+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Meditation Group suggestion box.

1. Link to Post #1
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,260 times in 3,618 posts

Default Meditation Group suggestion box.

Is there topics on meditation you would like to discuss.
    The meditation group, is down stairs in groups.
    (The symbol is a broken circle.)

Here are some examples:

1. Meditation is a waste of time.
    2. I don't really understand meditation.
    3. It is too difficult.
    4. How can I apply it in daily life.
    5. My legs go numb.
    6. I cannot settle down.
    7. It too easy, I'm getting nowhere.
    8. Ok what do I do now.
    9. I keep falling asleep.
    10. There's a reptilian sitting on my head!
    11. Do I have to meditate? No, there are other ways!

If there is anything you wish to discuss, feel free to leave a message.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Post:

Anchor (10th February 2012), Apex (8th February 2012), christian (8th February 2012), Lisab (9th February 2012), Muzz (10th February 2012), Open your eyes (8th February 2012), Pilgrim (8th February 2012), seko (10th February 2012), Star1111 (9th February 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    England Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Meditation Group suggestion box.

For me pineal, i find it hard to meditate, as my body is constantly racked with pain & sweat. I have to take awful medication that sedates me as it is, just to relax my muscles as my whole bodily system is affected by brain damage to the cells/spinal columm. As i have a faulty adrenal system also, when im concentrating on not concentrating, i end up concentrating to much, & never let go enough, ive had a few OBE'S however how do we know when we have got it right? How do we know what works for us? What should we expect from meditation?

However i do have times of remission, im not always bedbound, at sometimes i can be very well, a lot needs to change for me my end, ie i want to move house, downsize as have far too much material possessions, mainly clothes n books horder, i think i can part with at least half my clothes and put the money to something of better use, i think the reason i have far too many clothes, is i dont get too wear them much, its nice to look at a full wardrobe, its like a dream that one day i will get the chance to have full use of it again, however im just kidding myself really with that lol, at its ego based really, ive learnt i truelly need to let go of the old me, im still tryign to do that, its a long hard road, being woke up & accepting yourself x
    Last edited by nf857; 8th February 2012 at 21:23.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nf857 For This Post:

ktlight (8th February 2012), Open your eyes (8th February 2012), Star1111 (9th February 2012), Tony (9th February 2012), toothpick (9th February 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    Australia Avalon Member PegasusRising's Avatar
    Thanks

I am sorry to hear that you are having a challenging time nf857. David Wolfe during a seminar spoke of turning off the Adrenal system by lying down on your back, no pillow with the legs raised, I know this works well for me, if I am feeling stressed or overwhelmed. I don't know if this can help you during meditation or not!
    I find that if you feel/see/focus on your breath and don't worry about the thoughts passing through this can help. When you realise you are thinking, come back to your breath. Maybe you do or know this but just thought I would share my experience.

Meditation for me is prolonging the space between the thoughts. I have no expectations!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PegasusRising For This Post:

Star1111 (9th February 2012), Tony (9th February 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    Czech Republic Avalon Member Pilgrim's Avatar
    Thanks

Meditation is very important for me on my path. It is very dear friend of mine who accompanies me since my teanage age. I went through different techniques, stages, practices and aproaches. I may say that each of them helped me to progress on my way to understand more, about myself, my suroundings, my past, life etc. I used them for certain time as they naturaly lost their sense of need for me, and then I moved on, left them behind found new ones, or simply I started from very begining at "point 0". It feels for me like " climbing steps" or " opening new doors" whenever I feel this "change" happening in me. There is than my prove for myself that it works for me. Sometimes it is fun, sometimes, it is adventure, sometimes it is just boring repetition, sometimes even something occures, there is experience of something what is so real that is more real that my own awerness of my existance. Meditation is basicaly to connect myself with myself, to be more "real", to be "more alive". It recharges me, heals me, gives me new perspectives. IT is just wonderful thing and very practical tool of self-education..

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pilgrim For This Post:

Apex (8th February 2012), Star1111 (9th February 2012), Tony (9th February 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Pilgrim (here)
    *...Meditation is basicaly to connect myself with myself...*
    Very well said Pilgrim. For me it's much easier to meditate is I focus on energy points and energy flow through the body, like guiding energy from Sun through the chakras and into the center of the Earth. Otherwise it is hard to keep boredom from triggering the mind into some random thoughts. I have to try the adventure mode next time I guess.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apex For This Post:

Star1111 (9th February 2012), Tony (10th February 2012)

11. Link to Post #6
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,734 times in 1,428 posts

Hi Tony

I would like to discuss whether animals have souls. Having seen many spiritual websites which say they do not I am disappointed and disbelieving. My pets have many spiritual qualities (such as love, appreciation and caring) that some human beings do not. Even though I specifically mention pets, it would be pertinent to all animals, including those in the food chain, because if they did not have a soul then there would be no point in being vegetarian, if they were on the same level as a vegetable . . .

lol Linx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Miller For This Post:

Star1111 (9th February 2012)

13. Link to Post #7
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by nf857 (here)
    For me pineal, i find it hard to meditate, as my body is constantly racked with pain & sweat. I have to take awful medication that sedates me as it is, just to relax my muscles as my whole bodily system is affected by brain damage to the cells/spinal columm. As i have a faulty adrenal system also, when im concentrating on not concentrating, i end up concentrating to much, & never let go enough, ive had a few OBE'S however how do we know when we have got it right? How do we know what works for us? What should we expect from meditation?

However i do have times of remission, im not always bedbound, at sometimes i can be very well, a lot needs to change for me my end, ie i want to move house, downsize as have far too much material possessions, mainly clothes n books horder, i think i can part with at least half my clothes and put the money to something of better use, i think the reason i have far too many clothes, is i dont get too wear them much, its nice to look at a full wardrobe, its like a dream that one day i will get the chance to have full use of it again, however im just kidding myself really with that lol, at its ego based really, ive learnt i truelly need to let go of the old me, im still tryign to do that, its a long hard road, being woke up & accepting yourself x
    Good morning nf,
    ˙How do we know when we have got it right? How do we know what works for us? What should we expect from meditation?

A. Nothing! ..........That nothing is pure clarity.......and such a relief!

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Apex (here)
    Quote Posted by Pilgrim (here)
    *...Meditation is basicaly to connect myself with myself...*
    Very well said Pilgrim. For me it's much easier to meditate is I focus on energy points and energy flow through the body, like guiding energy from Sun through the chakras and into the center of the Earth. Otherwise it is hard to keep boredom from triggering the mind into some random thoughts. I have to try the adventure mode next time I guess.
    Dear Apex,
    Ah, boredom........you are on the right track!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tony For This Post:

Star1111 (9th February 2012)

15. Link to Post #8
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by w1ndmill (here)
    Hi Tony

I would like to discuss whether animals have souls. Having seen many spiritual websites which say they do not I am disappointed and disbelieving. My pets have many spiritual qualities (such as love, appreciation and caring) that some human beings do not. Even though I specifically mention pets, it would be pertinent to all animals, including those in the food chain, because if they did not have a soul then there would be no point in being vegetarian, if they were on the same level as a vegetable . . .

lol Linx
    Morning W1ndmill,
    Of course they have souls, meaning they are sentient beings. They have feelings, make judgements, and are very discerning ....they just don't talk about it!
    Now here is a problem: His Holiness the Dalai Lama was asked, (and I was there) "Are plants sentient?" "This is tricky" he said, "our scientists have looked into this
    and have come to the conclusion, that if it moves, then it is sentient.....but we cannot be sure."

So wish the carrot well, and enjoy. Otherwise we could .....starve to death!
    In all food there are living beings, so what can we do?

When we put logs on the fire, are we totally sure it empty of creepy crawly thing?
    I just say, "OM MANI PEME HUNG" ...to wish them well.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Post:

gigha (9th February 2012), Miller (10th February 2012), Star1111 (9th February 2012)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,760 times in 350 posts

Tony
    Having 'found' meditation (or to be accurate I should say it found me) it is a joy in my life and has helped me enormously.

I try very hard to do it every day but the job I have is very time consuming and by the time I'm ready to meditate, just before bedtime, I'm exhausted. What sometimes happens is that I'm either way too tired and just need to sleep or I meditate and fall asleep whilst doing it. Yes, perhaps I should change my times but I certainly don't have time in the morning and if I woke up any earlier to go to work, I would be exhausted throughout the day!!

Excuses, excuses but if there is a possible solution, I'm all ears.

Another question is :

Can holding certain cyrstals whilst meditating 'enhance' the meditation and I'm talking about experiences of a telepathic nature or more specifically a better connection to the Divine ?
    "Thinking: The talking of the soul with itself” - Plato
    LOVE, LOVE, always LOVE

18. Link to Post #10
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Star1111 (here)
    Tony
    Having 'found' meditation (or to be accurate I should say it found me) it is a joy in my life and has helped me enormously.

I try very hard to do it every day but the job I have is very time consuming and by the time I'm ready to meditate, just before bedtime, I'm exhausted. What sometimes happens is that I'm either way too tired and just need to sleep or I meditate and fall asleep whilst doing it. Yes, perhaps I should change my times but I certainly don't have time in the morning and if I woke up any earlier to go to work, I would be exhausted throughout the day!!

Excuses, excuses but if there is a possible solution, I'm all ears.

Another question is :

Can holding certain cyrstals whilst meditating 'enhance' the meditation and I'm talking about experiences of a telepathic nature or more specifically a better connection to the Divine ?
    1.Go to bed earlier, get up earlier.
    2. Drink some water before sleep, the bladder will get you up!..........( But not if it disturbs sleep.)...am sort of joking, but it gets me up.
    3. I do not know about crystals. Maybe it could amplify something.
    4. Be thankful that you have the right intention, maybe pray a little, that whatever actions you do, will be the cause of enlightenment to all sentient beings...and may I have time to meditate!

19. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Tony,
    Thank you - good advice.

I'm usually in bed by 9pm (not very rock 'n' roll) but I need my sleep.
    I'm up at 6.00am
    The crystals seem to work for me, amethyst and Kyanite - aid in connecting to the spirits so I will continue to use them.

I am VERY thankful and I do often speak decrees before I meditate.

Meditation is helping me be calmer, more thoughtful and more at Peace so its not something I will be giving up anytime soon

I am so glad it found me
    LOVE, LOVE, always LOVE

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Star1111 For This Post:

Tony (10th February 2012)

21. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 times in 818 posts

I'd like to know how to start mediating. I've never really tried & I'm on my own so I have no-one to meditate with me. I don't feel I can meditate for a long time - I'd need to start-off with short meditaions. Although, I am totally happy and at peace being on my own for weeks and weeks, so I feel I have the ground-work done to meditate.
    “There is no coming to consciousness without pain. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.” -- Carl Jung

"To see the farm is to leave the farm."

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Mulder For This Post:

23. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Mulder

Might I suggest to you the book by Victor Davich called "8 Minute Meditation: Quiet Your Mind. Change Your Life". I know it sounds like one of those "self-help" books and it IS, but the way Victor introduces the novice to meditation is witty and clever. He guides you through each stage and shows you a lot of different types of meditation.

It helped me get started and it was one of the best things I ever did!

Give it a go. Its about £7.00 or thereabouts. Amazon sell it.
    LOVE, LOVE, always LOVE

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Star1111 For This Post:

25. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

Hi Tony

lol Linx
    Buddha tells his initiate to be grateful he was incarnated as a human. To me this intimates the idea of animals (and things?!) having souls.

I've had great results using guided meditations. Jeddah Mali takes me on wonderful trips around the universe. Her take on consciousness, awareness, and experience is astounding.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to conk For This Post:

27. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member bearcow's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 times in 472 posts

Hi Tony

lol Linx

They have souls, they do not have a individualized spirit. they have a group spirit.
    "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..."
    — Dr. Seuss

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bearcow For This Post:

Anchor (10th February 2012), conk (10th February 2012), Miller (10th February 2012), Tony (10th February 2012)

29. Link to Post #16
    England Avalon Member
    Thanks

Morning W1ndmill,
    Of course they have souls, meaning they are sentient beings. They have feelings, make judgements, and are very discerning ....they just don't talk about it!
    Now here is a problem: His Holiness the Dalai Lama was asked, (and I was there) "Are plants sentient?" "This is tricky" he said, "our scientists have looked into this
    and have come to the conclusion, that if it moves, then it is sentient.....but we cannot be sure."

So wish the carrot well, and enjoy. Otherwise we could .....starve to death!
    Quote In all food there are living beings, so what can we do?

When we put logs on the fire, are we totally sure it empty of creepy crawly thing?
    I just say, "OM MANI PEME HUNG" ...to wish them well.
    Very interesting reading, ive always been an animal lover, & have always wanted to be a vegetarian, however with my illness, i have to eat some meats just to help my very dyfunct immune system, ive always thought trying an acid/alcaline diet would be good, however very harsh, it would have to be the right time for me to give it a go, i.e when im at my optimal best, which i can't forsee for quite some years yet, as ive im already working on a lot of goals as it is. However its there in my vision for the future, as is a lot of direction i where i want to be in the next few years. For me all this takes a ridiculously longer time, due to having to pace myself ridgidly with my illness & financially.

I absolutly love all animals & insects, my partner thinks im mad when i gently pick up spiders & take them outside, same with tiny little insects, crazy really, when i eat chicken/pig/cow at least twice a week. Ive always found animals are far more rewarding than humans, you get back what you put in with them. They are amazing. I have a cat, she always knows when im ill, she comes a sits by me, sleeps with me, if i have stomach ache, as i quite often do with my gastro dsyfunction she will sit on my stomach, shes amazing. I always feel such a close bond with her, its as if shes my soul mate, & i knew her in another life. Probably sound like a nutter don't i? lol

Good morning nf,
    ˙How do we know when we have got it right? How do we know what works for us? What should we expect from meditation?

Quote A. Nothing! ..........That nothing is pure clarity.......and such a relief!
    Yes kind of what ive been doing when i practice meditation, i try not to expect anything, this is when paranormal things happen, i.e out of body experiences, is it normal to see flashbacks of things held in your cosiousness that you had forgot??? I keep seeing different flashbacks of my childhood, sometimes i get flash-forwards, sometimes it seems images from a past life? Is all this normal??? I also see darkness when its light and visa versa, i.e if i practice in the day i get nighttime visions, if i practice in the night i get daytime visions??? x
    Last edited by nf857; 10th February 2012 at 12:21.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to nf857 For This Post:

31. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,835 times in 3,731 posts

Here is the link to Tony's group ----> https://projectavalon.net/forum4/group.php?groupid=62 <----
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

33. Link to Post #18
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,734 times in 1,428 posts

Quote Posted by nf857 (here)
    I absolutly love all animals & insects, my partner thinks im mad when i gently pick up spiders & take them outside, same with tiny little insects, crazy really, when i eat chicken/pig/cow at least twice a week. Ive always found animals are far more rewarding than humans, you get back what you put in with them. They are amazing. I have a cat, she always knows when im ill, she comes a sits by me, sleeps with me, if i have stomach ache, as i quite often do with my gastro dsyfunction she will sit on my stomach, shes amazing. I always feel such a close bond with her, its as if shes my soul mate, & i knew her in another life. Probably sound like a nutter don't i? lol
    Not at all nf857 - I feel exactly the same way. Have you noticed that they can tune into invisible beings and follow them around the room with their eyes?

I have also noticed that when people remember previous lives they have never said they remember being an animal or a plant . . . is there anybody reading this thread who has lived before as an animal I wonder?

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Miller For This Post:

35. Link to Post #19
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mulder (here)
    I'd like to know how to start mediating. I've never really tried & I'm on my own so I have no-one to meditate with me. I don't feel I can meditate for a long time - I'd need to start-off with short meditaions. Although, I am totally happy and at peace being on my own for weeks and weeks, so I feel I have the ground-work done to meditate.
    Hello Mulder,

There is a lot of basic stuff in the meditation group forum. You can ask any question you like!

36. Link to Post #20
    England Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Not at all nf857 - I feel exactly the same way. Have you noticed that they can tune into invisible beings and follow them around the room with their eyes?
    OMG- yes my cat does this all the time, when i see things out of the corner of my eye, she turns to look at them as well, i know she is seeing something i only get a very quick second glance at, she also seems to follow things than go into my book cupboard & sometimes my wardrobe, she quite often wakes me up scratching to get my book cupboard open, when i open it she goes in at sits looking at something in there, im baffled by what she sees that i don't?!!!!

She can be sitting on me, & she suddenly jumps and her eyes are following something, i wish i saw what she did. Ive always found her a bit neurotic when she suddently jumps, for a while i thought it was me, when im not relaxed enought, however it does seem to be something else she sees, i do have a little bit of telepathy with her you see x

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nf857 For This Post:

conk (10th February 2012), Tony (10th February 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast