+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 6 14 LastLast

Thread: A warning from benevolent ETs about our future - over 60 years ago

1. Link to Post #101
    Retired
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,050 times in 3,027 posts

Default Re: A warning from benevolent ETs about our future - over 60 years ago

What a brilliant post tonius,you have certainly created an original thought here and did not 'copy paste'.I agree with many of your points.
    Thank you

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

mojo (1st February 2012)

3. Link to Post #102
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,652 times in 513 posts

Quote Posted by tonius (here)
    Quote Posted by Agape (here)
    I have cried a lot but seeing this , you know, makes you feel shattered .. and i mean, please don't get back to me ( not anyone in particular i mean ) with that pseudo-christian-hindu-whatever blend of faith that those people deserve it ..

no one deserves to be left dying like a dog, in cage, without medical care, love, food, whatever, you know, no intelligent being in whole Universe deserves this.
    Agape , its like you took the words out of my mouth.We seem so busy looking up we are forgetting what is down here.We think going 'up' ,in other dimensions has anything to do with connecting to the source.

Lets suppose for a momment the 'Source of all' of all this is taking notes :

Earth,Mondey 31 Jannuary 2012,

Beings in this reality seems to be in real mess,not only are they in all this mess but some of them,the so called awaken one,instead of looking at what they have in front of their eyes ,in this moment are all busy guessing when the next shift will come,or when the next alien will pop up in the sky.
    Wait a minute ,what shift,i didnt send any shift,must be that f..ing orions and their secret services.Humans, never learn,all again the same story.

My question is,what can we do now ,here,on earth,not what will it be like 'There' ?

I certainly find it uncanny how so many of us are asking this same question. I work with the public and have for over a decade. It is EXTREMELY painful for me to be treated with such disregard (and often disrespect.) Recently, I came to this conclusion ...

I am to GIVE people KINDNESS & RESPECT simply because they are human, and everyone I meet is getting this, regardless of who they are, or how they act to me. I am doing the only thing that matters in my day to day dealings.

4. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Alie For This Post:

1 flew over (16th September 2013), Agape (31st January 2012), Billy (1st February 2012), bridgetlilstar (11th February 2012), CdnSirian (31st January 2012), christian (31st January 2012), D-Day (1st February 2012), Elethia (1st February 2012), jcocks (31st January 2012), jp11 (1st February 2012), Kristo (1st February 2012), Lazlo (31st January 2012), learninglight (31st January 2012), Limor Wolf (31st January 2012), LindyLou22 (4th April 2012), mojo (1st February 2012), Reinhard (1st February 2012), Selene (31st January 2012), Sierra (31st January 2012)

5. Link to Post #103
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,198 times in 838 posts

After some of the heavy material in some of the threads on this board, it is truly wonderful to find a "gem" of a thread such as this (you guys should also check out the astral jorneys thread, it's another such gem that has popped up within the last few days)...

Agape, your words touch me. Yes it is so very painful to be living here at this time. I think it's becoming more painful the more we evolve, as we realise it doesn't need to be this way - it's totally unneccessary and senseless. I have found myself feeling more down than ever before in the last few months. Why does life need to be so hard for so many on this beautiful orb of ours? It doesn't.

But you know what? I can't help but see some of the victim mentality coming out when we think like that. Oh it's so hard, it's so horrible. But where does that get us? What good can we do for others when we feel so down? I would go out on a limb and say not much. What we must do in times like this is allow us to grieve, to feel for those worse off than us...but then take a deep breath, stick it deep in our hearts... And with that in our hearts, go out there and touch the lives of those whose lives are worse than ours, touch the hearts of those who are feeling down. A little kindness can go a very long way. Maybe slip a ten dollar note to the homeless man sleeping on the park bench down the road with a warm smile. It matters not what he then does with that money - It's the intent that counts.

We are so very close to truly wonderous times on this orb where beauty will be indescribable and where there will be equality for all. I can feel it in the deepest part of my soul, I *KNOW* it to be true.
    It doesn't matter if you don't believe me, just wait and see. Remember this when you feel sad for the people on this planet. The more people who believe that wonderous times are just around the corner, who walk around with the intent to see them manifest in our hearts and spread love and light to those around us, the faster it come. Remember - the universe responds to intent!

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jcocks For This Post:

Agape (31st January 2012), CdnSirian (31st January 2012), christian (31st January 2012), jp11 (1st February 2012), Kristo (1st February 2012), lelmaleh (1st February 2012), meeradas (1st February 2012), Reinhard (1st February 2012), Sebastion (31st January 2012), TelosianEmbrace (1st February 2012)

7. Link to Post #104
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,206 times in 4,590 posts

Quote Posted by Alie (here)
    I certainly find it uncanny how so many of us are asking this same question. I work with the public and have for over a decade. It is EXTREMELY painful for me to be treated with such disregard (and often disrespect.) Recently, I came to this conclusion ...

I am to GIVE people KINDNESS & RESPECT simply because they are human, and everyone I meet is getting this, regardless of who they are, or how they act to me. I am doing the only thing that matters in my day to day dealings.

THANK YOU. That's about it . It should be the norm but it isn't ..

somehow, I've witnessed lots of the opposite stand not only in our oldest generation whose basic socializing pattern could be defined as anything from '' treat strangers with cautions '' ..checks their colors .. to ''wait for what they have to offer '' to '' put them through as many tests of endurance as they can /not pass''

where 'strangers' may also include their children, kins, close friends who did not arrive at the right time etc etc

but I've seen very young and gifted people all around do the same to each other .

It's exactly as you say and I'd add, since being human means experiencing lots of pain from early stages of life to its transcendental end ..
    treat yourself and others , with RESPECT, KINDNESS AND COMPASSION .

There is no doubt that all of these qualities are badly needed, along with honesty and preparedness to act , which can be found under the term 'troubleshooting' in our modern vocabulary ,
    rather than complaining endlessly about what we can't do .

8. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

CdnSirian (31st January 2012), christian (31st January 2012), jcocks (1st February 2012), jp11 (1st February 2012), JSGlasgow (11th February 2012), Kristo (1st February 2012), LindyLou22 (4th April 2012), meeradas (1st February 2012), modwiz (31st January 2012), onawah (1st February 2012), Reinhard (1st February 2012), Sebastion (31st January 2012), Selene (31st January 2012), Sierra (31st January 2012)

9. Link to Post #105
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

Quote Posted by Ammit (here)
    Bill, Can I ask how you manage to have clear recall of past lives, is it through meditation or with the help of others??
    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Scientology processing. Not regression or hypnosis. A very sharp, clean and and clear ‘knife’ that (in ethical and well-trained hands) cuts through absolutely anything.
    Could you say more and possibly link us to how we might take advantage of such a catharsis. The reason I am asking, is because I have 6 years of Primal Therapy, which linked me to childhood traumas and helped ground me and give me a sense of boundary, and I have six years of energy work, which has taught me to listen to the sensations from my chakras and to understand where the blockages are and so forth,and how energy works, but NO ONE has been able to help me with a brick wall I have come up against.

When I get close to it, it has the imprint of all of my cells as well as all of my emotions, with a rather extreme intensity. I cannot function when I go towards it. So, I keep my life force at a level which allows me to maintain homeostasis while vacillating between inner and outer attachments. I have also experienced many lifetime recalls and cleared a bunch of karmic stuff and cleared much out of my chakras. All I know for sure is that this blockage is really huge and I'm not able to access it and clear it on my own.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

mojo (1st February 2012), Reinhard (1st February 2012)

11. Link to Post #106
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,575 times in 2,121 posts

Thanks Bill Ryan. For sharing your journey into previous lives, as well as affirming the groundswell towards the creation of a more promising future for all sentient beings. I have been obsessed in recent months - literally woke up one morning last year - and decided it was time to search into my own past lives and began ordering books to explore where I should begin. However, a much more fascinating area opened up for me, the studies that investigate evidence of lives between lives. Like to know also how you personally travelled into your past lives, but I am sure there are answers within this thread. I look forward to reading the comments of others here.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Debra For This Post:

mojo (1st February 2012)

13. Link to Post #107
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,575 times in 2,121 posts

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    That rejection energy is not the same as resistance, which ends up defeating itself, since it only fuels what is being resisted.

Rejection is the opposite of Acceptance.

What I would really like to see is more people waking up to is the fact that, by buying into the likelihood of possible negative future scenarios, they are actually ACCEPTING them.

Albeit in a passive way.

It's actually a step further than apathetically doing NOTHING; it's, in a very real way, a vote FOR the negative scenario.

The passiveness is deceptive--it's actually a kind of passive-aggression, ie aggression MASKED as passivity.

That dynamic needs to be examined much more closely, because it is most often done without awareness of the unfortunate consequences.
    Absolutely Onawah! We need to stay conscious of how how we are thinking during this bombardment of information. Coming from Hollywood - you bet - but also from within the ranks of profile people on the alternative media scene, putting forward some pretty hard core evaluations of the future.

Switching from Duncan O´finioan to David Wilcock - for example - can be a hell of a ride.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Debra For This Post:

onawah (31st January 2012)

15. Link to Post #108
    Australia Avalon Member Positive Vibe Merchant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,640 times in 546 posts

Quote Posted by Lazlo (here)
    Quote Posted by Positive Vibe Merchant (here)
    No disclaimer?
    My thoughts exactly. Has anyone read this before?

Project Avalon and Bill Ryan do not endorse the information presented in this section
    and accepts no responsibility for psychological, spiritual or metaphysical effects
    either negative or positive to individuals who read these threads.
    User discretion is advised.
    We ask that following any post of these messages that a link to the source
    be provided so that readers may follow up on the authenticity of the message and/or messenger

A recollection of an abduction in a past life certainly falls into the same general category of information. The most unverifiable of unverifiable information, subject to overlay by the conduit.

I'm not saying that I have a problem with the message itself, I certainly want to believe that we have avoided catastrophe. It does take courage to post such an experience, and Bill is undoubtedly sincere.

Still, I am left scratching my head on this one.

(Lazlo dives behind solid piece of furniture for protection at this juncture )
    Thank You Lazlo.

It just struck me as a little strange that the mods/admins didn't actually pick this up.

My point of view has no bearing on what I think of the actual post content, but if this community is to maintain its reputation, everything must be equal, and this would require a disclaimer, at least in my view.

PVM
    I am the underdog, I am one of many faces,
    In a room full of people, I wouldn't change any places

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Positive Vibe Merchant For This Post:

Carmen (1st February 2012), Lazlo (1st February 2012)

17. Link to Post #109
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,374 times in 1,941 posts

Bill does it not warm your heart to see all these thanks after your post? The troops are behind you. We all appreciate your input here.

Stan
    If you don't follow your spirit without hesitation, you end up following your hesitation without spirit.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to aranuk For This Post:

Debra (2nd February 2012)

19. Link to Post #110
    Thanks

Again I feel that familiar zing that tells me I should chime in here. I haven't read all the posts, but have picked up on some themes. What gets me going here is the theme of voice, and the suppression of voices that have something important to say. This certainly rang true for me in reading Bill's testimony, and the emotional surge that comes with having one's voice stuffed back inside one's throat is clear and obvious to me.

For anyone who knows what it feels like to be in a position of service, and to be ridiculed and dismissed while dutifully soldiering on, it is impossible not to feel sympathetic and compelled to change the condition of those suffering under such conditions. From what I could see, many people feel this way. I know I do. I know that my contemporaries and peers feel this way too.

It has taken me a long time to decide to join this forum. Although I could relate to the community, I didn't think I had anything to contribute here because I'm not an insider blowing the whistle on some deep dark secret. The point at which I got interested, was when the conversation started moving away from what's going on within the power structures, and more towards what's going on with everyday people who are awake, aware, and active. Call them activists, catalyzers, awakeners, whatever. They are people who never functioned within the system. They are people who have been pushed to the outskirts of society in order to survive. They are everywhere, whether they hide out in plain sight, or choose to live out their exile in remote locations where they won't be harassed. Regardless of their situation, they seem irrevocably driven to make a difference, wherever they can. They doggedly push on, taking abuse, enduring ridicule, poverty, and destitute. They come in all genders, all ethnicities, and all ages. They are in every conceivable sector of human life. Some dormant, some extremely active. Many don't know that they are not alone, and once they find out they have peers, it makes a huge difference for them.

So here is my heart's question to Avalon the forum, to the moderators, and especially to Bill Ryan. I say especially Bill Ryan, because you, Bill, have managed to create a public persona. What I'm trying to get at, is that when you draw attention to something, a lot of people notice. This gives your word a lot of weight.

So here's my question. Isn't it time that we, along with all the whistleblowers, start to focus our attention on the actual, everyday ground crew members, the war horses, the awakeners the catalyzers, who are working diligently in their communities to make a difference? Isn't it time that we draw attention on this issue? That there are countless people who don't have an opportunity to speak the very important message they have to deliver?

I believe that we have to tackle the matter of recognizing and supporting the social catalysts of the world. Yes, we need powerful people to do important things in secret places, but we also need the everyday warrior too, working to keep people from walking into the dire, desolate, dark social wasteland that's all around us.

There is so much despair all around me. All the suffering that I see could easily be eased. Easily. All it takes is reconnecting people with a sense of family and community, and they begin to rehabilitate their own, natural radiance and strength. There are people who are innately skilled and generating empathy, connection, and trust among people. Many of you are probably such people. Many of you are probably educators, awakeners, and catalyzers.

Not all who are worthy are known. I think it's time to link more pieces of the chain. I think it's time to also focus attention on people who are acting in their communities to catalyze change. I think it's time to end the assumption that people who do good should be beaten on. I think it's time that we collectively learn to advocate for the value of those who work before the majority. That we advocate for the value and importance of our catalyzers. That we, respectfully, demand to be valued and respected by society for the good we do.

I interface with a lot of people who think I am strange and incomprehensible. Yet, they are compelled towards me for reasons they can't explain or always trust. From my perspective it's really simple. I give them something they can't find elsewhere. A sense of being cared for and understood. An ability to live outside of the "programmed" jurisdiction of what's necessary for survival. Yet, it is incredibly difficult for people to consciously articulate or appreciate the value of my influence in their lives. This leaves me invisible socially.

Is it such a difficult concept to grasp that we must reward actions that strengthen the integrity of society? You'd be surprised how difficult it can be to get this idea across. My point is that I believe this is a knot we must undo. We must start drawing attention to those individuals who do good work, and work on changing how people view and value "good doers".

We should not let people go through life unheard.

I could ramble on, but I think I've somehow mumbled out what I wanted to share.

Thanks for hearing me...
    If our night wasn't constantly lit up by bright lights, we would be able to see the stars.

20. The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to Armen For This Post:

1 flew over (16th September 2013), :Renyse: (30th January 2016), Alekahn (4th February 2012), Alie (2nd February 2012), christian (1st February 2012), Craig (1st February 2012), Debra (2nd February 2012), Elethia (1st February 2012), Firinn (2nd February 2012), gooty64 (1st February 2012), hohoemi (1st February 2012), joedjemal (1st February 2012), Kristo (1st February 2012), Lazlo (1st February 2012), lelmaleh (1st February 2012), Limor Wolf (12th February 2012), mahalall (1st February 2012), Mark (2nd February 2012), mischief (23rd July 2014), mojo (1st February 2012), onawah (1st February 2012), Reinhard (1st February 2012), Selene (1st February 2012), SomaSmith (1st February 2012), sunnyrap (1st February 2012), TelosianEmbrace (1st February 2012), tonius (1st February 2012), Wind (1st February 2012)

21. Link to Post #111
    United States Avalon Member sunnyrap's Avatar
    Thanks

The thing is, my friend, when you are doing the work you describe, it is its own thanks and reward built right in. IMHO, it's what people of service actually live on. Jesus talked of this at great length, but it takes actually embracing it, doing it, to really understand it.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sunnyrap For This Post:

1 flew over (16th September 2013), christian (1st February 2012), Mark (2nd February 2012), Reinhard (1st February 2012), SomaSmith (1st February 2012)

23. Link to Post #112
    Thanks

Hi Bill, This is an amazingly synchronistic message for, as it's 5.20 am and i've just been listening to Benjamin Fulford and David Willcocks on You Tube, discussing how the planned ' in house job ' of a flase flag alien invasion leading to massive nuclear strikes that'd kill 90 % of the earths' population HAS BEEN STOPPED !! - have a look at ' UNDERGROUND BASES NUKED !!! David Willcock September 2011.mp4 ' - absolutely amazing stuff.
    To summarise, the rest of the world has turned its back on the G5, been refusing to accept dollars, and there is now massive opposition to the NWO at the highest possible levels, which has led to ' the goodies ' nuking the NWOs underground bases, so their plan to go hide and let the rest of us burn IS FINISHED - this is the game changer of all game changers !! WE'VE WON !!!!!
    I really feel the truth here, - i know that i spent most of last year feeling beyond awful and then suddenly started feeling happy again around the autumn equinox, just about the time the tables turned in our favour, so this really resonates with me.
    Really hope this post comes thru OK, for the last few couple of months my PC crashes whenever i try to, i'll never get to be a full avalon member at that rate eh !! - the NWO are still up to their tricks but it's just death throws now, either they come out with their hands up and surrender and go to jail for a very long time for their crimes against humanity, or just perish, it's over one way or another. phew.
    another quick bit of info, did you know that if you type illuminati backwards and add .com ( www.itanimulli.com ) that you go straight to the NSA website !!!! i've just tried it and it worked !!
    One Love Always, Sharma xxx

24. Link to Post #113
    Thanks

Hey Bill and everyone else thanx for sharing your experiences, I think its great that people in PA are telling their experiences too on the topic.

I have a question Bill, Do you happen to remember you name in your past life (the one you were abducted in) Im just a curious cat, I mean have you looked yourself up? LoL

Ok wait Im also curious...Bill do you have any memory of ever rencarnating as a woman?

much Love
    Last edited by Satkirn; 1st February 2012 at 07:34. Reason: forgot sth

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Satkirn For This Post:

christian (1st February 2012)

26. Link to Post #114
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,889 times in 15,481 posts

For those of you looking into how to retrieve memories without the use of hypnosis, I think Bill mentioned somewhere the original Dianetics procedure.

Other than that, the only other one I know of is the one used by Truman Cash which allowed him to uncover the material presented in his books "The Programming of a Planet" and "Eye of Ra."

Found as .zip files here:
    http://lunahelia.com/docs/cash.zip The Programming of a Planet
    http://lunahelia.com/docs/cash2.zip Eye of Ra

Since Truman cash ended up re-appearing very recently on Icke's forum and willing to share how to go about it:

http://forum.davidicke.com/showpost....&postcount=150

Quote Quote:
    Originally Posted by trueseeker
    Welcome back Truman.

I have a rather important question for you personally now i know a considerable amount of people have read both your books and probably your postings here and elsewhere.

I couldn't find many post about your "memory retrieval techniques" and if they work for those who used them (except from you, your loved ones, friends)
    I hardly could find feedback for this IMPORTANT technique. So what is your feedback concerning these techniques of what you have received from people?

If so as you have stated that you could remember who you are before you where trapped in this prison for your mind and soul matrix. Can you tell us more of that state you where could all people who use that technique access their lives BEFORE they got tricked/trapped here?

Thanks

Hello Trueseeker. Thanks for your inquiry. Others have also inquired but I have been busy in other areas and have not focused on the ET material since last winter.

As soon as I can I will post some information on the techniques I used to recover both past lives and ET abductions. I had a computer crash and lost some material so I will put it together as soon as I can.
    ... to be followed.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

christian (1st February 2012), jcocks (4th February 2012)

28. Link to Post #115
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,557 times in 5,028 posts

Quote Posted by Agape (here)
    Quote Posted by Alie (here)

THANK YOU. That's about it . It should be the norm but it isn't ..

somehow, I've witnessed lots of the opposite stand not only in our oldest generation whose basic socializing pattern could be defined as anything from '' treat strangers with cautions '' ..checks their colors .. to ''wait for what they have to offer '' to '' put them through as many tests of endurance as they can /not pass''

where 'strangers' may also include their children, kins, close friends who did not arrive at the right time etc etc

but I've seen very young and gifted people all around do the same to each other .

It's exactly as you say and I'd add, since being human means experiencing lots of pain from early stages of life to its transcendental end ..
    treat yourself and others , with RESPECT, KINDNESS AND COMPASSION .

There is no doubt that all of these qualities are badly needed, along with honesty and preparedness to act , which can be found under the term 'troubleshooting' in our modern vocabulary ,
    rather than complaining endlessly about what we can't do .

Yes the word love can also be used for control over others, But acts of kindness to me is more important. We can resist love but who can resist acts of Kindness. Better done quietly maybe even in secret, Then the "how good am i" Ego is limited. I am convniced that it is Kindness and respect towards all brothers and sisters that assists in raising the vibrational frequency, hence assists in changing the timeline of fear and transforming it into a timeline of caring love for each other.

Peace

Hence my signature below
    When you express from a fearful heart in the now moment, You create a fearful future.
    When you express from a loving heart in the now moment, You create a loving future.

Have no fear, Be aware and live your lives journey from a compassionate caring nurturing heart to manifest a compassionate caring nurturing future. Billyji

Peace

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

bridgetlilstar (1st February 2012), christian (1st February 2012), LindyLou22 (4th April 2012)

30. Link to Post #116
    Belgium Avalon Member bridgetlilstar's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi everyone!

Billyji, what you're saying resonates with me.. real love comes from a "not demanding" heart when we give or do something with an Ego expecting to be praised, our actions don't have the same impact as when we do things out of pure kindness and love. Consciously or not , some people are just giving to get something, they want something "back". But there are also many many people on this planet who are inspiring and are extraordinary "examples" of unconditional love. So I agree with you: if we keep an open mind (no judgments etc), and open heart and focus on positiveness, there's a good chance we might head towards Love

Light&love to all

Bridget

“Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”
    Rumi

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bridgetlilstar For This Post:

Billy (1st February 2012), christian (1st February 2012), Elethia (1st February 2012), onawah (1st February 2012)

32. Link to Post #117
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,003 times in 2,188 posts

Hi Bill
    The message from Marshall Summers seems to go hand in hand with what you have to say.

33. Link to Post #118
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,944 times in 2,204 posts

Quote Posted by Armen (here)
    I interface with a lot of people who think I am strange and incomprehensible. Yet, they are compelled towards me for reasons they can't explain or always trust. From my perspective it's really simple. I give them something they can't find elsewhere. A sense of being cared for and understood. An ability to live outside of the "programmed" jurisdiction of what's necessary for survival. Yet, it is incredibly difficult for people to consciously articulate or appreciate the value of my influence in their lives. This leaves me invisible socially.
    Nice post Armen...I especially liked this paragraph

cheers

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jaybee For This Post:

Armen (2nd February 2012), christian (1st February 2012), Elethia (1st February 2012), Swanette (10th February 2012)

35. Link to Post #119
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,315 times in 10,234 posts

Hi Bill,

Isn't it interesting on how..if one does not spend time processing the given life and just hops into another... that it is like the continuation of a sentence cut midpoint. For me, I left the last world, as a slave, bent over, working in the fields...having my limbs and body fail. Beaten all the time. Left in a back room, on a cold cement like floor (low cot) (also spent time on cold floors)..unable to move, too broken from the work and beatings.

Straight into this life..and thus.... the similarities of the exit...to the entrance are - quite interesting. One aspect is that according to my parents, I never bothered to walk for the first 2.5+ years of my life.
    Last edited by Carmody; 1st February 2012 at 19:55.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Belle (1st February 2012), christian (1st February 2012), Mark (2nd February 2012), misericordia (1st February 2012), Playdo of Ataraxas (11th February 2012), Selene (2nd February 2012), Swanette (10th February 2012), TelosianEmbrace (3rd February 2012)

37. Link to Post #120
    Thanks

Quote The thing is, my friend, when you are doing the work you describe, it is its own thanks and reward built right in. IMHO, it's what people of service actually live on. Jesus talked of this at great length, but it takes actually embracing it, doing it, to really understand it.
    My response is complex and well thought out (I think), so that's why it is so long. I believe it is a valid and important argument, worth reading.

sunnyrap,

what you have posted in response to my post really sums up nicely the mentality I am confronted with on a massive scale that prevents the kind of progress that's truly possible from being made. This is a huge issue with many complex peaces, but this is precisely what I am seeking to address. I want to make it clear that I am not looking to attack you, but rather explain why I see that the view you expressed is catastrophic for true progress. I believe that people have the right to their own opinions, however this issue is an important one, and I believe that a readjustment in view would open up a lot more doors for positive change.

So here I go....

Let me start my premise by the assumption that we live in a society that is built on a psychopathic template. That means that an individual's ability to succeed depends on their ability to disassociate themselves from their feelings toward others, the result of which is a perfect breeding ground for parasites. This kind of society is counter to how we are organically designed, because most of us are actually built to be empathetic, and to feel connected to our surroundings. Most of us recognize that psychopathic behavior doesn't work out very well. From my personal perspective it's just flat out satanic. But mathematically speaking, games that seek to extract one winner over everyone else really don't serve the interests of the majority. We have been duped into disconnecting ourselves from each other, and nature, and then playing out vicious games in which we have to be pitted against each other in order to survive.

So, to speed this up, psychopathy equals weak societies that make themselves totally vulnerable to tyranny. The only way to prevent tyranny, is to have a society with strong moral integrity, and a high degree of love. This is life affirming. Now, people use the term love all the time as a solution, but what do I actually mean? I define love in this context as having the proper software installed in an individual's social operating system to be able to feel connected to other life forms around them, and through this experiential contact, capable of making choices that take the highest good and integrity of all involved into consideration. When your experience is my experience, you won't be able to exploit me; that kind of thing.

It is through the superhighways of our emotional connections that we regulate our social behaviors to keep the stability and well being of our societal body intact. To speed it up, love and morality are the only antidote to tyranny.

Now, love is not just a concept. It's not like I say to someone, "love", and they automatically are more loving. Love is a skill. It is, in a sense, a program that needs to be uploaded. The operating system that tries to install such a program has to develop the capacity to hold the kind of memory it takes to run such a program. Love has to be learned and practiced in order to become more functional. Just like you can turn a person into a psychopath by programming them, you can turn them into a highly functioning loving individual through programming. The programming looks different though. To make a psychopath you have to apply torture. You have to push the personality to the brink of disassociation. You have to delete their capacity to feel. To make a loving individual, you have to stimulate and enhance their ability to empathize and feel by relating to them in a way that shows them that their feelings and experiences have value, that they are safe, and quite enjoyable. You have to give the individual the tools to be able to navigate their feelings, and instill a sense of morality and integrity in the personality. So if you get a psychopath by torturing, you get a loving individual by loving.

So, if you can accept that we live in a psychopathic world, that this can only lead to tyranny, that the only answer to preserve sovereignty is love and morality, and that love is a skill that needs to be programmed, then I am ready for the next phase of my argument. To make it accurately, I will jump on a tangent for a second.

A firefighter is someone who performs a necessary service to society. Their job is to ensure our communities don't get burned down. There is no financial profit to be gained from their actions or presence. The benefit a community derives from having fire fighters who serve, is knowing that someone is looking out for the well being of the community in this particular way, and averting dangerous situations that can lead to unnecessary tragedy and destruction.

However, these people need some kind of infrastructure to perform their work. They need tools and equipment. They need a way to sustain their families so they can focus on what they're doing. This has a material cost. By subsidizing their work, we are investing in the well being of our community. If we left them without any means of doing their work. If we forced them to come up with their own funds by doing other work, then expected them to buy their own equipment, and then also somehow support their families, how much harder would their work be?

Now, I am aware of volunteer fire crews, and that's ok if there aren't many fires. But what happens when we have a situation where there are massive, out of control fires all over the globe? Volunteers won't be enough anymore. We would need teams with high capacity and quick responsiveness to address a preventable catastrophe.

Let's pretend then, for a moment, that we refuse to acknowledge those who show genuine concern and passion for that kind of work as doing something valuable to society. Or, we acknowledge that they have value, but that their need to be supported and enabled to do their work is selfish, and that simply doing the work without any tools or equipment, and without any way of taking care of themselves, should be reward enough.

How many people does anyone think will do the job, and how effective are they going to be? Furthermore, how much are they going to naturally learn to resent their communities for abandoning them for trying to serve?

My assessment is that progress would be an atomic fraction of what it could be if they were acknowledged and enabled.

To plug this tangent back into the larger structure of my argument, showing people how to be loving and good is full time work. The reason people are so sick and depressed, besides the chemicals, is because they lack the basic social interactions that can awaken their inherent programming to do good. This programming can only be activated through emersion, as we are designed to be connected. It is in the act of being connected that our capacity for connection develops.

If you accept my premise, then we can assume that those who are doing good in their communities are, in essence, putting out a huge, out of control, fire that will otherwise destroy human sovereignty. By denying people like that the means to provide for themselves, or even the means to say that they are serving society, we are crippling them and our own awakening. It is time that we evolve past this foolish notion that to serve means to suffer, or not to be worthy of abundance.

To put it another way, I would be alright with your sentiment if I could go to the grocery store and take what I wanted, knowing that for the grocer, serving me food is reward enough. And I could take any class I wanted knowing that for schools knowing that I'm learning is reward enough. And I could get someone to build my website knowing that helping me is reward enough. I could go to the doctor for free knowing that taking care of me is reward enough. I could go to a lawyer and get legal advice knowing that helping me is reward enough. If it was that way, I wouldn't be making my argument.

In order to get the things I need to sustain myself, I need to give something, yet I am exempt from participating in this game because I am doing good, and doing good is somehow different from everything else we do. It doesn't make sense, unless I view it from a different lens.

Shouldn't it be that weapons dealers are the ones who would have to form non profits, and write grants, and show metrics for how they are affective, or making an impact? Shouldn't it be difficult for them to operate? But it's not. It's people who try to help who are crippled with bureaucracy and poverty. It's such people who are expected to work for nothing. If I telescope this picture out and expand it, it looks to me like we have effectively been programmed to encourage corrosive, destructive behavior by agreeing to value people who produce services that are harmful, while refusing to encourage and support people who actually are meaning to uphold the mechanisms in society that will ensure the health and well being of it.

We don't value good, and we don't allow good doers to express that they need value, save the reward of doing what they do. What a brilliant way to choke the water supply from the plant of love. And that's what we get. We reap the yield of the plants we sow and water.

I am speaking here, not as an idealist, but a mechanic. There is a fundamental flaw in the thinking that doing good does not deserve material abundance. It only serves to cripple and stifle progress, if progress is defined as doing good. There is a lot more good that could be done, if we allowed good doers to advocate for their value in society, and enabled them to be abundant. Do we need more cars? Do we need more Coke cans? Do we need more banks? Why are those things not free? Then why should good doers be forced to live on nothing?

I believe that the overall sentiment here is that humanity has to wake up and learn to be responsible. I believe that most people here want to see good done. That means that what I am arguing for is in direct support of this forum and its members, in so far that I am saying that what you do has tangible value. It is incredible to me, how far our thinking has gone in the direction of making it easy for our oppressors to maintain power.

To put it in a more emotionally charged way, it is incredible to me that the slaves would argue against their own worth.

We can only make progress in so far as we are ready to put real material support behind love. That's the bottom line for me.

I thank you for reading my argument, and hearing me out...
    If our night wasn't constantly lit up by bright lights, we would be able to see the stars.

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Armen For This Post:

:Renyse: (30th January 2016), christian (1st February 2012), Craig (2nd February 2012), Firinn (2nd February 2012), Karila (29th May 2017), Limor Wolf (12th February 2012), nearing (8th February 2012), Selene (2nd February 2012), Swanette (10th February 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 6 14 LastLast