+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bill Still: "Meet the New Boss" (really understands our monetary system)

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,435 times in 21,490 posts

Default Bill Still: "Meet the New Boss" (really understands our monetary system)

Bill Still is getting really good at understanding our monetary system. Take a listen to his latest youtube video "Meet the New Boss":
    One of the key ideas he explains - since the big banks have gained control of making money, they can buy whatever they want. If others, whether persons, governments or corporations want something beyond their immediate cash on hand, they have to borrow the money. But if the big banks want something, they just pay for it ... free money. That's why the most expensive politicians, governments, corporations, militaries, intelligence agencies, media, universities, ... are essentially owned by the big banks. That's why all the really interesting and really expensive black ops and advanced research and development are "off budget" ... meaning that instead of our government buying it with debt, rather the big banks just buy it with money made from nothing.

We must take back the right to make money, whether by coin, printing or fabricating ledger account entries. Like the "banker" in the board game of Monopoly, who ever can issue money must do so in an open and audit-able fashion, under the control of the people. Otherwise they end up owning the entire board.

Whether money is supposedly backed by debt, gold, oil, or acorn nuts is secondary. Whether it is issued by national central banks or a international central bank is secondary. Whomever issues it must operate openly, subject to the control of the people and unable to "make some on the side, for their own benefit."
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 17th January 2012 at 07:00.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Calz (17th January 2012), CdnSirian (17th January 2012), D-Day (17th January 2012), jcocks (17th January 2012), joedjemal (17th January 2012), Lisab (17th January 2012), Watching from Cyprus (17th January 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Bill Still: "Meet the New Boss" (really understands our monetary system)

Bill is the man!

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 times in 659 posts

Default Re: Bill Still: "Meet the New Boss" (really understands our monetary system)

Good post. Transparency is the key but will we ever get it. Another aspect of the banking crisis that is well worth taking the time to familiarise yourself with is off shore banking. I have just finished reading Nicholas Shaxon's book Treasure Islands (excellent review here: http://www.lrb.co.uk/v33/n08/david-r...nt-they-notice) which goes into it in detail. This is a world wide crisis undermining the global economy. The history of the Corporation of the City of London alone - a tax haven itself - makes chilling reading.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Corncrake For This Post:

CdnSirian (17th January 2012)

6. Link to Post #4
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,845 times in 3,177 posts

Can't watch the vid in Germoney.
    Blocked due to the allmighty GEMA.

[If someone cares to explain the proxy workaround to me... feel invited to pm me]

7. Link to Post #5
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,435 times in 21,490 posts

Quote Posted by meeradas (here)
    Can't watch the vid in Germoney.
    Blocked due to the allmighty GEMA.

[If someone cares to explain the proxy workaround to me... feel invited to pm me]
    A Google search for "proxy sites for youtube" (or similar terms) will find a number of sites that will let you view Youtube videos without directly going to the Youtube.com website.

For example, youtubeproxy.org happens to be one of the sites this Google search found for me. So I went to youtubeproxy.org, and entered the URL of the desired youtube video, which you can see in my post above, just below the blocked video. That URL is https://youtube.com/watch?v=67nE9erMcFI. I entered that URL into the form on the youtubeproxy.org site and it went to a display of the video, without my going directly to the Youtube.com website.

There are quite a few such Proxy websites -- http://www.bestproxysites.com/ and other sites will list other choices for you, as an alternative to doing a Google search for them.

Apparently there has been on ongoing feud between Youtube and GEMA since at least 2009 over licensing fees. GEMA wants Youtube to pay more licensing fees for any GEMA music, and so Youtube blocks many videos with music in them to Germany. (This is my summary, based on a few minutes of looking around - could easily be incorrect.)
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

meeradas (19th January 2012)

+ Reply to Thread