+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 6 8 LastLast

Thread: Proof that Western Women are Brain Washed

1. Link to Post #101
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,764 times in 987 posts

Default Re: Proof that Western Women are Brain Washed

"I still believe that the primary responsibility lies with parents and care-givers, eqipping their children with the understanding, knowledge and love that it takes to rise above the baser nature of some humans. i think we can all take a feather from people like 9Eagle9's cap, and I'm sure many others, as to what that looks like in
    practical terms."

My child, despite divorce, despite being highly gifted, was happy and super-smart until he entered public school. Over the next few years my parenting which didn't change as far as values went, got more and more diluted by the system. I saw this blatantly presented in his homework assignments. I saw lies, bad grammar, spelling mistakes, along with the social engineering of his homework.

My godson, brilliant, smart, very social, at some point in elementary school was derided constantly for his emotional sensitivity. S'cuse ,me?

Parents lose their influence during elementary school - but will always be blamed. S'cuse me for having to work, for not being able to put my wonderful brilliant child into a private school.

Why is this so hard to explain? Why does it need to be explained?

Should I go on? I don't think you want to hear the f**king nightmare of working public school parents with brilliant children. Ones who now, would vote for Ron Paul. Truly.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CdnSirian For This Post:

9eagle9 (16th January 2012), Belle (17th January 2012), DNA (16th January 2012), Flash (16th January 2012), Vrilya (16th January 2012), wolf_rt (16th January 2012)

3. Link to Post #102
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

Well said Flash. And the fact that people can't see this as brainwashing and mind control
    is further proof of how successful it has been, in manipulating us.
    I'm sure when it is all laid out like we are doing here, many more will also see
    through the insidious facade.
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

9eagle9 (16th January 2012), Belle (17th January 2012), Flash (16th January 2012), modwiz (16th January 2012), panopticon (17th January 2012)

5. Link to Post #103
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

There we go. A little smudge is good.

6. Link to Post #104
    Sweden Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,114 times in 1,725 posts

Quote Posted by astrid (here)
    Well said Flash. And the fact that people can't see this as brainwashing and mind control
    is further proof of how successful it has been, in manipulating us.
    I'm sure when it is all laid out like we are doing here, many more will also see
    through the insidious facade.
    We have all been brainwashed since the cradle in almost every field imagineable.

Its shocking and necessary to unveil all the nasty programmings we carry.

And our parents were brainwashed before us and didnt know the least about it.

Wot a horrible mess. Well roll up your sleeves. Time to sort out and clean up........

7. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to jorr lundstrom For This Post:

9eagle9 (16th January 2012), astrid (16th January 2012), Belle (17th January 2012), Carmody (16th January 2012), Flash (16th January 2012), Holly Lindin (27th January 2012), meeradas (16th January 2012), Muzz (19th January 2012), panopticon (16th January 2012), Vrilya (16th January 2012)

8. Link to Post #105
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Quote Posted by gary-arsenault (here)
    Quote Posted by astrid (here)
    Gary, the fact you said this
    "Well you have to admit, she looks much better at the end, than she did in the beginning."

Shows you missed the whole point of my thread.

This is obviously not an issue that has effected you personally,
    good for you. But respect that some have walked in different
    shoes and have first, second, third and forth hand experiences.
    Not just ideas and beliefs, but experiences.
    Are you interested in learning from others, or do you just want to
    hold firm to your own biases?

Actually I do respect your views, however I should add a bit more background information.
    I've actually enjoyed a debate in this topic before.
    My background also includes photography and well as television media.
    I primarily work with female models in corporate advertising. Everything that is done in the video you posted I also am skilled at.

Therefore, I am speaking from quite a few hands here.

- Starburst Photography
    http://www.modelmayhem.com/garyarsenault
    Just as I suspected, that's all we need to know...

Thanks Gary

9. Link to Post #106
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,733 times in 4,313 posts

What the heck happened to Jorr Lundstrom?
    Dude was just here a few hours ago, and then bam!

On another note, this thread would have been one and done if not for Gary-Aresenault stepping up and being the resident bad guy.
    You rock Gary.
    Thank You.
    This thread turned out to be pretty cool, and that largely had to do with you.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Vitalux (16th January 2012), Vrilya (16th January 2012)

11. Link to Post #107
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,733 times in 4,313 posts

Quote Posted by w1ndmill (here)
    My friend has a daughter who is absolutely beautiful except that she has sticking out ears. Her life has been made a misery by the kids at school and all she wants is to have them fixed. No amount of telling her how beautiful she is makes any difference. Her self esteem is nil. Should she be made to "suffer" what is in her imagination or should she be able to get her ears fixed and just get on with her life? - imo I think she is absolutely beautiful and maybe one day she will realise this. I agree with the sentiments on here about falsity but at the end of the day it's all down to what we think and feel inside, not matter how small or large our 'deformity' is and whether it's real or imagined. We all just want to fit in. It shouldn't be like this but unfortunately it is.
    Kids will always find a reason to make fun of one another.
    There was a SouthPark episode about this. The episode was about Token taking it to heart that everyone called him "rich kid", so after a whole episode of soul searching he demanded that the kids stop calling him this nick name.
    The kids agreed, and told him that since he was such a freaking sensitivo about his old nick name his new nick name would be ______(female anatomy part).

12. Link to Post #108
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

Someone , a scientific debunker, suggested that to me that perhaps my ability was based in endorphins, and 'smelling' pheromones.

I didn't really buy it at the time not really comprehending what he was saying, (probably cause he didn't himself) but over the years I came to view this as plausible and even sensible suggestion.

He later contacted me about it, and I said , It doesn't matter no matter how you percieve it, in science terms or metaphysical terms....still relates to hypersensitivity.

He insisted Not, it had nothing to do with hyper sensitivity.

But not everyone can translate that sort of information even in abstract terms.

I finally had to realize that while he had a good idea, he wanted to use that idea to eradicate any notion of hyper senstivity in people while I tend to think a concept like that emphasizes it. How many people are pausing during the day to focus on what pheromone activity is afoot at any given moment, let alone being able to translate that information into something productive?

Not many.

Quote Posted by modwiz (here)
    Quote Posted by Earth Angel (here)
    My father has insisted for years that the divorce rate went up incredibly after people started wearing deodorant ( in the 50s in Ireland this was not done).....he said it prevented our natural ability to smell a persons natural scent and decide if this was the right person for us.........perhaps he is right..........

Quote Posted by Midnight Rambler (here)
    Another interesting way our perception is fooled is by the use of perfumes. Men and women find attraction to each other with some considerable help from endorphin's (Wikipedia on endorphin's)

We choose a partner that matches with our DNA to prevent inbreeding. By using perfume the receptors and brain get fooled and we might end up with someone else than when no perfume is used.
    I am in total agreement with this. I work at a holistic institute for 6 months a year. Many of the community, returning year after year, are of the hippie type sub-culture whether they are 20 or 65 years old. Many of us do not wear deodorant. Now, the dining hall serves only vegetarian food which has a profound effect on scent. That said, I really enjoy being able to source people and know them in a more personal fashion through scent. There is so much information there. You do have to 'play' with this until you begin to appreciate the huge amount of data in this form of communication. There are some basic responses that you do not need a frontal cortex to work with though and this is the more important information.

Much of our autonomic nervous system works with the pheromones in our scent. This is short circuited by deodorants that mask or confuse our biology. The very first cranial nerve
    is the olfactory nerve and the second one is the optic nerve. I believe a hierarchy of importance is revealed in this progression of cranial nerves. There are twelve of them. BTW the third one is oculomotor. So, first priority is to smell, then see and then to look around. We do rise up from 'blind' unicellular organisms. A sense of 'smell' is how information is shared and food is found.

13. Link to Post #109
    Thanks

Let's see...olive oil misted on the face. It's very awesome. Same principal as the salad dressing. Mayonaisse on the hair. I give my horses oil in the winter time, a month later their coat is so slippery you can't sit on them without sliding off. But the last 20 years in media has demonized fats of any sort.

A spinach mask works well too.

Skin absorption of anything is amazing. When a friend of mine started really going heavy duty on putting fats and oils on her body in the winter, she told me she gained a few pounds from it over the course of several weeks. It was the extra fat she was absorbing.........just a couple of pounds that went away when she backed off this regime in the summer.

A foot detox bath shows how much we absorb, you can see if a person has been using hair color by looking at their foot detox materials....and the heavy metals people absorb. I'm sure they are not just eating handful of heavy metals, so its coming in from somewhere. Cosmetics and hair coloring.

Quote Posted by CdnSirian (here)
    "Nother book...Not just a pretty face: the ugly side of the beauty industry
    By Stacy Malkan. Indeed, Belle we should not be willing to put something on our skin that we could not eat.

I once worked with an actress, an older lady who had fantastic healthy glowing skin. We youngers asked her what she used. She said that every night after she finished eating dinner, she would wipe her plate with the sauce/salad dressing whatever, and smear it all over her face. She would leave the mask on while she cleaned up, and then wash it off. That is all she ever used. Food for thought...

14. Link to Post #110
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,150 times in 3,856 posts

Hi, Astrid!
    I agree with you. Remember what women wore back in the 1800's? All that fabric and padding...That was men's ideas of what a woman's body should look like. Big asses and boobs...Then Twiggy came along with her flat chest! Heck, just look at the changes in the Barbie dolls...She went from unrealistic hour glass shape, big boobs and shapely hips, to a more natural body. Because let's face it, we can't live up to perfection without padding or surgery...We should stop living up to other ppl's expectations.
    Some of the most beautiful ppl are so ugly inside. It does seem like it's more mind control programming to not accept our God given attributes.And to not accept others as they are...

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

astrid (17th January 2012), Belle (17th January 2012), Holly Lindin (27th January 2012), Khaleesi (17th January 2012), modwiz (16th January 2012), ulli (16th January 2012)

16. Link to Post #111
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,460 times in 1,155 posts

Quote Posted by DNA (here)

On another note, this thread would have been one and done if not for Gary-Aresenault stepping up and being the resident bad guy.

Thank you, and your words are very much appreciated.

You rock Gary.
    Thank You.

This issue from the start tended to be an emotionally charged issue. Most folks who viewed the video seen only "what they wanted to see" and a bit of a trick was played on them.

Let us actually review the video of the OP

The model, is plain.
    She has no make up. Her hair is not brushed. She for all intent and purposes looks like she just woke up and got out of bed.
    The light that is illuminating her is a standard model light.

full view with her hair wet.

She has a bit of foundation on her face.

make up applied

start of her hair being curled and styled.

Hair has been done and she has a fan blowing her hair. Beginning of photo being taken.

Photo selected from her photo shoot

fly away strands of hair being removed. (standard)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Vitalux For This Post:

Vrilya (17th January 2012)

18. Link to Post #112
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

Shape of eye being enlarged 5% (only significant photoshop change to her face)

Finished product.

As I stated in the beginning:

She looks more attractive at the end of the video than at the beginning.

The make-up is pretty much standard. Most women wear some form of make up, rather it be lip-stick, foundation etc.
    The models hair was styled, which is what every woman does when she has a shower and fixes their hair.

The eyes were made larger, however, they could have searched and found a model that has bigger eyes. With today's technology they can modify the image for the look they wish.
    Much the same way as you can modify the heat to gain the comfort you wish in your house because you have a furnace. There is nothing sinister about doing this.

Once you actually view the video and follow each step, its pretty normal.

Hence ....the only brain washing going on ....is only being done by the ones that are trying to advocate there is brain washing going on.
    Last edited by Vitalux; 16th January 2012 at 20:37.

19. Link to Post #113
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,764 times in 987 posts

"Once you actually view the video and follow each step, its pretty normal.

Hence ....the only brain washing going on ....is only being done by the ones that are trying to advocate there is brain washing going on."

This was the point of your thread?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to CdnSirian For This Post:

Vrilya (17th January 2012)

21. Link to Post #114
    Thanks

By whose standard is she plain?

Quote Posted by DNA (here)

Thank you, and your words are very much appreciated.

You rock Gary.
    Thank You.

This issue from the start tended to be an emotionally charged issue. Most folks who viewed the video seen only "what they wanted to see" and a bit of a trick was played on them.

Let us actually review the video of the OP

The model, is plain.
    She has no make up. Her hair is not brushed. She for all intent and purposes looks like she just woke up and got out of bed.
    The light that is illuminating her is a standard model light.

full view with her hair wet.

She has a bit of foundation on her face.

make up applied

start of her hair being curled and styled.

Hair has been done and she has a fan blowing her hair. Beginning of photo being taken.

Photo selected from her photo shoot

fly away strands of hair being removed. (standard)

22. Link to Post #115
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by 9eagle9 (here)
    By whose standard is she plain?

However, should this boil down to semantics?
    The English definition tends to fit the example

My fellow Avalonenian you are following into the same trap as most.
    You are desperately trying to pick a spoil on an issue that for the most part is opinion based.

If you want to debate women wearing make-up, arranging their hair, and adorning themselves with ornaments, than you may wish to do some historical research.
    Since the beginning of human civilization woman have been doing this, it is nothing new.

Primarily refer to #6

Plain:
    Last edited by Vitalux; 16th January 2012 at 22:04.

23. Link to Post #116
    Thanks

The plain and unvarnished truth is...we have grown so accustomed to made up people that ...anything that is naturally occuring looks ordinary or...plain. The dictionary shockingly doesn't define plain as 'just got out of bed' does it? That's coming from you.

Unlike the dictionary, I can think of a number of reactions to her 'plain' face. Like ...she has very penetrating eyes sans make up and the computer took away that square jawline that men find so distrubing as it tends to imply, at least in perception if not truth a person, of a firm nature. Strangely she has a messy hair do that apprarently is not appealing unless a stylist has made it messy.

Basically this is your standard you are judging her by.

I see an unmade up woman. But I see more than her lack of make up.

I can speak for ...oh....90 percent of the women in the world who take showers, and make up their face daily. this is an ordinary event for most women. What we don't have is....we don't have an army of expert stylists and a computer doing it for us. That is 'not normal'.

24. Link to Post #117
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

I am a bit confused by your beginning statement re: "The plain and unvarnished truth is...we have grown so accustomed to made up people that ...anything that is naturally occuring looks ordinary or...plain."

Aren't naturally and plain one in the same meaning?

When you first wake-up in the morning, and get out of bed, what word would you use to describe the way you first appear in front of the mirror?
    Is it the same word that you would use to describe you in your avatar

I can speak for ...oh....90 percent of the women in the world who take showers, and make up their face daily. this is an ordinary event for most women. What we don't have is....we don't have an army of expert stylists and a computer doing it for us. That is 'not normal'.
    I totally agree with your above statement, but unfortunately we live in a world of illusion.
    This is the real world.

We teach our children that there is Santa Clause.
    We are inundated with all aspects of advertizing and media which tends to be misleading.
    However, like I said, where does one draw the line.

Beauty is an illusion.

Unfortunately or fortunately, illusion is marketable. Have a coke, drink a beer! Smoke this brand of cigarettes, style and affluence are products of illusion. People are free to enjoy whichever illusion they wish to enjoy.

Would you leave the house without it?
    Last edited by Vitalux; 17th January 2012 at 18:29.

25. Link to Post #118

Quote this thread is all about programming and what that does to an individual's self esteem...and isn't that what most of us at Avalon are objecting to when we look at a world gone wrong because of greed for power and wealth?
    The more emphasis there is on looks or financial status the less a person will tune in to someone's mind....not even their chemistry which would ensure a physical match.
    So I must say any discussion that addresses the imbalance sends a worthwhile signal

A few years ago, I worked in an eating disorder treatment Institution for woman. They were all way beyond body dismorphic disorder; many were retreads and the recidivism rate was very high. Many 4 or 5 times..... the cost for a month of treatment is between $20,000 to 30,000 a month. Some of them were in the film industry, models and woman from diverse cultures and backgrounds -the disease does not have face. They were some of the most emotionally fragile and messed up human beings I have ever encountered in my life. Absolutely no esteem. The things they did around food alone was incredible. The control the lack of control. Their image of them-selves was beyond distorted. If someone let them they would spend hours in front of a mirror -obsess about their bodies, hair, skin, makeup. Ruminate their food, for those of you who don't know what that is; they chew their food, let it go down the esophagus/stomach and then bring the semi digested food back up and chew again and do the same thing over and over again or they would hide their food in their cheeks -save it for later -absolute control. They took huge amounts of diet pills and diuretics -not a couple a day; at least 1 to 2 boxes a day..... and constantly exercise, check their weight/body mass index..... drink alcohol excessively or take street drugs and pharmaceuticals. Sex addiction and porn addiction. They would say things like i'm ugly, my boyfriend thinks i'm fat, my mother thinks i'm fat....why do i have to be tall or short.....this happened when i was ten, i was raped/beaten. I wish I looked like her, I bet she gets all the guys....ad infinitum. Most of them were in a condition that there was not a possibility of having a healthy boyfriend/partner in their lives.

No TVs in the institutions

Then there was mealtime.....at the institution.....

Then family time......

There were times when I would go home and cry.

The above is very extreme -but a reality

Quote I believe, that if there is a pole shift in magnetic fields, but also a balancing of male and female energies, posts like this will become unnecessary. That kind of shift would be a very good change indeed.
    This statement resonates with me so very much. Align your hearts and Spirits......

Love

Nora

we are all related

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Post:

9eagle9 (17th January 2012), astrid (17th January 2012), Belle (17th January 2012), panopticon (17th January 2012), ulli (17th January 2012)

27. Link to Post #119
    Thanks

I am a bit confused by your beginning statement re: "The plain and unvarnished truth is...we have grown so accustomed to made up people that ...anything that is naturally occuring looks ordinary or...plain."

Re-read the dictionary inset that you posted.

Aren't naturally and plain one in the same meaning?

No. Not not neccessarily. I don't find tree's plain even though they have no artifical enhancement. Older people in particular that have no artifical enhancement have a different sort of beauty to them. My ungroomed horses are always naturally engaging to look at, sometimes even more appealing without the brush, conditoner, hoof gook. Horse adverts are big business too. They show the optimal conditions and nothing even remotely resembling reality. .And horse adverts that show pretty people feeding their pretty horses by hand out of pretty buckets have contributed in the rise of horse fatalites and human injuries. We don't have much in the way of opportunity to access or natural beauty in all it's diversities.

When you first wake-up in the morning, and get out of bed, what word would you use to describe the way you first appear in front of the mirror?

Rumpled and clueless. I never considered myself plain, horrorific maybe but never plain.

Is it the same word that you would use to describe you in your avatar.

My avatar....hmm....Less rumpled than I was 15 minutes before when I was still actually in bed.

But...My avatar isn't one of me re-creating my entire face and putting it out there as if that is what I look like. That IS what I look like on any given day.If its disappointing to others, I guess they'll have to suck it up. So I'm not sure of the point you are making.... And..considering that I'm a 46 year old woman , its comparing apples and oranges (older oranges) to the demographic that composes most of our beauty advertising--teens and 20's and 30's. The model in the video is computer enhanced and I'm not so I'm not sure but what comparison can be drawn here. She's younger and made up and the computer has carved her up and ....I'm older and without photo shop. So I'm not sure what you are saying here.

But..Understand I'm not dissing make up. If someones boobs are dragging to their knees or their stepping on them by all means do whatever needs to be done to make yourself feel better. Most cosmetic surgeons do require that someone reallly find out why they are fixing their nose. Nor do I think people should run around with absolutely no artifical enhancement at all to be considered a integrated person. Everyone nearly where's some sort of adornment even if it's just jewelry. . It's when the media puts artificial images out there as a standard of normal or 'how we should be'l....when its not. We should be who we are. And the make big money convincing us we are 'not good enough' the way we are. It's epidemic and its mainly targeted at defenseless minds.

I totally agree with your above statement, but unfortunately we live in a world of illusion.
    This is the real world.

[B]It's a artifically created reality .From my perspective this is not a real world or even the only world. This one is based on illusions like the woman in the video. Like you said, but it is the way you see the world that creates it's reality. The natural world has become plain to us....but does the grand canyon need a make up artist or a touch up[?/B]I could very well put on the dog but I do actually have to look at myself in the mirror and ask myself is that all you want to be seen as? A layer of foundation and some powder?

The point we are attempting (or I thought we were attempting is to get back out of the illusionary world, the matrix.) How the matrix has bit us in the arse is because we don't have self value. Or the self authority that comes with it. In part, because of this media mind screw. If this is all we are worth , how we look on the outside we are going to have painful lives. I'm sure everyone plays dress up now and again but why one is doing it is the point. I mean I've never been asked to leave any place because I didn't have a face on or didn't have my hair done (I can't DO anything with it. so I should I be banned from society...?) In reality no one has ever refused to speak to me because I didn't show up with Maybelline or Max Factor. If someone is judging me in that way I have absolutley no interest in them. There's nothing there for me to be interested in. .

We teach our children that there is Santa Clause.
    We are inundated with all aspects of advertizing and media which tends to be misleading.
    However, like I said, where does one draw the line.

Beauty is an illusion.

It depends on what your imposed standard of beauty is. Are they even yours? Our stndards are being instilled in us by auto hypnosis and suggestions. I know a great many great looking guys that don't wear...make up . Or do much in the way of artifical enhancement. So this appears to be a 'guy' thing.

Unfortunately or fortunately, illusion is marketable. Have a coke, drink a beer! Smoke this brand of cigarettes, style and affluence are products of illusion. People are free to enjoy whichever illusion they wish to enjoy.

Well beause its marketable doesn't mean it has to become our reality. People enjoy illusions but we should always remain aware that they are illusions. And that illusion creating is often times not just for profit or enjoyability but to disable people.

Would you leave the house without it?

Leave the house without what?
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 17th January 2012 at 19:04.

28. Link to Post #120
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

The point is the "woman" at the end is not a woman at all,
    but a fabricated image

We are bombarded with images
    we are meant to aspire to be like.. but they are not only
    totally unrealistic they are not even real.

The main point that Dove is trying to make is the
    images of women used to sell things are bear no
    relationship to what the average woman looks like,
    Hence it creates mass issues with insecurities,
    eating disorders, etc, etc..

Whether she looks better or not is not the issue here.
    Your bias is understandable given you are a photographer.

But again, you are missing the whole point of the video and this thread.
    Last edited by astrid; 17th January 2012 at 01:59.
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

29. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

9eagle9 (17th January 2012), Belle (17th January 2012), eaglespirit (17th January 2012), Holly Lindin (27th January 2012), Midnight Rambler (17th January 2012), modwiz (17th January 2012), panopticon (17th January 2012), ulli (17th January 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 6 8 LastLast