+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hollistic For Hand Warts

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,960 times in 381 posts

Default Re: Hollistic For Hand Warts

Hi Whitefeather,

It seems you have good advice already here.

When I read your post the first thing I thought of was: 'TreeTree Oil'

I see you already have that advice.

Also, perhaps put a few drops on the inside of potaeo peelings. Then tape this to the area(s) of warts

There were studies done a few years back, that indicated that potatoe peelings, -the inside, surface have healing properties.

Good luck
    'F.E.A.R.' - is an acronym = 'False Expectations Appearing Real'

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CeltMan For This Post:

frances (11th February 2012), Lettherebelight (11th February 2012), NeverMind (11th February 2012), WhiteFeather (12th February 2012)

3. Link to Post #22
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,709 times in 1,042 posts

Whitefeather you asked specifically for suggests on holistic approach for your sons warts on his hands . . . . these are my thoughts:

Warts are viral in nature as are cold sores (herpes simplex I) so building the immune system specifically for viral dis-eases would be prudent. Anytime you are building the immune system you should stay no longer in the regime any longer than 6 to 8 weeks. You can exhaust the immune systemfrom too much stimulation.

I use tinctures in a compound of 4 or more of these herbs . . . .I generally use specific tinctures for specific situations and individuals. These generally build the immune system against viruses. The last five tinctures listed are more support and delivery herbals.

Holistic treatment (Internal) herbal tinctures

Immmune System building against Viruses

Black Elderberry (Sambus nigra)
    Echinacea root (Echinacea purpurea)
    Echinacea root (Echinacea agustafolia)
    Goldenseal rhizome & roots (Hydrastis canadensis
    Astragalus root (Astragalus membranaceus)
    Reishi mushroom (Ganoderma lucidum)
    Osha root (Ligusticum porteri)
    Yerba Santa leaf (Eriodictyon californicum)
    Schisandra (Schisandra chinensis)
    Yerba Santa leaf (Eriodictyon californicum)
    Horseradish root (Armoracia rusticana)
    Prickly Ash bark (Zanthoxylum clava-herculis
    Ginger Root (Zingiber officinale)
    Yarrow flower (Achillea millefolium)
    Wild Indigo root (Baptisia tinctoria

If your body is in a viral attack the following compound of the following herbal tinctures is benificial and depending on severity of attack I use in conjunction with the above herbal compound.

Viral attack

Lomatium root (Lomatium dissectum)
    St. John's Wort flower & bud (Hypericum perforatum)
    Echinacea root (Echinacea purpurea)
    Olive leaf (Olea europaea)
    Lemon Balm leaf & flower (Melissa officinalis

If you start treating for a viral manifestation (warts, herpes, flu colds ets) you will more than likely initiate a viral attack.

Holistic treatment (external) herbal or natural

Topical applications pharmaceutical grade tea tree oil and alternate with grapefruit seed extract or high grade potent ‘black salve’. The ‘black drawing salve’ is hard to find anymore because the recipe has been altered drastically due to ‘codex alimentrius’. I do make my own.

Holistic treatment (spiritual) thought patterns

With almost all dis-eases there are mental thought patterns that cause or facilitate the certain illness to manifest and reoccur.

With warts the general harmful thought pattern is “little expressions of hate and belief in ugliness. Since the hands are involved the negative thought pattern is: hold and handle. Clutch and grip. Grasping and letting go. Caressing. Pinching . . . all ways of ‘dealing with’ experiences. And so you could extrapolate that the main negative thought pattern is grasping onto or clutching little expressions of hate and ugliness and/or struggling with letting these negative thoughts ‘go’.

His fever blisters or cold sores (herpes simplex I) are also viral and a manifestation of viral attacks to the immune system which among other things causes a depletion of a certain amino acids. Cold sores erupt during times of stress (any stress) on the human body. So in along with boosting his system against viral attacks I would suggest strongly he takes L-Lysine . . . it is the amino acid he is low of. Take at least 300mg a day for 4 to 6 months and if he feels one about to erupt up the amount to at least 600mg.

Thought pattern regarding cold sores: festering, bitter, angry words left unspoken or deep fear to express them.

A fun Folklore Remedy or remedy used by my great grand mother that actually works: Is to go into the woods and find the rotted tree stump from a walnut or red oak tree. Scrape out a bucket full of the rotted wood and cover with rain water and let it steep for about a month. Strain and use the ‘water’ on the warts. Best to use in a poultice with clay mud (draws) from the river bank. The rotted wood from red oak and walnut contain large amounts of tannic acid (main medicinal value) which then is very effective in drying out and removing the wart from the ‘roots’.

Just as modwiz said . . . I am not a doctor and these are only my suggestions and experiences as a herbalist.

4. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,971 times in 5,651 posts

Thanking all for some great and much appreciated advice. Could these warts be attributed to a low immune system, I'm sure its so. He has been under stress from college studies, he beats himself up over this constantly. I tell him to relax,,,,quite often. Again thanks for all your responses. Love You Peeps. ≈W.F.≈
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

frances (11th February 2012), Lettherebelight (26th February 2012), MMA_Fan (11th February 2012)

6. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

OK, sit back and get ready to laugh at this one. Ready? Duct tape. When you've stopped smiling go and search for duct tape wart remedies. It does work.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

Lettherebelight (26th February 2012), meeradas (27th February 2012), NeverMind (12th February 2012), seko (12th February 2012), WhiteFeather (12th February 2012)

8. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,374 times in 1,941 posts

Who needs to consult your GP when we have all these helpful friends here at Avalon eh?

Stan
    If you don't follow your spirit without hesitation, you end up following your hesitation without spirit.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aranuk For This Post:

NeverMind (12th February 2012), seko (12th February 2012), WhiteFeather (26th February 2012)

10. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

Thank You all for some wealth of knowledge. Going with the Essential Oils.

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

11. The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Lettherebelight (26th February 2012)

12. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,150 times in 3,856 posts

WhiteFeather,
    Have him try L-Lysine for the cold sores. It's also good for DNA repair....

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

WhiteFeather (27th February 2012)

14. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,951 times in 812 posts

Try Agrisept-A
    it is a trio of citrus extracts. works like a charm.
    Why not now?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to nomadguy For This Post:

16. Link to Post #29
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,658 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by WhiteFeather (here)
    Thank You all for some wealth of knowledge. Going with the Essential Oils.
    Look into this too....

http://bloodrootblacksalve.com/

Quote About Black Salves, Eschar black salves, Indian Mud and bloodroot paste.

As you have noticed there are numerous sites that sell black salves and sites that provide information pertaining to black salve. There are even sites that claim black salves cause skin damage and that there is no proof black salves actually work. We will take each issue to task.

First what is black salve? Before we address what black salves are, lets first establish when black salves became an issue and came under fire. The first documented modern issue regarding the use of black salves started in the 1920's. This is when the pharmaceuticals industry started to gain prominence and dominance. Up until then black salve was the standard for use on skin cancers and skin problems. The pharmaceutical industry started lobbying the government and regulations started to take hold. Therefore, black salves were hardly heard of until they started to gain popularity in the 1960's. As the black salves started to gain popularity companies started popping up that provided black salves. One fact is clear, black salves have been around for centuries.

There are so many black salves that claim to do miraculous things and provide excellent results. There is undisputed evidence that black salves do work. One the other hand there is also evidence that black salves cause severe scarring and damage to health tissue. A point must be made here to clarify the issue. NOT ALL BLACK SALVES ARE A LIKE. Again, let me make this clear, not all black salves are alike. So why do some black salves cause skin damage and others do not. It is the ingredients, specifically the ingredient zinc chloride. Black salves that cause serious skin damage and scarring contains over 40% zinc chloride. There are medical doctors and even the government agency FDA; assert it is the ingredient bloodroot. This is impossible. If bloodroot is the ingredient that causes skin damage then it wouldn't have been put in toothpaste and the University of North Carolina wouldn't have used it as a dewormer in cattle and sheep. Here is the test, get zinc chloride and put a table spoon of it in water. The container will get so hot you can barely hold on to it. Now take a tablespoon of bloodroot and put it in a cup of water. That's right, nothing happens. This little experiment was demonstrated by Risingsun Health/Bloodroot Products to the FDA agents that visited there office. I tried the same experiment and was shocked. I only used a table spoon of zinc chloride in 8 oz of water. That is scary, so wonder people feel a burning sensation and get scarred. I also tried the bloodroot in water, nothing, even after 2 hours. Therefore, the conclusion is that it actually isn't the bloodroot that causes the skin damage or scarring, but the acoustic ingredients such as zinc chloride. I did not test chromium chloride or arsenic trisulphide. There is a company that uses no more that 30% zinc chloride in their black salves and they seem to be getting the same results and the black salve with over 40% zinc chloride.

Other ingredients vary from black salve to black salve. A true black salve must contain the essential herb bloodroot. The other ingredients include Chaparral, Galangal root, Sheep sorrel, Plantain, Graviola, Bitter melon, Chaga mushroom, Yellow dock root, Calendula, Pine tar , bees wax and Ginger root. These are the most common ingredients in most black salves. Now for the mineral ingredients may consist of zinc chloride, chromium chloride, arsenic trisulphide and/or DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide).

One main ingredient that defines black salve is as we mentioned before the use of distilled water or oils as the base. Distilled water dries out and this is the main factor in scarring. You need to keep the area moist and using oils instead of water resolves this issue nicely. We have found the use of Neem and Olive oil is essential. Neem is a great antiseptic and reduces infections and the itchiness. Salves made with oil do take a little longer to get the desired results, usually 2-5 days longer. We believe this is far better than the serious scaring experienced with water based black salves.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

18. Link to Post #30
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,845 times in 3,177 posts

Please forgive my bookmarking this thread like this [with no further input; only possibility atm]. Thank you!

19. Link to Post #31
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,340 times in 747 posts

Quote Posted by MMA_Fan (here)
    Garlic.
    -Grate, pulverise or blend to a paste, open wart and rub it in. will work 100% within 2 days and it won't come back.
    I've found this to be absolutely true, but I do it a little differently. I just cut a garlic clove in half and put it on the wart so that the "juicy" side is touching the wart. Then put a bandaid over that to hold it in place for 24 hours. After 24 hours, remove the bandaid.

Sometimes, depending on the strength of the garlic, the skin around the wart will actually blister. If that happens, just let the blister heal naturally in the open air. When the blister shrinks, the wart falls off. They don't come back.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to doodah For This Post:

conk (28th February 2012)

21. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,405 times in 1,148 posts

I agree with Modwiz's suggestion that tea tree oil can kill warts. This is one site (of many) that discusses using tea tree oil to treat warts. The page also lists 14 other plants that can be used to treat warts.
    http://www.teatreewonders.com/tea-tree-oil-warts.html

The sticky white milky sap from many plants can be used to kill warts and even stop skin cancers. The milky sap is strongly alkaline. It can burn sensitive skin, so use only on the wart(s) and wipe it off other skin.

The Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) is responsible for many warts. HPV has been implicated in causing several types of cancer, so it is a good idea to try to eliminate it from the body. MMS kills pathogens in the body when MMS is ingested and it kills pathogens on the skin when applied topically to the affected area.

MMS can be applied directly to the skin (strong solution) and MMS can be swallowed in a dilute solution. Refer to Jim Humble's book here for full explanation of how to use MMS for hundreds of ailments. MMS is very cheap and very effective for so many different things.

Covering a wart with banana peel or garlic are two natural remedies that many people use. You can use band aids or tape to hold the banana peel or garlic on the wart.

This is one of many sites I found with a quick search for natural remedies for warts:

Quote Warts are caused by viruses that infect the top layer of the skin, and herbs and homeopathic remedies can be used to treat them. Most warts do not cause any pain, but they can become sore or itchy. They can appear on most areas of the body, including the feet, hands, lips, or genitals. The types of warts include common warts, flat warts, genital warts, and plantar warts. Home remedies, including vitamins, homeopathy, and herbal remedies can safely and effectively remove warts.

The viral cause of warts is the human papilloma virus, known as HPV. Warts are contagious but can take many months or years to grow and become visible on the skin. Warts spread from person to person and from one part of the body to another. Those with low immunity are more susceptible. Breaks in the skin also open up pathways for infection.

Garlic Patch
    By covering the wart with garlic, the wart is deprived of oxygen and also infused with the oil of the garlic, a known antibiotic, antiviral and antifungal. The garlic can be taped over the wart before bed and replaced nightly. This can take a few weeks, but eventually, the wart will begin to turn black before falling off.

Vitamin A
    For external warts on the genitals, vitamin A has been shown to be effective. Vitamin A applied twice daily can be used, along with other herbs such as a tincture of Echinacea, to safely remove warts.

Thuja occidentalis
    The homeopathic remedy Thuja occidentalis has been used for two centuries to remove warts. Made from the Arbor Vitae tree, Thuja is sold over-the-counter in many health food and specialty stores. This homeopathic remedy will work for most warts and for people with warts on many parts of their bodies. It is not recommended for plantar warts, however, but is useful for bleeding or painful warts other than on the feet. Warts have been shown to reduce in size and disappear when treated with Thuja in 6c potency taken daily.

Ruta Graveolens
    Ruta graveolens is a homeopathic remedy that is useful for plantar warts. Made from the Rue or Bitterwort plant, it can be taken, like Thuja, in 6c potency daily. This remedy is especially useful for smooth, painful plantar warts.

Green Tea
    Drinking green tea helps remove warts. This is because tea contains antioxidants that help boost immune function. Made from the Camellia sinensis plant, green tea extract can be purchased as a concentrated nutritional supplement as well. The recommended dosage to boost immunity is 2500 to 500 mg daily.
    Source: http://www.naturalnews.com/029009_ba...eel_warts.html

I would like to stress that HPV is extremely contagious and most humans carry HPV, so even if you kill the warts and the viruses that cause them, it is highly likely the viruses will return (because of re-infection). A long term solution is to improve the diet to boost the immune system. I suggest you do your own research - search for "immune system boosting foods".

Source: https://youtube.com/watch?v=B6HiZUtRUdo

22. Link to Post #33
    Sweden Avalon Member Maria Stade's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,626 times in 854 posts

I would give him coloidal silver
    D-vitamin and lots of C-vitamin
    And then he should eat or drink tea from this plant !
    http://www.gynostemma.org/
    Dont buy tea buy the plant and it can be keept indoors if the vinter is cold !
    Every person should have one !

Information belonging to the film :

Qore Essentials; is a proprietary blend of 3 traditional Asian herbs, the Crown herb (Immortality herb), Chinese Skullcap and White Korean Ginseng rounds out this power packed daily supplement.

This is the Vitalize portion of the Qore System that will maintain the metabolic functions of the body, supports healthy cardiovascular, healthy joint function, promotes energy, protects against fatigue, supports healthy liver and immune system functions.

Crown herb (Botanical Name Gynostemma Pentaphyllum); is a little known herb that is an adaptagen that has more active ingredients than any single herb found on the planet to date, 4 times as many saponins than Ginseng and works uniquely with the individual body.

The Crown herb [Immortality herb] is an adaptagen that works with the body to help normalize Blood pressure high or low, has very specific effects to help manage blood sugars, blood lipids and is powerfully immune toning the Crown herb strengthens and helps to tone down an over reacting immune system.

Benefits in the following areas; Mental performance improvement, Mood enhancement, Anti fatigue, Anti stress, Chronic fatigue, Cholesterol reduction, Blood Pressure, Digestion, Strength and Endurance, Immunity, Adaptogenic Properties, Antioxidant Properties.

Skullcap; is used in traditional Asian medicines treating allergies, cancer, and as an aspirin-like anti-inflammatory.

White Korean Ginseng; Mental attention and concentration, Lowering blood sugar, Antioxidant properties, Cholesterol reduction, Anti cancer, Immune system stimulation, Physical and Mental improvement

______________________________________________________________________________

This plant is easy to take cuttings and make new plants, get one .. make more and give to friends and family !
    Make tea and eat young leavs as sallad !

Warm regards Maria
    Last edited by Maria Stade; 27th February 2012 at 04:25.
    The planet have given you all that you have !
    What do you give in return ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be the change you wish to see.

23. Link to Post #34
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,709 times in 1,042 posts

I would like to advise that when suggesting natural treatment that you be very careful. Please be clear on what you are suggesting.

Maria you said:

Quote Skullcap; is used in traditional Asian medicines treating allergies, cancer, and as an aspirin-like anti-inflammatory.
    White Korean Ginseng; Mental attention and concentration, Lowering blood sugar, Antioxidant properties, Cholesterol reduction, Anti cancer, Immune system stimulation, Physical and Mental improvement
    This plant is easy to take cuttings and make new plants, get one .. make more and give to friends and family !
    Skullcap’s main medicine value is a nervine. . . it is sedative and soothing and calms nerves.
    Then you mention Korean Ginseng and then talk about “this plant” is easy to take cuttings to make new plants to give to family and make tea and eat the young leaves as sallet. Only the root is used of any ginseng plant . . . .the leaves and stem have no medicinal value. I can only surmise you meant the skullcap herb. But those who have not studied herbalism may not know this.

TargetT you posted about ‘bloodroot black salve’. I agree, and bloodroot is the primary ingredient that I use in my black salves but you notice I did not mention any of the ingredients in my above post. This is because bloodroot black salve should be used carefully with appropriate proprietary herbs. It should be placed very carefully only on the area you want removed and held in place while it works. It will destroy very quickly diseased tissue, warts and skin cancer, but it also can leave a hole or depressed area if not used correctly. There are other herbal salves that are used in conjunction with black salves to heal the tissue and leave little to no scar.

Just be careful folks suggesting natural cures and make sure you do your own research and offer tried and true recipes. Just because these are ‘natural’ elements doesn’t mean there is not harm . . . arsenic is natural.

24. Link to Post #35
    Sweden Avalon Member Maria Stade's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,626 times in 854 posts

Quote Posted by blufire (here)
    I would like to advise that when suggesting natural treatment that you be very careful. Please be clear on what you are suggesting.

Maria you said:

Quote Skullcap; is used in traditional Asian medicines treating allergies, cancer, and as an aspirin-like anti-inflammatory.
    Skullcap’s main medicine value is a nervine. . . it is sedative and soothing and calms nerves.
    Then you mention Korean Ginseng and then talk about “this plant” is easy to take cuttings to make new plants to give to family and make tea and eat the young leaves as sallet. Only the root is used of any ginseng plant . . . .the leaves and stem have no medicinal value. I can only surmise you meant the skullcap herb. But those who have not studied herbalism may not know this.

TargetT you posted about ‘bloodroot black salve’. I agree, and bloodroot is the primary ingredient that I use in my black salves but you notice I did not mention any of the ingredients in my above post. This is because bloodroot black salve should be used carefully with appropriate proprietary herbs. It should be placed very carefully only on the area you want removed and held in place while it works. It will destroy very quickly diseased tissue, warts and skin cancer, but it also can leave a hole or depressed area if not used correctly. There are other herbal salves that are used in conjunction with black salves to heal the tissue and leave little to no scar.

Just be careful folks suggesting natural cures and make sure you do your own research and offer tried and true recipes. Just because these are ‘natural’ elements doesn’t mean there is not harm . . . arsenic is natural.
    The text is information that goes with the film !
    I am only talking of The plant in the film Gynostemma ! Thank you I need to make that more clear !
    The planet have given you all that you have !
    What do you give in return ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be the change you wish to see.

25. Link to Post #36
    Netherlands Avalon Member Trail's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,676 times in 267 posts

Wrub the juice out of the flowers of this plant on the wart and it will be gone in a week or two.

Like wrub it hard enough to damage the flower so it's juices come out.

It's called a 'Goudsbloem' in dutch. According to google translate it's called 'Marigold' in english.

This really works i used to cure a few warts when i was around his age.

It's a very common weed and found everywhere here in Holland. We used to just have em in our garden when i was a kid.
    Last edited by Trail; 27th February 2012 at 19:48.
    Each progressive spirit is opposed by a thousand mediocre minds appointed to guard the past. ~Maurice Maeterlinck
    Its a rare person who wants to hear what he doesn’t want to hear. – Dick Cavett

26. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

Quote Posted by MMA_Fan (here)
    Garlic.
    -Grate, pulverise or blend to a paste, open wart and rub it in. will work 100% within 2 days and it won't come back.
    The Raw Garlic Worked Flawlessly in several days. Thank You, And I see you have retired since.

Gwilda Wiyaka

Mourning Dove Salish

27. The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Jean-Marie (23rd August 2012)

28. Link to Post #38
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,951 times in 812 posts

Quote Posted by Trail (here)
    Wrub the juice out of the flowers of this plant on the wart and it will be gone in a week or two.

Like wrub it hard enough to damage the flower so it's juices come out.

It's called a 'Goudsbloem' in dutch. According to google translate it's called 'Marigold' in english.

This really works i used to cure a few warts when i was around his age.

It's a very common weed and found everywhere here in Holland. We used to just have em in our garden when i was a kid.
    That looks like a lot like a Calendula plant
    Why not now?

29. Link to Post #39
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,543 times in 2,615 posts

Many cases of warts are cured with the homoepathic remedy called Thuja in 30 c repeated days. Warts may take up to 6 to 8 weeks to completely go with this treatment. Topical applications of Thuja mother tincture can also work.

30. Link to Post #40
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

Quote Posted by WhiteFeather (here)
    Quote Posted by Aqua marina (here)
    There are numerous homeopathic remedies to heal warts, but the chosen remedy needs to match all of the person's characteristics and symptoms. Just knowing that someone has warts is not enough. With enough information about the person to select a remedy, warts are easily overcome.
    His immune system has its ups and downs, more down, as i think this could be the culprit. He does also get cold sores as well. I need to beef up his immune system I'm sure. Any suggestions. Echinecea? LMK
    Lysine stops the cold sores and is just a vitamin... couple a day stops them when they are first starting, then wait for the next time. it helps the lips build protection from the sun...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast