+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Want to do something positive?:17th Feb London based ''600 Megawatt Meditation''

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default Want to do something positive?:17th Feb London based ''600 Megawatt Meditation''

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to post this thread in order to let UK members know of a large scale meditation event that will be occurring at Bloomsbury Baptist Church, 235 Shaftesbury Avenue in Central London at 7.00pm on Friday the 17th of Feb for a fee of £5.

Small description:
    ''Join me and 600 other spiritual Londoners for the meditation experience that will be greatly talked about on this plane of reality and other realms for an age to come.

''And as you take your seat in the sanctuary of the ornate half-moon hall,
    your physical body starts to tingle with excitement and anticipation of
    what's to come...Then, slowly, the low hum of 600 meditators chanting the sacred sound of "OM" in unison starts to undulate in the air around you, as waves of powerful
    vibrational energies sweep through your energy body causing all the hairs on your
    arms and back of your neck to stand on ends.''

Here is a link to the event: http://www.meetup.com/journeyoftruth...ents/47134752/

This event is being organized by a gentleman that goes by the name of Todd Acamesis who is a spiritual teacher and out of body explorer. Here is a link (from his website) to his short biography and videos: http://www.journeyoftruth.co.uk/facilitator.html

For those of you that have facebook and want to know more about him here is a link to his FB page: http://www.facebook.com/todd.acamesis
    Last edited by misericordia; 12th February 2012 at 22:49.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to misericordia For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (11th February 2012), Corncrake (11th February 2012), Lisab (11th February 2012), sandy (11th February 2012), seantimberwolf (12th February 2012), silverchimes (12th February 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Want to do something positive?:17th Feb London based ''600 Megawatt Meditation''

ok so who gets the three grand ?

Butcherman

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Default Re: Want to do something positive?:17th Feb London based ''600 Megawatt Meditation''

so if this became popular he could potentily earn £1,095,000.00 per year the tiny fee should be waved just to keep the integrity im sure you wish to keep intact.

Butcherman

5. Link to Post #4
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,438 times in 21,490 posts

My understanding, from discussing this thread with misericordia prior to his posting it, is that he is not associated with the sponsors of this event, so would have no say in whether a fee was charged.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (11th February 2012), meeradas (11th February 2012)

7. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Hi Paul thanks for your answer though I can't recall my mentioning anything about the sponsorship for the event as I don't know a lot about Todd and only found out about this event recently. Also i'm a she. However here is an answer direct from him that he gave to someone with the same question in the comments section of the event page. Furthermore Butcherman he does a lot of free events and this is the first 600 people event he's done even though he's been doing this kind of thing for a few years.

Darren
    Hi Todd, the event looks great gaining momentum now, can I just ask what you will be doing with the proceeds please?
    Posted 5 hours ago

Todd Acamesis
    Hi Darren.
    Yes, definitely gaining momentum! Re your question about proceeds. Very happy to provide an answer. This meetup group is run as a business, and is NOT a registered charity or a 'not for profit'. As things stand, we need 300 people to attend just to breakeven as we've already outlaid for venue hire, AV hire and advertising. Eventual profits will then go back into the business for staging future low cost and free events. I hope this answers your question sufficiently. Happiness, Todd
    Posted 4 hours ago | 1 like

8. Link to Post #6
    Great Britain Avalon Member seantimberwolf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,914 times in 332 posts

Sounds interesting, I must admit I have never mediated with another person before, only on my own I think 600 people would blow my mind, I trend to practise martial or arcane arts when I mediate so I need to be in my living room lol
    Also don't think I could bring my Katana.
    but i might be in london on that day working so might check it out.
    Thanks for ther post

STWolf
    "And if one man could stand tall, There would be hope for us all, Somewhere in the spirit of man!"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to seantimberwolf For This Post:

misericordia (16th February 2012)

+ Reply to Thread