+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Carnivora - Has anyone heard of or tried this?

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Carnivora - Has anyone heard of or tried this?

Came across a product called Carnivora the other day and I was wondering if anyone has head of or tried this stuff. Look forward to hearing from someone.

http://www.carnivora.com/about-carnivora.html

Here's what their website says about it:

"Carnivora is the 100 percent absolutely PURE PHYTONUTRIENT EXTRACT and CAPSULE of Dionaea Muscipula, the particular species of the venus flytrap plant. Development of this extract began in Germany in the late 1970's by German physician Dr. Helmut Keller.

This specific German technology employs a method of manufacturing that yields the 100 percent pure capsule product and pure liquid extract. Our 100% PURE Liquid Extract product is not even diluted with water. It is entirely free of alcohol, glycerin, propylene glycol and all other toxic excipients and fillers.

Nothing is added. Nothing is deleted.

Our Capsule product is also 100% PURE - not even diluted with water. It contains silica and cellulose powder - non-toxic to humans and animals.

There is NO other.

We are the SOLE manufacturer of Carnivora around the world.

The 17 multi-faceted immune-supporting compounds as described in international medical literature occur naturally in the plant:

Droserone
    Free radical scavenger

Hydroplumbagin
    Immune Modulation / Stimulation

Quercetin
    Anti-oxidant, free radical scavenger, protectant

Formic Acid
    Natural bactericidal

Myricetin
    Bioflavonoid. Identical properties as Quercetin

Gallic Acid
    Antioxidant, Immune stimulative

Arginine
    Supports NK function. Improves immune responses to foreign entities, crucial for tissue repair

Asparagine
    Explusion of harmful ammonia, increased resistance to fatigue and increase of endurance

Threonine
    Aids in function of intestinal / digestive tracts. Assists in metabolism and assimilation of nutrients; Prevention of fat build-up in the liver

Glutamine
    Helps maintain white blood cell population and T-cell production, supports intestinal health. Nature's brain food to improve mental capacities, decrease fatigue, controls craving for sugar

Alanine
    Strengthens immune system by producing antibodies, important source of energy for muscle tissue, brain and central nervous system

Cysteine
    Facilitates the production of glutathione, which enable white blood cells (lymphocytes such as T cells, B cells and NK cells) to reproduce to make antibodies to destroy foreign substances in the body

Serine
    Component of production of immune antibodies. Antibodies bind with antigens which are toxins, etc. destroying them and removing them from the body

Histidine
    Found abundantly in hemoglobin. This amino acid is used as a potent free-radical scavenger to normalize systemic functions in the body

Proteases
    Known for their ability to enhance immunity, proteases are considered an important line of defense and intestinal toxicity are among the most common symptoms of protease deficiency

Lipopolysaccharides
    Contribute to stimulation of the immune system. Contains properties that are highly potent against harmful cellular entities

Phytohormones
    Plant-derived building blocks that your body can use to rapidly create any hormone that your body needs. These substances, also called phytosterols, are vital to a healthy balanced endocrine or hormonal system.

The major problem for people in westernized cultures is that we do not get enough of these essential nutrients from our current food intake and it is becoming more difficult, not to mention all the factors that interfere with this process"

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lorien For This Post:

baddbob (29th December 2011), Ecnal61 (5th January 2012), John Parslow (29th December 2011), luminuma (30th December 2011), seko (30th December 2011), taurad (29th December 2011), thewebkid (29th December 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

Default Re: Carnivora - Has anyone heard of or tried this?

I have some at home. Used it for months, but it did not help. Still, many paid newsletters I get support it and recommend it for variety of ailments. Don't use me as a gauge. I've tried everything but cat spit and still suffer from blah blah blah.

I continue to take it, as I may well be dead without it. Who knows.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

1inMany (30th December 2011), Ecnal61 (5th January 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,350 times in 2,555 posts

I'd rather eat a steak.

6. Link to Post #4
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,425 times in 1,397 posts

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    I have some at home. Used it for months, but it did not help. Still, many paid newsletters I get support it and recommend it for variety of ailments. Don't use me as a gauge. I've tried everything but cat spit and still suffer from blah blah blah.

Did it have any effect at all Conk?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Miller For This Post:

Ecnal61 (5th January 2012)

8. Link to Post #5
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by w1ndmill (here)
    Quote Posted by conk (here)

Did it have any effect at all Conk?
    So hard to tell w1ndmill. I use so many methods in an effort to heal, that I can't attribute any success to a single agent. I've used scores of approaches and still remain the sickest healthy man alive. No test, no doctor has revealed what ails me, but I continue to suffer daily. Fatigue, pain, nausea, headache, just generally feel like dying most all the time. So, don't use me as a determining factor in consideration of Carnivora useage. Sigh...........

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

1inMany (30th December 2011), CeltMan (29th December 2011), Miller (30th December 2011)

10. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Unified Serenity (here)
    I'd rather eat a steak.
    Thanks for your contribution to the conversation. I too love a good steak, but doesn't really help.

11. Link to Post #7
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Sorry to hear things aren't well for you Conk. I personally don't trust conventional doctors as far as I can throw them. 90% of the time they are guessing, all the while getting you to pay them and hand over money to the pharmacy for prescriptions. How long have you been having these issues? What happens if you stop all your various "remedies"?

12. Link to Post #8
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 times in 699 posts

Did it have any effect at all Conk?[/QUOTE]So hard to tell w1ndmill. I use so many methods in an effort to heal, that I can't attribute any success to a single agent. I've used scores of approaches and still remain the sickest healthy man alive. No test, no doctor has revealed what ails me, but I continue to suffer daily. Fatigue, pain, nausea, headache, just generally feel like dying most all the time. So, don't use me as a determining factor in consideration of Carnivora useage. Sigh...........[/QUOTE]

Hello Conk: I know you have tried everything but the symtoms sounds like a case of extended high blood sugars known as diabetes. Some people don't get the normal symtoms of high water consumption and of course many trips to the bathroom.
    I know when I was diagnosed my so called Dr. basically kicked me out of his office when I told him I think I have diabetes. I had all the symtoms you mentioned. After lots of almost begging to check me out he came back into the room white as a ghost and said you have type 1 diabetes. Sometimes or should I say most of the time the dr's. think they can't be wrong. Can't hurt to check...........
    chancy

13. The Following User Says Thank You to chancy For This Post:

conk (30th December 2011)

14. Link to Post #9
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by lorien (here)
    Sorry to hear things aren't well for you Conk. I personally don't trust conventional doctors as far as I can throw them. 90% of the time they are guessing, all the while getting you to pay them and hand over money to the pharmacy for prescriptions. How long have you been having these issues? What happens if you stop all your various "remedies"?
    I don't see them as remedies, rather life style choices. I make the best choices in anticipation of good health. I eat properly, perfectly in accordance with nature and physiological need. I meditate, get full sun, use strong magnets, Qigong, far infrared, detox footbath, chelating agents, superfoods, liver flushes, AIM frequencies, reflexology, hypnosis, Delores Cannon past life regression, ionic silver, subconscious mind reprogramming, and on and on. My next process is to stop trying. STop being so attached to healing and to turn it all over to God/Source/Universe. Focus on being balanced mentally and congruent with the natural order. I will visualize God's healing hand and accept whatever my fate is....but with the full intention of being well. Just not so attached to it.

@chancey: Thanks. I've been tested several times for diabetes, always good numbers. Thank you both for your concern.

Back to Carnivora. Everything I read about it is positive. I'd recommend it to anyone for certain.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to conk For This Post:

1inMany (30th December 2011)

16. Link to Post #10
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,658 times in 8,694 posts

I'd rather eat a steak.
    Deep freezer: 100$

Side of grass fed beef: 650$

Butchering: 80$

Nutrient dense meat for a year in your house when ever you want it: ... ok its not priceless, its 830$... but it lasts a little over a year with 2.5 people

I'm already a Carnivor (Omnivor really) don't need to buy somthen to help me be one :D (dietary supplements boarder on externalization of power.... sometimes i wonder if they only "work" for those that give enough of their own power to the external item to cure themselfs (aka placebo style) of course baring the RARE cases of nutritinal deficency (and they are rare... if your buying vitamens anyway, if your in africa you probably couldn't give a **** about vitamens)) I got lost with my parenthese's so here's anotehr to be safe)
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

17. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,543 times in 2,615 posts

Well venus fly trap is most known for cancer treatment isn't it?

Conk I know you have tried many things... including MMS1 and MMS2?
    I have found that the most single important healing modality for me is classical homeopathy.
    It literally changed my life.

I am experimenting with my homemade version of protandim right now.
    We are entering week two, my husband and I and what I notice is that we
    are not falling asleep at night at 9:00 pm. Our energy levels have greatly increased.
    My husband just couldn't last though an evening movie...
    more here: http://www.healthsalon.org/504/prota...e-aging-clock/

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

conk (3rd January 2012)

19. Link to Post #12
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    I'd rather eat a steak.
    Deep freezer: 100$

Side of grass fed beef: 650$

Butchering: 80$

Nutrient dense meat for a year in your house when ever you want it: ... ok its not priceless, its 830$... but it lasts a little over a year with 2.5 people

I'm already a Carnivor (Omnivor really) don't need to buy somthen to help me be one :D (dietary supplements boarder on externalization of power.... sometimes i wonder if they only "work" for those that give enough of their own power to the external item to cure themselfs (aka placebo style) of course baring the RARE cases of nutritinal deficency (and they are rare... if your buying vitamens anyway, if your in africa you probably couldn't give a **** about vitamens)) I got lost with my parenthese's so here's anotehr to be safe)
    Carnivora has nothing to do with being a carnivore. Please at least read what is posted before responding. It is a supplement derived from a certain species of venus flytrap that claims to boost immune function and unlock the true potential of our white blood cells to attack and destroy impurities in the body.

20. Link to Post #13
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,709 times in 1,042 posts

This my friend is Bull S* * *T

Except for the very last sentence, but in no way related to this product.

Came across a product called Carnivora the other day and I was wondering if anyone has head of or tried this stuff. Look forward to hearing from someone.

http://www.carnivora.com/about-carnivora.html

Here's what their website says about it:

"Carnivora is the 100 percent absolutely PURE PHYTONUTRIENT EXTRACT and CAPSULE of Dionaea Muscipula, the particular species of the venus flytrap plant. Development of this extract began in Germany in the late 1970's by German physician Dr. Helmut Keller.

This specific German technology employs a method of manufacturing that yields the 100 percent pure capsule product and pure liquid extract. Our 100% PURE Liquid Extract product is not even diluted with water. It is entirely free of alcohol, glycerin, propylene glycol and all other toxic excipients and fillers.

Nothing is added. Nothing is deleted.

Our Capsule product is also 100% PURE - not even diluted with water. It contains silica and cellulose powder - non-toxic to humans and animals.

There is NO other.

We are the SOLE manufacturer of Carnivora around the world.

The 17 multi-faceted immune-supporting compounds as described in international medical literature occur naturally in the plant:

Droserone
    Free radical scavenger

Hydroplumbagin
    Immune Modulation / Stimulation

Quercetin
    Anti-oxidant, free radical scavenger, protectant

Formic Acid
    Natural bactericidal

Myricetin
    Bioflavonoid. Identical properties as Quercetin

Gallic Acid
    Antioxidant, Immune stimulative

Arginine
    Supports NK function. Improves immune responses to foreign entities, crucial for tissue repair

Asparagine
    Explusion of harmful ammonia, increased resistance to fatigue and increase of endurance

Threonine
    Aids in function of intestinal / digestive tracts. Assists in metabolism and assimilation of nutrients; Prevention of fat build-up in the liver

Glutamine
    Helps maintain white blood cell population and T-cell production, supports intestinal health. Nature's brain food to improve mental capacities, decrease fatigue, controls craving for sugar

Alanine
    Strengthens immune system by producing antibodies, important source of energy for muscle tissue, brain and central nervous system

Cysteine
    Facilitates the production of glutathione, which enable white blood cells (lymphocytes such as T cells, B cells and NK cells) to reproduce to make antibodies to destroy foreign substances in the body

Serine
    Component of production of immune antibodies. Antibodies bind with antigens which are toxins, etc. destroying them and removing them from the body

Histidine
    Found abundantly in hemoglobin. This amino acid is used as a potent free-radical scavenger to normalize systemic functions in the body

Proteases
    Known for their ability to enhance immunity, proteases are considered an important line of defense and intestinal toxicity are among the most common symptoms of protease deficiency

Lipopolysaccharides
    Contribute to stimulation of the immune system. Contains properties that are highly potent against harmful cellular entities

Phytohormones
    Plant-derived building blocks that your body can use to rapidly create any hormone that your body needs. These substances, also called phytosterols, are vital to a healthy balanced endocrine or hormonal system.

The major problem for people in westernized cultures is that we do not get enough of these essential nutrients from our current food intake and it is becoming more difficult, not to mention all the factors that interfere with this process"

21. Link to Post #14
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Do you know that for a fact blufire? Have you tried the product? Do you know someone who has?

If your going to call bull***t on something at least back it up with why please.

22. Link to Post #15
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks

Blufire, some of the most sucessful alternative doctors in the country endorse Carnivora. What is your opinion based upon? Theirs is based in serious data

23. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

http://www.awarenessmag.com/sepoct0/...US_FLYTRAP.HTM
    In Germany, a pharmaceutical extract of Venus’ Flytrap called Carnivora is used in the treatment of chronic diseases, including most forms of cancer, ulcerative colitis, multiple sclerosis, all types of herpes infections, chronic arthritis, and almost any immune deficiency state, including AIDS. Carnivora is dispensed orally, by inhalation, or by injection. However, individuals cannot legally import Carnivora to the U.S. without first proving that they suffer from a life-threatening disease. Fortunately, fresh Venus’ Flytrap extract can be both purchased and used legally in the United States, though few people are aware of its uses.

24. Link to Post #17
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Thanks for the link Arrowwind!

25. Link to Post #18
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,709 times in 1,042 posts

Lorien, I apologize for being so abrupt with my post . . . but this sort of thing really frustrates me.

I’m a practicing medicinal herbalist and have owned and operated a natural health /herbal/healing shop and organically grow and wildcraft many herbs.

To make sure I went through six of my most reliable “plant medicine and application” books. Regarding Dionaea Muscipula or Venus Fly Trap there is little to no healing properties or at least strong historical research of the plant to verify the veracity that this product claims.

The compounds that the product claims to have in therapeutic doses are highly valuable healing agents and have been solidly researched.

Every year the newest, latest and greatest product comes out . . . people spend hundreds and thousands of dollars to no avail. This same company or manufacture is probably on to the next “snake oil” product for later on this year.

I stick with foundational plant medicines that are tried and true . . . yea they are boring and have no fancy labels and price tags . . . but they work

Do you have a certain problem you are hoping to find healing for?? I usually do not offer this but I will direct you to some herbs that will help or even tried and true manufactured products that I trust.

Do you know that for a fact blufire? Have you tried the product? Do you know someone who has?

If your going to call bull***t on something at least back it up with why please.

26. Link to Post #19
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

blufire, thank you for giving a little background to your frustration. I don't have a particular problem to solve, I'm just looking for a more aggressive boost to my immune system because I've been getting a lot of colds and flu's lately.

While I can see where you are coming from, I think your hostility towards the company and it's product is unfounded, at least for the time being.

Seeing as this company has been producing Carnivora for 30 years I doubt they are producing a "snake oil". THey seem to have years of scientific research to back it up and endorsements from many doctors, so unless they are all lying there has to be at least some truth to it. If the product does in fact contain the compounds that you admit are useful, then I don't see why it would not be helpful.

AAs far as why it doesn't exist in one of your books, I'm not sure, though that doesn't mean it's not valid. Perhaps this is one of the many things hidden from us for a reason?

Quote Posted by blufire (here)
    Lorien, I apologize for being so abrupt with my post . . . but this sort of thing really frustrates me.

I’m a practicing medicinal herbalist and have owned and operated a natural health /herbal/healing shop and organically grow and wildcraft many herbs.

To make sure I went through six of my most reliable “plant medicine and application” books. Regarding Dionaea Muscipula or Venus Fly Trap there is little to no healing properties or at least strong historical research of the plant to verify the veracity that this product claims.

The compounds that the product claims to have in therapeutic doses are highly valuable healing agents and have been solidly researched.

Every year the newest, latest and greatest product comes out . . . people spend hundreds and thousands of dollars to no avail. This same company or manufacture is probably on to the next “snake oil” product for later on this year.

I stick with foundational plant medicines that are tried and true . . . yea they are boring and have no fancy labels and price tags . . . but they work

Do you have a certain problem you are hoping to find healing for?? I usually do not offer this but I will direct you to some herbs that will help or even tried and true manufactured products that I trust.

27. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Loern, boosting the immune system towards health is not that hard to do and I would not use an herb like venusfly trap for this.
    an assessement of your malfunctions will indicate what direction needs to be looked at.
    Generally, minerals and vitamins and living foods will do what is needed.
    I prefer to save herbs for actual diseases but studies indicate that some very common herbs will fortify the body
    and are long used for longevity in other nations.
    Go back a few an look at my post regarding protandim,, this is an herbal choice I make for myself
    but my improved immune status has come from sound detox, good diet and supplementaiton with some essential vitamins and minerals as a protective shield to environmental dangers. I have not had a cold or flu or anything in 6 years. I chose the protandim mix recently to promote longevity and support as aging comes upon me.
    Last edited by Arrowwind; 4th January 2012 at 18:22.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

blufire (4th January 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast