+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 3 5 LastLast

Thread: Income Tax is Voluntary! (But they'll jail you anyway)

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,656 times in 21,533 posts

Default Re: Income Tax is Voluntary! (But they'll jail you anyway)

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    In essence, the PetroDollar consists of OPEC nations converting most of the US Dollars paid to them for oil into US Treasuries, which Treasuries they will mostly never see again. Thus those trillions of Dollars find their way back to the New York financial center, where they can be put to one final use, funding the Exchange Stabilization Fund, which has a "license to kill" (as James Bond would say) in the world's stock, bond and forex markets.
    Correction - the dollars spent by the Exchange Stabilization Fund don't vanish. Rather these dollars are essentially "laundered", appearing back out the other side in the form of immense bubbles in various stock, bond, forex, derivative, real estate and other such markets. Our bankster overlords have a long established expertise in blowing and popping bubbles, as one of their favorite means of control and wealth extraction.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 4th May 2017 at 23:04.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th May 2017), Foxie Loxie (4th May 2017), Nasu (11th September 2017), Satori (5th May 2017)

3. Link to Post #42
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,112 times in 2,424 posts

Quote Posted by Satori (here)
    A federal tax on income provided a means to take some of the "money" out of circulation and thereby, to some extent, mitigate monetary inflation. But only for a while and only to a small degree.
    Since you have quite agreed with my view, just in more complete and articulate terms, I can only say "Bravo - Well said!"

Well, almost "only". I would add one small gloss.

The Federal Income Tax is a primary way of draining Dollars out of the system within the national confines of the US. The banksters push out the influence of the US Federal Income tax as best they can to include any person or corporation or government that has, or ever had, a presence within the US, by such means as the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), as described by the IRS and the US Treasury Dept. However the US Federal Income Tax is still primarily a domestic US instrument.

Once the last semblance of any link between gold and Dollars was severed by US President Nixon in 1971 (and hence Dollars could no longer be drained from the system by exchanging them for US gold), another broader and larger scale mechanism was required to drain US Dollars from international Forex (FX) markets. The primary mechanism for draining world Dollars was put in place by Henry Kissinger, working with the Saudi's and (ostensibly) for President Nixon, to create the PetroDollar and to further empower OPEC in the early 1970's. The long lines at US gas pumps in the 1970's in the various US "energy crises" were one indication of this major world monetary transition, which essentially created a world-wide Dollar tax on petroleum.

As I have discussed in some prior posts, I sometimes view the world monetary system as a sort of hydraulic system, requiring fluid flows and pressures, sources, sinks, and values, to control. US Dollars are lent into existence, in both domestic and foreign markets, to individuals, corporations and governments, and by various means, those Dollars flow about the system, providing many opportunities for the minions of the elite to extract "rents" (as Michael Hudson would call them) and to exert control, along the way. Then US Dollars are sucked back out of the system, thus maintaining the requisite fluid flows and pressures, by such means as the PetroDollar.

In essence, the PetroDollar consists of OPEC nations converting most of the US Dollars paid to them for oil into US Treasuries, which Treasuries they will mostly never see again. Thus those trillions of Dollars find their way back to the New York financial center, where they can be put to one final use, funding the Exchange Stabilization Fund, which has a "license to kill" (as James Bond would say) in the world's stock, bond and forex markets.

So, the Federal Income tax is but the first of several major mechanisms established to maintain the requisite "fluid flows and pressures" in the world US Dollar market. The PetroDollar, and also the global lending, arms and drug markets, are other major such mechanisms.
    Paul, Your use of a hydraulic system as a metaphor, which involves fluidity, liquidity and pressure, is very apt. The banking system itself, as Jordan Maxwell (and others) points out, use variations of such words as "liquid" and "fluid" when referring to itself: e.g., the stream of commerce, "banks" upon which the money flows (rivers flow between the banks on either side), "liquity" is a common finance/banking term (Do you have liquity? How liquid are your assets?). There are many other examples that escape me for the moment.

Have you read the works of Edwin Vieira, Jr.? He is a brilliant man, and I rarely use that word or say that about anyone. His studies, writings, interviews and lectures focus on monetary history, policy and law, and taxation. You can put his name into a search engine and be directed to his archives. He is a prolific and thoughtful writer. His opus magnum Pieces of Eight, which about the Constutional dollar and monetary history and laws etc... in the USA, is required reading and understanding. The title comes from the Spanish silver dollar coin. If cut into eights, two pieces would be a quarter dollar. "Two bits, for bits, six bits a dollar."

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th May 2017), Foxie Loxie (5th May 2017), Nasu (11th September 2017), ThePythonicCow (5th May 2017)

5. Link to Post #43
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Have you read the works of Edwin Vieira, Jr.? He is a brilliant man, and I rarely use that word or say that about anyone. His studies, writings, interviews and lectures focus on monetary history, policy and law, and taxation.
    I've sampled him, now and then, over the last decade.

He certainly is brilliant .

He tends to think more along legal lines, and certainly has an impressive curriculum vitae along those lines, whereas I tend to think more along tin-foil-hat, conspiracy theory, nutcase, lines, so I've never gotten sufficiently intrigued by his work to motivate me to examine it more closely.

In my view, the Fed, the state and federal governments in the US, and other major financial and national government institutions, are not the senior locus of control of the dominant power structure of our civilization, and the theory and practice of law is not one of the disciplines that I have found to be extraordinarilly useful in understanding the real dynamics of power or wealth in our civilization.

I presume that Baron Jacob Nathaniel Rothschild has a better idea than I do where this senior locus of control is, and in what form or in whose hands it resides.

I appreciate that you and I might have different inclinations on such matters .

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th May 2017), Foxie Loxie (5th May 2017), Nasu (11th September 2017), Satori (6th May 2017)

7. Link to Post #44
    Language
    English
    Thanks

On the other hand (*), here's a new commentary from Joseph P Farrell on legislation in Texas, my present home state, to make gold and silver legal tender in Texas. If I recall correctly, this resembles proposals made by Edwin Vieira some years ago for a few states in the US to initiate the return of "real", metal backed, currencies.

Farrell's comment on Youtube for this video: "The state of Texas is joining other American states in considering legislation to recognize gold and silver coins as legitimate currency; while the revolt against the Fed is growing...there's a problem..."

As someone with legal expertise and as someone who enjoys Edwin Vieira, you might find Farrell's comments interesting, and we certainly might find your comments on this interesting as well.

===

(*) ... thus disqualifying myself from serving Truman as an economist .
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 5th May 2017 at 02:59.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th May 2017), Foxie Loxie (5th May 2017), Satori (6th May 2017)

9. Link to Post #45
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

On the other hand (*), here's a new commentary from Joseph P Farrell on legislation in Texas, my present home state, to make gold and silver legal tender in Texas. If I recall correctly, this resembles proposals made by Edwin Vieira some years ago for a few states in the US to initiate the return of "real", metal backed, currencies.

Farrell's comment on Youtube for this video: "The state of Texas is joining other American states in considering legislation to recognize gold and silver coins as legitimate currency; while the revolt against the Fed is growing...there's a problem..."

As someone with legal expertise and as someone who enjoys Edwin Vieira, you might find Farrell's comments interesting, and we certainly might find your comments on this interesting as well.

===

(*) ... thus disqualifying myself from serving Truman as an economist .
    I support a return to constitutional money: gold and silver coined. But I do not see that happening anytime soon, if at all. If it does happen it will be because of a total economic collapse and because people were compelled to return to the species standard, or some other commodity based standard, for money at a local level. This would also herald in bartering and other forms of exchange.

It is my opinion that there are other major obstacles or pitfalls to the plans of any State of the Union returning to, or installing, a gold/silver (species) monetary system at the state level. Such a program could work in connection with commercial, monetary, fiscal and tax transactions within any state that institutes such a monetary system, but what about that state's, and more to the point, that state's citizens', commercial, monetary and tax transactions with states that have not returned to Constutional money by adopting gold and silver coin as currency? And, most significantly, what about that state's and its citizens' and all such states' and its citizens', commercial and other monetary, commercial and tax-related dealings with the federal government? One way the federal reserve keeps the citizens of the various states demanding federal reserve notes is because that is the only way citizens of the various states of the Union can discharge federal taxes, dues, imposts, fees, licenses, permits, etc... Try to give the federal government gold or silver coin to pay a federal assessment. You won't get anywhere with that. Rather, you will have to first convert the gold or silver coin (or bullion) to " lawful money" and " legal tender" accepted by the federal government. That same conversion will have to take place between a state and its citizens that are on a gold/silver standard and states and its citizens that are not on a gold/silver standard.

A return to Constitutional money can be done and all of the wrinkles can be worked out if people put their minds to it and worked cooperatively, but I do not see it happening (in my lifetime at least) on a planned, logical, and equitable basis as a result of a coordinated effort between the states and the national government. I think Texas and other states recognize this, which is one reason you read or hear of succession whenever the idea of a state returning to Constituional money comes up.
    Last edited by Satori; 7th May 2017 at 17:03.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th May 2017), ThePythonicCow (7th May 2017)

11. Link to Post #46
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,838 times in 5,080 posts

Winston Shrout Update
    Please Note: Winston Shrout was due to be sentenced on his Income Tax case on August 1, 2017. Today's date is August 8th, 2017.

Also please take notice: The following interview with Winston Shrout was Published on Aug 4, 2017

The GoldFish Report No. 115 "Country Roads
    with Winston Shrout" - Original Issue

(Published on Aug 4, 2017)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=U39LKEpho9o

Published on Aug 4, 2017
    On The GoldFish Report No. 115 Winston Shrout joins Louisa to traverse the long and winding roads of our current financial and legal system. In this program, Winston discusses Original Issue and yes, he means your BIRTH. Winston describes the path that created our birth certificate bond and what we all inadvertently did by signing up for a social security number and what it means to operate in private versus pubic in our double entry accounting system. Winston also explains the remedy for this situation and discusses much more. Please join us next week to continue traversing these Country Roads with Winston. For more information about Winston please visit www.wssic.com. To receive notification of our new Reports please subscribe to this YouTube Channel, follow us on Twitter at @ReportGoldFish, on our 24/7 research news site at www.facebook.com/thegoldfishreport and on our blog at www.thegoldfishreport.wordpress.com and to help support this viewer support research social media, visit www.thegoldfishreport.com. Thanks for viewing!
    Quote Posted by turiya (here)
    Although, the above post was moved to this thread...

Please note:
    P.S. Winston is Not in Jail, yet. Sentencing is scheduled for August 1 2017...
    And, My Source says he will still not go to jail!

So, stay turned...

Man who failed to pay taxes for 20 years
    found guilty on 19 federal charges

Winston Shrout , from one of his online YouTube videos. (YouTube)

By Maxine Bernstein | The Oregonian/OregonLive
    on April 21, 2017 at 2:52 PM,
    updated April 21, 2017 at 3:06 PM
    A federal jury Friday returned across-the board guilty verdicts against Winston Shrout, a prominent sovereign citizen charged with 13 counts of issuing fake financial documents to banks and the U.S. Treasury and six counts of willful failure to file tax returns from 2009 to 2014.

The jury foreman stood and read each guilty verdict for each of the 19 counts as Shrout watched from his seat at the defense table. Shrout displayed no expression.

He will be sentenced at 11 a.m. on Aug. 1.

U.S. District Judge Robert E. Jones polled each of the jurors to ensure the 12-member panel was unanimous in its findings. As the jury foreman began reading each of the verdicts, one juror teared up. A fellow juror reached out to hold her hand as the rest of the verdicts were announced.

The judge ordered Shrout to turn over his passport and restricted him from any travel outside of Oregon without prior court permission.

The jury deliberated for about five hours over two days following a three-day trial.

Government lawyers argued Shrout aimed to cheat the Treasury and banks, and preached his illegal schemes to hundreds of others in paid seminars across the country and abroad.

He purposely sent a package of 1,000 homemade International Bills of Exchange, each purporting to be a legal tender for a trillion dollars, to a small community bank in Chicago "hoping to slip one by an unsuspecting banker,'' U.S. Tax Division trial lawyer Scott Wexler told jurors.

Investigators found a copy of the U.S. Tax Code and the U.S. Department of Justice's criminal tax manual on Shrout's laptop computer, seized one night in the parking lot of The Grotto in Portland after he concluded a seminar there. The computer also contained an alert from the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, cautioning banks and federal savings institutions to be on the lookout for the circulation of such fictitious financial documents, Wexler said.

Shrout was driven by "simple greed,'' Wexler told jurors during his closing argument. He earned a total of $562,224 from a carpentry pension, plus royalties and payments for his seminars, between 2009 and 2014, the years he failed to file tax returns, the prosecutor said.

"He intended to get and keep as much money as he could,'' Wexler said. "The defendant knew he didn't have legal authority to print legal tender of the United States from his home computer... The defendant didn't file his tax returns because he didn't want to.''

The 69-year-old took the stand in his own defense, claiming he was given authority to make the financial documents from the Office of International Treasury Control in order to help relieve debts from mortgage foreclosures. The office Shrout cited, though, is considered by the U.S. government a fraudulent organization that claims ties to the United Nations and the Federal Reserve.

His standby lawyer Ruben Iniguez stressed that "not a single penny was paid out or transacted by anyone'' as a result of the 13 fictitious documents Shrout sent. He argued that the government was simply out to "muzzle'' his client.

Shrout also testified that he hadn't paid taxes for about 20 years, joining what he estimated are about 65 million other people in what he called "tax avoidance.'' Iniguez, in his closing argument, argued that Shrout held a firm and sincere belief that he didn't have to pay taxes.

Shrout declined comment after the verdicts were announced.

Making, creating and issuing fictitious financial instruments is a felony. Each count could bring up to 25 years in prison, according to prosecutors. The failure to file tax returns is a misdemeanor punishable by up to one year in prison.

-- Maxine Bernstein
    The Oregonian

Justice News

Department of Justice
    Office of Public Affairs

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Friday, April 21, 2017

Oregon Promoter Convicted for Making, Passing and Sending
    Bogus Financial Instruments to U.S. Treasury and Financial Institution
    and Failing to File Tax Returns
    A Hillsboro, Oregon promoter was convicted today following a jury trial of making, passing and submitting fake financial instruments to a financial institution and the U.S. Treasury and failing to file tax returns, announced Acting Deputy Assistant Attorney General Stuart M. Goldberg of the Justice Department’s Tax Division.

According to the superseding indictment and the evidence presented at trial, from approximately 2008 through 2015, Winston Shrout, 69, formerly of St. George, Utah, created and submitted more than 1000 bogus financial instruments with the intent of defrauding financial institutions and the U.S. Treasury. Shrout held seminars and private meetings to promote and market the use of these fake financial instruments to pay off debts, including federal taxes. Shrout sold recordings of his seminars, templates for fake financial instruments and other materials through his website.

The evidence presented at trial also proved that Shrout failed to file his 2009 through 2014 tax returns despite earning $562,224 from presenting at seminars, licensing fees associated with the sale of his products and annual pension payments.

Sentencing is scheduled for Aug. 1. Shrout faces a statutory maximum sentence of 25 years in prison for each count of making a fake financial instrument and one year in prison for each count of failing to file a tax return. He also faces a period of supervised release, restitution and monetary penalties.

Acting Deputy Assistant Attorney General Goldberg commended special agents of IRS–Criminal Investigation, who conducted the investigation, and Trial Attorneys Stuart Wexler and Lee Langston of the Tax Division, who prosecuted the case.

Additional information about the Tax Division and its enforcement efforts may be found on the division’s website.

The Department of Justice
    Last edited by turiya; 28th August 2018 at 14:32.

12. Link to Post #47
    Thanks

A new Winston Shrout interview... Published on Aug 11, 2017

From the comments section:
    Bubba Fringman 2 hours ago
    "Winston was indicted and convicted on 19 counts in Oregon District Court and was due to be sentenced on August 1st, yet there is not a single ounce of news or reference to what happened and how. Could you please clarify how he's still running around while Sean David Morton is a fugitive?"
    I have also made my inquiry in this regard, still waiting for some kind of response...
    Anyways, here's the latest interview...

The GoldFish Report No. 118 Country Roads
    with Winston Shrout: Pre-Paid Account

(Published on Aug 11, 2017)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=G9RjQ-JczpE
    Published on Aug 11, 2017
    On The GoldFish Report No. 118, Winston explains why we need to "Resurrect our Dead' status and what Pre-Paid Account means. Other topics discussed include private versus public interaction, Accepted for Value, discharge versus set off of debt, Christian Model of Accounting and much more. To learn more about Winston and his educational materials please visit www.wssic.com. To receive notifications of our Reports you can subscribe to our YouTube Channel, follow us on Twitter at @ReportGoldfish, www.thegoldfishreport.wordpress.com you can also follow us and like us on our 24/7 research news page at www.facebook.com/thegoldfishreport and to help support these and other programs please visit www.thegoldfishreport.com to make a contribution. And don't forget to to participate in this Global Eclipse Meditation on August 21, at 11:11 AM and you can get instructions and guided meditation videos from www.2012portal.blogspot.com.
    Last edited by turiya; 28th August 2018 at 14:34.

13. Link to Post #48
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

All of this is a pitfall for the unwary. Tread very carefully.

There are the rules they create for us and the rules they create for themselves. Please note who makes the rules. It ain't us. There is some overlap, but by-and-large the rules they made/make for us, and which they enforce, and the rules they fashion for themselves, and which they do not enforce (except between each other privately, but rarely publically) keep us tethered in chains of debt and them soaring on wings of wealth.

It, i.e., the subject of central banking/money and fiscal/taxation policies, depicts one of the distinctions between the exoteric and the esoteric. These subjects were once well understood by the citizenry, but have been "dumbed-down" out of us. They then instituted a process to code commonly understood terms by making up fancy words that are often hard to pronounce and in a foreign language. They then required one to have a degree, a license, a permit etc. to give any opinion or advice on the topic of finance, law, medicine, engineering etc. all in the name of protecting us. In a word, they took plenary control. The goal is now and always to retain control.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th August 2017), Blacklight43 (11th August 2017), ThePythonicCow (12th August 2017)

15. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

Still not in prison... or in jail... Winston Shrout and his lastest Goldfish Report Interview (Published on Aug 18, 2017)...

The GoldFish Report No. 120 - Country Roads
    w/ Winston Shrout
    "The Many Roles of St. Germaine"

(Published on Aug 18, 2017)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=3uyzDKUAgyo
    Last edited by turiya; 28th August 2018 at 14:39.

16. Link to Post #50
    Thanks

Winston is still not in prison... or in jail...
    the interview published on August 25th 20017...

From the comments section:
    l55centaur 1 hour ago
    What happened with the Oregon sting operation of the OITC?
    I've been waiting to hear how that case ended up Winston? Thanks. LT

The GoldFish Report No. 122 - Country Roads
    with Winston Shrout: Bankruptcy

(Published on Aug 25, 2017)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=MwwpLGbKauk
    Published on Aug 25, 2017
    On The GoldFish Report No. 122, Winston teaches us all how to think far outside the box beginning with a little experiment with Louisa [as a good demonstration of common core success...LOL ]. In classic Winston style, he explains the history of our current model including 'Pledge' and 'Title' and the present 'Futile System" we are in and how we can navigate through it. Winston further explains Articles of Confederation, Office of the POTUS, and Bankruptcy and how it is the basis for all our wars and how the birth certificate system reconciled this debt. Winston finished with HOPE and the fact that it is time, now that the debt is redeemed, to bring about prosperity for humanity, and much more. To learn more about Winston and his educational materials please visit www.wssic.com. To receive notifications of our Reports you can subscribe to our YouTube Channel, follow us on Twitter at @ReportGoldfish, www.thegoldfishreport.wordpress.com you can also follow us and like us on our 24/7 research news page at www.facebook.com/thegoldfishreport and to help support these and other programs please visit www.thegoldfishreport.com to make a contribution.
    Last edited by turiya; 28th August 2018 at 14:45.

17. Link to Post #51
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,522 times in 32,931 posts

A naive question from a Brit. (Apologies if this is off-topic, but maybe others have the same confusion.)

What's the difference in the US between prison and jail? In the UK, the two terms are interchangeable.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

kanishk (26th August 2017), Star Tsar (26th August 2017)

19. Link to Post #52
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,691 times in 13,806 posts

This should alleviate your confusion Bill...

http://sheriff.org/faqs/displayfaq.c...9-c9a0b6ed66f3

From Bill: Thank you!

Mod hat on: Can you please use a more readable font (Verdana is the default, but others are readable, too) — and also in a larger size? THX.

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 26th August 2017 at 00:17.
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th August 2017), Satori (26th August 2017)

21. Link to Post #53
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    A naive question from a Brit. (Apologies if this is off-topic, but maybe others have the same confusion.)

What's the difference in the US between prison and jail? In the UK, the two terms are interchangeable.
    Hi Bill

Not much of a difference, imo. My (April 22) post #22 was as follows:

Although, the above post was moved to this thread...

Please note:
    P.S. Winston is Not in Jail, yet. Sentencing is scheduled for August 1 2017...
    And, My Source says he will still not go to jail!

So, stay turned...
    Satori responded to my Post #22 (also on April 22) with Post #23 in saying:

Oh, he's going to prison (not jail) alright. I have not heard of this case before today and I have not read anymore than what is on this thread, but I'll say two things: 1) he probably does not have the means to buy himself out of prison at this point, and 2) if he sincerely believes he is a sovereign, he did everything wrong vis-a-vis opposing the federal income tax and seeking to "avoid" (sometimes code for "evade") or minimize taxes. If jurors were crying and holding hands, they did not want to return that verdict but they believed what he did was wrong and what they did is right under the circumstances and given the instructions of law that was read to them by the court.

I am no supporter of the federal income tax. I believe it is not just unconstitutional but anti-constitutional and I believe the 16th Amend was not ratified by the requisite States, nor was it, therefore, properly certified by the then (1913) Secretary of State--but, if you are going to go at this alone, there is a right way and a wrong way to assert your sovereignty and avoid taxes. Also, and I'm not saying this guy is one (because I don't know) but there are a lot of frauds out there taking avantage of others by selling hair-brained tax avoidance schemes that get people into deep trouble with the IRS as "tax avoiders."
    Hence, my post is just a continuing reply to Satori's post #23, to my post #22 - that said Winston is still not in jail (or prison).

The reason for why he is not in jail / prison is not found anywhere on the internet for precisely what has happened with Winston Shrout's August 1st sentencing date that was to take place with the Oregon District Court.

Just pointing the fact out that Winston is still not in jail... or as Satori has preferably stated... he's not in 'prison' either. [insert smile icon]
    Last edited by turiya; 26th August 2017 at 02:36.

22. Link to Post #54
    Palestinian Territory Avalon Member thunder24's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,159 times in 1,845 posts

Jail is below state level. State level and fed level is prison. From my understanding
    OBADIAH 1:21
    The Good things in life

"...where ever you go, there you are..."

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thunder24 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th August 2017), Charles Harris (26th August 2017), mgray (26th August 2017), Star Tsar (27th August 2017)

24. Link to Post #55
    Thanks

If you're locked up, you're locked up...

Winston Shrout is STILL NOT locked up!
    Last edited by turiya; 26th August 2017 at 02:42.

25. Link to Post #56
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,265 times in 2,136 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

My interpretation:
    Jail is local for short time confinement.
    Prison is much larger for long term confinement.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Satori (26th August 2017), Star Tsar (27th August 2017)

27. Link to Post #57
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

If you're locked up, you're locked up...

Winston Shrout is STILL NOT locked up!
    Good for him. Assuming this is correct. If he was convicted as your post #22 (I think) stated, and if he is not in jail, then he is released on some form of home confinement awaiting sentencing. If and when he is sentenced for his criminal conviction and assuming he does not fly the coop or take other drastic action, he will go to prison. If he is not now in jail or prison, he may have an appeal pending and he may be released from custody, i.e., jail, pending an appeal.

I am not trying to be right about this. My interest is in getting things right, not being right. I do not wish jail or prison on him. As I said earlier in another post on this thread, I am not familiar with the specifics of his case. But I am familiar with the law, including to some extent criminal sentencing procedures.

28. Link to Post #58
    Thanks

Oh, he's going to prison (not jail) alright. I believe it is not just unconstitutional but anti-constitutional and I believe the 16th Amend was not ratified by the requisite States, nor was it, therefore, properly certified by the then (1913) Secretary of State--but, if you are going to go at this alone, there is a right way and a wrong way to assert your sovereignty and avoid taxes.
    The so-called 'Income' tax is absolutely constitutional, its has simply been misapplied. Most people, including all your tax consultants, including all those that sat on that jury, have been brainwashed into believing that the Income tax applies to them. The next time you receive a Notice from the Internal Revenue Service, write them a letter telling them you will be glad to pay the tax only if they can show you how you've made yourself 'subject to' or 'liable for' the taxes imposed. You will never receive any reply back...

Like I said, Winston Shrout will not be sentenced. He will not got to jail or prison.
    You can take that to the bank.... only if they're not already on a bank holiday, by then.

To answer your question directly, the federal income tax is a "direct tax." That is one reason for the language of the 16th Amend. The Constitution had to be amended to make a direct tax on income constitutional and lawful, without regard to uniformity or apportionment. I didn't realize there would be a quiz.
    ...I believe the 16th Amend was not ratified by the requisite States, nor was it, therefore, properly certified by the then (1913) Secretary of State...
    WHY SOME PEOPLE GO TO JAIL
    (The Biggest "Tax Loophole" of All by Otto Skinner)

Flawed Argument #3. The individual claims that the Sixteenth Amendment was not properly ratified and, therefore, he is not required to file income tax returns.

This is like saying that if the Sixteenth Amendment had been properly ratified, the individual would be required to file. While the Sixteenth Amendment may not have been properly ratified, it did not create anything new except to prevent the courts from treating the so-called "income" tax as a direct tax. This flawed argument stems from the mistaken belief that an income tax is a direct tax and that the Sixteenth Amendment (if properly ratified) authorized an unapportioned direct income tax. Here again, the individual is, in effect, saying that the United States Supreme Court was wrong in the Stanton Case and other cases. (See below & Post #28)

In delivering the opinion in Brushaber v. Union Pacific R.R. Co., 240 U.S. 1 (1916), Chief Justice Edward Douglas White stated that:
    Moreover in addition the conclusion reached in the Pollock
    Case
    did not in any degree involve holding that income
    taxes generically and necessarily came within the class of
    direct taxes on property, but on the contrary recognized the
    fact that taxation on income was in its nature an excise
    entitled to be enforced as such....
    Brushaber v. Union Pacific R.R. Co., 240 U.S. 1, 16-17 (1916).
    (Emphasis added.)
    Later, explaining what was settled in the Brushaber Case, the same Chief Justice Edward Douglas White stated:
    [B]y the previous ruling [Brushaber Case] it was settled
    that the Sixteenth Amendment conferred no new power of
    taxation but simply prohibiited the previous complete and
    plenary power of income taxation possessed by Congress
    from the beginning [of our national government under the
    Constitution] from being taken out of the category of
    indirect taxation to which it inherently belonged....
    Stanton v. Baltic Mining Co., 240 U.S. 103, 112 (1916).

(Emphasis and explanation added.)
    In 1930, the United States Supreme Court explains that an indirect tax is not a property tax, but rather a tax laid on the happening of an event.
    A tax laid upon the happening of an event, as distinguished
    from its tangible furuts, is an indirect tax.
    Tyler v United States, 281 U.S. 497, 502 (1930).

(Emphasis added.)
    The following are a couple more interviews with Winston Shrout (still not in jail, or prison). In the second video posted, Winston Shrout @ 55m54s demonstrates that he has this understanding - that the income tax is an indirect tax - as in an excise tax, which is a tax on a revenue taxable activity or event... He shows this understanding when he says,
    "Will this exchange of currencies will it be taxed? It can't be [taxed].... [shaking head]... It can't be. This is not an 'income'. This is an exchange. I took this dinar over here & I exchanged it for this currency over there.... Its not a taxable event... Its not a taxable event." (Emphasis mine.)

The GoldFish Report No. 124 - Country Roads with
    Winston Shrout: Knights Templars and AscensionThe GoldFish
    (Published on Sep 1, 2017)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=cP6uiqejq4w

The GoldFish Report No. 126 - Country Roads
    w/ Winston Shrout: Global Currency Revaluation
    (Published on Sep 8, 2017)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ll9zloULHdo
    Last edited by turiya; 28th August 2018 at 14:44.

29. Link to Post #59
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

By virtue of the 16th Amendment, validly ratified or not, the federal income tax is a "direct tax" given the definition of what the elements of a direct tax are and what distinguishes a direct tax from, for instance, an indirect tax. Anyone who says the individual income tax is not a direct tax is misinformed as to the state of the law and rules on the subject.

The fact that the tax on incomes is by definition a "direct tax" does shed any light on the question of whether the 16th Amendment was properly ratified, whether the direct income tax on our incomes violates the US Constitution, nor on the fact that the Court having the final word on the subject treats any challenge to the lawfulness of the federal income tax as frivolous and without merit.

I completely agree and have long stated that "money" received for our labor is an "exchange", and should be a non-taxable event; not unlike, for example, the IRC Sec. 1031 tax free exchange of real estate. When we provide labor, it is equal to the value of the "money" or other consideration (e.g., room and board) we receive for it. There is no gain or profit in such a transaction and there should therefore be no tax, direct or indirect, on what we receive in exchange for our labor. Such a transaction is an equivalent exchange. It is a legal fiction to fail to recognize this. (We live in a world filled with legal fictions.) But, the IRS etc... do not recognize this fact and create the legal fictions. Congress and others do so because it allows government to create money, tax it, and thereby exceed and usurp its constitutional limitations and disabilities, all the while assuming more and more power and control over We, The People.

The direct tax on our incomes relegates We, The People to the level of slaves or indentured servants. I think we agree on that.

This fact was well known and understood by the drafters of the Constitution and everyone else in the US prior to 1913, and prior to the institutionalization of this particular legal fiction. It is understood by only a few now.

30. Link to Post #60
    Thanks

Anyone who says the individual income tax is not a direct tax is misinformed as to the state of the law and rules on the subject.
    The referenced information that was provided as to what variious justices of the United States Supreme Court have ruled on the matter of the whether the so-called "income" tax is a direct vs indirect tax. And now, you are saying the Supreme Court justices that ruled in these cases are misinformed. And still, you have not provided any references that would be in support of your claim.

That to me tells me all that I need to know about you.

Just one question for you... when was the last time you filed an income tax form?
    Thank you for your last reply. Have a nice day.
    Last edited by turiya; 11th September 2017 at 21:19.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 3 5 LastLast