+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sitchin calls his own bluff

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default Sitchin calls his own bluff

Hello everyone,
    the Natural History Museum in London holds the 4500 year old remains of Queen Shubad, a high ranking Sumerian woman who's DNA, Mr. Sitchin contends, could link her to the race of people who visited our little planet from Nibiru.

He's offered to pay for the tests to be carried out himself but needs a scientific research team to request a sample from the NHM.........so far, no takers!

There's also an interview with the man himself.
    http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/_news...-for-alien-dna

It's my first post ! i hope the link works and i hope someone takes him up on his offer soon
    inside every revolutionary, is a policeman

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Sitchin calls his own bluff

It will be interesting to see the results. Sitchins books are pretty ground breaking and most peoples theories would have little evidence if it wasn't for his dedication. I have every faith in him. Thanks for the link, pea's and love my fellow man.

3. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

it looks like the NHM has no particular objections to releasing a sample for testing, there's just some administrative hoops to jump through...... you'd think they'd have their own labs to this type of thing!
    It's a shame that she's not got the same mystique attached to her as Tutankhamun, he's been in and out of x ray machines and MRI scanners more times than a premier league footballer!
    Sitchin's getting on now, i think he deserves this and i'd be fascinated to see what the results are

4. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,021 times in 328 posts

Does that mean he is out of the hospital now?Cause last i heard he had been hospitalized?

5. Link to Post #5
    Portugal Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,751 times in 1,168 posts

Queen Shub-Ad, also known as Pu-Abi, "Word of my Father," lived in Ur, an ancient Mesopotamian city, circa 2600–2500 B.C. during the Third Dynasty.

The forensic examination of her remains, undertaken by London’s Natural History Museum, indicates that she was roughly 40 years old when she died. She stood just under five feet tall. Her name and title are known from the short inscription on one of three cylinder seals found on her person. The two cuneiform signs that compose her name were initially read as “Shub-ad” in Sumerian. Today, historians think they should be read in Akkadian as “Pu-abi” (or, more correctly, “Pu-abum,” meaning “word of the Father”). Her title is “eresh” (sometimes mistakenly read as “nin”), and means “queen.”

In early Mesopotamia, women, even elite women, were generally described in relation to their husbands. For example, the inscription on the cylinder seal of the wife of the ruler of the city-state of Lagash (to the east of Ur) reads “Bara-namtara, wife of Lugal-anda, ruler of the city-state of Lagash.” The fact that Puabi is identified without the mention of her husband may indicate that she was queen in her own right. If so, she probably reigned prior to the time of the First Dynasty of Ur, whose first ruler is known from the Sumerian King List as Mesannepada. Inscribed artifacts from the Seal Impression Strata (SIS) layers above the royal tombs at Ur name Mesannepada, King of Kish, an honorific used by rulers claiming control over all of southern Mesopotamia.

The fact that Puabi is identified without the mention of her husband may indicate that she was queen in her own right.
    This diverse group of objects includes items from Puabi’s dressing table, such as her cosmetics. The semicircular object with carved relief showing a lion attacking a caprid (a sheep or goat) is the lid of a poorly preserved silver box that contained kohl, a black pigment, used to highlight the eyes. The cylinder seal bears the name “Abarage,” whose identity is unknown. It is believed Abarage to be Puabi’s husband.

Sitchin, as he says, is no historian and has difficulty grasping the nuances of ancient languages.
    Anyway, when we look at this time frame we have in Egipt- The Fourth Dynasty of Ancient Egypt, also written as Dynasty 4 and Dynasty IV, is characterized as a "golden age" of the Old Kingdom. The fourth dynasty lasted from ca. 2613 to 2494 BC.[1] It was a time of peace and prosperity as well as one during which trade with other countries is documented.

See more here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_dynasty_of_Egypt

....maybe Stichin is trying to make a conexion ...

NAMASTE

6. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

daniel, very good post and welcome to you, i would love to see the results as i feel it would be very interesting either way and thank you maria for the link
    cheers
    m

7. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,831 times in 304 posts

Thanks Daniel and Maria for the interesting posts. I hope someone takes Mr Sitchin up on his offer too!
    Peace.
    caren

8. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

thanks for your kind words Morguana and Caren

i think Mr Sitchin shows us why it's important for minority views to exist, the conservative establishment always needs someone nibbling away at what they hold dear......I remember once someone had to nerve to suggest that the earth revolved around the sun !

9. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Hi Daniel, your welcome. "the conservative establishment always needs someone nibbling away at what
    they hold dear" ..I like that. Thanks,
    caren

10. Link to Post #10
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 times in 479 posts

Wow! that was a very good interview with Mr. Sitchin. Thanks to your first post!

I would like to highlight a small part of the interview here.

Quotes: 'Don’t link me to 2012. Nothing will happen in 2012. The last time that Nibiru was in our vicinity was in the 6th century B.C. I provide information about this and sky maps and anything you want in my book “The End of Days.” But don’t link me to 2012.

Another aspect, by the way, is that if you do a search on “Annunaki” you get a million and a half websites. People use my writings and make up their own stories … I’m responsible for what I say, but not for what others say and their interpretations.
    In general I think there’s a whole industry that has grown up in the media, mostly in the movies, for creating panic and fear. Who knows? “Something will happen, it’s coming.” I don’t think so' End of the quotes.

The reason I'm doing this is simply because I read from many authors that Sitchin said Nibiru will come back in 2012. If you carefully read the book 'the 12th planet', you will find a few part of the book which clearly states that the 12th planet has an orbite which last 3600 years in Earth time and the last time it might have passed is sometimes around 556BC which would make the next passage around year 3000! That is what Mr. Sitchin said.

Namaste, Steven

11. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Hi Steven, wow... got to love Mr Sitchin, he is an amazing man, much respect,
    caren

12. Link to Post #12
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by danieljackson (here)
    It's a shame that she's not got the same mystique attached to her as Tutankhamun, he's been in and out of x ray machines and MRI scanners more times than a premier league footballer!
    Hi danieljackson. Apologies if this is slightly off topic, but have you seen this? Any comment?

http://www.eutimes.net/2010/06/king-...tern-european/

King Tut’s DNA is Western European

(I am genetically more related to TUT than Egyptians lol.).

Despite the refusal of the Secretary General of the Egyptian Supreme Council of Antiquities, Zahi Hawass, to release any DNA results which might indicate the racial ancestry of Pharaoh Tutankhamen, the leaked results reveal that King Tut’s DNA is a 99.6 percent match with Western European Y chromosomes.

The DNA test results were inadvertently revealed on a Discovery Channel TV documentary filmed with Hawass’s permission — but it seems as if the Egyptian failed to spot the giveaway part of the documentary which revealed the test results.

Hawass previously announced that he would not release the racial DNA results of Egyptian mummies — obviously because he feared the consequences of such a revelation.

On the Discovery Channel broadcast, which can be seen on the Discovery Channel website here, or if they pull it, on YouTube

at approximately 1:53 into the video, the camera pans over a printout of DNA test results from King Tut.

Firstly, here is a brief explanation of the results visible in the video. It is a list of what is called Short Tandem Repeats (STRs).

STRs are repeated DNA sequences which are “short repeat units” whose characteristics make them especially suitable for human identification.

These STR values for 17 markers visible in the video are as follows:

DYS 19 – 14 (? not clear)

DYS 385a – 11

DYS 385b – 14

DYS 389i – 13

DYS 389ii – 30

DYS 390 – 24

DYS 391 – 11

DYS 392 – 13

DYS 393 – 13

DYS 437 – 14 (? not clear)

DYS 438 – 12

DYS 439 – 10

DYS 448 – 19

DYS 456 – 15

DYS 458 – 16

DYS 635 – 23

YGATAH4 – 11

What does this mean? Fortunately, a genius by the name of Whit Athey provides the key to this list. Mr Athey is a retired physicist whose working career was primarily at the Food and Drug Administration where he was chief of one of the medical device labs.

Mr Athey received his doctorate in physics and biochemistry at Tufts University, and undergraduate (engineering) and masters (math) degrees at Auburn University. For several years during the 1980s, he also taught one course each semester in the electrical engineering department of the University of Maryland. Besides his interest in genetic genealogy, he is an amateur astronomer and has his own small observatory near his home in Brookeville, MD.

He also runs a very valuable website called the “Haplogroup Predictor” which allows users to input STR data and generate the haplogroup which marks those STR data.

For those who want to know what a haplogroup is, here is a “simple” definition: a haplogroup is a group of similar haplotypes that share a common ancestor with a single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) mutation.

Still none the wiser? Damn these scientists.

Ok, let’s try it this way: a haplotype is a combination of multiple specific locations of a gene or DNA sequence on a chromosome.

Haplogroups are assigned letters of the alphabet, and refinements consist of additional number and letter combinations, for example R1b or R1b1. Y-chromosome and mitochondrial DNA haplogroups have different haplogroup designations. In essence, haplogroups give an inisight into ancestral origins dating back thousands of years.

By entering all the STR data inadvertently shown on the Discovery video, a 99.6 percent fit with the R1b haplogroup is revealed.

The significance is, of course, that R1b is the most common Y-chromosome haplogroup in Europe reaching its highest concentrations in Ireland, Scotland, western England and the European Atlantic seaboard — in other words, European through and through.

So much for the Afro-centrists and others who have derided the very obvious northwestern European appearance of a large number of the pharonic mummies. It seems like March of the Titans was right after all…

13. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

In human genetics, Haplogroup R is a Y-chromosome DNA haplogroup, a subgroup of haplogroup P, defined by the M207 mutation.This haplogroup is believed to have arisen around 26,800 years ago,[3] somewhere in Central Asia or South Asia, where its ancestor Haplogroup P is most often found at polymorphic frequencies.[4] Cambridge University geneticist Kivisild et al. (2003) suggests that southern and western Asia might be the source of this haplogroup:

Given the geographic spread and STR diversities of sister clades R1 and R2, the latter of which is restricted to India, Pakistan, Iran, and southern central Asia, it is possible that southern and western Asia were the source for R1 and R1a differentiation.
    R R1
    R1a

R1b

R2

[edit] Distribution

Distribution of R1a (purple) and R1b (red)The R haplogroup is common throughout Europe and western Asia and the Indian sub-continent, and in those whose ancestry is from within these regions. It also occurs in North and Sub-Saharan Africa. The distribution is markedly different for the two major subclades R1a and R1b.

Haplogroup R1a is typical in populations of Eastern Europe, Indian Subcontinent and parts of Central Asia. R1a has a significant presence in Northern Europe, Central Europe, Altaians and Iran as well as in Siberia. R1a can be found in low frequencies in the Middle East, mostly in Indo-European speakers or their descendants. [5]

Haplogroup R1b predominates in Western Europe. R1b can be found at high frequency in Bashkortostan (Russia)[6]. R1b can be found at low frequency in Central Asia, Middle East, South Asia as well as North Africa. There is an isolated pocket of R1b in Sub Saharan Africa.[7] In Europe, R1b coincides with areas of Celtic influence.

R1b (M343) Typical of populations of Western Europe and Bashkortostan, with a moderate distribution throughout Eurasia and in parts of Africa

http://www.eupedia.com/europe/origin...#R1b-subclades

Chronological development of Y-DNA haplogroups , namely the R group ( one of the subdivisions, the R1b group)

R => 28,000 years ago (in the Central Asia)
    R1b => 20,000 years ago (around the Caspian Sea or Central Asia) Migrations Time

R1b is the most common haplogroup in Western Europe, reaching over 80% of the population in Ireland, the Scottish Highlands, western Wales, the Atlantic fringe of France and the Basque country. It is also common in Anatolia and around the Caucasus, in parts of Russia and in Central and South Asia. Besides the Atlantic and North Sea coast of Europe, hotspots include the Po valley in north-central Italy (over 70%), the Ossetians of the North Caucasus (over 40%) and nearby Armenia (35%), the Bashkirs of the Urals region of Russia (50%), Turkmenistan (over 35%), the Hazara people of Afghanistan (35%), the Uyghurs of North-West China (20%) and the Newars of Nepal (11%). R1b-V88, a subclade specific to sub-Saharan Africa, is found in 60 to 95% of men in northern Cameroon.

Anatolian or Caucasian origins ?

The origins of R1b are not entirely clear to this day. Some of the oldest forms of R1b are found in the Near East and around the Caucasus. Haplogroup R1* and R2* might have originated in southern Central Asia (between the Caspian and the Hindu Kush). A branch of R1 would have developed into R1b* then R1b1* in the northern part of the Middle East during the Ice Age. It presumptively moved to northern Anatolia and across the Caucasus during the early Neolithic, where it became R1b1b. The Near Eastern leftovers evolved into R1b1a (M18), now found at low frequencies among the Lebanese and the Druze.The Phoenicians (who came from modern day Lebanon) spread this R1b1a and R1b1* to their colonies, notably Sardinia and the Maghreb.

14. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Balance this information .... because the conclusion that egipcian pharaohs have european ascend is a strech ....

Haplogroup R
    Y-chromosomes which possess the marker M207 (which defines Haplogroup R), but neither of the markers for its subgroups, are categorised as belonging to group R. However, R is exceedingly rare. According to Firasat et al. (2007), R has been found in 10.3% (10/97) of a sample of Burusho, 6.8% (3/44) of a sample of Kalash, and 1.0% (1/96) of a sample of Pashtuns from northern Pakistan in addition to 0.63% (4/638) of an ethnically mixed Pakistani sample.[9] Kivisild et al. (2003) have reported finding R* in 3.4% (1/29) of a sample of Indians from Gujarat

Haplogroup R1 (Y-DNA)
    The majority of members of haplogroup R belong to its subgroup R1, defined by marker M173. R1 is very common throughout Europe and western Eurasia in the form of its subclades R1a (SRY1532) and R1b (M343).

The Haplogroup R1 is very rare. Examples have been found in Turkey, Pakistan and India, but the highest frequency so far discovered is in Iran.

Haplogroup R1a (Y-DNA)
    The highest levels of R1a (>50%) are found across the Eurasian Steppe: West Bengal Brahmins (72%), and Uttar Pradesh Brahmins, (67%) , the Ishkashimi (68%), the Tajik population of Khojant (64%), Kyrgyz (63.5%), Sorbs (63.39%), Poles (56.4%), Ukrainians (50%) and Russians (50%)[4][11][14][15] and in the Central India among the saharia tribe of Madhya Pradesh R1a*(22.8%) and R1a1(28.07%).

R1a has been variously associated with:

the re-colonization of Eurasia during the Late Glacial Maximum.
    the expansion of the Kurgan people from the Pontic-Caspian steppe, which is associated with the spread of the Indo-European languages.
    The Modern studies for R1a1 (M17) suggest that it could have originated in South Asia. It could have found its way initially from Western India (Gujarat) through Pakistan and Kashmir, then via Central Asia and Russia, before finally coming to Europe"..."as part of an archaeologically dated Paleolithic movement from east to west 30,000 years ago

Haplogroup R1b (Y-DNA)
    Haplogroup R1b is thought to have originated in Central Asia, the Middle East, or Iberia.[citation needed] It is prolific in Western Europe, where frequencies of 70% or more have been found in populations from Ireland,[12] Spain,[11] and the Netherlands,[11] according to the Genographic Project conducted by the National Geographic Society.

It is also found in Bashkortostan where its frequency surpasses 84% in some parts of Bashkortostan.

It is also present at lower frequencies throughout Eastern Europe.[

Although it is rare in South Asia, some populations show relatively high percentages for R1b. These include Lambadi(Andhra Pradesh) showing 37%[21] , Hazara 32%[22] and Agharia(East India) at 30%[22]. Besides these, R1b has appeared in Balochi (8%), Chenchu (2%), Makrani (5%), Newars (10.6%), Pallan (3.5%), Pathan (10%), Punjabi (7.6%) and West Bengalis (6.5%).[
    It is also found in North Africa where its frequency surpasses 10% in some parts of Algeria.

NAMASTE

15. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Hi sargeist, thanks for that it's a really interesting piece of information, Zahi Hawass must have been spitting feathers

i've long thought that he's been keeping secrets - he's the protectionists protectionist ! I guess he'll be even more reluctant to approve any excavations under the shpynx now. This is a real eyeopener ! If there's a warehouse like the one at the end of raiders of the lost ark, you can bet he's got a key to the front door.

But i wouldn't say this was really off topic, it's all about the truth and how scared the authorities are of doing anything that might open a can of worms.

If anyone wanted proof that we're being kept in the dark then this has to go on the list - if he's not prepared to let something like this out in the open then what else is being hidden

+ Reply to Thread