+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1.618 Phi, The Golden Ratio, God Creator of Heaven and Earth..

1. Link to Post #1
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Default 1.618 Phi, The Golden Ratio, God Creator of Heaven and Earth..

1.618 is a mathematical formula that is found in almost everything, thus proving the universe was created by Intelligent Design, that is, God. I believe the understanding of it will help our recent discussions.

The Golden Mean is just not a successful formula used by artists to find and place the ‘sweet spot’, the center of attraction, in a design. It is a mathematical formula that when described through the simplified Fibonacci Sequence [explanation not given here], tells us where life has been. Here is the relationship in numbers we can deal with and how it works:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=0hvD5...layer_embedded

Fibonacci Sequence

The Fibonacci Sequence is the series of numbers:

0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, …

The next number is found by adding up the two numbers before it.
    • The 2 is found by adding the two numbers before it (1+1)
    • Similarly, the 3 is found by adding the two numbers before it (1+2),
    • And the 5 is (2+3),
    • and so on!

Example: the next number in the sequence above would be 21+34 = 55

It is that simple!

Here is a longer list:

0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233, 377, 610, 987, 1597, 2584, 4181, 6765, 10946, 17711, 28657, 46368, 75025, 121393, 196418, 317811, …

Can you figure out the next few numbers?

We can look back at the numbers, and see in this relationship where life, in general, was, and then how it grew and went forward. In other words, but looking at life’s history, we can calculate where life has been, and what its next leap forward is likely to be.

I am talking about some very profound, sacred ideas here. When they were described to me, I was in total awe! I still am.

Have a look at some examples of what I mean. I’ve picked a great many and have not loaded them in any order. You can see they are to be found everywhere:

. . . and finally the Flower of Life symbol, the sacred geometry symbol, which when understood holds all the information of LIFE within it, including subjecxs like music. It is found everywhere on the planet in the ancient world.

Why has this profound information been withheld from us? Without the understanding of the apparently single, powerful creative force behind it, we are doomed to continue on our destructive paths. One if these photos even shows it is demonstrated by buildings on Mars, information to which we are not permitted to be privy! You also can see it in not just on this planet, but in the entire Universe!

What, then, is our ‘real’ history? It seems we don’t really know! We, however, are beginning to find out that for some reason it deliberately has been kept from us! This begs the very serious question then, “If we don’t know where we have been – according to universal law, how then can we know where to go?” How can we direct our steps forward?

A flower ‘knows’ where it has been; it can reach back and calculate its next step forward. I don’t think it does it with a brain, but it ‘knows’ what to do. Our bodies ‘know’ what to do. We, as a species, however, desperately need to ‘know’ what is really behind us, what is our ‘real’ truth as a species in order to get back in alignment with that creative force so that we, too, ‘know’ what to do to take the next creative leap!

It is becoming more and more obvious to all of us that something is terribly wrong with the picture humanity has been given, and as a result almost every single thing we do is destructive! We simply do not know how to go forward in healthy ways according to universal law, following the Golden Ratio. Because of this, we have been destroying the planet and everything and everyone on it. I suggest that the sooner we have a look and found out what our ‘real’ history is, the sooner we will return to living via the Golden Ratio/Mean.

I contend that just the knowledge of this connection will lead us back to the right path forward, because when we ‘really’ understand it, all the lies we have been told will fall away!

http://jhaines6.wordpress.com/
    Last edited by jackovesk; 22nd January 2012 at 09:04.

2. Link to Post #2
    Ireland Avalon Member Poly Hedra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,838 times in 349 posts

Default Re: 1.618 Phi, The Golden Ratio, God Creator of Heaven and Earth..

Thank you for this thread. I've become really interested in sacred geometry, I bought a book I've mentioned before called The Beginners Guide to Constructing the Universe. It baffles me as to why children are not taught such a basic understanding of our world. Sacred geomtry would be obvious!!! I bought a compass and triangle etc and I've really gotten into drawing these patterns myself. It feels good to understand these shapes of life, beautiful.
    Last edited by Poly Hedra; 22nd January 2012 at 11:55.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Poly Hedra For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (23rd March 2018), happyuk (23rd March 2018), misericordia (22nd January 2012), petra (23rd March 2018)

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,673 times in 499 posts

Is a single omnipotent being/entity who folk call a God responsible for everything? Or is it just possible that a bunch of Hackers/coders are the brainchild of this Holographic Universe? Could we be nothing more than advanced characters in a game of the Sims floating around as 11000010100 in some memory block in some quantum computer? This could explain why computer terminology is used to identify the very essence of man/woman.

One thing seems certain is, that there does appear to be some sort of intelligence at play here whether it is natural, synthesised, artificial or by something that is omnipotent. But which one?

Whomever or whatever is behind all this, I have to admit the simplicity & complexity is overwhelmingly beautiful.
    Inscription on The Washington Monument -

Fy iaith, fy ngwlad, fy nghenedl Cymru — Cymru am byth (My language, my land, my nation of Wales — Wales for ever)...

Dweud y gwir - Tell the truth

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bryn ap Gwilym For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (23rd March 2018), seko (23rd March 2018)

6. Link to Post #4
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

When I try to think of an example of infinity, I can only think of two

1) A circle
    2) Pi

I found this interesting conversation on mathoverflow.net about the Mathematical Theory of Aethetics that someone else might enjoy reading too. There's a comment at the end which got downvoted, but I agree with this:

Quote Posted by Dehbop on mathoverflow.net
    Mathematically, if there is great order, "beauty" is only a neurological phenomenon of perceiving said order.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

BMJ (23rd March 2018), Foxie Loxie (23rd March 2018), Nick Matkin (26th March 2018), Satori (23rd March 2018), TargeT (23rd March 2018)

8. Link to Post #5
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,639 times in 506 posts

Matching tattoo with missus catsquotl.
    15 year anniversary. Symbolizing growth towards more and more harmony..

Yes I like Phi.

With Love
    Eelco

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (23rd March 2018), petra (23rd March 2018)

10. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Congrats on the15 years!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Catsquotl (23rd March 2018)

12. Link to Post #7
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,639 times in 506 posts

Thank you.

It will be 20 this year..

With Love
    Eelco

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Catsquotl For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (23rd March 2018)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,377 times in 32,916 posts

Quote Posted by petra (here)

1) A circle
    2) Pi
    Here's another...

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

DeDukshyn (24th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (24th March 2018), mojo (23rd March 2018), Nick Matkin (26th March 2018), petra (26th March 2018)

16. Link to Post #9
    Wales Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,242 times in 942 posts

1) A circle
    2) Pi

I found this interesting conversation on mathoverflow.net about the Mathematical Theory of Aethetics that someone else might enjoy reading too. There's a comment at the end which got downvoted, but I agree with this:

Quote Posted by Dehbop on mathoverflow.net
    Mathematically, if there is great order, "beauty" is only a neurological phenomenon of perceiving said order.
    The square root of 2 is one of my favorites...

A lot of sacred geometry concepts are explained beautifully in this Donald Duck (!) cartoon:

Walt Disney was a 33rd degree mason remember

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to happyuk For This Post:

DeDukshyn (24th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (24th March 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (26th March 2018), petra (26th March 2018)

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by happyuk (here)
    A lot of sacred geometry concepts are explained beautifully in this Donald Duck (!) cartoon:
    Yes! It's excellent. Fun, clever, genuinely educational, and recommended.

The video's really pretty good for kids to turn them on to math. Cédric Villani (famous French mathematician and Fields Medal winner — that's a bit like the Nobel Prize for Math) credits the cartoon, which is called Donald in Mathmagic Land, with greatly inspiring him when he was a child.

* Here's Cédric, btw, who looks like a punk rock singer, has an accent like Inspector Clouseau, always wears his spider badge when giving public presentations, and is entertaining and VERY bright:

Math really is full of astonishing things; and the world's mathematicians have often been eccentric and busting out with character. Not many, probably, are masons: but they'd still ALL appreciate the beauty and mystery of it all.

Geometry, as so excellently shown in the Donald Duck cartoon, would be the same on every other planet in this universe. That's really worth pausing to think about. (And ETs from anywhere at all would have to have exactly the same math as us....)

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 24th March 2018 at 00:15.

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

DeDukshyn (24th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (24th March 2018), gord (24th March 2018), happyuk (24th March 2018), Iancorgi (26th March 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (26th March 2018), onevoice (26th March 2018), petra (26th March 2018), Star Tsar (26th March 2018)

20. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,455 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Here's another...

Oh, the hours I have spent with early versions of Fractint trying to find this level of depth in a mandlebrot. Most often you run into dead ends and /or uninteresting/repeating "landscapes". That was beautiful!
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (24th March 2018), gord (24th March 2018)

22. Link to Post #12
    Wales Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,242 times in 942 posts

Check out this video "Secrets in plain sight" - parts 1 to 23 - well over 3 1/2 hours of content.

A treat for all sacred geometry / math fans:

When I was a kid, it was this guy, Johnny Ball who made math interesting for me with a kids TV programme 'Think of a number'. The BBC in their infinite politically-correct stupidity has apparently wiped many of his videos (much like Prof. David Bellamy, Ball voiced scepticism about man-made climate change and subsequently found himself a persona non grata by the BBC), but a few videos still survive:

Last edited by happyuk; 24th March 2018 at 18:51.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to happyuk For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (24th March 2018), onevoice (26th March 2018), petra (26th March 2018), Star Tsar (26th March 2018)

24. Link to Post #13
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

1) A circle
    2) Pi
    Here's another...

I don't follow how fractal magnification is an example of infinity. Sounds like they just ran out of ram to me...

The square root of 2 is one of my favorites...
    That's a great example too! Sweet, now I have three

Walt Disney was a 33rd degree mason remember
    I did not know that... how convenient! Thanks Walt Disney, and happyuk

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (26th March 2018), happyuk (28th March 2018)

26. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

I don't follow how fractal magnification is an example of infinity. Sounds like they just ran out of ram to me...
    Made me laugh!

Well, it just goes on down the rabbithole FOREVER. You zoom in and in and IN, and it'll never reach an end.

With enough RAM, and enough computing power, you could have a video like that going on for a trillion years, going into more and more fine detail at the same exact precise point. And it'll never ever stop.

For non-geeks, the Mandelbrot Set is generated by a complex mathematical function in an iterative process, which means that that (also!) goes on and on forever, over and over again. Infinities (of various kinds!) are a favorite research subject of mathematicians, because — in a word — it's all so mind-boggling for us mortal humans to wrap our heads around.

On a slightly separate topic, I believe there was a science fiction story (was it by Arthur C. Clark?), about pi (3.14159265358979323, etc etc etc). A supercomputer had figured out all the digits to a far greater number than ever before.... and right there was a coded message from God, waiting for us to get smart enough to find it.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (26th March 2018), onevoice (26th March 2018), Star Tsar (26th March 2018)

28. Link to Post #15
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,691 times in 13,806 posts

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (26th March 2018)

30. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    I believe there was a science fiction story (was it by Arthur C. Clark?), about pi (3.14159265358979323, etc etc etc). A supercomputer had figured out all the digits to a far greater number than ever before.... and right there was a coded message from God, waiting for us to get smart enough to find it.

Is it this one Bill?

No, that was a different one!

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (26th March 2018), Star Tsar (26th March 2018)

32. Link to Post #17
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Made me laugh!

Well, it just goes on down the rabbithole FOREVER. You zoom in and in and IN, and it'll never reach an end.
    I get it now, the fractal itself represents infinity! Normally with zooming you would reach an end... but not with a fractal!

I enjoyed the anecdote about a message from God waiting in the Pi. That reminded me of a scene from Person of Interest, I found it on Youtube. Interesting to note, the only thing in the description is '... hope this doesn't get deleted, people need to see this'

Happyuk reminded me of another educational kid's show called Square One TV, this was one of my favorites about Infinity! I patiently waited years and years for this to show up on Youtube, and came across this a few years back:

Last edited by petra; 26th March 2018 at 18:18. Reason: Added Square One TV as name of show

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (26th March 2018), Star Tsar (26th March 2018)

34. Link to Post #18
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,698 times in 4,337 posts

When I was a kid, it was this guy, Johnny Ball who made math interesting for me with a kids TV programme 'Think of a number'. The BBC in their infinite politically-correct stupidity has apparently wiped many of his videos (much like Prof. David Bellamy, Ball voiced scepticism about man-made climate change and subsequently found himself a persona non grata by the BBC), but a few videos still survive:

Johnny Ball, mad as a box of frogs. Thanks for that, brought back some childhood memories.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (26th March 2018), happyuk (28th March 2018), petra (13th April 2018)

36. Link to Post #19
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Another song about Geometry from Square One! Enjoy

The following song includes graphic descriptions of obtuse and acute angles.
    Viewers who might be offended by this subject matter should not view this program.

I know all the angles
    Angle Dancing’s the latest fad
    Make two lines meet, add a throbbing beat
    The results’ll drive you mad

If you learn all the angles
    You can dance to my angle song
    To start bend your knees forty-five degrees
    Everybody crawl along

Angle Dance, Angle Dance
    Find the point where two lines merge
    Angle Dance, Angle Dance
    Come, let’s make our paths converge