+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bending children's minds with television.

1. Link to Post #1
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,260 times in 3,618 posts

Default Bending children's minds with television.

It is all about distraction and being unaware.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (26th January 2012), cheez_2806 (26th January 2012), crosby (26th January 2012), Curt (26th January 2012), Ella (26th January 2012), greybeard (26th January 2012), gs_powered (26th January 2012), Isthatso (26th January 2012), jasontorque (26th January 2012), Jay (26th January 2012), Jenci (26th January 2012), Kindred (26th January 2012), music (26th January 2012), spiritguide (26th January 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Bending children's minds with television.

From observation, it mainly affects boys.
    Last edited by Tony; 26th January 2012 at 09:31.

4. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,798 times in 2,657 posts

as a parent of five children, i can absolutely see the same outcome. my oldest son, has had many problems with attentional attitude and risk taking, while my youngest daughters are the exact opposite. i'm left wondering if there is a way to try to reverse the effect. thanks Pie, this was very educational for me.
    regards, corson

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crosby For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (26th January 2012), music (26th January 2012), Tony (26th January 2012)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,216 times in 388 posts

I personally think TV is going the way of the horse and buggy! Soon it will be outdated, esp with the internet. BUT what we view online is also subjected via movies or shows on what Hollywood makes. So in essence the near same effect as TV has, but the internet can be more picky..as where TV you only can watch what is on TV at the time. The internet can view what you want when you want.
    I think for modern kids, esp boys video games are the bigger issue nowdays
    I think I could turn and live with animals. They are so placid and self-contained. They do not lie awake in the dark and weep for their sins. They do not make me sick discussing their duty to God. Not one of them kneels to another or to his own kind that lived thousands of years ago. Not one of them is respectable or unhappy, all over the earth. " Lord SummerIsle

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BestLion For This Post:

Tony (26th January 2012)

8. Link to Post #5
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,625 times in 2,401 posts

Quote Posted by pie'n'eal (here)
    From observation, it mainly affects boys.
    Very hard or easy to understand why shows are made like this if this is common knowledge what the effects on a developing brain are.

Looks like a decent attention span is just about the last thing TPTB want us to have, and a good way for big pharma to create a new market for their drugs. Makes me curious who sponsors these shows.

On a larger scale its looks like a kind of tactic Yuri Bezmenov talks about, psycholgical warfare and subversion to corrupt a nations youth to prevent them from resisting change.
    Last edited by 778 neighbour of some guy; 26th January 2012 at 10:25. Reason: crappy spelling

9. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

This is one of the reasons we got rid of our television. I noticed that I was using the television as a baby sitter a little more than I should. Our son is 3.5 now, and we have not had a television for almost 2 years. His teacher at play school notices that he concentrates much longer on puzzles, drawing etc than other children at play school. Whether he is just naturally like this, or if it is because we do not have a television I don't know. However, I still let him watch certain things on the computer that I have down loaded, but I have convinced myself that this is better, purely because I have more control over what he sees. A lot of families have televisions on as back ground noise too, so even if the children are playing with toys, they still are subject to a whole load of things that maybe they shouldn't be, commercials, news etc. But I am aware that we live in a society where parents sometimes do not have the time they need, and so I think a lot of children watch TV as a result of this. It's a hard situation, I'm pretty sure most parents you ask do not want their children to watch so much TV, but maybe they feel that there are no other options.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ella For This Post:

Tarka the Duck (26th January 2012), Tony (26th January 2012)

11. Link to Post #7
    United Arab Emirates Avalon Member mahalall's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,949 times in 591 posts

Obverse the vibrational change in your child. From a natural conscious state of air element-that flows every where with joyous curiosity (parentally exhausting although fun) to a t.v viewer that turns into a heavy denseness-an introverted slug mass (hard work to lift into play).
    http://www.deliberateblog.com/2011/0...our-vibration/

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mahalall For This Post:

Tony (26th January 2012)

13. Link to Post #8
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

But remember, we were all children once (or more times). We all have our neurones in a tangle.

Start joining the neurones up! Don't assume your brain is sane.

14. Link to Post #9
    England Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Great video,

Quote Posted by pie'n'eal (here)
    But remember, we were all children once (or more times). We all have our neurones in a tangle.

Start joining the neurones up! Don't assume your brain is sane.
    Here's another one regarding possible help in that respect.

Last edited by Omni connexae!; 26th January 2012 at 14:14.

15. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

I would be interested on his thoughts regarding modern internet "gaming" in this context as well.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (26th January 2012)

17. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member spiritguide's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,730 times in 1,479 posts

Hence,"moderation in all things", creates a physical balance for sensory input and proper neuron development. Could moderation be the answer to proper emotional balance? Mothers and infants communicate by knowing what is next, this ability is innate (built in) and is quite natural and trusting. Could we be forfeiting this ability for the sake of modern perceptions of technology?
    As we see into the nature of things we become aware that technology is insulating us from the inheritance of the natural. IMHO

18. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,795 times in 1,163 posts

As long as people use TV as a substitute for paying actual attention to their children, we will have this problem. Many people now have no TV, but violent video games are as bad, or worse, as is unsupervised access to the internet for children.

Being a good parent is the hardest job in the world, but even though a large portion of humanity seems to get self-validation only through active employment, yet being a parent is not considered in this context. The skill set required to raise aware and loving children, who have the permission to be themselves, is vast.

I am not a perfect parent, but I do the best I can in each moment, and one of my successes is no TV.

+ Reply to Thread