+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 4 8 LastLast

Thread: Proof that Western Women are Brain Washed

1. Link to Post #61
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Default Re: Proof that Western Women are Brain Washed

Man, that's a great one...I've seen that many times starting with adolescents. I was waiting for my daughter at her middle school and was just idly watching how the kids interact with one another and I saw the classic case. Some dorky nerdish kid was just kind of hanging around this sweet little number. She gracefully tried to ignore him but he was insistent. She finally walked/ran away. I made those observations with pain in my heart for the both of them. Life can be so tough. Of course, the mating payoff strategy in some respects is very different for the two sexes and 'humanly' complex, so the result can appear very strange at times.

Quote Posted by modwiz (here)
    Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    In the words of Marsellus Wallace of Pulp Fiction, "The world is full of unrealistic motherf*ckers".
    I see folks plagued by fairytale paralysis.

My uncle is a bit of a computer nerd. The guy wasn't god's gift to social interaction. And what's worse, he kept a stack of playboys with which he kind of drew upon for the realistic standard as far as women were concerned. What's worse, is that my uncle was a short pudgy fat guy with a crappy job.
    My uncle bless his soul, he asked me in 1997 wha the problem was. He stated "I don't know what it is, I ask these women out (on social networking sites) and they look at my profile and they don't want anything to do with me". My uncle had a genius level IQ, but couldn't figuire out that he was being completely unrealistic in terms of looking for a potential mate.
    He was asking out the most beautifull women who happened to be in their midtwenties. And he was 45. Just so unrealistic.

I explained to him how shallow he was being, and further, an analogy regarding how boxers need to know their wieght class and not try to enter into bouts where they are liable to get knocked out.
    My uncle isn't so much a victim of the air brushed model thing (though the playboys could be argued contributed to his problem) my uncle was more a victim of believing the unrealistic story lines of movies where the short nerdy guy gets the hot girl every time. Kind of a fairy tale paralysis if you will.
    I find quite a few folks are plagued by this as they scrap relationship after relationship because they haven't found their hit movie relationship yet.
    I love your boxers analogy. A less than stunning male friend of mine who used the phrase that people need to learn to "punch at their own weight level". Exactly what you are saying. Now he was a a nice enough looking man happily married to a nice enough looking woman and two sweet children.

Although I am reminded of a Joe Jackson song, "Is He Really Going Out With Her"?

"Pretty girls walking with gorillas down my street".

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to alienHunter For This Post:

astrid (15th January 2012), Belle (15th January 2012), Calz (15th January 2012), CdnSirian (15th January 2012), DNA (15th January 2012), modwiz (15th January 2012), wolf_rt (15th January 2012)

3. Link to Post #62
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

Quote Posted by Calz_Avaretard (here)
    Thanks astrid.

I expect most here are aware of studies proving that the "pretty people" have the easier path on their career paths as well.

Cal
    LOL. Yes we do.

4. Link to Post #63
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks

In the words of Marsellus Wallace of Pulp Fiction, "The world is full of unrealistic motherf*ckers".

My uncle is a bit of a computer nerd. The guy wasn't god's gift to social interaction. And what's worse, he kept a stack of playboys with which he kind of drew upon for the realistic standard as far as women were concerned. What's worse, is that my uncle was a short pudgy fat guy with a crappy job.
    My uncle bless his soul, he asked me in 1997 wha the problem was. He stated "I don't know what it is, I ask these women out (on social networking sites) and they look at my profile and they don't want anything to do with me". My uncle had a genius level IQ, but couldn't figuire out that he was being completely unrealistic in terms of looking for a potential mate.
    He was asking out the most beautifull women who happened to be in their midtwenties. And he was 45. Just so unrealistic.

I explained to him how shallow he was being, and further, an analogy regarding how boxers need to know their wieght class and not try to enter into bouts where they are liable to get knocked out.
    My uncle isn't so much a victim of the air brushed model thing (though the playboys could be argued contributed to his problem) my uncle was more a victim of believing the unrealistic story lines of movies where the short nerdy guy gets the hot girl every time. Kind of a fairy tale paralysis if you will.
    I find quite a few folks are plagued by this as they scrap relationship after relationship because they haven't found their hit movie relationship yet.
    I love your boxers analogy. A less than stunning male friend of mine who used the phrase that people need to learn to "punch at their own weight level". Exactly what you are saying. Now he was a a nice enough looking man happily married to a nice enough looking woman and two sweet children.

Although I am reminded of a Joe Jackson song, "Is He Really Going Out With Her"?

"Pretty girls walking with gorillas down my street".
    I'm reminded me of the Jimmy Soul song.

This song is very true. I have punched below my weight on occasion and the danger there is worship. That is a little uncomfortable, if you are healthy. As usual the beauty is in balancing the yin and yang of things.
    Last edited by modwiz; 15th January 2012 at 14:38.

5. Link to Post #64
    Thanks

This video's not bad either!

I think pictures, symbols, influence us more than we think.
    We are constantly bomberded by images in magazines, adverts, film, and that's subconsciously affecting how we see ourselves (as women).

Just look at model sizes 20 years ago, and compare with today's size zero.

I don't believe that rules and regulations will do anything, in this world of political correctness you can't say anything without associations and coalitions on your backs for hurting joe bloe's feelings.

But I believe (as a woman) that by being well in one's shoes and happy about who we are can actually influence younger woman around us, who are looking for role models.
    but that's just my personnal opinion.

Astrid this is a good thread!
    Last edited by luciole; 15th January 2012 at 14:43.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to luciole For This Post:

astrid (15th January 2012), Belle (15th January 2012), CdnSirian (15th January 2012), Earth Angel (15th January 2012), panopticon (17th January 2012), ulli (15th January 2012)

7. Link to Post #65
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

We have a thanks button. A boo button would come in handy here. Not for the OP though.
    Is it because....'some' variety of men will be threatend by the loss of the beautiful women required to prop up the man's self esteem?

No more arm candy to make them 'seem' like real men?

8. Link to Post #66
    Deactivated
    Thanks

I gotta do it...people have always remarked how pretty I am and my career sucks. But I guess when one is incompetent to have had a career at all could be considered a success.

Quote Posted by Calz_Avaretard (here)
    Thanks astrid.

I expect most here are aware of studies proving that the "pretty people" have the easier path on their career paths as well.

Cal
    LOL. Yes we do.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to alienHunter For This Post:

9eagle9 (15th January 2012), astrid (15th January 2012), Belle (15th January 2012), Calz (15th January 2012), CdnSirian (15th January 2012), modwiz (15th January 2012)

10. Link to Post #67
    Thanks

I know lots of guys who really don't find make up attractive, and prefer the healthy glow of natural skin. Not some peroxide barbie smeared in war-paint!

Photoshop is one of the most commercially viable tools in the fashion and food industries, and it is true that our perception of beauty has been manipulated.

But... is that our fault or theirs?
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who only dream by night

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BlueGem For This Post:

Belle (15th January 2012), CdnSirian (15th January 2012), modwiz (15th January 2012), Muzz (15th January 2012), panopticon (17th January 2012)

12. Link to Post #68
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,698 times in 8,940 posts

This song is very true. I have punched below my weight on occasion and the danger there is worship. That is a little uncomfortable, if you are healthy. As usual the beauty is in balancing the yin and yang of things.
    Are you saying Modwiz, by I have punched below my weight, and that you were worshiped? lol

Did it changed with age? Anything made it changed? lol

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

CdnSirian (15th January 2012)

14. Link to Post #69
    Thanks

The point was missed entirely it was no longer the woman, after the computer enhancements. They used her as a template to create an artificial or 'not real' person. So they don't even put a 'real' standard out there for beauty. In the 50's women used to grieve about looking like Marilyn Monroe, and now they aren't even given a 'real' image to compare themselves to.

I don't care about makeup but ... Make up was meant to make your best features pop out.

Now ...its used to create a mask over your pre-existing face. Because you pre existing face isn't ....good enough?

but as I have yarked repeatedly people create masks from the inside out too.

Quote Posted by astrid (here)
    Gary, the fact you said this
    "Well you have to admit, she looks much better at the end, than she did in the beginning."

Shows you missed the whole point of my thread.

This is obviously not an issue that has effected you personally,
    good for you. But respect that some have walked in different
    shoes and have first, second, third and forth hand experiences.
    Not just ideas and beliefs, but experiences.
    Are you interested in learning from others, or do you just want to
    hold firm to your own biases?
    Last edited by 9eagle9; 15th January 2012 at 14:52.

15. Link to Post #70
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,171 times in 13,485 posts

Quote Posted by nf857 (here)
    Quote I don't claim any 'kudos' for being attracted to 'interesting looking' women rather than 'barby doll' women... that's just how i am.

when my mates point out someone "ohh... she's hot"... I am usually unimpressed... This was never a conscious decision on my part... just how i am.
    Its usually the case, men just agree with their mates, & women are dumfounded by that fact, its like you are all still in the playground playing kiss-chase and who gets to kiss Barbie? Lol,even though most of you actually fancy sindy- lol you get the gist. If one women finds a guy hot, she does not agree with the other women, she usually goes 'oh...do you?' 'on ....no?! why lol as we have our own tastes in the law of attraction, its just the male folk have not seemed to caught onto the fact that the law of attraction does not mean the barbie girl over there, cos my mates are all saying shes hot, its an individual thing, you might initially fine barbie very hot, however then you realise she is fake, and there is nothing more to hear than her asthetical values, when it comes to conversation, common interests, goals etc etc, her attractive qualities suddenly becomes less.

On a conscious level the male brain already knows this, however sub-consiously it has been programed somewhat to beleif what is hot is what they say on the T.V. which is fake x

this thread is all about programming and what that does to an individual's self esteem...and isn't that what most of us at Avalon are objecting to when we look at a world gone wrong because of greed for power and wealth?
    The more emphasis there is on looks or financial status the less a person will tune in to someone's mind....not even their chemistry which would ensure a physical match.
    So I must say any discussion that addresses the imbalance sends a worthwhile signal.

16. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

astrid (15th January 2012), Belle (15th January 2012), Calz (15th January 2012), CdnSirian (15th January 2012), Corncrake (15th January 2012), DNA (15th January 2012), EnergyGardener (15th January 2012), GaelVictor (15th January 2012), Holly Lindin (27th January 2012), luciole (15th January 2012), modwiz (15th January 2012), panopticon (17th January 2012)

17. Link to Post #71
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by luciole (here)

this video's not bad either!

I think pictures, symbols, influence us more than we think.
    We are constantly bomberded by images in magazines, adverts, tv, film, and that's subconsciously affecting how we see ourselves (as women).

Just look at model sizes 20 years ago, and compare with today's size zero.

I don't believe that rules and regulations will do anything, in this world of political correctness you can't say anything without associations and coalitions on your backs for hurting joe bloe's feelings.

But I beleive (as a woman) that by being well in one's shoes and happy about who we are can actually influence younger woman around us, who are looking for role models.
    but that's just my personnal opinion.

Astrid this is a good thread!
    I am a body worker/massage therapist. I see a lot of bodies and they talk to me as well. Neuro-Linguistic listening yields huge amounts of information here. Women with absolutely great proportions often see themselves as large. Should I opine in a contrary fashion they will point out models as a case of comparative point. Firstly, I let them know when I see models wriggling down a runway I want to throw a bathrobe on them and buy them a cheeseburger. And I am a vegetarian! Secondly, many designers and their gayness. I dearly love my gay brothers but I know for a fact that our visual wiring is different. I have some serious aesthetic issues with what they think makes a woman appealing. Teetering around on heels like a tart is definitely a serious no-no for me. The health considerations alone make this design a form a passive/aggressive behavior. I know many men and women will disagree, strongly, with this. All I can do is watch in amazement.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Are you saying Modwiz, by I have punched below my weight, and that you were worshiped? lol

Did it changed with age? Anything made it changed? lol
    If I knew what you were asking I might answer. But I don't.

18. Link to Post #72
    Thanks

Once we realize how we've been manipulated we can no longer be the victim of it. We have take some responsiblity for it.

We then make a choice to stay on the merry go round even when we know . Health and Beauty have always marketed side by side.

Healthy people look better . The pitiful images posted above have nothing to do with beauty --that's about one's health. We should of course correct for health. But to attempt to drag that into the Beauty Queen pageant is ludicrous. Beauty doesn't always mean health though. You can't fix everyting, airbrush it and make it up and call it healthy.

The media isn't even pushing beauty anymore, they're pushing perfection.

What they are peddling is perfection. And it's not out there. perfection doesn't exist. So their pushing it by artifically creating it. That is standard for all of us to live up to.

No can and it causes neurosis to be expected to live up to a standard that doesn't exist.

We all know people who are astronomically attractive in spite of the fact their physical appearance is not in jive with the media.

Quote Posted by BlueGem (here)
    I know lots of guys who really don't find make up attractive, and prefer the healthy glow of natural skin. Not some peroxide barbie smeared in war-paint!

Photoshop is one of the most commercially viable tools in the fashion and food industries, and it is true that our perception of beauty has been manipulated.

But... is that our fault or theirs?

19. Link to Post #73
    Germany Avalon Member christian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,155 times in 2,962 posts

20. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to christian For This Post:

9eagle9 (15th January 2012), alienHunter (15th January 2012), astrid (15th January 2012), Aurvandil (16th January 2012), Belle (15th January 2012), Black Panther (15th January 2012), BlueGem (15th January 2012), Calz (15th January 2012), CdnSirian (15th January 2012), DNA (16th January 2012), Holly Lindin (27th January 2012), Lettherebelight (14th April 2013), Midnight Rambler (15th January 2012), modwiz (15th January 2012), panopticon (17th January 2012)

21. Link to Post #74
    Netherlands Avalon Member Midnight Rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,209 times in 310 posts

I have heard that the perception of oneself when looking in the mirror is going to a different part of the brain than when looking at another person. Therefor some "imperfections" get exaggerated, like someone may think there nose is to big.

While when observing the appearance of another those same people don't see the "imperfections" or don't observe them as critically as they do to themselves.

When looking at oneself the whole is not seen, just parts of the body as individual parts of the picture and when looking at another the whole picture is observed.

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Midnight Rambler For This Post:

alienHunter (15th January 2012), Belle (15th January 2012), Black Panther (15th January 2012), CdnSirian (15th January 2012), Earth Angel (15th January 2012), GaelVictor (15th January 2012), Holly Lindin (27th January 2012), modwiz (15th January 2012), panopticon (17th January 2012), wolf_rt (15th January 2012)

23. Link to Post #75
    Thanks

Oh yes. When I was a child my aunt remarked I had my dad's nose. So I look at this giant adult man nose on my father's face and it immediately transfered to my face and it stayed with me whole life.

Children can't put things into perspective like that.

My daughter has started to thoush, she's 16. She peruses the magazines and looks at the body types small medium large, big bones, small bones. Petite and Regular, and tall And she says, "Madre we're not in here, there's no listing for Tank and Beast."

I tell her we're one of a kind types.

When clothes started being made in ChinaI had a few shirts that couldn't cover my stomach, not matter the size. Well I'm thinking , of course these shirts are made in place where women are all 5'2 and under and I'm trying to adapt that to my 5'7 body, so even a t shirt was riding right above my navel.....and maybe that's where it become popular to show your midriff.....lol.

Quote Posted by Midnight Rambler (here)
    I have heard that the perception of oneself when looking in the mirror is going to a different part of the brain than when looking at another person. Therefor some "imperfections" get exaggerated, like someone may think there nose is to big.

While when observing the appearance of another those same people don't see the "imperfections" or don't observe them as critically as they do to themselves.

When looking at oneself the whole is not seen, just parts of the body as individual parts of the picture and when looking at another the whole picture is observed.

24. Link to Post #76
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Makes sense rambler...the mind also tends to 'fill in the blanks' of another to fit a subconscious 'preferred' image. I think the world was an easier, if not better place when clubs were allowed...Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alienHunter For This Post:

9eagle9 (15th January 2012), Midnight Rambler (15th January 2012)

26. Link to Post #77
    Netherlands Avalon Member Black Panther's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,849 times in 847 posts

I think it is a bad thing everything becomes fake. Like the girl in the video. It's not
    the girl anymore, it's a created image from a computer. I play soccer on artificial
    grass. They can make movies with computers. A lot of 'news' is created. We live in a
    world 'they' have created. And it's really the story of the boiling frog. Step by step it
    is getting worse. A lot of people believe in this world. They say: That's just the way
    it is.

The important thing is we are aware and awake, so it doesn't hurt us anymore.
    We are aware of what's happening. But I know for sure it influences a lot of people
    who are still totally trapped in the artificial world. Is that a bad thing ? Yes, of course,
    but it's just the way it is.
    Remember Who You Are!

27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Black Panther For This Post:

9eagle9 (16th January 2012), astrid (15th January 2012), Belle (15th January 2012), CdnSirian (15th January 2012), GaelVictor (15th January 2012), Little Ishta (15th January 2012), modwiz (15th January 2012)

28. Link to Post #78
    Deactivated
    Thanks

My God, eagle i find that statement horrifying and it explains why my daughter when she was younger would totally freak out when I said that. I did sort of suspect that, so I continue to this day to remind her that her nose is the 'girl's' version and much more feminine in size and shape than mine.

For whatever its worth, I'm sure the same is true for you...

Quote Posted by 9eagle9 (here)
    Oh yes. When I was a child my aunt remarked I had my dad's nose. So I look at this giant adult man nose on my father's face and it immediately transfered to my face and it stayed with me whole life.

Children can't put things into perspective like that.

My daughter has started to thoush, she's 16. She peruses the magazines and looks at the body types small medium large, big bones, small bones. Petite and Regular, and tall And she says, "Madre we're not in here, there's no listing for Tank and Beast."

I tell her we're one of a kind types.

When clothes started being made in ChinaI had a few shirts that couldn't cover my stomach, not matter the size. Well I'm thinking , of course these shirts are made in place where women are all 5'2 and under and I'm trying to adapt that to my 5'7 body, so even a t shirt was riding right above my navel.....and maybe that's where it become popular to show your midriff.....lol.

Quote Posted by Midnight Rambler (here)

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alienHunter For This Post:

9eagle9 (16th January 2012), CdnSirian (15th January 2012)

30. Link to Post #79
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by chiquetet (here)
    Good one Chiquetet.

Nymphos.......so boring and bad for the ego. Imagine a cup you could never fill, ever. No sense of completion, satisfaction or a job well done. Watch what you wish for guys.

31. Link to Post #80
    United States Avalon Member EnergyGardener's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,647 times in 455 posts

West or East, we are all realizing the absurdity of our cultures.

It is true, fun, even necessary, to question the purpose of cosmetic modifications to "Western" women and men (what is the suit and tie for again?). Yet, we play along for the time being; we do what is necessary to succeed and participate in current society. A post like this is a constructive baby step to change that.

Yet, let's not suggest by the "Western" title, that Easterner's are superior in any way. What is so enlightening about genital mutilation, exclusion from leadership/education, four witnesses to a rape, stoning for infidelity, and being forced to hide behind veils?

Is not the glass half full?

Couldn't it be said that if all women didn't wear makeup, shave, or even wear deodorant (I lived in Europe), we would all be just as happy? I believe, like you suggest, much more so.

Aren't human women the most beautiful creation a being could ever imagine, as they are?

When I get discouraged with the low vibrations of human behavior, I often remember this appreciation as perhaps a purposes of the creator and our genetic tinkerers. Let's give credit where credit is due...

This is just another reason I hope (and pray) that the Western military juggernaut does no harm to the beautiful Iranian women; and those they love: their fathers, husbands, brothers and sons.

I believe, that if there is a pole shift in magnetic fields, but also a balancing of male and female energies, posts like this will become unnecessary. That kind of shift would be a very good change indeed.

Cheers,
    Last edited by EnergyGardener; 15th January 2012 at 18:59.
    What Happens to Us, Is Less Important, Than; How We React, When It Does
    -and-
    What Happens to Us, Is Less Important, If; We are Prepared, When It Does - US Copyright 2003

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to EnergyGardener For This Post:

astrid (15th January 2012), Belle (15th January 2012), Carmen (17th January 2012), CdnSirian (15th January 2012), Holly Lindin (27th January 2012), modwiz (15th January 2012), ulli (15th January 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 4 8 LastLast