+ Reply to Thread

Thread: India launches cashless biometeric system

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default India launches cashless biometeric system

Quote http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpre...eteric-system/

India launches nationwide program for new cashless biometeric system

January 13, 2012 – INDIA – Recently, India has launched a nationwide program involving the allocation of a Unique Identification Number (UID) to every single one of its 1.2 billion residents. Each of the numbers will be tied to the biometric data of the recipient using three different forms of information – fingerprints, iris scans, and pictures of the face. All ten digits of the hand will be recorded, and both eyes will be scanned. The project will be directed by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) under the premise of preventing identity theft and social welfare fraud. India has rather extensive social welfare and safety net programs, ranging from medical support and heating assistance to others aimed at helping the poor. Fraud is a rampant problem in India, especially in relation to these programs due to a preponderance of corrupt politicians and bureaucrats who often stuff welfare rolls with fake names and take the money for themselves. Yet, although the justification for the billion person database is the increased ability to accurately disperse social welfare benefits, it will not be just the Indian government’s social welfare programs that have access to and utilize the UIDAI. Indeed, even before the program has been completed, major banks, state/local governments, and other institutions are planning to use the UIDAI for identification verification purposes and, of course, payment and accessibility. –Prison Planet
    Well, it's started then...

2. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to oceanz For This Post:

4evrneo (5th March 2013), astrid (15th March 2012), Benimal (4th March 2013), bennycog (15th March 2012), Blueskywalking (15th March 2012), Calz (13th January 2012), centreoflight (3rd March 2013), Cidersomerset (13th January 2012), D-Day (13th January 2012), Eram (3rd March 2013), ghostrider (13th January 2012), GK76 (13th January 2012), jackovesk (13th January 2012), ktlight (13th January 2012), Limor Wolf (13th January 2012), Mad Hatter (15th March 2012), Referee (15th March 2012), Ria (13th January 2012), seko (13th January 2012), shadowstalker (13th January 2012), Sidney (15th March 2012), Tarka the Duck (15th March 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,637 times in 18,693 posts

Default Re: India launches cashless biometeric system

Ummm....Like all tools and tech its how they are used and abused that is the problem..........Very big potential for 'Big Brother' tyranny if not monitered...

We all want aid to reach the the targeted recipients and cut fraud by the wealthy.....But who is monitoring the monitors is always a big worry in this sad world....

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Calz (13th January 2012), D-Day (13th January 2012), Eram (3rd March 2013), GK76 (13th January 2012), Mad Hatter (15th March 2012), modwiz (13th January 2012), Muzz (15th March 2012), seko (13th January 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,071 times in 752 posts

Looks like the thin end of the wedge.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ria For This Post:

Eram (3rd March 2013), Mad Hatter (15th March 2012), Muzz (15th March 2012), Referee (15th March 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,961 times in 1,379 posts

They've been doing things like this for decades with the government bases, etc. In the interest of cutting fraud which is rampant, I think this really is a good idea. Using a thumb print or iris scan for payment purposes. eliminating the need for paper money.
    "Ignoring the evidence is simply another way of ignoring the truth."
    "Reality is always hard to accept whenever it is unpleasant. Our minds play tricks and tell us it just cannot be. Instead of accepting the truth as it is when it disturbs us, we try to deny its existence."

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DreamsInDigital For This Post:

Eram (3rd March 2013), Mad Hatter (15th March 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

Quote Posted by DreamsInDigital (here)
    They've been doing things like this for decades with the government bases, etc. In the interest of cutting fraud which is rampant, I think this really is a good idea. Using a thumb print or iris scan for payment purposes. eliminating the need for paper money.
    In my wildest imagination I cannot see this as a good thing, no. Power and ability gained is power abused, almost always!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

Eram (3rd March 2013), ghostrider (13th January 2012), Mad Hatter (15th March 2012), TargeT (15th March 2012)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,543 times in 2,615 posts

Please explain to me why using an iris scan is problematic?
    as opposed to a drivers license or state ID or birth certificate as we use in the USA?

I would like to understand the objection?

Is it because and Iris scan cannot be forged?
    Is it because you cant run away from your iris?

Finger prints are more difficult for me
    for it can track
    every place you go,
    everything you touch
    but an iris scan cannot.
    and certainly Inda has not the capability
    to put an iris scan in every store, for every street vendor
    and on every street corner.

In the USA the food stamp program is casless.
    Dont know about welfare payements... I think that is still a check
    Medicaid is cashless, at least the recepient never touches cash
    only the caregivers.
    Last edited by Arrowwind; 13th January 2012 at 16:15.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

alienHunter (13th January 2012), Benimal (4th March 2013), Eram (3rd March 2013), kanishk (3rd March 2013), Mad Hatter (15th March 2012), modwiz (13th January 2012), RMorgan (13th January 2012)

13. Link to Post #7
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

The true problem is the fact that you have to register and get a personal ID number AND NOW give them the ability to scan you instead of having to establish your identity by wordplay... we are being pushed further into the control system which started with your birth certificate. The system is designed to lock everyone into the government/legal control system, so you cannot separate yourself from the legal fiction 'person'. They don't need to identify you with your 'strawman' anymore, they just need to scan and you are locked into the legal system and subject to the statute laws. However, can they scan you without your consent? Should that happen we're truely screwed, break one of their false laws and you will be a victim of their twisted system.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GK76 For This Post:

centreoflight (3rd March 2013), Eram (3rd March 2013), Mad Hatter (15th March 2012)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 times in 472 posts

It always nice to have some actual hard currency as an option, something tangible. I like the idea of using all ten fingers/both iris/face if that is executed correctly it could be quite secure, cept that usually isnt the problem as things like that are usually circumvented by using an attack that doesn't requiring forging.
    The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for.
    -- Maureen Dowd --

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toad For This Post:

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,794 times in 6,634 posts

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    In my wildest imagination I cannot see this as a good thing, no. Power and ability gained is power abused, almost always!
    absolute power corrupts absolutely... just another step toward microchipping everyone's right hand or forehead.
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Bo Atkinson (15th March 2012), centreoflight (3rd March 2013), Eram (3rd March 2013), Mad Hatter (15th March 2012)

19. Link to Post #10
    Australia Avalon Member TigaHawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,103 times in 742 posts

the problem with a cashless system as people can be victimised greatly.

The ability for the person to click a button, and you're ID, and any assets associated with you go "poof"

I much prefer people committing wellfare fraud, as in a way it's not fraud, merely taking back what is rightfully yours.

when you strip away the fancy words and documentation that's dezigned to confuze you, and just say what government realy is:

An Thug organisation that forces you to subscribe to their services, even if not wanted or needed, which penalises you for stepping out of line from their system, even tho what they class as rules have no interest in the wellbeing of yourself, the enviroment and the world around you, only in the interest of the organisation.

Pretty sure that's Thuggery/Bullying/Harasment.

Sorry for finding this amusing - you do realise that over here in Australia, the cameras they use to take you're picture for you're drivers liscence, has for a few years now been a 3D camera.

Meaning, you drive a car, the police and government have a 3D map of you're face. Which, funnily enough, they use in conjunction with security cameras that the police have setup everywhere, including on every lamp post you walk by.

Over a year ago they were boasting each camera can track and recognise 250 faces simultaniously, wonder what it's up too now?

Having you're fingerprints and Iris scan just completes the agenda, as a big wadd of cash and a plastic surgeon could fix up the face tracking thing, you're iris scan and you're fingerprints however............

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TigaHawk For This Post:

bennycog (15th March 2012), centreoflight (3rd March 2013), Eram (3rd March 2013), Mad Hatter (15th March 2012)

21. Link to Post #11
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Its 'NOT' going to happen..!

22. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,209 times in 1,149 posts

I currently live (for the most part) totally out of the system. I am aware that my cell phone can be tracked, because even though I turned it off, it has been shown that this cannot be cancelled. I use cash for almost everything. I do not use my actual address. I still have a drivers license. And I still have a credit union (but every time I want to send a bank wire, the Credit Union is required by law to notify Homeland Security).

I see this program in India as a possible way to prevent fraud, however someone clever will just get around it. For example, who's to stop someone from hacking into the system (computerized, I'm sure) and adding more bodies?..... Then, think... how easy would it be to erase someone from the system? And if a person were erased, it would likely be impossible for them to get it all straightened out. This would make it really easy for someone in power to cut another off from all services. Think of all the Hollywood movies you've seen where a whistle blower, or someone else who fought for truth against TPTB was cut off from all access to money and funds to live. What were they disclosing to us with these movies? We are trading our freedom to the idea that computerized systems can run everything for us, but who controls the computers? How would a poor person in India be able to correct the situation if they 'fell out' of the system? There is an assumption that the people creating this system are, themselves, honest and not corrupt.

This might start with the excuse to track welfare recipients, but i am sure it will spread across the planet. Think of the movies where this is shown, for example Gattica, where power is removed from someone who is not seen as correct or fitting. I see any tracking of us as dangerous. We seem to have predators here on the planet. I don't like giving them a better way of tracking me.

However I am pragmatic, I don't see how it can be stopped.
    Last edited by Dawn; 13th January 2012 at 18:52.

23. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

centreoflight (3rd March 2013), conk (19th January 2012), Eram (3rd March 2013), fractal being (14th January 2012), kanishk (3rd March 2013), Mad Hatter (15th March 2012), Muzz (15th March 2012), sdv (15th March 2012), spiritwind (16th March 2012)

24. Link to Post #13
    India Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,533 times in 475 posts

When most of people got registered in UID (Adhar) fraud will also come in this system on local to upper governmental levels.

Nowadays old peoples, slum resident peoples feel glad after registering for UID. My grandmother also feel glad after registering in UID and talks about it interestingly.

Because they have hope that they will get facilitated with many governmental schemes ( people are not aware about schemes, how government works and about constitutional arrangements, they only know political groups run the country )

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kanishk For This Post:

centreoflight (3rd March 2013), Eram (3rd March 2013), Mad Hatter (15th March 2012), NancyV (15th March 2012), Referee (15th March 2012)

26. Link to Post #14
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,190 times in 369 posts

I think it's a great idea, almost 15 million jobs would magically arise in the U.S. ending unemployment problems and forcing the fraudulent people to actually work (even if it is stealing).

Rich

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oouthere For This Post:

28. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member Referee's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,978 times in 1,576 posts

This is bad bad news. You must understand what doors this will open?! Total control!

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Referee For This Post:

centreoflight (3rd March 2013), Eram (3rd March 2013), Mad Hatter (15th March 2012)

30. Link to Post #16
    Wales Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,361 times in 407 posts

The invisible panopticon emerges. Karma or the belief of, is the driving force of the Hindu cast system. There will never be any kind of equality in India until this abomination is dispelled. To accept ones Karma is to accept the chains of religious bondage. And to think Pie'n'eal was some how offended by criticisms towards Buddhism, they adopt this insanity! Please research the Boston Bramans, and see how cast is destroying our world. This is no longer a war on race or creed it is a war of ideas. We put on our own chains, we are Pavlovian disciples. A Hindu sees his chains as ornaments, a Buddhist would say his chains are an illusion(truly delusional). A radical free thinker would throw the chains in the face of the master and say "**** you! You are an old man behind a curtain, I am god!" Cast exists because humans are predominantly stupid higher functioning animals. India is damned to a living hell under the spell of a seemingly harmless religion. The west is no exception. We all don the chains of religious morality. We are either Cain or able. Simple solution out law god. Get religious morality out of politics. Problem solved.
    Last edited by cellardoor; 15th March 2012 at 12:26.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cellardoor For This Post:

centreoflight (3rd March 2013), Eram (3rd March 2013), kanishk (30th March 2012), Mad Hatter (15th March 2012)

32. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,006 times in 700 posts

Mad Hatter dons his incredulous cap...

First they came to chip pet animals and no-one complained,
    Then they came to chip the handicapped and no-one complained,
    Then they came to chip the poor and no-one complained,
    Then they'll come to chip you...so no-one can complain.

I must say I am truly staggered by those that think this is a good idea and it can only be for a couple of reasons...

A) You are intelligent but ignorant of the potential downside so do us all a favour and educate yourself ASAP (start by watching Gattaca then read Orwells 1984 etc etc)

B) You where never taught how to think critically so just don't see it... do us all a favour and find someone you trust with those faculties to explain the implications to you.

C) If like me you have trouble rubbing two neurons together keep trying cos if I get it you can too.

D) You know exactly what this is all about but are still keen on it... hmm...IMO you've just outed yourself as a STS pyschopath.

Just because something 'can be done' has never been justification for 'it should be done' and most know the expression 'Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely' so where do you honestly think this will lead?

The pre-cursor to all this sh!t has been acceptance by the myopic masses of things like clown computing, Farce-book, iPlod etc. It seems not to occur to the sheeple that the smartest minds in IT don't work in IT otherwise we'd have no need of firewalls and antivirus software now would we. Thats before we even get to consider the control freaks hidden in the ranks of sys admins!!

To quote one of my favourite bits of IBM corporate nihilism in the form of the company motto...'THINK'...but perhaps that's too much to ask of a species only half a chromosone past chimpanzees on the evolutionary ladder...

PS This of course could be truly farcical if it is based upon M$ windoze
    Last edited by Mad Hatter; 15th March 2012 at 13:55. Reason: PS

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mad Hatter For This Post:

centreoflight (3rd March 2013), Eram (3rd March 2013), Muzz (15th March 2012)

34. Link to Post #18
    India Avalon Member
    Thanks

UID (Adhar card) will have cast and sub-cast mentioned on it. Many peoples have come forward to remove this label. Low cast people think that, mentioning of cast on UID will make confirm cast based reservations for preceding generations (cast certificate and cast validity certificate are working efficiently for cast based reservations). Because of the efforts of Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar harsh castism eventually get reduced in urban areas, but still it is very evident in villages. And in cities also, before thinking about marriage and love relations students, educated peoples first think about cast of opposite sex. Slowly castism is decreasing but tagging of cast and sub-cast of UID will make it more slow or may even reverse it.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kanishk For This Post:

centreoflight (3rd March 2013), Eram (3rd March 2013)

36. Link to Post #19
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,993 times in 630 posts

Without cash how can the illegal drug trade work? I doubt we see this here, too much money to be made by the corrupt.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to MargueriteBee For This Post:

Eram (3rd March 2013)

38. Link to Post #20
    India Avalon Member
    Thanks

Nowadays, Adhar card [UID] is compulsory for school kids to get their exam report from school, for availing new ration card, for subsidy on LPG gas connection, to apply for freeship and scholarship from government of India and Provident Fund transactions.

Other Identity cards are loosing their value ex. Diving license, voters id card, PAN no. {for tax}{it will be attached to Adhar card}.

And in future to avail any government facility Adhar card [UID] will be necessary, it is now started in Capital city New Delhi.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to kanishk For This Post:

Eram (3rd March 2013)

+ Reply to Thread