+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Don't Be Afraid!

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,022 times in 264 posts

Default Don't Be Afraid!

I was walking home from the shops today when I felt very strongly the need to start a thread on not being afraid.

I read the following about the Arcturians:

A. Political comedies have long been a process by which a discerning group can communicate to those around them. And also subvert an attempt at disruption. The more the oppressor behaves like the comedians, the more ridiculous and less powerful they appear. So we suggest a comedy, a political comedy, a satire, whose object is to show how ridiculous the notion of oppression, the notion of separation, really is in this universe. You are doing quite well in this, actually. Those of you who play the role of oppressors increasingly look farcical. Perhaps it would be good to point this out.

Q. And the best media for pointing this out are, what?

A. Every media works, any expressive vehicle of communication works. A common ground is lightheartedness in the face of oppression. Showing the human spirit instead of despair; happiness and laughter instead of anger. These are the keys to embarrassing and disempowering the enemy. Make them look silly to their friends. And they may laugh along with you. Any other questions?

This appeal to lighten up really resonated with me. I believe it is linked to not being fearful and is something that would be very useful to us in light of what may happen in the next year or so.

A few months ago, I went to Milan to visit a dear friend I hadn't seen for a long time. I had such a lovely time and when I arrived at the Central station and was going up the elevator (mobile staircase) It was one of those times when happiness just exuded from me Near the top, a lady was having problems controlling her suitcase so I leaned over to catch it for her. I missed and fell down. I was still in my joy-filled state and as a result felt no fear whatsoever and just laughed. I fell onto the elevator near the end and by rights should have been caught in the top and shredded to pieces but to my surprise nothing happened. A man helped me up and I got off the elevator with no problems whatsoever. I thought: wow, it must have been because I was not afraid and in this state of pure joy.

I read a book by an Italian, Tiziano Terzani called "A Fortune-teller Told Me" He was a journalist (unfortunately he died a few years ago) and worked for a very important German magazine. A fortune-teller told him not to fly in 1993 (I think it was) or maybe 1995 and though he was skeptical (the journalist who took his place was in a helicopter when it crashed by the way though he wasn't killed), he decided to travel around Asia (his speciality) by any means of transport except by air and decided to consult a fortune-teller in each place he stopped. (A lovely book and really beautifully written.) He decided to not do what journalists do today and stop at an international hotel and watch CNN and report what they were reporting but to do as journalists used to do in the past and see for himself what was actually happening, thus meeting many refugees and situations that were not reported. He tells us of how some years before when he was in south-east Asia during the genocide of Pol Pot, how he saw a stream of refugees running away from something. Being a journalist he wanted to know what was happening so ran against the tide. People started shouting at him to turn around because Pol Pot's soldiers were chasing them. He went on any way. Eventually a group of soldiers stopped him and pointed a gun to his head. His reaction was to smile at them and laugh (not in a disrespectul way). They were so taken aback by this, they let him go! He said that he always said to his children: "If someone is threatening to kill you, smile at them."

I would be interested to hear any stories you might have, in particular personal ones, where you have been in a situation where not being afraid has been of great benefit to you.
    Honor the sacred.
    Honor the Earth, our Mother.
    Honor the Elders.
    Honor all with whom we
    share the Earth:-
    Four-leggeds, two-leggeds,
    winged ones,
    Swimmers, crawlers,
    plant and rock people.
    Walk in balance and beauty.

Native American Elder

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to shamanseeker For This Post:

crosby (8th January 2012), Dawn (11th January 2012), Earth Angel (11th January 2012), EnergyGardener (8th January 2012), Heather2017 (8th January 2012), John Parslow (9th January 2012), jp11 (8th January 2012), Miller (8th January 2012), Samsara (8th January 2012), Seikou-Kishi (8th January 2012), spiritguide (8th January 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,106 times in 526 posts

Default Re: Don't Be Afraid!

over the past several months I have had a fear of dying(I know it is not mine) and just yesterday I finally had to laugh, for all the meny lifetimes I have been through and of all the possible ways I have died, what am I really afraid of? Nothing.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Eagle For This Post:

crosby (8th January 2012), Heather2017 (8th January 2012), jp11 (8th January 2012), modwiz (8th January 2012), Seikou-Kishi (8th January 2012), shamanseeker (8th January 2012), spiritguide (8th January 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Thank you, Dig! Yes, I read once that dying is the easy part and a very beautiful experience because we go to a place which is much more beautiful. The hard thing is being born!
    Honor the sacred.
    Honor the Elders.
    Honor all with whom we
    winged ones,
    Swimmers, crawlers,
    plant and rock people.

Native American Elder

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shamanseeker For This Post:

Earth Angel (11th January 2012), Miller (8th January 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,216 times in 388 posts

A song for the topic>

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BestLion For This Post:

Dawn (11th January 2012), Miller (8th January 2012), shamanseeker (8th January 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Thank you, Best Lion! I can't watch videos here but will watch in town tomorrow!
    Honor the sacred.
    Honor the Elders.
    Honor all with whom we
    winged ones,
    Swimmers, crawlers,
    plant and rock people.

Native American Elder

10. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,107 times in 577 posts

Back in 1998, I was diagnosed with PTSD (long story). I was having very frightening anxiety attacks and I was unable to understand what was going on with me. One evening, I watched the film "Analyse This". There is one scene at the hospital... I laughed so much I had belly cramps. I could relate. After seeing that, I could laugh at myself and the anxiety attacks. They did not suddenly disappear, but eventually, I won the battle. Here's the clip:

Laughing in the face of fear, always plays it down.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Samsara For This Post:

Dawn (11th January 2012), Miller (8th January 2012), shamanseeker (9th January 2012)

12. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member EnergyGardener's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,647 times in 455 posts

Shamanseeker,

Thank you for your most inspired and well-written thread.

A. Fear is Good if it Motivates us to perform:

1. Join forces with beings much different than ourselves to form a complimentary effort / community. Letting go of ego is perhaps the most difficult task. This becomes easier when we accept that we have virtually no control—without cooperation, inspiration and help from each other.
    2. Acknowledge that the Emperor has No Clothes (our governments and corporations are puppets against our interests); they are in power because we allow them to be.
    3. We must learn the truth and timelines ASAP, to exercise both physical and non-physical: a. "Soulutions" and b. physical reconstruction and rehabilitation of our environments in the short term.
    4. As Shamanseeker has proposed, reaction to confrontation and the dark side with love and humor, which is most disarming (demonstrating the most confidence). It has been most useful to the PTB. Who hasn't received the response of, "are you are a conspiracy person," and "do you believe in aliens?" Handling these issues, not as alarmists in a panic, but with calm assurance, in effect stating, "you're not still buying what they're selling, are you?" From my own childhood (very large) family of christian fundamentalists, have recently been saying to me, "but, what can we do about it?" They have the philosophy that living according to Christ's teachings is all that is necessary: they are vested in the rescue / rapture.
    5. It allows us to be concerned enough to accept the truth we are being told as we receive it by the PTB. For example, on "Face the Nation" this morning the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Secretary of Defense were discussing circumstances in Iran, N. Korea, Iraq and Afghanistan. When asked by the host if the military wasn't stretched too thin, the chairman responded with a big grin (not in exact words), "people shouldn't believe that we have any financial issues, that we cannot handle any problem that arrives. Nothing is further from the truth." On the surface people might assume, realizing the US is over $13 Trillion in debt, that he's completely wrong, because the US (and thus the government and military) is bankrupt. However, there he was laughing along with the Secretary of Defense) about this and other issues that are not funny in any way. For all the reasons of this post, we must accept the chairman's cheerful admission of fearlessness as most telling. We must not allow ourselves to be taken by surprise of any forthcoming event they create, the least of which is provoking the Iranians (and Chinese) to a showdown in the Persian Gulf at the Strait of Hormuz.

B. Fear is Bad, if we are paralyzed against doing what we came here to do.

1. We must ignore the daily marketing of our loss of control of our freedoms, destiny and free will.
    2. We must allocate the time necessary for Soulutions and overcome the issue: Who has the ability to meditate, with more urgent responsibilities to dependents, when the house is burning down?

Shamanseeker, it will be a good day when we have afforded ourselves no reason for fear, preferably while still alive in the physical.

I believe this thread your were inspired to write will help in that effort.
    What Happens to Us, Is Less Important, Than; How We React, When It Does
    -and-
    What Happens to Us, Is Less Important, If; We are Prepared, When It Does - US Copyright 2003

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EnergyGardener For This Post:

Dawn (11th January 2012), Miller (8th January 2012), shamanseeker (9th January 2012)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Smile Re: Don't Be Afraid!

Quote Posted by Samsara (here)
    Back in 1998, I was diagnosed with PTSD (long story). I was having very frightening anxiety attacks and I was unable to understand what was going on with me. One evening, I watched the film "Analyse This". There is one scene at the hospital... I laughed so much I had belly cramps. I could relate. After seeing that, I could laugh at myself and the anxiety attacks. They did not suddenly disappear, but eventually, I won the battle. Here's the clip:

Laughing in the face of fear, always plays it down.

Thank you, Samsara! Yes, I agree that laughter is the best medicine. There are other cases where people claim to have healed because they watch comedies and laugh a lot! Thank you so much for telling your story. I'm so glad you won your battle
    Honor the sacred.
    Honor the Elders.
    Honor all with whom we
    winged ones,
    Swimmers, crawlers,
    plant and rock people.

Native American Elder

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shamanseeker For This Post:

alienHunter (11th January 2012), Samsara (12th January 2012)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by EnergyGardener (here)
    Shamanseeker,

Thank you for your most inspired and well-written thread.

A. Fear is Good if it Motivates us to perform:

1. Join forces with beings much different than ourselves to form a complimentary effort / community. Letting go of ego is perhaps the most difficult task. This becomes easier when we accept that we have virtually no control—without cooperation, inspiration and help from each other.
    2. Acknowledge that the Emperor has No Clothes (our governments and corporations are puppets against our interests); they are in power because we allow them to be.
    3. We must learn the truth and timelines ASAP, to exercise both physical and non-physical: a. "Soulutions" and b. physical reconstruction and rehabilitation of our environments in the short term.
    4. As Shamanseeker has proposed, reaction to confrontation and the dark side with love and humor, which is most disarming (demonstrating the most confidence). It has been most useful to the PTB. Who hasn't received the response of, "are you are a conspiracy person," and "do you believe in aliens?" Handling these issues, not as alarmists in a panic, but with calm assurance, in effect stating, "you're not still buying what they're selling, are you?" From my own childhood (very large) family of christian fundamentalists, have recently been saying to me, "but, what can we do about it?" They have the philosophy that living according to Christ's teachings is all that is necessary: they are vested in the rescue / rapture.
    5. It allows us to be concerned enough to accept the truth we are being told as we receive it by the PTB. For example, on "Face the Nation" this morning the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Secretary of Defense were discussing circumstances in Iran, N. Korea, Iraq and Afghanistan. When asked by the host if the military wasn't stretched too thin, the chairman responded with a big grin (not in exact words), "people shouldn't believe that we have any financial issues, that we cannot handle any problem that arrives. Nothing is further from the truth." On the surface people might assume, realizing the US is over $13 Trillion in debt, that he's completely wrong, because the US (and thus the government and military) is bankrupt. However, there he was laughing along with the Secretary of Defense) about this and other issues that are not funny in any way. For all the reasons of this post, we must accept the chairman's cheerful admission of fearlessness as most telling. We must not allow ourselves to be taken by surprise of any forthcoming event they create, the least of which is provoking the Iranians (and Chinese) to a showdown in the Persian Gulf at the Strait of Hormuz.

B. Fear is Bad, if we are paralyzed against doing what we came here to do.

1. We must ignore the daily marketing of our loss of control of our freedoms, destiny and free will.
    2. We must allocate the time necessary for Soulutions and overcome the issue: Who has the ability to meditate, with more urgent responsibilities to dependents, when the house is burning down?

Shamanseeker, it will be a good day when we have afforded ourselves no reason for fear, preferably while still alive in the physical.

I believe this thread your were inspired to write will help in that effort.

Dear EnergyGardener,

Thank you so much for your informative and kind comments. I agree with you completely. We need to be aware of what is going on and have the courage to admit that the emperor has no clothes. We need to let go of ego and must not allow ourselves to be paralyzed by fear when things happen. I really appreciated your comment that we should ignore the "daily marketing of our loss of control of our freedoms, destiny and free will". So true! We are being programmed in a big way by the PTB and I have been surprised by how many people on the forum are being influenced by this but so happy to realize that a lot of you aren't

Let's feel joy for our existences and see the funny side of life. My grandmother always said that when my Grandfather came back from the war she would stay awake and listen to him going over what had happened in the trenches. She said it was so funny! Keeping a sense of humour in the most terrible of situations is very important for our and other people's sanity.

Thank you again!
    Honor the sacred.
    Honor the Elders.
    Honor all with whom we
    winged ones,
    Swimmers, crawlers,
    plant and rock people.

Native American Elder

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shamanseeker For This Post:

EnergyGardener (11th January 2012), Samsara (12th January 2012)

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

"The best way of removing negativity is to laugh and be joyous."

David Icke
    Honor the sacred.
    Honor the Elders.
    Honor all with whom we
    winged ones,
    Swimmers, crawlers,
    plant and rock people.

Native American Elder

19. The Following User Says Thank You to shamanseeker For This Post:

Samsara (12th January 2012)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

http://awakento1.blogspot.com/2009/0...e-of-love.html

This has to be one of the best definitions of what 'fear' is in my opinion. Well done, Darrell Johnson!

The Opposite of Love

Most people when asked about what is the opposite of love will more than likely proclaim it to be hate. Logical response; it certainly seems to represent the opposite polarity of energy. But while this pat answer is understandable, it is in fact inaccurate. Love is a core emotion from which many an offspring is spawned; emotions and responses such as happiness, kindness, goodwill, charity, faith, empathy, fairness and compassion. In truth, hate is actually a subset of a much greater and stronger emotion, and this core polarity also has many offspring. From greed to anger; from prejudice to envy; from jealousy to pride; from deceit to aggression and brutality, this core emotion is none other than fear. Fear is the opposite of love because fear is the base emotion from which hate, prejudice, greed, stress, paranoia, and all of the many other negative emotions that make up the lexicon of our human conditions and experiences are based. It closes the heart and makes us vulnerable to negative influence and control.

Under the proper conditions, fear actually serves as a useful survival tool when dealing with a fight or flight response stimuli, and helps to keep one safe and alert to potential dangers that may lurk around the corner. The problem though, comes when this reflex emotion is forced to remain at full (or partial) intensity for an extended period of time. In the wild, fear is often used as the major adrenaline rush that helps a wild animal respond appropriately to an impending danger, either by running away or fighting. Afterwards, the feeling subsides and is replaced with contentment and a focused existence in the here and now.

Today, no emotion is more palpable in these changing and uncertain times than fear. It has been spawned and stimulated by a lack of the feeling of protection and security in the things we used to take for granted as always being there for us. With our current world economy in a state of fiscal unrest, with the emotional roller-coaster that drives the stock market and other financial engines, with unemployment at a staggering 8% in the U.S. and growing worldwide, we have been rocked to our core in terms of our faith in the things we have held for so long as the foundations for our modern existence and protection.

Many a prosperity-based gospel is suddenly finding itself with dwindling membership and equally dwindling funds. The laws of abundance seem on the surface to have abandoned us and many of us are finding our selves physically, emotionally and spiritually destitute.

This, however, does not change the fundamental principles of spiritual law; e.g. the law of attraction and our ability to manifest abundance in our own lives. Those that get it live in a state of joy regardless of outside conditions, because they understand that their emotional state is not an outside/in manifestation, but an inside/out creation. Now, more than ever, the practicing of these fundamental spiritual principles need to be exercised in ways that they have never been before. Now more than ever, we need to come into an alignment with who and what we truly are, separate and apart from our outer circumstance. Now more than ever, we must understand that our connectedness and the conscious realization of that connectedness have tangible and sustainable benefits. Those benefits are the importance and realization that we must begin to care for and take care of one another. It starts small and grows into concentric circles of influence and action. The mantras “Pass it forward” and “Love one another” have never been more important than it is now. The knee-jerk tendency is to hold back and hoard, but now more than ever we must begin to work for the collective good. There is enough, there is abundance. We have just been led to believe that there is limitation. This is an illusion.

The choice is yours and ours. Do you become cause in your life, or do you slip deeper down the hole of victimized effect. Our thoughts, our feelings, play a significant role in what we create and how those thoughts out-picture in this physical universe. It is always important to remember (and I will always communicate to you from this perspective) that we are more than the physical bodies that we occupy. We are a part of an amazing multi-layered multiversal of existence. Our perceptions may temporarily be compressed into the limited viewpoint and spectrum of the physical, but we are all so much greater; so much more than what we are being led to believe in this limited physical existence. As we begin to wake up more and more to our true identities, we begin to understand the illusion around us and the games perpetrated on us. We begin to realize that this multi-chaptered stage play we call life and existence is just a minute percentage of our overall existence and beingness. We begin to realize that the mundane realities we have focused our attention on for so very long are but creations of our own manifestation, and that we can rewrite and recreate them both individually and collectively by virtue of what we choose to place our attention on. Fear or love; this is the choice.

Physical existence does not have to be as it currently is now, but as long as “We” continue to go from day to day, asleep at the wheel of life, and not awakening to the wonders of what lie beyond, we will forever be trapped here. It does not have to be this way, and the more of us that begin to wake up and smell and breath the divinity in each of us, the more we as Souls connected to each other and a part of the whole of life can take conscious control of our situations. The more we can change things for the better; for the good of the whole. Fear is the base emotion that we are being fed everyday. It fuels the fires of negativity and hopelessness and gives strength and control to that energy. We have the power to stop this, but we must make a collective choice to do so. As FDR once said, “…there’s nothing to fear but fear itself.” My call is and always will be to awaken to the oneness that is you, that is us. Within this awakening, fear does not exist. Our existence depends directly on our collective ability to evolve and embrace the love that is at the true core of our being. It is about love; not fear. Love and fear cannot occupy the same space at the same time. Love is stronger than fear because love is the pure positive energy of Source. We are love; we make up its energy. We can choose whether or not to allow fear into our hearts and minds. Take control. Accept the love; reject the fear. Show kindness and compassion to one another. We do live in abundance and there is enough. Don’t let anyone or anything make you believe otherwise. We just have to reclaim our rightful place in the Spiritual hierarchy and allow love to reign supreme. It’s the way of, and to, our Creator. My love goes out to all of you, and I thank you for your love in return.
    Honor the sacred.
    Honor the Elders.
    Honor all with whom we
    winged ones,
    Swimmers, crawlers,
    plant and rock people.

Native American Elder

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shamanseeker For This Post:

Castaneda (11th January 2012), EnergyGardener (11th January 2012), Samsara (12th January 2012)

+ Reply to Thread