+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FDA sued over Nanotechnology

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,004 times in 2,540 posts

Default FDA sued over Nanotechnology

Another one to think on and another great lawsuit. Besides GMO's, Nanotechnology has been introduced into our food system. To learn more, please read the posted article and information with regards to the lack of studies surrounding the effects of Nanotechnology in our food supply and why this is a danger we need to pay attention to.
    Regards,
    Wormhole

http://foodfreedom.wordpress.com/201...rsight-labels/

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Kristin For This Post:

Alecs (9th January 2012), Flash (9th January 2012), GaelVictor (9th January 2012), haibane (8th February 2012), Jay (20th January 2012), meeradas (8th January 2012), nomadguy (9th January 2012), Providence (9th January 2012), Ria (8th February 2012), sandy (9th January 2012), shadowstalker (8th January 2012), spiritguide (9th January 2012), toad (8th January 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Default Re: FDA sued over Nanotechnology

This is sooooo important, as important as radiation exposure imho. Nano technologies can make havoc in your body and brain. I did not know it passes the blood brain barrier. Gosh, how stupid and sick will we get?

And how stupid are we to let it go through, actually. I did not know pesticides had nanotech in it, therefore it is found in most of our foods I bet. Now I understand better one in 49 boy is born or will have autism triggered in him.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

sandy (9th January 2012), seko (8th February 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Thanks for paying attention Flash, it sounds like you have an intimate knowledge as to what our environment is doing to us. We need to support and follow these very important law suits. Nano Tech is in thousands of products and it is going to continue to grow unless it is stopped. We are becoming genetically modified ourselves. The CBC had a small news blurb that stated that many youth have genetic damage that they believe is being caused by the junk foods that they are eating... this is huge. I've tried to find that article off and on for years and it's been wiped off the internet... disturbing to say the least.
    From the Heart,
    Wormhole

Here is the lawsuit:
    http://www.centerforfoodsafety.org/w...-Complaint.pdf

Article pertaining to pesticides here:

On November 18, 2010, the International Center for Technology Assessment (ICTA) petitioned the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to investigate nano-copper pesticides. ICTA, which petitioned EPA in May 2008 to regulate nano-silver and other nano-pesticide products, singles out three registrations obtained by Osmose, Inc. for “micronized” copper carbonate. According to ICTA, “it does not appear that Osmose advised EPA when it applied for these three registrations that any of these products included intentionally produced nanoscale material, but, as explained below, it clearly knew this was the case.” The Office of Pesticide Programs (OPP) has stated that it intends to treat any pesticide products containing nanoscale materials as new products, and ICTA notes that “registrants were also on notice well before 2008 that OPP wanted any applicant requesting registration of a pesticide product containing a nanoscale active ingredient or inert ingredient to disclose that fact during the application process.” ICTA claims that Osmose used the formulator’s exemption to register its products, although it intentionally modified the structure of the purchased active ingredient to create nanoscale particles, which it neglected to tell EPA. ICTA requests that EPA “immediately investigate” the three products, and revoke the registrations, if EPA determines that Osmose registered the products on the basis of an invalid claim. ICTA also requests that EPA “thoroughly investigate other possible nanoscale copper products, which should include but not be limited to copper-based wood treatment products currently available on the market, as similar actions under FIFRA may be necessary.”
    Last edited by Kristin; 8th January 2012 at 19:27.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kristin For This Post:

ceetee9 (8th February 2012), sandy (9th January 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Ba-ba-Ra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,315 times in 1,567 posts

This is encouraging and discouraging at the same time, since it took a lawsuit to make anything happen. While I'm encouraged their are groups looking out for us, if nothing has happened to stop this since 2006, based on the way our courts work, I have little hope.
    Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light!

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 times in 472 posts

The amount of money involved in nano-tech, and the vastly diverse industries at risk here; I don't see much coming out of this lawsuit. However I would like to see some regulation on such things especially with carbon tubes becoming cheaper and more readily available. Some propose that nano-technology itself could be the solution the ailments caused by nano-technology, ... itself. We're heading towards a nano future, I don't think many of us would argue that. The potential of nano constructs is quite amazing and incredibly limitless. But such things need to be handle with increasing delicacy. It is a safe bet that, that won't happen however, as history will show us, problems are rarely addressed before it becomes a public health concern and the damage is already done. It all comes down to public awareness and opinion; as they say 'a plastic shark can keep people out of the water, but a cancer warning on cigarettes wont keep people from smoking'. As the future plays out we will see an incredible amount of bias towards nano-tech, seemingly amazing things will be invented; solutions to peak-oil, new ways to eliminate cancer, highly efficient electronics and outrageously fast processors not to mention the military applications that may be created, but as most of us on here are probably aware those shiny new achievements will overshadow the potential health risks that most people will be unaware of. The industrial revolution brought us amazing things, and terrible consequences, but this will all look like the stone age once the nano revolution climaxes.

there are some good articles embedded in that original article; thanks for the link;
    http://www.etcgroup.org/upload/publi...no_big4web.pdf
    http://www.nano.gov/nnistrategicplan211.pdf
    The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for.
    -- Maureen Dowd --

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to toad For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (9th January 2012), Kristin (9th January 2012), sandy (9th January 2012)

10. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I hear you Toad, unfortunately we live in times that are monetarily driven. If there is cash to be made; not conscious responsible decision making, then the industry follows.
    From the heart,
    Wormhole

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kristin For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (9th January 2012), sandy (9th January 2012)

12. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member Referee's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,978 times in 1,576 posts

This is really good news the more out in the open it becomes the better for all!..............And I hope we win the suit.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Referee For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (9th January 2012), Kristin (12th January 2012), sandy (9th January 2012)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Nanotechnology deserves a thread of its own (Very interesting and pertinent in these times). It seems the saying "finding a needle in a haystack"... is now obsolete. Imagine trying to ascertain if there are nano-materials in our cornflakes.....

Last edited by Jay; 20th January 2012 at 17:59. Reason: thought: wondering about other applications - neferious or otherwise....

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jay For This Post:

Kristin (8th February 2012), Rantaak (20th January 2012)

16. Link to Post #9
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Great post Jay, I would encourage you to start a thread!
    From the Heart,
    Wormhole

17. Link to Post #10
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,663 times in 349 posts

Thank you for the info. I really want to quit buying anything from the grocery store and I already don't seek out standard medical help for health issues. It isn't even about not going hungry or growing your own food cause it tastes better etc. At least if I get non-GMO heirloom seeds I'll have a better idea of what I'm really putting in my body. I can't believe it's getting to where food isn't food anymore and medicine is outright poison and deadly. How backwards is that!?

+ Reply to Thread