+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Should Sugar Be Regulated like Alcohol and Tobacco?

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member Laurel's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Should Sugar Be Regulated like Alcohol and Tobacco?

I'm convinced from personal experience that sugar and carbs are addictive. I'm on day 6 of a 14 day cleanse and am fighting the urge to raid my daughter's stash of cookies.

Just wondering when they'll come out with negative information about stevia. It tastes great and seems too good to be true.

2. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 times in 436 posts

I tell anyone (who asks) not to eat fructose corn syrup - made from GMO corn (now). ...as it causes diabetes. It is in most pre-packaged foods these days.
    Once they get that part, then I introduce them to not eating foods containing MSG, Aspartame and other toxic substances hidden in food products.
    Asking someone overweight to cut down on processed Cane sugar is also a good idea.
    Regulations only seem to help BigBusiness and the people (TPTB) behind them, by the time they get written.....and obviously, they don't need my permission (to cut sugar) in
    products aimed at children. eileen

3. The Following User Says Thank You to eileenrose For This Post:

TargeT (7th February 2012)

4. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

My personal experience and that of those I've lectured to death is that the desire for sugar diminishes greatly upon eating the proper foods. Adequate nutrition is what the body seeks and needs. When not getting it a signal is misconstrued and we chose simple sugars which placate the signal. Sadly, it must obtain more sugar to maintain the false sense of being satiated.

Laurel, don't worry about stevia. It's been a staple of healthful people for hundreds, perhaps thousands of years. Anything negative you might read comes directly in the form of misinformation, commonly called lies.

HFCS WILL shut down your pancreas over time. Also, many have turned to agave nectar. Sadly, its processing and heating make it more akin to HFCS than a safe alternative to sugar.
    Last edited by conk; 9th February 2012 at 21:17.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2