Page 1 of 7 1 7 LastLast

Thread: BP Says That Oil Flow Has Stopped as Cap Is Tested

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,745 times in 32,946 posts

Default Read this : The Macondo Well may be capped this week

----------------

Hi, Folks - this is a good news thread.

There's a huge amount of nonsense circulating about the GOM situation... some of it I contributed to myself earlier, before the game changed (see below). I now know quite a lot more.

Summary:
    • The new 'cap' has been successfully secured to the open pipe.
    • The new cap includes three hydraulic rams of the kind featured in the original Blowout Preventer (BOP) - which failed.
    • The engineers are cautiously confident that this device (see photo below) will do the job that the original BOP failed to do:
    • The best case scenario - and this is really possible - is that the 'tap' could be shut off within 48 hours.

Caveats and notes:
    • They will go super-slowly and carefully, measuring the increasing pressure in the well as the outflow is gradually restricted.
    • If the pressure suddenly FALLS, this means that there is a rupture somewhere in the steel well casing deep under the seabed. Then they will have to stop immediately and allow the oil to flow until John Wright's Bottom Kill operation (the Relief Wells) works. That would be in 2-4 weeks' time.
    • At the moment the first Relief Well is literally feet away, but they have to get to the right spot within 3.5 inches. This needs time and great care, like performing keyhole surgery.
    • The enormous toxicity problem remains. This is a genuine, serious, major health and pollution issue.
    • Lindsey Williams' data on Jeff Rense, 1 July - from a new BP senior source who contacted him - was wrong. He seems to have been lied to. The pressure in the well is NOT 40,000 psi: it's 11,900 psi. This is a known parameter (and is within manageable limits).
    • It's hard to understand why BP has NOT made a public statement about this. It's as if they WANTED the alternative media to go nuts... with incorrect information.
    • The other falsehood Lindsey was told is that the 'granite encasing the reservoir' was cracked. I have asked several geologists about this, and they nearly fell off their chairs. There is NO granite anywhere near there, and no oil reservoir (biotic or abiotic) is EVER encased in granite. Either Lindsey mis-remembers what he was told - or he was being deliberately misled.
    • There is a huge methane problem, but it is not combustible. There is no 'asphalt volcano', the sea floor will not collapse, and there will be no tsunami.
    • There IS a serious toxicity problem.

References:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/38225168#38214823

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/38225168#38225168

http://theoildrum.com/node/6722

http://bp.com/liveassets/bp_internet...10_0730CDT.pdf

http://markimoore.com/bp-releases-hi...k-bop-stack-up

Summary:
    1. This is honest-to-god good news.
    2. There's a real chance of capping this monster this week. (Meditate, Pray, Wiggle your nose... whatever works for you. )
    3. I believe - as I stated a month ago - that the game changed. A subtle but important tipping point occurred. Since then, I've been confident that the problem will be solved. The thousands of able and well-intentioned engineers - including some of the world's best - have been allowed to do their job. This is what has been happening.
    4. I don't know whether the well was sabotaged, whether the accident was allowed (or encouraged) to occur, or whether it was just multiple incompetence fueled by greed and self-interest at management level. But I think this is going to be okay now... we have been given a reprieve. Time now to learn from this and ensure that it NEVER happens again.

A VERY rough summary of the engineering:

The device in the third photo - called a three-ram capping stack - is bolted on top of the open pipe (also shown below - the onshore image with the two men shows the size of the thing). The top image is a screenshot from the live feed, showing what we've been looking at for the last several weeks, and where the oil is escaping from.

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 14th July 2010 at 00:13.

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: It's just possible that the well may be capped within days.

Thanks, Bill, for the very informative update. I pray for the cap to work.

3. Link to Post #3
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Default Re: It's just possible that the well may be capped within days.

unfortuntalely been so focused on the utter fiasco that we have failed to even look at the othe hand, and what it's doing, they used misdirection and as usual it worked like a charm.

4. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,091 times in 601 posts

Default Re: Read this: it's possible that the Macondo Well may be capped within days.

Bill, thanks for the information and for giving this issue your full due diligence. My intent is for the highest and best good for all.
    ~ If nothing changes then nothing changes ~

5. Link to Post #5
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 times in 479 posts

Default Re: Read this : It's possible that the Macondo Well may be capped this week

That is an awesome news! I hope we will learn from it all.

Namaste, Steven

6. Link to Post #6
    Unsubscribed
    Infinity X2 MilkyWay Earth Canada Ont LOVE
    Thanks

Default Re: Read this: it's possible that the Macondo Well may be capped within days.

Hi Bill, thanks for your update on what you have come to understand about the blown out oil well. i was hoping that you would publish some of your updated thoughts after reading the wild stories that have been flying around for days I just don't know what to believe about the situation. Thank you for clearing up some of the issues and putting it together in a nice overview. I look forward to future updates. At this point I am really just watching the disaster from my remote location. I have a few ideas about this oil spill and some of the effects that it may cause...according to the natives in my area and the ancient site we seem to have found. Thats another story for another day.

My thoughts are on a positive solution. I would like to think that this event will be the catalyst needed to move the alternative energy revolution into high gear! GET RID OF OIL!!! So this can never happen again!!! We should be dismantling every single piece of junk oil rig out there!

If the world had of used Tesla's work 120 years ago we would be 100% free of oil...as I am sure you already know. Its never too late to start

Peace JT!

7. Link to Post #7
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Default Re: Read this : It's possible that the Macondo Well may be capped this week

The other thing that people need to learn from this other than don't hire egotistical project managers to oversee critical engineering logistics has to do with the way the information on this spiraled out of control. People where being scared half to death by the rantings of some of the alternative media gurus out there who where just talking out of their asses. I heard everything from "tsunami is coming" to "this will spark a nuclear war off" to "the methane will explode and kill a bunch off red necks".

Even people that usually keep their heads screwed on strait like George Ure, and Richard Hoagland where freaking out and warning of a huge imminent cataclysm. The lesson is to stop looking outside of ourselves so that we can bypass our own intuition and rely on others for information on what to do next. I was in the "kill zone" the entire time and never once bought any of this stuff from any of these people about mass destruction suddenly killing everyone around the Gulf. Why? Because I rely on my instincts to warn me of danger. Not screaming frantic internet gurus!

EDIT: Side note, check out the first emotional release language date here on he web bot linguistics line graph. (Hint, it is today)

Last edited by tone3jaguar; 13th July 2010 at 17:46.

8. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,745 times in 32,946 posts

----------------

The alternative media have a tough job: because no-one's giving press conferences on what's really being planned.

I think what happens is that the energy and intention and drive comes from people JUST KNOWING THAT SOMETHING IS BADLY WRONG.

But they don't know exactly what that is. In their zeal, they sometimes pick on the wrong thing... they start running with the wrong ball.

Meanwhile, the PTB understand this mechanism perfectly.... and keep on giving the alternative media the wrong ball to run with.

9. Link to Post #9
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

It's been very interesting though and I guess good for people to do some real soul searching in the face of the unknown.

10. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 times in 324 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    ----------------

The alternative media have a tough job: because no-one's giving press conferences on what's really being planned.

I think what happens is that the energy and intention and drive comes from people JUST KNOWING THAT SOMETHING IS BADLY WRONG.

But they don't know exactly what that is. In their zeal, they sometimes pick on the wrong thing... they start running with the wrong ball.

Meanwhile, the PTB understand this mechanism perfectly.... and keep on giving the alternative media the wrong ball to run with.
    Well stated Bill. Unfortunatley a few within PA also jumped on the bandwagon and inflamed this situation. "We the People" have all the power and must learn to NEVER give it away. I did not know how, or when but knew for sure that we were going to get through this as our intentions are to be victorious. Because we did not react the way they expected us to, we gave them no other choice. The PTB also know this and will eventually learn to do what they took and oath to do which is to SERVE, "We the People". BTW "Deep Water Horizon" I'm sure there is no coincidence in this name. Just not sure what exactly. Maybe one of our members can break this down for us.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!

AMOR Familia!
    Last edited by PHARAOH; 14th July 2010 at 13:17.

11. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,206 times in 3,110 posts

Well thats great news...lets pray that this is effective...perhaps our consciousness hasn't allowed this to happen and we've had a little help from our friends (who knows)...yes its a bugger how much dis-info seeps through and what we pick up...still not sure how much was rubbish and how much was reality...but some good will surface from this..I am sure...strange how the weather patterns have changed with regard to the hurricane season hey!! Seems to be very cool down that part of the world, as I mentioned in the weather change thread... I don't think it has panned out as the PTW hoped!!

Lets hope its capped....

viking
    You decide...your thoughts..your actions..your reality.
    Choose well.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...are-the-change

12. Link to Post #12
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member Victoria Tintagel's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you so much, Bill! I really wriggle my nose a lot, these days, have been living with this every day, since the oil broke free. Many times, when I told people who didn't realise the impact of the oil spill, the person said "Oh well...........(<; I am sure there will be some very smart people who are going to solve this problem" This is a weird sense of humor, of course, but these people were right, at least it seems like that for now. And me standing next to them, jumping up and down of anger and excitement, figuretively speaking...... this is hopefully a very BIG wake up call to all involved in alternative/free energy.

13. Link to Post #13
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,993 times in 630 posts

Wow, Bill, I feel like we've gone into an alternate time line.

14. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Thanks, Bill~ but what do you think about all the reports that oil is leaking from many other cracks in the seabed?
    Do you think this is incorrect information, or disinfo, and either way, do you think the relief well will solve that problem, if indeed there are other leaks on the seafloor?

Also:
    * the spraying of the dispersants
    * the cover up of the illnesses associated with the real toxicity of what they are using
    * reports of US troops to Costa Rica in preparation for disaster/ mass evacuations.

How do you see all this connecting if the well is plugged?
    Is all this disinfo?
    Or might some of the de-population scenarios still unfold...

Hoping for the best, yet still mighty suspicious

Thanks again for your attention on all this!

15. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,091 times in 601 posts

Quote Posted by LeeEllisMusic (here)
    Thanks, Bill~ but what do you think about all the reports that oil is leaking from many other cracks in the seabed?
    Do you think this is incorrect information, or disinfo, and either way, do you think the relief well will solve that problem, if indeed there are other leaks on the seafloor?

Also:
    * the spraying of the dispersants
    * the cover up of the illnesses associated with the real toxicity of what they are using
    * reports of US troops to Costa Rica in preparation for disaster/ mass evacuations.

How do you see all this connecting if the well is plugged?
    Is all this disinfo?
    Or might some of the de-population scenarios still unfold...

Hoping for the best, yet still mighty suspicious

Thanks again for your attention on all this!
    Lee, I have the same questions as you do - there is still an incredible amount of toxicity in the water and the air that has to be dealt with - or else we have been duped big time - which would fit an agenda to get all kinds of new legislation passed that would not have otherwise passed without a major event like this. After all, that is how things work in our overblown government these days - like David Icke states, here is a problem we have to deal with and here is the answer for the problem; problem solved, everyone is happy now.
    ~ If nothing changes then nothing changes ~

16. Link to Post #16
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,836 times in 3,731 posts

Thanks for this thread.

I am "wiggling" daily

John..
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

17. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,344 times in 272 posts

Default Re: Read this : The Macondo Well may be capped this week

Thank you so much, Bill, for your updates. I feel so happy and relieved. This forum has become my main source for information. I trust info coming from this forum more than anywhere else.

18. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,831 times in 304 posts

Default Re: Read this : The Macondo Well may be capped this week

Thank you Bill for the good news. I have been very concerned about this. Thank goodness it will soon be
    resolved. Alleluia!
    caren

19. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Quote Posted by MargueriteBee (here)
    Wow, Bill, I feel like we've gone into an alternate time line.
    Thank you for saying this. This has been my feeling for the past 24 hours -- just after the eclipse, in fact. I FELT we had shifted to a new timeline, one that averted the worst of what came before.

Now for a bit of fun. What if Lindsay Williams told the absolute truth when he said what he did when he did? What if circumstances were PRECISELY as dire as we believed them to be for a time? What if active prayer, daily energy work, and deeply felt love for our beautiful planet vibrated in the hearts of hundreds of millions -- possibly billions -- and we linked together to create a vastly accelerated pace in and thru the event horizon that caused us to wake up in a place and time that is profoundly better than that pictured before the eclipse?

This may all just be foolish blather, but hey -- who knows anything with absolute certainty at this time? Actually, I'd be pretty nervous if I met someone who claimed 100% absolute knowledge about anything at this time.

In this moment I am indeed thankful we have arrived at a point within the experiential kaleidoscope where a much brighter future than that anticipated as little as one week ago is now clearly in sight.

Blessings!

20. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member Snowbird's Avatar
    The CORPORATION of the United States of America
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,082 posts

Quote Posted by tone3jaguar (here)
    The other thing that people need to learn from this other than don't hire egotistical project managers to oversee critical engineering logistics has to do with the way the information on this spiraled out of control. People where being scared half to death by the rantings of some of the alternative media gurus out there who where just talking out of their asses. I heard everything from "tsunami is coming" to "this will spark a nuclear war off" to "the methane will explode and kill a bunch off red necks".

Even people that usually keep their heads screwed on strait like George Ure, and Richard Hoagland where freaking out and warning of a huge imminent cataclysm. The lesson is to stop looking outside of ourselves so that we can bypass our own intuition and rely on others for information on what to do next. I was in the "kill zone" the entire time and never once bought any of this stuff from any of these people about mass destruction suddenly killing everyone around the Gulf. Why? Because I rely on my instincts to warn me of danger. Not screaming frantic internet gurus!
    tone3, you have mentioned on another thread that you live in the gulf region.

Granted, the news of the capping today is certainly a step in the right direction. This is very good news for those who live out of harm's way. But it has taken them 12 weeks to get this piece of equipment into place. I have a really difficult time offering praise because of this.

Below, are just two articles that describe this situation as it most likely really is. These people are not just talking out of their asses. Methane is odorless and is deadly.

Not just oil: Methane gas may cause 'dead zones' in Gulf

Levels of methane in deep-ocean waters near the Deepwater Horizon oil spill are 10,000 to 100,000 times higher than normal, and in some very hot spots "we saw them approaching 1 million times above" what would be normal, says ocean chemist John Kessler of Texas A&M University in College Station.

Kessler and a group of oceanographers from Texas and the University of California-Santa Barbara spent 10 days doing deep-water sampling from 35 different sites within 7 miles of the leak, close to the ocean floor.

The gases are coming up from the same geological layer as the oil, Kessler says.

The world is focused on the amount of oil being released, but the large quantifies of methane also are creating "a highly unusual situation" that's not going to go away anytime soon, says Peter Brewer, an ocean chemist at the Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute in Monterey, Calif. Bacteria consuming the methane will "run rampant," using up all the oxygen and possibly creating localized dead zones.

At some locations, up to 30% of the oxygen had been depleted from normal levels, Kessler found.

The team next plans to plot the data to find out how large these deep-sea plumes of dissolved gas are.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science...hnb23_ST_N.htm

This is a list of the professionals listed with opinions and study from the article below:

Gregory Ryskin, Northwestern University-bio-chemical engineer
    Matt Simmons-oil industry expert
    Dr. John Kessler-Texas A&M University

Doomsday: How BP Gulf disaster may have triggered a 'world-killing' event

The warning signs of an impending planetary catastrophe—of such great magnitude that the human mind has difficulty grasping it-would be the appearance of large fissures or rifts splitting open the ocean floor, a rise in the elevation of the seabed, and the massive venting of methane and other gases into the surrounding water.

Such occurrences can lead to the rupture of the methane bubble containment—it can then permit the methane to breach the subterranean depths and undergo an explosive decompression as it catapults into the Gulf waters. [6]

All three warning signs are documented to be occurring in the Gulf.

The subterranean methane is pressurized at 100,000 pounds psi. According to Matt Simmons, an oil industry expert, the methane pressure at the wellhead has now skyrocketed to a terrifying 40,000 pounds psi.

Another well-respected expert, Dr. John Kessler of Texas A&M University has calculated that the ruptured well is spewing 60 percent oil and 40 percent methane. The normal methane amount that escapes from a compromised well is about 5 percent.

More evidence? A huge gash on the ocean floor—like a ragged wound hundreds of feet long—has been reported by the NOAA research ship, Thomas Jefferson. Before the curtain of the government enforced news blackout again descended abruptly, scientists aboard the ship voiced their concerns that the widening rift may go down miles into the earth.

That gash too is hemorrhaging oil and methane. It’s 10 miles away from the BP epicenter. Other, new fissures, have been spotted as far as 30 miles distant.

http://www.helium.com/items/1882339-...-killing-event
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
    Plato

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 7 LastLast