Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: George Kavassilas Has A New Interview Up And It Is Rather Good

1. Link to Post #21
    Australia Avalon Member wolf_rt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,640 times in 418 posts

Default Re: George Kavassilas Has A New Interview Up And It Is Rather Good

Quote Posted by Elixer (here)
    The emotional manipulation of this guy is almost enough to make you not want to take him seriously.
    So there. Like I said, I listen to him and he inspires thought, but I think it might be smart not to embrace him wholeheartedly and just allow some of his ideas to trigger your own. He does muddy the water and I have to wonder why.
    I think triggering some of my own ideas is the best that can be expected from any of these people.. I'm not buying anyone 'wholeheartedly'...

I must say that i didn't notice any 'emotional manipulation'... but maybe i was just happy to not be listening to American accents for a change :-)

2. Link to Post #22
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by wolf_rt (here)
    I must say that i didn't notice any 'emotional manipulation'... but maybe i was just happy to not be listening to American accents for a change :-)
    It's mostly in his tone of voice, the slight melancholy at times, as if to imply 'how sad'.
    Sometimes his authoratative tone to suggest that he knows what he's talking about.
    Sometimes he is very respectful, friendly and understanding to gain the interviewers trust and thereby the listenerer's, even when they're saying something silly. His response makes him seem to rise above that. Here a few examples:

28:24
    "They truely believe it's a wonderful thing, haha" Meaning, 'so deluded'

1:00:00
    A little before that, he talks about the pole star having a stabilizing effect on the Earth's wobble. That is not possible if you ask me, since the distance is too great to have a gravitational effect, which is what that is about. I'm sure there is an energetic relationship, but that is something else entirely and has nothing to do with correcting the wobble. He says "the Earth has quite a relationship with that star", which of course is a beautiful idea, that might make us want it to be true and wise, but really..
    It seems he realizes he is out of scope and then quickly corrects by saying that he's sort of being intructed to look more deeply into that. And then there is a convenient audio breakup.

1:26:20
    "If you would walk into a church and see behind the veil, see it for what it really is, you would freak out" An easy appeal to anybody with something against organised religion. And even if it was based on a true experience he had, it still does not necessarily hold up for all churches. Some small village church with the priest being of the community is not like that. Even if there are evil symbols or whatever, there is still the human intent that brings the congregation together in support of each other that trumps that.

I really just grabbed a few at random there and I didn't mean to press and prove my point, but it is something to watch out for, I think, because this emotional appeal is used by many to lure us into their message.
    Then again, maybe I am just hyper sensitive to this type of thing and I'm hearing things that really only apply to me. If you do not hear it, then maybe they are not there...
    Last edited by Elixer; 9th January 2012 at 16:42.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elixer For This Post:

gooty64 (9th January 2012), Jenci (9th January 2012), Kraut (1st July 2013), wolf_rt (10th January 2012)

4. Link to Post #23
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,819 times in 790 posts

George also stated in his interview somewhere around the 40 minute mark that you should not take what he says as truth, that everyone should do their own research and see what resonates with them.

5. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,417 times in 326 posts

My thoughts on the interview.
    I wish there were more updates on our progress in the ascension process and less chatter from the group.

I'm glad that George is backing off or reconsidering his 'exploding earth' theory. That revelation threw me into a frenzy when I first heard him talk about it a few years ago.

It makes sense that we will leave nothing behind when the earth and her inhabitants ascend to 5d and beyond. I like the idea that we are on the 'organic time line'. That's probably why all the et's are here at this moment. The whole of planet earth is a 'stargate' for universal consciousness.

All in all, the message is the same. Remember what you came here to do, enrich your life with family, friends and respect for Mother Earth. Don't sweat the little things.
    Blessings,
    Yiola

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yiolas For This Post:

gripreaper (9th January 2012), Jean-Marie (9th January 2012), Snowbird (10th January 2012)

7. Link to Post #25
    Australia Avalon Member wolf_rt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,640 times in 418 posts

Quote Posted by Elixer (here)
    28:24
    "They truely believe it's a wonderful thing, haha" Meaning, 'so deluded'
    Aussies can be VERY sarcastic and facetious.... I constantly have to review my posts here to make sure i'm not saying the opposite of what i mean...lol. facetiousness does not translate well into the written word :-)
    It also comes across as rather belittling.. when often it is not meant in that way..(often it is in some regard, but it is such a common mode of speech here that nobody takes offense.. you just feed it back to the person)

If you ask an Aussie how they are... they'll tell you how they're not ..."not bad"

I can see your point though. Cheers.

Quote Posted by yiolas (here)
    It makes sense that we will leave nothing behind when the earth and her inhabitants ascend to 5d and beyond.
    That was one of the points that didn't sit right with me... 'Disappearing' a planet would throw the whole solar system into chaos.... Does the moon come too?
    Last edited by wolf_rt; 10th January 2012 at 03:00.

8. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member charlesfrith's Avatar
    Language
    German
    Thanks

Thanks for all your kind words and for those negative comments I thank you too for the ace traffic you sent to me. Please feel free to go nuts on this post. We LOVE it.
    Allegedly Bright. Empirically Stupid.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2