+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Vilcabamba,the life force be with you

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,523 times in 32,788 posts

Default Re: Vilcabamba,the life force be with you

-------

Thanks for the new thread, David: it's been a great pleasure to meet you, and we look forward to the next time!

Vilcabamba isn't perfect, but there are some remarkable people here -- by any standards. As Tony says. there are challenges connected with westernization and growth, but there are many good people here picking up those problems with both hands and working them hard and intelligently. If things come apart elsewhere, this is definitely one of the better places to work with the very able community to find sustainable local solutions.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Camilo (27th February 2012), christian (6th February 2012), Chrononaut (27th February 2012), Davidallany (6th February 2012), DoubleHelix (1st March 2012), Lisab (6th February 2012), Maia Gabrial (6th February 2012), RMorgan (6th February 2012), Seikou-Kishi (6th February 2012), seko (6th February 2012), transitionalman (1st March 2012), unearth9 (6th February 2012), WhiteFeather (7th February 2012), Yoda (6th February 2012)

3. Link to Post #22
    Germany Avalon Member christian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,119 times in 2,959 posts

Quote Posted by Davidallany (here)
    Chris buddy, I can see you living in Vilca, I just met two German brothers yesterday they were making their final decisions to be with our community here, one of them was a dentist, vety handy
    Interesting.
    I'd definitely like to pay you and all the others there a visit.
    When money comes in handy, I'll be around

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christian For This Post:

Davidallany (6th February 2012), WhiteFeather (7th February 2012)

5. Link to Post #23
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,439 times in 1,555 posts

Hello everyone,

I want to thank David for starting this thread and his kind and generous words.

Vilcabamba is a special place, and yes there are other special places too - but as David says "Remember that reality is very fluid and is easily influenced by our wishes, thoughts and visualizations." It just so happens that reality in this area is much more fluid and easily accessed than in more developed places - there is a most definite magical quality in the air and water... the more fluid ones thoughts become the easier it is to 'see' into this field of view.

Perhaps that is what makes this place special - our thoughts and intentions are more easily manifest in the morphic field. There is a growing coming together here with the purpose of participating in and helping build the new paradigm. This along with the need for survival, our own preparedness in surviving the coming days of change is having the effect of focusing our group intent, beautiful and challenging.

What is extraordinary about Vilcabamba is the gathering of individuals who have come to continue their life missions in this sacred valley. These are folks that have up rooted their lives, left their families, left their livelihoods, left their land, felt a call to be in this place at this time and had the courage to answer it. Now that is something special. They are teachers, healers, writers, artists, farmers, entrepreneurs, speakers, motivators, leaders, guides, all of them with the vision of community and a determination to participate in that manifestation. Lots of work and great potential.

It is true that there many challenges, and also true that this is not an idyllic paradise without the same influences that have caused many to leave their homes of origin or to settle here after traveling the globe. It is not my purpose here to draw out all the challenges and I invite anyone who is interested in what is going on in Vilcabamba to visit our fledgling website vilcaportal.net where you can check our progress and connect with others in the community.

With the warmest regards,
    La Tigra (Christine)

6. Link to Post #24
    Ecuador Avalon Member Davidallany's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,056 times in 1,577 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    -------

Thanks for the new thread, David: it's been a great pleasure to meet you, and we look forward to the next time!

Vilcabamba isn't perfect, but there are some remarkable people here -- by any standards. As Tony says. there are challenges connected with westernization and growth, but there are many good people here picking up those problems with both hands and working them hard and intelligently. If things come apart elsewhere, this is definitely one of the better places to work with the very able community to find sustainable local solutions.
    Thank you Bill, I look forward to the next meeting.

7. Link to Post #25
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by La Tigra (here)
    Hello everyone,

I want to thank David for starting this thread and his kind and generous words.

Vilcabamba is a special place, and yes there are other special places too - but as David says "Remember that reality is very fluid and is easily influenced by our wishes, thoughts and visualizations." It just so happens that reality in this area is much more fluid and easily accessed than in more developed places - there is a most definite magical quality in the air and water... the more fluid ones thoughts become the easier it is to 'see' into this field of view.

Perhaps that is what makes this place special - our thoughts and intentions are more easily manifest in the morphic field. There is a growing coming together here with the purpose of participating in and helping build the new paradigm. This along with the need for survival, our own preparedness in surviving the coming days of change is having the effect of focusing our group intent, beautiful and challenging.

What is extraordinary about Vilcabamba is the gathering of individuals who have come to continue their life missions in this sacred valley. These are folks that have up rooted their lives, left their families, left their livelihoods, left their land, felt a call to be in this place at this time and had the courage to answer it. Now that is something special. They are teachers, healers, writers, artists, farmers, entrepreneurs, speakers, motivators, leaders, guides, all of them with the vision of community and a determination to participate in that manifestation. Lots of work and great potential.

It is true that there many challenges, and also true that this is not an idyllic paradise without the same influences that have caused many to leave their homes of origin or to settle here after traveling the globe. It is not my purpose here to draw out all the challenges and I invite anyone who is interested in what is going on in Vilcabamba to visit our fledgling website vilcaportal.net where you can check our progress and connect with others in the community.

With the warmest regards,
    La Tigra (Christine)
    Thank you Christine, you have always been awesome. Like Bill said "Vilcabamba is not perfect", we need to work together in order to bring about the reality we want to manifest on a grand scale. Certainly, there is a lot of work that needs to be done here.

I can't thank you guys enough for paving the path.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Davidallany For This Post:

Billy (7th February 2012), Christine (7th February 2012)

9. Link to Post #26
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I thought to post this short video about Vilcabamba for the benefit of all those who are interested in more information about this area. Enjoy.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Davidallany For This Post:

Alekahn (29th February 2012), Camilo (28th February 2012), CdnSirian (1st March 2012), DoubleHelix (1st March 2012), meeradas (1st March 2012), Mike (23rd February 2012), sandy (23rd February 2012), WhiteFeather (23rd February 2012)

11. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,971 times in 5,651 posts

David thanks for sharing that bliss with us. What a Peaceful place. The longevity of the natives there is astounding but then again in a slice of paradise such as Vilcambamba anything is possible. I'm sure the farmers aren't utilizing Monsanto seeds for crops there either. LOL
    Someday real soon i would love to come and visit. Stay in touch.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

meeradas (1st March 2012), sandy (23rd February 2012)

13. Link to Post #28
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by WhiteFeather (here)
    David thanks for sharing that bliss with us. What a Peaceful place. The longevity of the natives there is astounding but then again in a slice of paradise such as Vilcambamba anything is possible. I'm sure the farmers aren't utilizing Monsanto seeds for crops there either. LOL
    Someday real soon i would love to come and visit. Stay in touch.
    You are correct WhiteFeather, no monsanto here. I would be delighted to meet you.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Davidallany For This Post:

meeradas (1st March 2012)

15. Link to Post #29
    Language
    English
    Thanks

We had another great event today at Vilcabamba, everyone was filled with enthusiasm and joy. Bill and Christine are doing something amazing over here for the community. The energy they bring to the meetings is very empowering and soothing. Its truly a blessing to be with them in the same conference room.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Davidallany For This Post:

Alekahn (29th February 2012), Christine (2nd March 2012), Chrononaut (27th February 2012), DoubleHelix (1st March 2012), meeradas (1st March 2012)

17. Link to Post #30
    Colombia Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,006 times in 210 posts

Hola David,

I was wondering how you arranged to be working on a farm in Vilcabamba. I am watching videos from VilcabambaTV on YouTube with some interest. You sound happy there. Would like to connect with you, if and when I journey to the land of the condor.

I also would very much like to hear more of your story should you ever have the time to post. Thanks.
    Pura Vida,

Alekahn
    Last edited by Alekahn; 7th March 2012 at 21:46.

18. Link to Post #31
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Hola Alekahn,
    My goal when I decided to move to Vilcabamba was to help the community here with whatever they need, that strong desire to serve has been sustaining my daily life, but as you know life has no guarantees. The best thing that I can recommend is to fall and let the angels catch you. I have been. I am not working on a farm anymore, but somewhere else. Usually, things come my way, or I am offered help, this is possible because I am open and allow the universe to work through me.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Davidallany For This Post:

Alekahn (1st March 2012), Deega (1st March 2012), DoubleHelix (1st March 2012), meeradas (1st March 2012)

20. Link to Post #32
    Colombia Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,006 times in 210 posts

Good day David,

Thanks for the response and recommendations. I have been living that...fall and let the angels catch you...for many years now.
    The mysterious unfoldment of our human journey (karmic soul path) many times comes down to trust, no?
    And wise discrimination/discernment. (and good timing?)

Pura Vida
    Alekahn
    Last edited by Alekahn; 7th March 2012 at 21:46.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2