+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast

Thread: What if conspiracy sites were....venus fly traps!

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,049 times in 934 posts

Default Re: What if conspiracy sites were....venus fly traps!

Hi Energygardener,

Quote 1. Grow this forum quickly to the extent we reach 3% for social enlightenment.
    Could you explain the meaning of your 3% theory?

Quote 3. Far exceed the capacity of all international FEMA-type camps.
    What about when "campers" just start disappearing?

Sincerely, gooty

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gooty64 For This Post:

Bollinger (9th January 2012), Tony (9th January 2012)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member spiritguide's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,730 times in 1,479 posts

When the government uses the camps for detention then you will see game on. Ya gotta love it when your opponent says rules to the game are no longer in play. Love a game without rules as they are easy to win. When they play top down, we play bottom up with side moves. lol Fear not!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spiritguide For This Post:

aranuk (9th January 2012), Tony (9th January 2012)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member EnergyGardener's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,647 times in 455 posts

Kathie,

First, my apologies for my inexperience to cut and paste.

Quote Distraction to what? Pure soul development? Couldn't we have accomplished that without volunteering into this dimension

Please elaborate - I have no idea what you mean!

It is easier to meditate in quiet environment. Earth is not a quiet environment. The challenge, it seems to me, is despite the distractions (of attempting to survive), to accomplish not only self soul development, but group soul development. I have read in many places, the percentage that this is accomplished (3% being the goal), will determine the level of human control in the next phase at both the 3rd and 4th dimensions. Is this true?

Quote If you have a mindset to risk participation, you must also have the confidence to sort fact from fiction.

My, I wish I had your confidence. Perhaps you could give me a few tips about how to sort fact from fiction. I keep trying to do this, but the conclusions I draw are invariably different from the conclusions others arrive at...even if we were looking at the same source of info!

You do have my confidence or you wouldn't be participating. Like you, I also reach differing conclusions. But, thus far, none that I can announce as fact. Isn't that our hope / objective? As you suggested, even then, there will be differing interpretations of the "facts," moreover, the solution/s. My personal belief, is that we knew the facts prior to birth, but in our agreement to help, surrendered that conscious knowledge (requirement for participation) with the "confidence" we would recognize the truth subconsciously or by what "resonates." This is a bit fuzzy, of course, and mistakes will be made...

Quote Has anyone yet sold the farm? Does anyone still have a farm?

Again, sorry - I don't know what this means. Perhaps it is a US expression?

So...are you saying that you have no concerns about the level of conformity and adherence to hearsay on alternative websites?

Yes, "Selling the Farm," is a US phrase. It means selling everything to do something different. The US was 90% agricultural not so many years ago, phrase was a literal description for most Americans as they migrated to urban and "professional" occupations. Not so much now, in fact. Those with farms are glad they have them and only sell them when they have to.

"Does anyone still have a farm," relates a bit to the above transition, but more to the current grab of all assets by the banks. I am witnessing the liquidation of many commercial real estate with older loans, on the basis that the loans are in default: some for being behind in payments, but most, simply that the market (appraised) values have fallen well below the loan values. The worst part: In recent years, with previous adjustments to falling values, the owners were duped into providing additional collateral to keep their loans, to keep the properties. Not only are the banks now claiming the properties, but the additional collateral recently provided: usually in cash, but also many times, with other unencumbered properties. You can appreciate the despair to the losing owners with the loss of the properties, collateral, businesses associated with those properties, and vast amounts of cash in previous land payments. In many cases, the remaining loan balances are less than 25% of the original loans.

The banks, surprise, are winning; the people are losing...

Thus, "Does anyone still have a farm?"

Those without debt are in very good shape at the moment.

This is happening at an accelerated pace in the US; much less so in Canada, at least for the time being...
    What Happens to Us, Is Less Important, Than; How We React, When It Does
    -and-
    What Happens to Us, Is Less Important, If; We are Prepared, When It Does - US Copyright 2003

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EnergyGardener For This Post:

Bollinger (9th January 2012), Tarka the Duck (9th January 2012), Tony (9th January 2012)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

Gooty,

Quote 1. Grow this forum quickly to the extent we reach 3% for social enlightenment.

It's "the 3% rule." It "theoretically applies to all species. When 3% of a given species does the same thing, it enters the consciousness of the majority.

Just like a kidnapping, "Do not get into the car."

"Do not walk into the camp!"
    -and-
    What Happens to Us, Is Less Important, If; We are Prepared, When It Does - US Copyright 2003

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EnergyGardener For This Post:

spiritguide (9th January 2012), Tony (9th January 2012)

9. Link to Post #25
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,260 times in 3,618 posts

Inside the Walls 

Regrets of the Dying

The Top Five Regrets Of The Dying
    Bronnie Ware

Privacy Information
     REGRETS OF THE DYING
    For many years I worked in palliative care. My patients were those who had gone home to die. Some incredibly special times were shared. I was with them for the last three to twelve weeks of their lives.

People grow a lot when they are faced with their own mortality. I learnt never to underestimate someone's capacity for growth. Some changes were phenomenal. Each experienced a variety of emotions, as expected, denial, fear, anger, remorse, more denial and eventually acceptance. Every single patient found their peace before they departed though, every one of them.

When questioned about any regrets they had or anything they would do differently, common themes surfaced again and again. Here are the most common five:

1. I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.

This was the most common regret of all. When people realise that their life is almost over and look back clearly on it, it is easy to see how many dreams have gone unfulfilled. Most people had not honoured even a half of their dreams and had to die knowing that it was due to choices they had made, or not made.

It is very important to try and honour at least some of your dreams along the way. From the moment that you lose your health, it is too late. Health brings a freedom very few realise, until they no longer have it.

2. I wish I didn't work so hard.

This came from every male patient that I nursed. They missed their children's youth and their partner's companionship. Women also spoke of this regret. But as most were from an older generation, many of the female patients had not been breadwinners. All of the men I nursed deeply regretted spending so much of their lives on the treadmill of a work existence.

By simplifying your lifestyle and making conscious choices along the way, it is possible to not need the income that you think you do. And by creating more space in your life, you become happier and more open to new opportunities, ones more suited to your new lifestyle.

3. I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.

Many people suppressed their feelings in order to keep peace with others. As a result, they settled for a mediocre existence and never became who they were truly capable of becoming. Many developed illnesses relating to the bitterness and resentment they carried as a result.

We cannot control the reactions of others. However, although people may initially react when you change the way you are by speaking honestly, in the end it raises the relationship to a whole new and healthier level. Either that or it releases the unhealthy relationship from your life. Either way, you win.

4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.

Often they would not truly realise the full benefits of old friends until their dying weeks and it was not always possible to track them down. Many had become so caught up in their own lives that they had let golden friendships slip by over the years. There were many deep regrets about not giving friendships the time and effort that they deserved. Everyone misses their friends when they are dying.

It is common for anyone in a busy lifestyle to let friendships slip. But when you are faced with your approaching death, the physical details of life fall away. People do want to get their financial affairs in order if possible. But it is not money or status that holds the true importance for them. They want to get things in order more for the benefit of those they love. Usually though, they are too ill and weary to ever manage this task. It is all comes down to love and relationships in the end. That is all that remains in the final weeks, love and relationships.

5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.

This is a surprisingly common one. Many did not realise until the end that happiness is a choice. They had stayed stuck in old patterns and habits. The so-called 'comfort' of familiarity overflowed into their emotions, as well as their physical lives. Fear of change had them pretending to others, and to their selves, that they were content. When deep within, they longed to laugh properly and have silliness in their life again.

When you are on your deathbed, what others think of you is a long way from your mind. How wonderful to be able to let go and smile again, long before you are dying.

Life is a choice. It is YOUR life. Choose consciously, choose wisely, choose honestly. Choose happiness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Based on this article, Bronnie has now released a full-length book, titled The Top Five Regrets of the Dying. It is a memoir of her own life and how it was transformed by the regrets of dying people. It may be ordered through bookstores worldwide or from Balboa Press.
    It is also available via the link on this page.
    Details for wholesale orders may be found on Bronnie's official website.

10. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Post:

araucaria (9th January 2012), Aurvandil (9th January 2012), Curt (9th January 2012), EnergyGardener (9th January 2012), GaelVictor (5th February 2012), gooty64 (9th January 2012), jessamy99 (11th January 2012), Lisab (9th January 2012), Mad Hatter (5th February 2012), OneLittleFrog (9th January 2012), Seikou-Kishi (9th January 2012), shamanseeker (9th January 2012), spiritguide (9th January 2012), Tarka the Duck (9th January 2012), Zampano (10th January 2012), zebowho (9th January 2012)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Quote Posted by EnergyGardener (here)
    Gooty,

It's "the 3% rule." It "theoretically applies to all species. When 3% of a given species does the same thing, it enters the consciousness of the majority.

This sounds like what most people might understand as the Hundredth Monkey effect

12. The Following User Says Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Black Panther (9th January 2012)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

3% rule for social enlightenment and 100th monket effect both of these sound dreadfully over-simplified to me.

PS I know the next comment back to me already-so save it for a sheeple, "if you don't believe in it, it won't manifest for you".

Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    Gooty,

This sounds like what most people might understand as the Hundredth Monkey effect

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gooty64 For This Post:

araucaria (9th January 2012), spiritguide (9th January 2012), Tony (9th January 2012)

15. Link to Post #28
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

This is a battle for your consciousness, into misdirecting it to outer phenomena or clouding the mind with fear. In the west what is most promoted is your individuality, but all that ends up doing is conforming. Conforming into a dullness, or over excitement. This only serves to close the mind down.

Because we identify with the body so strongly, if the body is weaken we feel as if we are weakening, this is not true. We are not the body.

Consciousness resides in the body, but consciousness is still in the conventional side of reality.
    It can be interfered with. Ideas can be dropped in at any time. As we identify with the body so we also identify with our thoughts: we think the thoughts are us! They are not.

We are beyond consciousness, we are pure perception or empty essence or pure ...whatever you want to call it. It is ultimate reality. That cannot be touched. It does not exist in the physical or the mind. It was never created, it just is.

As we are in the body we have to respect the physical reality or relative truth (a temporary existence that only 'seems' real.) The two truths have to work together. Anything can arise in emptiness, and the nature of all things is emptiness.

Because of our pure perception all appearances can be seen. All appearances can be seen because of pure perception. This is open mind.

However the mind gets clouded with ideas, which we/consciousness latch onto. It's like missing that this text can only be seen by virtue of the clarity of the white screen.

The more you notice this misdirection of consciousness the more it seems to be happening. It is not we are merely noticing what is going on all the time.

We assume we are conscious all the time, we do not notice an oscillation taking place, of moving in and out of the dream.

This is why one meditates, to practice seeing.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Post:

magicmanx (9th January 2012), PurpleLama (9th January 2012), RedeZra (9th January 2012), spiritguide (9th January 2012)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Gooty,

I wrote "theoretical." While I understand the basis of results with multiple examples, and I hope it is true, I cannot state that it is true or not.

The bigger question to me: If it is true, or a similar concept (who is going to run the calculator?): Can we work well enough together for our desired outcome?

There is the acceleration of information, declining population (perhaps), help from others (including ETs and EDs?) and realization when predicted things do in fact come to pass. The opposite effect occurs when they don't.

This acceleration is offset by loss of resources, including, perhaps, loss to the internet.

Please don't presume a hostile response on my behalf.

Gooty, you always ask very straight-forward questions, from my brief experience in this forum. Except for this last one, I enjoy your posts because you don't attempt over-eloquent language or portend insider knowledge, though I could do without seeing your "sheeple" reference again.
    Last edited by EnergyGardener; 9th January 2012 at 17:08.
    -and-

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EnergyGardener For This Post:

Nickolai (9th January 2012), Tony (9th January 2012)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,716 times in 8,943 posts

Quote Posted by pie'n'eal (here)
    This is a battle for your consciousness, into misdirecting it to outer phenomena or clouding the mind with fear. In the west what is most promoted is your individuality, but all that ends up doing is conforming. Conforming into a dullness, or over excitement. This only serves to close the mind down.

Because we identify with the body so strongly, if the body is weaken we feel as if we are weakening, this is not true. We are not the body.

Consciousness resides in the body, but consciousness is still in the conventional side of reality.
    It can be interfered with. Ideas can be dropped in at any time. As we identify with the body so we also identify with our thoughts: we think the thoughts are us! They are not.

We are beyond consciousness, we are pure perception or empty essence or pure ...whatever you want to call it. It is ultimate reality. That cannot be touched. It does not exist in the physical or the mind. It was never created, it just is.

As we are in the body we have to respect the physical reality or relative truth (a temporary existence that only 'seems' real.) The two truths have to work together. Anything can arise in emptiness, and the nature of all things is emptiness.

Because of our pure perception all appearances can be seen. All appearances can be seen because of pure perception. This is open mind.

However the mind gets clouded with ideas, which we/consciousness latch onto. It's like missing that this text can only be seen by virtue of the clarity of the white screen.

The more you notice this misdirection of consciousness the more it seems to be happening. It is not we are merely noticing what is going on all the time.

We assume we are conscious all the time, we do not notice an oscillation taking place, of moving in and out of the dream.

This is why one meditates, to practice seeing.
    therefore, based on the above, conspiracy forums are fly traps.

Does it makes us starve for the essential, as a caught fly?

Slow death, .... but as long as nobody comes with the flies smasher (you know that thing in rubber to smash flies on the wall).
    Last edited by Flash; 9th January 2012 at 16:50.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Tony (9th January 2012)

21. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Member ceetee9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,542 times in 741 posts

Good question Tony. I’ve often thought about this as well—albeit not as a venus fly trap metaphor, but I try not to let it concern me too much since, in actuality, there is really no way of knowing which sites are and which are not. Perhaps they all are to one degree or another, even PA. And by that I mean I have little doubt that there is disinformation in all these sites whether intentionally planted (to distract, rebuff, or cloud an issue) or unintentionally planted by those with over-zealous desires or beliefs. But then I don’t come to these sites necessarily looking for “truth.” I come looking for information and ideas to help me to discern what, if any of it, is true. If I find something that can be “proven” then all the better, but I don’t expect to find much of that type of information. I think “Tarka the Duck” summed it up nicely, “For me, both heart and mind is essential. “

Speaking of “Tarka the Duck,” I like her idea of creating a website for consolidating and cross-referencing information—not so much for a vetting process, but to categorize and organize data into a database that is easily searchable. As a software engineer I have thought about doing this for quite some time now, but I am not a database or website design engineer. I have never really liked the format of these forums because they consume far too much time wading through all the data to get to the information in which I am most interested—not to mention the time I waste being distracted by threads that are interesting but that have nothing to do with what I was originally seeking; like this thread for instance. Of course, had I been searching a database for, say, UFOs or Zero Point Energy, I would not have found this thread and been given the opportunity to chime in. So, obviously, these types of forums are important and have their place as well.

Anyway, getting back to the website idea, like “Tarka the Duck,” I would be interested in working with a good database and web design engineer to establish a wiki-like website that enables users to contribute alternative media news and information into a well categorized and organized database that anyone can easily search for information that interests them most. I like the idea of adding credentials and some type of user rating system, but I don’t believe credentials, in and of themselves, necessarily means the author of a piece is any more credible or reliable (or doesn’t have some type of agenda) than a researcher with little or no academic credentials or affiliations. There are plenty of good researchers out there who deserve every bit as much attention and credit as ones with a Ph. D after their name and there are plenty of Ph. D’s out there who deserve to be flagged as questionable and/or likely part of a government or corporate disinformation/cover up campaign.

If anyone is interested in attempting to do something like this, PM me and let’s see if we can get something useful going—maybe it could even be an adjunct to PA.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ceetee9 For This Post:

Mad Hatter (5th February 2012), Tony (9th January 2012)

23. Link to Post #32
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Any significance to the 'Venus' part of the potenial fly trap or is it 'just an expression'...?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Elixer For This Post:

Tony (9th January 2012)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

EG, no, no that response was not addressed to you, I guess I was imagining the peanut gallery crowd-lol.

PS, I have also heard that if 10% of the people consciously awaken that would create a "tipping point" but, that too sounds vague, lofty and not based on anything real.

That's the kind of stuff you hear on webinars or from circuit speakers talking to the their audience.

How does 3% or 10% change the earth civilization no matter how happy and bright they are?

THanks, Gooty

Quote Posted by gooty64 (here)
    3% rule for social enlightenment and 100th monket effect both of these sound dreadfully over-simplified to me.

PS I know the next comment back to me already-so save it for a sheeple, "if you don't believe in it, it won't manifest for you".

Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    Gooty,

26. The Following User Says Thank You to gooty64 For This Post:

Tony (9th January 2012)

27. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

Gooty,

I believe the basis for the theory: The behavior and consciousness of the minority (be it 3%, 10% or whatever) via our sub-consciousness connections (aren't we all connected?) by universal law, becomes a conscious behavior of the majority of the species.

It would be interesting to review studies of recent transitions to television, automobiles, electricity, mobile phones, etc. Would the acceleration chart dramatically jump after a certain minority percentage? While I would anticipate many arguments why that would have nothing to do with the "3% consciousness rule," it would be interesting to see if there is a consistent number that precipitated the jump.

Does anyone within this forum have access or can chart the historical data?

Cheers
    Last edited by EnergyGardener; 9th January 2012 at 17:32.
    -and-

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EnergyGardener For This Post:

gooty64 (9th January 2012), Nickolai (9th January 2012), Tony (9th January 2012)

29. Link to Post #35
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,127 times in 3,536 posts

Hey Tony,

I think you might be correct mate. Nowadays, almost everything is a trap, and we are the products being sold.

Personally, I have no problems with traps, because traps aren´t a problem if you don´t actually get trapped.

I like to analyze the structure of every kind of different trap, because it tells a lot about why someone wants you to get trapped. Most of the times, the real information is hidden on the trap´s structure, not on the bait.

If you´re smart enough to avoid getting trapped, every trap becomes a valuable source of information, to increase awareness of what´s going on behind the curtains and to build a strong discernment foundation.

Cheers,

Raf.

30. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

Black Panther (9th January 2012), DoubleHelix (9th January 2012), EnergyGardener (9th January 2012), Falcor (9th January 2012), jorr lundstrom (9th January 2012), Mad Hatter (5th February 2012), Sebastion (5th February 2012), shamanseeker (9th January 2012), spiritguide (9th January 2012), Tarka the Duck (9th January 2012), Tony (9th January 2012)

31. Link to Post #36
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 times in 284 posts

What if conspiracy sites were....venus fly traps!

Oh, you are not going to like this...

Get two people, one male the other female, (people one can identify with) then get some whistle-blowers with a possible smidgen of truth about them, make videos....collect all those non-conformist thinkers under one or a few roofs! Then monitor them. Feed in bits of information, (not proven), channeling (not proven) predictions (not proven) and you have them all running round in circles...for as long as it suits you. And if it doesn't suit...what happens then?

Does any one believe these whistle-blowers, predictors and channelers any more?

Is this beyond possibility?

Is it beyond possibilities to keep producing ufo-type films - half believable, and the other obviously false - ”That will keep 'em guessing!”

Derren Brown, the 'illusionist', has shown that one can make the weak-minded believe and see anything.

That is the whole point: get us to keep speculating as if we know, so that we now think we are the whistle-blowers! This automatically gets other's backs up...and around we go again. Conspiracy members have merely become repeaters.

It's starting to sound like a religion that can be twisted at every turn.

And so the non-conformists start to conform!

I am really mindful of Albert Pike's finally solution: to get everyone confused, theists and atheists that they do not know they are worshipping the “Bringer of Light"...Satan. Perhaps Albert Pike and his friends are a subterfuge...perhpas they are being used. After all, we are going nowhere fast.

Why make statements that are Not Provable?
    It merely keeps people guessing.

Everything... everything is a distraction!!!

Tony
    Hi Tony,

Congratulations on bringing up some very valid points and coming up with a thread that has in it some real meat and potatoes.

The belief game is big business don’t you know? You only need a set of unprovable ideas (as in religion) or a bunch of tenuous links pointing to a collection of theories to conjure up a nice book, or a website, perhaps a movie, a radio show, or YouTube channel or just pretend you have access to information other people have not: anything that will capture the attention of people who are already “resonating” with whatever you’re purveying and you have yourself a thriving industry.

Twenty years ago the customer base for such things wasn’t so large and the conspiracy traders were somewhat fewer than they are now. But the Internet, being a very cheap medium through which one can achieve modest recognition, has increased the participant levels and we now stand at a point where the word “Illuminati” has become a fashionable buzz-phrase, especially among teenagers, most of whom understand very little and care even less about what it actually means.

Am I saying that everything under the alternative hammer is false? No. But that is the problem. Which bits should we concentrate on and which bits do we leave out? We now have information overload on just about every conceivable subject under the sky. You asked someone earlier to define what they meant by “open mind”? An excellent question, I might add. Literally, it has no meaning, but metaphorically it means eat everything you like the taste of; in other words we’re back to that “resonate” word again.

I have read over and over on this forum people advising other people to use “discernment” on just about every bit of information that comes up? To me, if any time you have to use discernment to evaluate the veracity of something, it has no real value but it might have some benefit. For example, the channelled messages, I find, are always full of hope - where ever they come. It is equivalent to seeing an uplifting film or listening to a gorgeous piece of music. No real value to the world but plenty of benefit to the individual. It is not necessary to believe it, simply take it in and enjoy it like music and art.

Where I do draw the line is with people who are hell-bent on predicting doom and disaster of one sort or another and then audaciously inviting us to “find out more” by buying the book or visiting the website. And guess what? There is actually a market for people who are willing to part with their cash to find out how and when the world is going to end. So I guess the joke is on me.

I don’t know whether or not we are being purposely distracted from whatever it is they don’t want us to scrutinize but human nature teaches us that we actually “want” and often “yearn” distraction from the long stretches of tedium that comes with the territory called life.
    Hope springs eternal in the human breast; Man never Is, but always To be blest: The soul, uneasy and confin'd from home, Rests and expatiates in a life to come.
    Alexander Pope

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bollinger For This Post:

DoubleHelix (9th January 2012), Mad Hatter (5th February 2012), Nickolai (9th January 2012), OneLittleFrog (9th January 2012), RMorgan (9th January 2012), spiritguide (9th January 2012), Tarka the Duck (9th January 2012), Tony (9th January 2012)

33. Link to Post #37
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bollinger (here)
    What if conspiracy sites were....venus fly traps!

Oh, you are not going to like this...

Get two people, one male the other female, (people one can identify with) then get some whistle-blowers with a possible smidgen of truth about them, make videos....collect all those non-conformist thinkers under one or a few roofs! Then monitor them. Feed in bits of information, (not proven), channeling (not proven) predictions (not proven) and you have them all running round in circles...for as long as it suits you. And if it doesn't suit...what happens then?

Does any one believe these whistle-blowers, predictors and channelers any more?

Is this beyond possibility?

Is it beyond possibilities to keep producing ufo-type films - half believable, and the other obviously false - ”That will keep 'em guessing!”

Derren Brown, the 'illusionist', has shown that one can make the weak-minded believe and see anything.

That is the whole point: get us to keep speculating as if we know, so that we now think we are the whistle-blowers! This automatically gets other's backs up...and around we go again. Conspiracy members have merely become repeaters.

It's starting to sound like a religion that can be twisted at every turn.

And so the non-conformists start to conform!

I am really mindful of Albert Pike's finally solution: to get everyone confused, theists and atheists that they do not know they are worshipping the “Bringer of Light"...Satan. Perhaps Albert Pike and his friends are a subterfuge...perhpas they are being used. After all, we are going nowhere fast.

Why make statements that are Not Provable?
    It merely keeps people guessing.

Everything... everything is a distraction!!!

Tony
    Hi Tony,

Congratulations on bringing up some very valid points and coming up with a thread that has in it some real meat and potatoes.

The belief game is big business don’t you know? You only need a set of unprovable ideas (as in religion) or a bunch of tenuous links pointing to a collection of theories to conjure up a nice book, or a website, perhaps a movie, a radio show, or YouTube channel or just pretend you have access to information other people have not: anything that will capture the attention of people who are already “resonating” with whatever you’re purveying and you have yourself a thriving industry.

Twenty years ago the customer base for such things wasn’t so large and the conspiracy traders were somewhat fewer than they are now. But the Internet, being a very cheap medium through which one can achieve modest recognition, has increased the participant levels and we now stand at a point where the word “Illuminati” has become a fashionable buzz-phrase, especially among teenagers, most of whom understand very little and care even less about what it actually means.

Am I saying that everything under the alternative hammer is false? No. But that is the problem. Which bits should we concentrate on and which bits do we leave out? We now have information overload on just about every conceivable subject under the sky. You asked someone earlier to define what they meant by “open mind”? An excellent question, I might add. Literally, it has no meaning, but metaphorically it means eat everything you like the taste of; in other words we’re back to that “resonate” word again.

I have read over and over on this forum people advising other people to use “discernment” on just about every bit of information that comes up? To me, if any time you have to use discernment to evaluate the veracity of something, it has no real value but it might have some benefit. For example, the channelled messages, I find, are always full of hope - where ever they come. It is equivalent to seeing an uplifting film or listening to a gorgeous piece of music. No real value to the world but plenty of benefit to the individual. It is not necessary to believe it, simply take it in and enjoy it like music and art.

Where I do draw the line is with people who are hell-bent on predicting doom and disaster of one sort or another and then audaciously inviting us to “find out more” by buying the book or visiting the website. And guess what? There is actually a market for people who are willing to part with their cash to find out how and when the world is going to end. So I guess the joke is on me.

I don’t know whether or not we are being purposely distracted from whatever it is they don’t want us to scrutinize but human nature teaches us that we actually “want” and often “yearn” distraction from the long stretches of tedium that comes with the territory called life.
    Abso-bloody-lutely right!

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Tony For This Post:

Bollinger (9th January 2012)

35. Link to Post #38
    UK Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,971 times in 881 posts

Hi Bollinger,

Quote Posted by Bollinger (here)
    I have read over and over on this forum people advising other people to use “discernment” on just about every bit of information that comes up? To me, if any time you have to use discernment to evaluate the veracity of something, it has no real value but it might have some benefit. For example, the channelled messages, I find, are always full of hope - where ever they come. It is equivalent to seeing an uplifting film or listening to a gorgeous piece of music. No real value to the world but plenty of benefit to the individual.
    This is where I think it is very important to use discernment. What may look like harmless and can only do benefit, may actually be a trap.

With only looking on the surface, how can we say something provides benefit?

If the last place we are going to look is in what appears 'harmless', then you can guess that the PTB will try to hide there.
    Jeanette

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jenci For This Post:

Bollinger (9th January 2012), shamanseeker (9th January 2012), spiritguide (9th January 2012)

37. Link to Post #39
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

What do mean 'What If', they are..!

The only escape is through your own 'Knowing/Intuition & Discernment'..!

38. Link to Post #40
    Thanks

Quote Posted by jorr lundstrom (here)

I wonder, have you found pieces with the painted side up? I only find pieces

with the backside up and when I turn them over I just find another backside.

Quite tricky, but a lovely opportunity to examine my own confusions.

Of course those forums can be viewed as flytraps. But we who are here

are in search of the TRUTH that will set us free. Right? Have you heard

of anyone been set free by any TRUTH on this kind of forums?

Im here to aquire the talent Alice had, to think three impossible

thoughts before breakfast. LOL
    great post.......it is funny to think of how sometimes we believe the truth will set us free.....but in most instances, the search for truth can cause more suffering than good. but imo.....this thinking is a necessary step as there is much opportunity for growth.

if we were to actually find the truth in a lot of the conspiracies that we entertain, would it actually change our day to day routine in any way? most likely, it would only change our perspective, and lets face it. most people arent ready to go there.

perhaps what sets us free is....... beyond knowing the whole truth

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Falcor For This Post:

jorr lundstrom (9th January 2012), Tarka the Duck (9th January 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast