+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: A Strange Occurrence of Sleep Paralysis

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,015 times in 215 posts

Default Re: A Strange Occurrence of Sleep Paralysis

I have had many episodes of awakening and being paralyzed over the years, they get easier with practice..
    The worst happened somewhere around the age of 30..

I was driving several hundred kms during the night and decided to find somewhere to pull over and sleep in the car.
    At the time I thought I would be safe at the back of a police station in a car park.
    Feeling a little uneasy I finally managed to drift off to sleep..

I awoke the next morning to find I was unable to move and I knew I was not alone, there was a presence around or outside the car
    Terrified and unable to do anything I just lay there reclined in the drivers seat
    There was not a single part of my body that i could move and my eyes were glued shut

Eventually I was able to peel my eyes open and begin moving my mouth..
    Parts of my body slowly started returning like my fingertips, toes etc..

I don't know if it was for 5 minutes or 20 minutes but it was not fun..
    Looking back I think the back of that police station had a few nasties about!

You cannot fight it, just accept, relax and try let go of the fear is my advice
    Leave no stone unturned...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Timreh For This Post:

Eram (8th June 2012), Seikou-Kishi (8th June 2012)

3. Link to Post #42
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,230 times in 3,216 posts

Quote Posted by Syd (here)
    I would feel a weight on my chest or couldn't breath very well which was terrifying
    Quote Posted by mntruthseeker(Avalon Senior Member)
    It felt like something was sitting on my chest and I couldn't move, scream or even open my eyes. (source)
    Quote Posted by WhiteFeather (here)
    it felt like something was sitting on my chest for about 2 minutes or so my heart was racing incredibly too.
    Quote Posted by Thinking Allowed (here)
    there was a blue/transparent light being/entity sat on my chest which was vaguely similar to the monster from the 50's sci-fi film 'Lost in Space'.
    Quote Posted by Becky (here)
    had some awful awakenings to something nasty and heavy sitting on my chest.
    Quote Posted by Davidallany (here)
    it was quicker than me and pinned me down so hard I couldn't breath, as though it was sitting on my chest
    Quote Posted by Jake (here)
    I can tell you about the same chest pressure and, yes, the same 'demon' that your friend saw.
    Quote Posted by Amysenthia (here)
    a presence would be pushing on neck and head in a way that would feel like they were trying to break my neck.
    Quote Posted by RUSirius (here)
    the only time I felt a presence is when its "hands" were around my neck, that was about 1.5 years ago, in addition while these "hands" were around my neck I could here sinister laughing going on.
    Quote Posted by She-Ra (Avalon Senior Member)
    the 'Old Hag Syndrome' where many people see an old woman sitting on the edge of their bed on their feet or sometimes as an unbearable weight on their chest making it hard to breathe. She may be an old hag and you may think scrawny but honey, nuh-uh, this old gal weighs a ton, you can try to squirm, you can try to push and scream but she ain't goin' nowhere. (source)
    See The Entity (2001 documentary film is produced by Jago Lee and directed by Mark Soldinger):

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

Amysenthia (1st March 2014)

5. Link to Post #43
    United States Avalon Member Amysenthia's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 times in 372 posts

I can appreciate all of the experiences reported here. Listening to them brings back the horror felt when these episodes happened to me.

Please allow me to share with everyone how I managed to get them to stop!

The way my experience went is that I would feel a sinister presence, (not male or female), that would be hovering over my upper body. I never saw a being, black shadow, etc. I just felt the pressure bearing down on my head/neck area to a point that I thought that my neck would snap. I would wake up feeling completely drained.

I never remember as a child/teenager having a good nights rest. So I dreaded the night each time I laid in my bed. As a student in school I was sent to the Principals office on many occasions to speak with the school counselor about why I was always sleeping in class. Of course I could never tell them about my nightly issues. I would just say I didn't know Why I was always so tired. Since I was an A student without really having to try hard I would tell them that I was bored.

I managed to stop these, what I call, Energy drain sessions when I had one week of a particularly difficult stretch of "episodes" of the strangling sessions. I had just had another of many arguments with my Stepmother, I was about 13 at the time. ( My biological mother died when I was 10 years old). I went to bed just emotionally/physically drained in every way. Tired and mad at the world. On this night when "IT" came I felt the neck pressing start and when it got to the point that I thought my neck was going to break instead of the usual horror, fear response that I would normally have had I just didn't care. I could almost feel the taunting as it let up and then pushed a little harder. At this point I could feel that this was really going to be it this time. Still I just did not care and I even remember that I thought. "Go ahead, do it, I just don't care anymore". At this time I heard, and this was the only time I ever heard this thing in any way, let out a "SHREAK". It was a high pitched sound like an animal touching something really "hot". I then felt it come back and start to attempt to push down on my head/neck again and again I sent out the I don't care feeling. It then abruptly left.

About one week later it came back. As I started feeling the pressure I remembered the last episode and forced myself not to "Fear what was happening". I could feel its anger at not being able to what I call "feed". After this it left and never came back.

This has led me to believe that whatever this thing is it is coming to feed on our fear. Don't fear and it will leave you alone. I know this may sound easier said then done. Just try it and see if you are a person that this is happening to.
    Last edited by Amysenthia; 1st March 2014 at 17:59.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Amysenthia For This Post:

Atlas (1st March 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3