Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: This is why I don't give you a job

1. Link to Post #21
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

Default Re: This is why I don't give you a job

Quote Posted by Unified Serenity (here)
    While I agree about there being corruption at the top Modwiz, are you saying that a person who is trying to start a business under the circumstances I described is the problem? That there are not people at the bottom who abuse the system as well and therefore the small business owner is the problem because they are at the top? It's not the government getting the money per say in regards to the small business trying to hire people under the circumstances the guy said he was dealing with, but people not working whom he cannot fire and he cannot afford to hire others to fill that spot or he has no profits to grow the business or take care of himself and his family.

I think there are problems at the top and bottom.
    No, your small business example is understandable. Again, even that example is in the very predatory system we have here. Its a fact, but an ugly one. It was the Greece example and governments taking care of their citizens in a caring fashion being reasons for failure that set me off on my rant. I think if you look inside you will see that statements like that come from programming and the memes like left,right, conservative, liberal and so on from the old days that are vestiges of a paradigm we are abandoning. If I'm wrong, I'll cope.

My big statement is the whole lack and tight budget concepts we were all raised on are bogus. Bonuses did not shrink during the poorest bank performance in memory. There is no lack, there are just suckers and the BS they imprison themselves with. We have to admit it. We have all been chumped by almost every part of a system that was supposedly there to look out and after us.

We live and learn and hopefully won't get fooled again. (Cue, Pete Townsend and a power chord)

2. Link to Post #22
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,709 times in 1,042 posts

If we all continue to play the game according to ‘their’ rules then whether you’re an employer or employee . . . we both are submitting to a continual insidious type of slavery. Neither wins and it keeps us solidly divided in an additional way.

I flat out refuse to play the game any more. . . . . period. I won’t play by their rules nor try to change the rules to my benefit, both are hopeless.

Instead I am trying to look carefully in how I can change my own paradigm and stealthily use the system to my advantage when I can. By doing this I hope to encourage others to do the same . . . lead by example . . . but I have to figure it out first.

But you know, a problem I’m running into is finding others who want to do the same. Even in PA . . . . it is as if everyone is paralyzed and unwilling to take that first step to freedom. I see and read about many here that want a different life and hate the world system (which is going to ratchet down tighter), but mostly only complain.

I wish I knew what it would take to get just a few to take that first step . . . . . Anyone want to share what is holding you back??

3. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,868 times in 752 posts

I stopped working for companies, starting my business now. Couldn't stand it anymore been told what to do....be here at certain time etc, etc...where is the freedom???

My girlfriend and myself will be running our business providing a service...massage therapists. We will pay taxes for small business, flat rate. No matter how much we make. We are talking about 15usd every two months. That's not bad is it??

We will not hire anybody only us. No accountant, no auditory, no cash register. Just our taxes every two months.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to seko For This Post:

eaglespirit (16th January 2012), Enquiring1 (17th January 2012), MMA_Fan (17th January 2012), modwiz (16th January 2012), NancyV (20th January 2012)

5. Link to Post #24
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,764 times in 987 posts

Please let me know when you have figured it out! Not being sarcastic!

6. Link to Post #25
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by CdnSirian (here)
    Please let me know when you have figured it out! Not being sarcastic!
    Wanna help?? Not being sarcastic either . . . . .

7. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,312 times in 994 posts

I don't want your job, or your money...

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kindred For This Post:

Bryn ap Gwilym (16th January 2012), eaglespirit (16th January 2012), TelosianEmbrace (16th January 2012), Turcurulin (18th January 2012)

9. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,150 times in 3,856 posts

So, what happens to women, ppl over 50 and under 25? Freeze them out of a job and a way to provide for themselves? Ladies, why not go back to the days of being barefoot and pregnant as the only career option left to you? BTW mo tYst women over 50 don't want to go through that anymore.
    The point I'm making is that this is prejudice and unfairness to the max.... Smart business leaders will find a way to plan for things like pregnancies and lazy employees (which costs a company more money in the long run).

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

Khaleesi (16th January 2012)

11. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Member GlassSteagallfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,530 times in 987 posts

Using subcontractors and part-time employees solves some problems. Most retail businesses in my area only hire part time.

To blufire: sounds like you want to go off the grid!?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GlassSteagallfan For This Post:

eaglespirit (16th January 2012), Unified Serenity (17th January 2012)

13. Link to Post #29
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

i run a small business with two full time employees. i've received quotes for health insurance of more than $400/mn for individuals and $800/mn for employee and family. I think this is so high. In my state we are locked in and can only shop insurance locally. It would be nice if we could look for insurance in other markets or if like businesses could pool together to hopefully get more competitive pricing?
    there are lots of rules and regulations for corporations but i think they are fair for the most part. I believe historically corporations pay income or profit tax. it’s the individual that really gets socked for paying taxes on their income. Folks should not have to pay taxes on their labor.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Virgo For This Post:

eaglespirit (16th January 2012), NancyV (20th January 2012), Unified Serenity (17th January 2012)

15. Link to Post #30
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,179 times in 2,653 posts

Each and Every One of Us has the innate abilities to be a self-employed-sovereign individual energy even in an 'employee' situation...
    We can change the whole mixed up mess by simply engaging that workaday world with a spiritual upbeat even in an 8 hour shift...
    Your aptitude and attitude and awareness shifts the day by day work shift...no kidding!

...and if You do not find it 'working' for You even after giving it Your best shot...it may be time to shift to something You know how to do very, very well and like to do very, very much and make a living living that...now is the time like no other!

16. Link to Post #31
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,684 times in 8,938 posts

Quote Posted by blufire (here)
    All I have to say is it is incredibly hard to be an employer and self employed. I recently (past year) closed down two businesses of which together I employed 10 to 15 people. Closed them because the taxes ate me alive . . . . if you did everything legally, credit became ridiculous and rules and regulations are impossible to understand and follow as an employer and owning your own business.

Quite frankly and I’ll get hammered on this one . . . . It was becoming harder and harder to find individuals that would actually work and had the skills to do their work effectively. Some of my best employees were older but couldn’t physically do the work in one of my businesses. I just shut everything down and now setting up a life and business that I can largely handle on my own and hire when I need to.
    I agree with you 100%. Most employees do not realise that in a small firm the owner works easily 60-70 hours a week, has not much vacations, and is submerged by regulations that are almost impossible to fill. After taxes, his revenue is often below his employee's revenue if you count in the hours, and the stress is not accounted for yet. Furthermore, yes, due to the actual education system, the social values and the moral of the mass (economic crisis speaking), employees have lost either the ability to work without surpevision or the motivation to do so. See the thread on the education system actually going on on Avalon https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ucation-system

And we will be both blasted for this.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by GlassSteagallfan (here)
    Using subcontractors and part-time employees solves some problems. Most retail businesses in my area only hire part time.

To blufire: sounds like you want to go off the grid!?
    And then you get the millions of working poors, with no protection whatsoever. This is not a humane and evolutive solution imho.

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

blufire (17th January 2012), Jenci (17th January 2012), Khaleesi (17th January 2012), Lazlo (17th January 2012), MMA_Fan (17th January 2012), NewFounderHome (17th January 2012), ulli (17th January 2012), Unified Serenity (17th January 2012)

18. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

I didn't understand that....Protection from what? Independent contractors? Not Protected from what?

19. Link to Post #33
    Wales Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Co-ops may be the best solution: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooperative

In the uk they are now trying to get companies to have much better share schemes for the employees. Great idea - and it works.

20. Link to Post #34
    United States Avalon Member Amaterasu's Avatar
    Thanks

When I read stuff like this I both empathize with the writer and then consider how life might be if We eliminated the need for money.

Now, I am sure many will say that is impossible, but I assure You that, though there are high obstacles - such as calling forth from black ops (here in the US where I am) the free energy tech They keep hidden - We CAN do it. In fact, it is for that reason that the tech, electrogravitics, is kept hidden.

The reason free energy would eliminate the need for money is because all money represents is meaningful energy expended in an energy-scarce society. (One can grasp this most easily by considering the first hunter, gatherer, farmer, miner. The stuff They gained/used was free: critters, fruits, vegetables, nuts, seed, sun, soil, rain, ores. It was the meaningful energy expended that gave "value" to the stuff: the killing, picking, tilling, weeding, harvesting, mining, transporting.)

So... Adding abundantly what money represents would reduce the need for money...but what about the necessary jobs no One wants to do? Just now in Our history We are at a stage in developing robots which can do that work, making Human energy for such work unneeded. What adding these two thing would do is:

Eliminate poverty (whatever One wants is free)
    Eliminate hunger (with food distributed by need and not profit, VAST waste will be avoided - supermarkets alone throw out hundreds of thousands of TONS of food a MONTH)
    Eliminate war (with no profit motive, the war suppliers will not be motivated to instigate wars to Their gain)
    Eliminate the control the power elite have over Us
    Free Us to follow Our bliss - within the three Laws

1. Do not willfully harm or kill another Being
    2. Do not willfully take or damage another Being’s property
    3. Do not willfully defraud another Being

(Beings (cap the "B") are sapient, animals are beings.)

Once money is removed, and with the Interweb for global communication, We can chaotically govern Ourselves through a website with local, regional, hyper-regional (continental?), and global levels where problems can be reported, discussed, and actions taken on solutions that are the BEST and not the cheapest or most profitable.

We can eliminate other waste: products will be made to last as there will be no motive for "planned obsolescence" to create additional sales, no need for "theft-deterring" packaging, and so on.

For more on a "platform" to seed the chaos into fractalizing into a positive society, please see: http://www.openlounge.org/forum/free...platform/#p629

Yes, We surely wouldn't have to worry about who We hire. We will all work stigmergistically (see http://wlcentral.org/node/2419 for a definition), with leaders of the moment emerging to solve problems as they arise.
    Last edited by Amaterasu; 17th January 2012 at 21:36. Reason: brian breeze

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Amaterasu For This Post:

Flash (18th January 2012), NewFounderHome (17th January 2012), Peace4all (18th January 2012), Turcurulin (18th January 2012)

22. Link to Post #35
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,625 times in 2,401 posts

Quote Posted by eaglespirit (here)
    fend off the rigged system and just do the work you are prompted to...
    your needs will be provided and all else will come into being now more than ever!

ALL the bs has had its day!!!
    YEAH I AGREE, but it would be nice if i would see some signs of this coming in real time and real life, not to poop on the party , but hey ive got things to pay for.

23. Link to Post #36
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Okay, this sounds pretty good and has some solid ideas and thoughts . . . .can we flesh some of this out a bit?

Let’s start with #2 of the laws you have stated “Do not willfully take or damage another Being’s property”

Property denotes ownership and ownership establishes ‘this is mine and you can’t have it’ attitude. Property and ownership causes division, jealousy and greed and requires money or some form of monetary value.

And so if we abolish ownership or property then we would be in a state of everyone should get equal shares of everything which then causes division and anger because of the “Well I worked harder than this guy did so I should get more” . . . thing

See what I mean? I’m not being facetious or sarcastic these are things I think about when trying to apply some of the concepts in trying to get us out of this mess.

I would love to really working on some of this and see if we can start carving out a new path.

Quote Posted by Amaterasu (here)
    When I read stuff like this I both empathize with the writer and then consider how life might be if We eliminated the need for money.

Now, I am sure many will say that is impossible, but I assure You that, though there are high obstacles - such as calling forth from black ops (here in the US where I am) the free energy tech They keep hidden - We CAN do it. In fact, it is for that reason that the tech, electrogravitics, is kept hidden.

The reason free energy would eliminate the need for money is because all money represents is meaningful energy expended in an energy-scarce society. (One can grasp this most easily by considering the first hunter, gatherer, farmer, miner. The stuff They gained/used was free: critters, fruits, vegetables, nuts, seed, sun, soil, rain, ores. It was the meaningful energy expended that gave "value" to the stuff: the killing, picking, tilling, weeding, harvesting, mining, transporting.)

So... Adding abundantly what money represents would reduce the need for money...but what about the necessary jobs no One wants to do? Just now in Our history We are at a stage in developing robots which can do that work, making Human energy for such work unneeded. What adding these two thing would do is:

Eliminate poverty (whatever One wants is free)
    Eliminate hunger (with food distributed by need and not profit, VAST waste will be avoided - supermarkets alone throw out hundreds of thousands of TONS of food a MONTH)
    Eliminate war (with no profit motive, the war suppliers will not be motivated to instigate wars to Their gain)
    Eliminate the control the power elite have over Us
    Free Us to follow Our bliss - within the three Laws

1. Do not willfully harm or kill another Being
    2. Do not willfully take or damage another Being’s property
    3. Do not willfully defraud another Being

(Beings (cap the "B") are sapient, animals are beings.)

Once money is removed, and with the Interweb for global communication, We can chaotically govern Ourselves through a website with local, regional, hyper-regional (continental?), and global levels where problems can be reported, discussed, and actions taken on solutions that are the BEST and not the cheapest or most profitable.

We can eliminate other waste: products will be made to last as there will be no motive for "planned obsolescence" to create additional sales, no need for "theft-deterring" packaging, and so on.

For more on a "platform" to seed the chaos into fractalizing into a positive society, please see: http://www.openlounge.org/forum/free...platform/#p629

Yes, We surely wouldn't have to worry about who We hire. We will all work stigmergistically (see http://wlcentral.org/node/2419 for a definition), with leaders of the moment emerging to solve problems as they arise.

24. Link to Post #37
    United States Avalon Member Lazlo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,735 times in 581 posts

Quote Posted by DreamsInDigital (here)
    In California, if you're OVER 25 no one will hire you. And, if you're over 30 and not already established in Acting, forget about it. Even A good majority that are will loose work after they turn 30. And, if you're over qualified, even at 18 they wont hire you.
    I trust that your first statement applies only to the acting world as well. This and the overqualified statment are otherwise patently wrong.

Besides, it is very hard to argue that any 18 year old is overqualified for anything. That is merely an excuse for someone who doesn't want to take an unglamorous, low paying, entry level job. That's how I started my career.

Until three years ago, I was in a position where I hired 30 to 40 workers seasonally. Every other year or so, I would run across a stellar employee to whom I would offer FT, year-round employment, with benefits. It was actually very hard to find good people.

In my current position, I work for a California based company that created over 40 high paying jobs in 2011. We hired men, women, Americans, and immigrants. We chose the best talent that we could find.

And NO, it isn't actually that hard to get rid of an underperforming employee, at least in the US and Canada. You just have to document that they are underperforming and that you offered training and development to get their performance to improve. Then you need to document the specific instances of failure to follow company guidelines. If they don't get better, you show them the door. The reason that there is so many employment lawsuits is that a large number of companies don't follow the law and leave themselves exposed. I once had to fire an employee that I just KNEW was going to put up a stink, and sure enough, they did. We got a nasty letter from an attorney outlining a long list of ridiculous of grievances and demanding equally ridiculous compensation. It was a simple manner of sending said attorney a packet with all of the appropriate documentation in it (this took about 15 minutes) and we never heard about it again, not even a letter telling us that they weren't going to pursue the suit.

Bottom line, if a company wants to be successful, and it requires employees to do so, then they will hire. Yes, there are a large number of small employers who have had to close their doors...but the reality is that only one in five businesses that make a go at it are still around five years later. That's right, 80% of new ventures fail and job losses go with it. In fact, there are so many restaurant failures and new restaurants that open every year in New York City alone, that you could eat in a new businees every day...perpetually...and never eat in the same place twice.
    Just because I took the red pill, it doesn't mean that I washed it down with the koolaid

25. Link to Post #38
    United States Avalon Member Amaterasu's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by blufire (here)
    Okay, this sounds pretty good and has some solid ideas and thoughts . . . .can we flesh some of this out a bit?

Let’s start with #2 of the laws you have stated “Do not willfully take or damage another Being’s property”

Property denotes ownership and ownership establishes ‘this is mine and you can’t have it’ attitude. Property and ownership causes division, jealousy and greed and requires money or some form of monetary value.
    Here's the thing... I think You are seeing things from a scarcity point of view. In abundance, ownership will be a matter of the things You have ordered (for free) which can include homes, vehicles, tools, food, clothing... And things gifted to You. And also any "heirlooms," things that You owned from before the abundance came about, or that You inherited.

EveryOne will have access to what They need, and most (if not all) They want.

Property will not be an issue, since a great deal of People will take to the sky with Their homes, being freed from the grid. And given that statistically speaking Humans don't exist on this planet, I think adding a 3rd dimension of space will give Us plenty to go around.

Quote And so if we abolish ownership or property then we would be in a state of everyone should get equal shares of everything which then causes division and anger because of the “Well I worked harder than this guy did so I should get more” . . . thing
    That is communism. One pie divided equally. Abundance is more like a huge warehouse of pies and One may choose as little or as much as One wants from any or all pies...

No One will "work." EveryOne will follow Their bliss. Whether that is solving problems, building robots, researching, camping, fishing, creating movies... And groups with coinciding goals will coalesce stigmergistically (think Linux) with leaders emerging.

Quote See what I mean? I’m not being facetious or sarcastic these are things I think about when trying to apply some of the concepts in trying to get us out of this mess.
    Yes, I do. But like I said, I believe You are approaching this from a scarcity paradigm. It takes a shift into the abundance paradigm to fully grasp how it will function.

Quote I would love to really working on some of this and see if we can start carving out a new path.
    Awesome! Me too. But We need free energy to make it work, and I figure that getting the awareness to the tipping point that We DO have that capability is the first step to demanding it from Our "government."

For a free book (really more a novella) I wrote in a science "fiction" style which illustrates the functioning of the abundance paradigm, there is a PDF here: http://files.abovetopsecret.com/file...70b7b43ddc.pdf

26. Link to Post #39
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Funny... those are the same reasons that I DIDN'T apply for that job! Your loss...

Most of these points revolve around the acceptance of a monetary, and a competitive-economic, system. The monetary system is unacceptable. Remove the debt and the competition - what's left?.. All of us and the work we were doing anyway.

Imagine a small, tight-knit community of which you are a part. Now, one of the farmers needs a new house on his orchard. Do you help him build his house because of all of the delicious apples that he has given you in the past? No - there is no debt. You help him build his house to ensure his productivity and to secure your own future-delicious-apple consumption. Just as the farmer didn't give the apples with thoughts of, "He'll be helping me build my house one day because of these apples." But rather, "He'll need strength when and if called upon by myself or others." Everyone helps everyone because it is the only option for personal progress. This is the type of community that you need, blufire... and can I come?

So, why do we work?.. To get paid. Why do we want to get paid?.. So we can go buy food, water, shelter and all of the other things that we can have for 'free.' The quality of life is the issue. Would you rather spend your day securing these essentials within your own paradigm? Or would you rather work for 8 hours a day, in the current system, in order to 'purchase' these items according to the circumstance of the current system (competing with everyone for everything)? I resonate with Benjamin Fulford's ideas of a "resource-based economy."

After mortgage/rent bills, electricity/fuel bills, and food/water bills, what is there to pay for, really? Guess where all of these products comes from? The Earth! We can all have these things for free, the biggest barrier is education. I don't think anyone would have an issue with electric-bills if they could reproduce Tesla's Power Tower. I guess there's no profit in teaching self-sustainability... eh?

Also - Ups to you, Amaterasu. Great stuff!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Turcurulin For This Post:

Amaterasu (18th January 2012)

28. Link to Post #40
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,684 times in 8,938 posts

Quote Posted by 9eagle9 (here)
    I didn't understand that....Protection from what? Independent contractors? Not Protected from what?
    Basic health insurance in case you brake your neck (say that you do not take big pharma medication but to need a cast or as me, have an ear infection in the US of A - no coverage, my ear infection was realllllly expensive)

or, a basic pension fund - working independant means having to do quite a lot to have a pension fund (lot of work and money I mean)

or, like me, having to pay for the treatments of your child, am I not happy that I pay only for the altenrative stuff, being covered by the social medical insurance for the other treatments, or by the public funds for special schools. I am a Canadian, part of those costs are covered, they are not in US, and yet, in 10 years, my child easily cost from my pocket 100K. It would have been three time this amount not being covered. She would have remain almost speechless.

That the protection is private or public does not matter so much imho. what matters is the protection for dire circumstances. This is what I meant by protection.

An ideal society would supply these without the use of money imho.
    Last edited by Flash; 18th January 2012 at 03:43.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Lazlo (18th January 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast