+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blue spheres fall from the sky

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,868 times in 752 posts

Default Blue spheres fall from the sky

This story could be very interesting if the blue spheres weren't from Earth or maybe a failed black ops. experiment....... but probably it's just something weird and that's it.

A man saw the sky dark yellow colour.....is that common? I don't remember seeing the sky dark yellow as far as I can remember.

What say you??

Quote A man in Dorset has been left mystified after tiny blue spheres fell from the sky into his garden.

Steve Hornsby from Bournemouth said the 3cm diameter balls came raining down late on Thursday afternoon during a hail storm.

He found about a dozen of the balls in his garden. He said: "[They're] difficult to pick up, I had to get a spoon and flick them into a jam jar."

The Met Office said the jelly-like substance was "not meteorological".

Mr Hornsby, a former aircraft engineer, said: "The sky went a really dark yellow colour.

"As I walked outside to go to the garage there was an instant hail storm for a few seconds and I thought, 'what's that in the grass'?"
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-16754531
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by seko; 28th January 2012 at 04:55.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to seko For This Post:

crosby (28th January 2012), Dorjezigzag (29th January 2012), frances (3rd February 2012), gigha (29th January 2012), GreenGuy (22nd February 2014), jackovesk (29th January 2012), Laura Elina (28th January 2012), mab777 (3rd February 2012), NeverMind (28th January 2012), ponda (28th January 2012), Ria (28th January 2012), sandy (28th January 2012), Sunny-side-up (22nd February 2014), WhiteFeather (29th January 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,961 times in 1,379 posts

Default Re: Blue spheres fall from the sky

There's always like infrequently things like this happen. I remember reading one article about a red liquid that fell from the sky, frogs, fish, all sorts of weird things. Check out www.unexplainable.net , they have a good selection of the stories archived.
    "Ignoring the evidence is simply another way of ignoring the truth."
    "Reality is always hard to accept whenever it is unpleasant. Our minds play tricks and tell us it just cannot be. Instead of accepting the truth as it is when it disturbs us, we try to deny its existence."

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DreamsInDigital For This Post:

frances (3rd February 2012), GreenGuy (22nd February 2014), jackovesk (29th January 2012), Ria (28th January 2012), seko (28th January 2012), Sunny-side-up (22nd February 2014), WhiteFeather (29th January 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,067 times in 950 posts

It may be the result of cloud seeding of some sort, especially as the spheres came down in a hail storm.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ellisa For This Post:

Brodie75 (28th January 2012), frances (3rd February 2012), seko (28th January 2012), Sunny-side-up (22nd February 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    Australia Avalon Member cheez_2806's Avatar
    Thanks

interesting...
    and I have a question in regards to raining fish and frogs...the pictures of these creatures all seems to be mature well not mature but grown so much compared to just an egg??...why don't they rain down earlier before they grow? why does it come down at this time?
    for example the story of raining apples, experts say the storm must have carried the seeds towards this and that direction...and then the picture of the apple is a full size that person is holding and is it the actual object that fell not a prop. so how did the apple grow???

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cheez_2806 For This Post:

frances (3rd February 2012), GreenGuy (22nd February 2014), kirolak (26th February 2014), Ria (28th January 2012), seko (28th January 2012), selinam (26th February 2014), Sunny-side-up (22nd February 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    Poor english
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,972 times in 737 posts

I was working close to bournemouth on that thursday and yes there were hail stones at around 3.45pm. The sky was an abnormal colour in the area I was in ( Wareham ). I just thought that we were due to get some off sea storm but, the clouds and hail passed very quickly and was replaced with hot sunshine.

I saw no blue balls though.

Ammit
    Love. peace and Blessings to you all.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ammit For This Post:

frances (3rd February 2012), GreenGuy (22nd February 2014), kirolak (26th February 2014), seko (28th January 2012), Sunny-side-up (22nd February 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

It could be nothing important, may be a hoax.

They don't look like eggs to me, looks more like small balls that bounce a lot, but 3cm in diameter is very small, it is intriguing.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to seko For This Post:

DeDukshyn (22nd February 2014), frances (3rd February 2012), jackovesk (29th January 2012), Sunny-side-up (22nd February 2014)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,180 times in 550 posts

Quote Posted by seko (here)
    A man saw the sky dark yellow colour.....is that common? I don't remember seeing the sky dark yellow as far as I can remember.
    IF there were clouds, they could have been laden with Saharan dust, which would give them - and the "sky" - a distinctly yellow hue.
    It is not unheard of. I witnessed it myself in 1991 or 1992, when there was "yellow" snow - and yellow clouds - over much of Europe.

I am not saying that's what it is. I am only saying I have seen the "sky" (clouds, actually) appear yellow.

And they could be invertebrate eggs, I suppose, although I doubt they are.

My guess is, possibly some sort of debris related to aircraft.
    ET SI OMNES, EGO NON

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NeverMind For This Post:

seko (28th January 2012)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,961 times in 1,379 posts

Quote Posted by cheez_2806 (here)
    interesting...
    and I have a question in regards to raining fish and frogs...the pictures of these creatures all seems to be mature well not mature but grown so much compared to just an egg??...why don't they rain down earlier before they grow? why does it come down at this time?
    for example the story of raining apples, experts say the storm must have carried the seeds towards this and that direction...and then the picture of the apple is a full size that person is holding and is it the actual object that fell not a prop. so how did the apple grow???
    It's one of the Universe's great mystery phenomenons. There's been all sorts of things that have rained down. One of the more "common" explanations has to do with Quantum Physics and dimensions / timelines intersecting. Others have considered Off Worlders being responsible. I remember seeing just recently video footage of a small grey/humpback whale having been dumped several miles inland by a Craft. But far as I know no one has actually successfully explained why things like this happen, and how. But, generally yes they are fully formed regardless of whether it's fruit, frogs, goo, etc.
    "Ignoring the evidence is simply another way of ignoring the truth."
    "Reality is always hard to accept whenever it is unpleasant. Our minds play tricks and tell us it just cannot be. Instead of accepting the truth as it is when it disturbs us, we try to deny its existence."

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DreamsInDigital For This Post:

cheez_2806 (30th January 2012), frances (3rd February 2012), GreenGuy (22nd February 2014), seko (28th January 2012)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,082 times in 817 posts

Interestingly on that evening in the very same town, Bournemouth, there was this presentation, planned I believe some time before.
    http://sovereignindependent.co.uk/20...-26th-january/
    Last edited by Dorjezigzag; 29th January 2012 at 02:43.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

frances (3rd February 2012), seko (29th January 2012), Sunny-side-up (22nd February 2014)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

It makes it more interesting Dorjezigzag, but what are those spheres made off ???

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to seko For This Post:

frances (3rd February 2012), jackovesk (29th January 2012), kirolak (26th February 2014)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,790 times in 463 posts

maybe an aircraft emptied it's toilets and it froze on the way down and turned to chemical spheres and the chemical in the toilets is blue too!

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pugwash84 For This Post:

frances (3rd February 2012), GreenGuy (22nd February 2014), kirolak (26th February 2014), seko (4th February 2012), Sunny-side-up (22nd February 2014)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

You should have it analyzed

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Atlas (23rd February 2014), kirolak (26th February 2014)

25. Link to Post #13
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,228 times in 3,216 posts

---
    Blue balls mystery solved by scientists
    by Steven Morris - The Guardian, 4 February 2012:

The suggested explanations for the mysterious blue balls that appeared in a Dorset garden have ranged from the unlikely — the eggs of a marine creature – to the downright bizarre – the bodily secretions of angels.

Scientists at Bournemouth University have announced they have solved the puzzle. There is no need to prepare a welcome for extra-terrestrials. The blue balls are almost certainly sodium polyacrylate or waterlock, an absorbent polymer used in nappies and by florists and gardeners as a way of keeping soil moist.

It is still not clear how the substance came to be in the garden but it may be that a heavy hailstorm that seemed to make the balls appear had quickly saturated the sodium polyacrylate crystals, and so caused them to rapidly increase in size.

A jar of the crystals was taken to the school of applied sciences at the university, which has spent the week trying to work out what they are.

Scientists quickly established the crystals were not a life-form. They then drew the water out of them by slowly drying them in an oven and used FTIR spectroscopy, which measures how a sample absorbs or transmits light. This established the balls' "molecular fingerprint" – the procedure often used in crime scenes to establish the nature of a particular substance.

Research assistant Josie Pegg confirmed the substance was sodium polyacrylate. It is sometimes used in gardening or agriculture to improve soil – as well as being used in nappies.

The puzzle of how the substance got into Hornsby's garden remains but, admittedly, it is not the greatest of mysteries. "Perhaps someone was having clear-out and chucked them over the fence," said Pegg. The heavy rain may have turned effectively invisible dry crystals into the gel-like blue balls.

Pegg did not think her work has been a waste of time. "It has attracted lots of interest and been a break from the norm," she said. But next week she will go back to her normal day job, studying aquatic ecology.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

DeDukshyn (22nd February 2014), Dorjezigzag (22nd February 2014), GreenGuy (22nd February 2014), kirolak (26th February 2014), pugwash84 (22nd February 2014), selinam (26th February 2014)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,790 times in 463 posts

Very interesting, thank you. Just the mystery of how they got there lolol xxxxx

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pugwash84 For This Post:

Atlas (22nd February 2014), Sunny-side-up (22nd February 2014)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

Last summer, around sunset, we had a violent thunderstorm. At the storms end, in the far west, the sun peeked through the clouds, near the horizon. The entire sky was glowing yellow/orange. It was really beautiful. I mean it was out of this world, yellow/orange/red. I knew it was something out of the ordinary.

The next day, upon reading here, I saw that there had been some major solar activity, and that auroras were seen quite far south in the united states. And that is why the sky was so colorful, and also the reason for the violent storme (the solar burst).

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Atlas (23rd February 2014), DeDukshyn (22nd February 2014)

31. Link to Post #16
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Yellow and orange sky happens all the time in my city. Part of a local weather phenomenon called a Chinook, where if the sun is low in the west (late in the day) and you have sunset colours, all those colours will reflect very strongly off of a Chinook cloud which is a dense cloud that leaves an a perfectly clear band of sky in the west, consistently, for days in a row even -- the cloud will not move. The reflections of colours get so strong at times that the city can be blanketed in a completely yellow or orange hue. Looks downright alien at times.

Here's some pictures of it:

When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Atlas (23rd February 2014), mab777 (26th February 2014), selinam (26th February 2014)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,291 times in 744 posts

What about stories of snakes being thrown from helicopters as far afield as Kiev and Namibia?

http://forteanzoology.blogspot.co.uk...ge-snakes.html

http://oko-planet.su/phenomen/phenom...bnet-skot.html

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kirolak For This Post:

Atlas (26th February 2014), mab777 (26th February 2014)

35. Link to Post #18
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,228 times in 3,216 posts

Hi kirolak,

Quote Posted by kirolak (here)
    What about stories of snakes being thrown from helicopters as far afield as Kiev and Namibia?

http://forteanzoology.blogspot.co.uk...ge-snakes.html
    From the above link: "The owner of the Snake Park, and author of books regarding reptiles of the Namib, Stuart Hebbert, said that nothing is “impossible” anymore, but there were definitely things that were “improbable”. The story of the helicopter is improbable. Helicopters are very expensive, and it would be much easier to transport snakes by car. And why would someone drop snakes from a helicopter? he asked. Hebbert said that he did not want to shrug off the community`s stories as fables, but admitted he was a sceptic.” I`ve heard many snake stories, and once a story gets off the ground it spreads like wildfire, and with that the snakes become more in number, bigger and more dangerous” , he said. He said that the idea of good rains bringing more rodents into the area, attracting more snakes, was more probable."

From the above link: "Villagers claim that snakes dumped on pasture from a helicopter. However, the local veterinarian Dmitry Panchenko calls it a legend."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Encyclopedia of Urban Legends, Updated and Expanded Edition by Jan Harold Brunvand :

Posted on 05. Jun, 2011 by Serena:

Now onto the famous much cited lancio di vipere da elicotteri (vipers thrown from helicopters), which for many Italians, especially the contadini (peasants), is an unquestionable fact! The thesis behind the story is that vipers are thrown from helicopters by environmentalists who’s aim it is to increase the population of these creatures.

How the story spread

This story is in fact an urban legend which has no basis in reality. It first came to light in France during the 1970′s and from there it gradually spread south into Switzerland and Piedmont arriving in Italia centrosettentrionale (central northern Italy) in the 90’s. In the last few years it has also made its way into Italia centromeridionale (central southern Italy).

This legend has become so firmly rooted in popular culture that anyone disputing it is immediately labeled as un bugiardo (a liar). There are a number of variations to the story regarding the method of dispersing the vipers, the means of transport used to carry them, and the responsible parties:

Packaging:
    • parachuted in cardboard boxes (most widespread);
    • parachuted in plastic bags;
    • parachuted in plastic bags containing water;
    • in egg shaped containers that open on impact with the soil;
    • loose, with the result that the impact stuns them and they are mostly eaten by predators;
    • in cushioned packets bearing the message: “Wear gloves when handling and hole prior to launching”.
    Transport
    • helicopters;
    • light aircraft;
    • vans.
    Perpetrators
    • Forest Guards;
    • The Green Party;
    • World Wildlife Fund;
    • pharmaceutical companies, in order to then withdraw the venom for medical purposes;
    • experienced mushroom pickers, determined to keep out “amateurs” or rodents;
    • hunters, to keep away the tourists.
    This legend is sometimes amalgamated with other Italian wildlife myths. One popular line of reasoning concludes: the vipers are parachuted from helicopters in order to get rid of the rodents that destroy the precious funghi (wild mushrooms). Cinghiali (wild boars) are then introduced to keep down the viper population, but the wild boars breed with local maiali (pigs) producing a monster race of wild pig. Hence lupi (wolves) are introduced to kill the cinghiali, e così via… (and so on…)

The moral of this tale: don’t believe everything you’re told by the locals. Remember: these days we have the internet, which makes doing some serious research a lot easier …

Quote Posted by Cidersomerset (here)

Real-life snakes on a plane?

Published on 11 Jan 2013

Passengers on board a plane to Papua New Guinea spot a python clinging to the wing of a plane for the whole two-hour flight. Sound familiar..?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...?utm_hp_ref=uk

The snake unfortunatly did not survive its journey .......

Related thread: projectavalon.net/Two-thousand-mice-dropped-on-Guam-by-parachute-to-kill-snakes
    Last edited by Atlas; 26th February 2014 at 13:27.

+ Reply to Thread