May 2018), Omi (4th May 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 6