+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Smoking Kills - Experiment, Medical Facts and Statistics

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,461 times in 2,849 posts

Default Re: Smoking Kills - Experiment, Medical Facts and Statistics

I smoked American Spirits in the blue pack before I quit. They were so expensive but no chemicals, or so they advertised. They were so good and lasted about 2 or 3 times as long as a normal cigarette.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Post:

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,374 times in 1,941 posts

Quote Posted by Borden (here)
    Quote Posted by aranuk (here)
    I smoke, I'm nearly 43 years old, and I am tired of being told I shouldn't smoke by obese, sick-looking people who don't give a thought to the million and one ways in which their animal food, toiletries, mobile phones, soft furnishings, etc, etc, etc are killing them.

I am not advocating smoking. I am just saying that the ill-informed hypocrisy of some non-smokers depresses me. Wait a minute ... nicotine is a neuro enhancer? Really? Aaah ... bing-bing-bing!

Anyone else hear that?

Hey, OP, this isn't an attack on you ... I'm sure you have your reasons for posting this. I have some issues with high cholesterol food. Much of it costing untold carnage in the animal kingdom. I'd say that's probably a higher horse and a worthier one.

Borden
    Not what I've heard Borden. Cholesterol is what the body produces for good reasons.
    Try and cut down on the smoking though.

Stan
    I know what you're saying, Stan, I try to keep it to a minimum, but I'm pretty compulsive! I don't smoke packet cigarettes though .. I buy rolling tobacco and filter tips. I know there are still chemicals and rubbish in the rolling tobacco, but I've read that it's a lot less than in packs of twenty. I used to be a Marlboro man, but these days they make me feel sick! Golden Virginia is certainly not untouched by the evil crap they add to the tobacco, but it definitely feels less dire than the packs.

By the way, had some blood tests not long ago, and my cholesterol was 4.7. That, and my blood count made my doc say "how do you do that?" I put it down to diet. My philosophy is that the more good things you do,and the more rubbish you cut out, the more you can afford to allow the things you really like (even if they're not great for you!). Sort of a pebbles at the window theory. (Which do you smoke, btw?)

By the way, AlexanderLight, I'm sorry if I sounded a little angry. I'm sure you have a fair point, and I didn't mean to argue it really ... it was just that I'm so tired of the slanted view on health issues, when I take so many health (and moral food) issues so seriously! Good information, thanks.

Borden
    I roll Golden Virginia the yellow packet milder slightly and cheaper by a quid. I need a rolling tin as I can't do it manually.

Stan
    If you don't follow your spirit without hesitation, you end up following your hesitation without spirit.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to aranuk For This Post:

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,751 times in 1,912 posts

I have not read this whole thread... and fyi I love smoking tobacco ... I have beaten my self up for years because I was told it was "bad" for me... It does not make sense to me that we have big pharma and vaccines that kill and then on the other hand we have this "message" that tobacco is "bad" ??? this has never made sense to me??? tobacco is a natural substance right? So why was it made to be this big bad boogy man? I think it is because it has many beneficial properties just like marijuana....

check this (below link) out!!!!

and plz tell me what you think??? I can provide more but this is a good start....

Much love to us all!!!

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/22...st-lung-cancer

I find it so interesting that most of my most enlightened friends smoke tobacco?? why it that and for the record we are over 50 years young and early arriver light-workers?? And we are very healthy !!!
    Last edited by Kimberley; 12th February 2012 at 00:32.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kimberley For This Post:

Mark (12th February 2012), meeradas (12th February 2012), norman (12th February 2012)

7. Link to Post #24
    Borden

I smoke, I'm nearly 43 years old, and I am tired of being told I shouldn't smoke by obese, sick-looking people who don't give a thought to the million and one ways in which their animal food, toiletries, mobile phones, soft furnishings, etc, etc, etc are killing them.

I am not advocating smoking. I am just saying that the ill-informed hypocrisy of some non-smokers depresses me. Wait a minute ... nicotine is a neuro enhancer? Really? Aaah ... bing-bing-bing!

Anyone else hear that?

Hey, OP, this isn't an attack on you ... I'm sure you have your reasons for posting this. I have some issues with high cholesterol food. Much of it costing untold carnage in the animal kingdom. I'd say that's probably a higher horse and a worthier one.

Borden
    Not what I've heard Borden. Cholesterol is what the body produces for good reasons.
    Try and cut down on the smoking though.

Stan
    I know what you're saying, Stan, I try to keep it to a minimum, but I'm pretty compulsive! I don't smoke packet cigarettes though .. I buy rolling tobacco and filter tips. I know there are still chemicals and rubbish in the rolling tobacco, but I've read that it's a lot less than in packs of twenty. I used to be a Marlboro man, but these days they make me feel sick! Golden Virginia is certainly not untouched by the evil crap they add to the tobacco, but it definitely feels less dire than the packs.

By the way, had some blood tests not long ago, and my cholesterol was 4.7. That, and my blood count made my doc say "how do you do that?" I put it down to diet. My philosophy is that the more good things you do,and the more rubbish you cut out, the more you can afford to allow the things you really like (even if they're not great for you!). Sort of a pebbles at the window theory. (Which do you smoke, btw?)

By the way, AlexanderLight, I'm sorry if I sounded a little angry. I'm sure you have a fair point, and I didn't mean to argue it really ... it was just that I'm so tired of the slanted view on health issues, when I take so many health (and moral food) issues so seriously! Good information, thanks.

Borden
    I roll Golden Virginia the yellow packet milder slightly and cheaper by a quid. I need a rolling tin as I can't do it manually.

Stan
    Oh Stan ... if we weren't hundreds of miles apart I'd roll 'em for you, mate! That sounds deeply annoying ... I'm guessing arthritis or something like that, but I'll mind my own business. (Though I bloody hope someone is helping you out!)

Rahkyt ... I did try American Spirit, but everyone hated the way it smelled! Also, it got so dry so quickly, and it annoyed me. It was like smoking dust ... I want to go back to it though, if that advice about putting a piece of apple in the pack works (keeps it moist).

Borden

8. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

Really, Borden??? I can't remember having that problem with them ... the inhale was a lot "heavier" than with regular, chemical-filled cigarettes like Marlboros. I was a Reds smoker all the time previous to my smoking Spirits. After starting those, smoking a Marlboro was always crazy because one cigarette was gone in like 3 minutes! As soon as you lit it, those chemicals must have done something to the paper and the tobacco because they most certainly burned a lot quicker than non chemically-laced cigarettes.

I've noticed that about smokers as well, Kimberley. I think it has to do with those interesting properties of nicotine. it's funny, this thread was meant to be a rallying call against cigarettes but we've turned it into something else entirely. I think the OP might return and complain to the Mods that we've taken the thread off-topic and get us all a 3-day vacation.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

Kimberley (12th February 2012)

10. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member Whiskey_Mystic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,200 times in 1,024 posts

Yeah, Borden. I think you got some bad product. The only factory rolled fags I've ever liked were American Spirit and Nat Shermans.
    "We sit together, the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains." -Li Po

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Whiskey_Mystic For This Post:

Mark (13th February 2012)

12. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

This is a topic that is so on the top of my list... so I want to add some more...

When I was doing the medical model thing and getting yearly check ups (stopped doing that 8 years ago) I had a great cardiologist DR and even he told me that my chances of getting lung cancer from smoking were statistically minuscule!!!

Please remember that thoughts/beliefs create and if you chose to believe tobacco causes cancer so it does!!! And I remind you to ask what are the benefits from smoking tobacco?

From my research there are MANY benefits from smoking tobacco!!!

Do your own research!!! do not believe me!!! I know nothing!!

Much love to us all!!!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kimberley For This Post:

Mark (13th February 2012), meeradas (12th February 2012)

14. Link to Post #28
    Netherlands Avalon Member GaelVictor's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,536 times in 316 posts

I should start smoking again, so many positive vibes here.
    "Dodecahedron; 12 faces 20 points 30 edges 6480 degrees"

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GaelVictor For This Post:

Kimberley (12th February 2012), Mark (13th February 2012), meeradas (12th February 2012)

16. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

I am bumping this thread!!! bump bump bump!!!
    Much love!!!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimberley For This Post:

18. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

I have to add my two cents here. Some of you know that my mother was diagnosed with COPD and was given 3-6months to live NOV2010- this was due to her smoking regular cheap cigs; Well, May (the 6th month) came and went; she continued to smoke; June 2011, she was diagnosed with cancer; I took her to the radiation treatments (I personally am very much against this type of 'treatment') and there she was, out side the cancer center with her oxygen tank, puffing away. She had a better chance of dying from an oxygen explosion then dying from cigarettes or cancer. So those treatments came and went. NOV 2011, she was admitted to the nursing home because my father and I couldn't take care of her anymore at the house. She hardly eats now, doesn't smoke anymore, doesn't drink alcohol-she does drink pepsi. The doctors are amazed as to why she lived through as much as she has (including infections, seizures, and so on). They thought for sure smoking was killing her. NOPE. She defies all medical logic (if there is such a thing).
    I just quit smoking because I noticed my energy level was different when I didn't smoke. But I only smoked maybe 4 - 5 cigarettes a day. Plus the more I began meditating, the more I noticed that I was feeling more nauseous after just a half of a cigarette (american spirit brand).
    If you're not learning, you're not living

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taizen For This Post:

20. Link to Post #31
    Borden

Quote Posted by Whiskey_Mystic (here)
    Yeah, Borden. I think you got some bad product. The only factory rolled fags I've ever liked were American Spirit and Nat Shermans.
    I think it might have been that I was smoking American Spirit rolling tobacco rather than packs. I know they put humectants in the other tobacco, and without them, the American Spirit got really dry and wasn't a satisfying smoke. I'm sure you and Rahkyt are right, but the packs are expensive!

Borden

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Rahkyt (here)
    Really, Borden??? I can't remember having that problem with them ... the inhale was a lot "heavier" than with regular, chemical-filled cigarettes like Marlboros. I was a Reds smoker all the time previous to my smoking Spirits. After starting those, smoking a Marlboro was always crazy because one cigarette was gone in like 3 minutes! As soon as you lit it, those chemicals must have done something to the paper and the tobacco because they most certainly burned a lot quicker than non chemically-laced cigarettes.

I've noticed that about smokers as well, Kimberley. I think it has to do with those interesting properties of nicotine. it's funny, this thread was meant to be a rallying call against cigarettes but we've turned it into something else entirely. I think the OP might return and complain to the Mods that we've taken the thread off-topic and get us all a 3-day vacation.
    Well, you have a point there. I do take the OP's point however, and smoking does indeed have a negative impact on people's health. I just can't help thinking it has more to do with the 'secret sauce' than the actual tobacco.

Borden

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Borden For This Post:

22. Link to Post #32
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,543 times in 2,615 posts

Quote Posted by Kimberley (here)
    This is a topic that is so on the top of my list... so I want to add some more...

When I was doing the medical model thing and getting yearly check ups (stopped doing that 8 years ago) I had a great cardiologist DR and even he told me that my chances of getting lung cancer from smoking were statistically minuscule!!!

Please remember that thoughts/beliefs create and if you chose to believe tobacco causes cancer so it does!!! And I remind you to ask what are the benefits from smoking tobacco?

From my research there are MANY benefits from smoking tobacco!!!
    Do your own research!!! do not believe me!!! I know nothing!!
    Much love to us all!!!
    I wonder what stats or why your cardiologist said what he said. Next time ask him... perhaps he has some inside info that we lessor peons are not permitted to have?

I think that this has gotten off topic because some of us feel deep inside that we are being douped by the powers that be regarding cigarette smoking..
    I don't beleive that it is the main cause of lung cancer. The main cause of lung cancer is above ground nuclear testing that this US nation has endured plenty of since the inception of nuclear science.. and the rest of the world as well.

How many nuclear particles in your lungs does it take to cause lung cancer? I cant seem to find a single person or a single authority who is willing to venture a guess.

I have seen more patients die of lung cancer who never smoked as compared to those who smoked. Plenty of sweet little old mormon ladies who never took a puff in their lives are quite dead dead dead from lung cancer. No second hand smoke around either but plenty of radioactive dust blowing around for the last 65 years... and which will continue blowing around for the next 50,000 years or more.

So the thread has gone off topic i think because some of us just dont buy the premise.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

24. Link to Post #33
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,989 times in 1,749 posts

Me too Lysander, I bough my first 510 'Titan' about 2 years back and have moved onto Mods and variable voltage
    e-cigs like the Pro-Vari. I still smoke a few tobacco cigs but nowhere near what i used to. If you are a smoker,
    please take a look at E-Cigs, you will be very glad-I am not promoting any particular brand, there are many.
    cheers

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

26. Link to Post #34
    Borden

Quote Posted by GalaxyHorse (here)
    Me too Lysander, I bough my first 510 'Titan' about 2 years back and have moved onto Mods and variable voltage
    e-cigs like the Pro-Vari. I still smoke a few tobacco cigs but nowhere near what i used to. If you are a smoker,
    please take a look at E-Cigs, you will be very glad-I am not promoting any particular brand, there are many.
    cheers
    I would try those electronic cigarettes, but they're so difficult to light.

Seriously though, do they give you anything like a 'hit' the way a tobacco cigarette does? Maybe I should give them a try. I tried the gum for a while once but it did nothing to stop me wanting a smoke. Thanks.

Borden

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Borden For This Post:

28. Link to Post #35
    United States Avalon Member dreamer's Avatar
    Thanks

I had an "ah'ha" moment the other day, I was going on about chemtrails with an un educated co worker of mine yesterday, and the whole time I was smoking my pall malls. im thinking I should be more concerned about things closer to home, that I can fix....
    Blessed is he who clearly see's the world for the trees, to attain a birds eye is to turn a blizzard to a breeze.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dreamer For This Post:

Mark (13th February 2012), Whiskey_Mystic (12th February 2012)

30. Link to Post #36
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Marijuana. 63 natural chemicals that work with the body, NO deaths in thousands of years. Takes 900 joints smoked in 15 minutes to over dose. NObody, even Superman, can smoke that fast in 15 minutes.

Are WE the people free to choose?
    I chose the safer.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

32. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

Marijuana and Tobacco both have spirits. I've been told that the spirit of Marijuana is a female spirit. When we smoke either, we come under the influence of the spirit that inhabits the plants, a collective consciousness, I am sure, as each plant contains a wisp of the overall consciousness, much like Psilocybin, shrooms. I did Sweat Lodges in the Apache and Mexican traditions for a few years and as a part of the Apache Lodge ceremony the pipe used to be passed around at the end of the last Darkness, before the sweat ended, when the grandmothers - and those of us within the Lodge - were calm, their, our, work done. When smoking in that tradition, there is no inhale down into the lungs, you hold it in your mouth as you manipulate the flames and then blow it out. The Sweat leader, an Elder, pure-blood Apache, told us that it is a communication with the Tecanchilas and the smoke is visible to them. Something to do with colors beyond human sight, intentions, destiny and such things.

Dealing with the sacred in a profane manner must retain some aspect of the sacred, whether we are conscious of it or not. The properties of both drugs are definitely well in line with the propensities we've all born witness to of smokers engaging in thoughtful and penetrating conversation, or the smoke being conducive to introspective and insightful ruminations.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

taizen (17th February 2012)

34. Link to Post #38
    Thanks

Everything in moderation folks! We have all been bombarded with health warnings, nasty pictures, and massive campaigns to combat smoking. I agree with some of it. I don't agree with being penalised price-wise under the guise of combating underage smoking.

I limit my smoking to 1-2 a day now, unless consuming alcohol. It is very relaxing and it helps me write. Also, after a hearty meal it's quite enjoyable.

Thanks for the info OP
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who only dream by night

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueGem For This Post:

Mark (13th February 2012), taizen (17th February 2012)

36. Link to Post #39
    United States Avalon Member Aquai's Avatar
    Thanks

there was a thread around here somewhere that pointed out the benefits of "all natural" tobacco products... including a graph/study that 60% (or more) of Japan smokes cigarettes but they have one of the lowest rates of cancer in the world!! It was very interesting. Ill try to find a link to it

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aquai For This Post:

38. Link to Post #40
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,790 times in 463 posts

I have the electronic cig too, helped me A LOT!!!

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pugwash84 For This Post:

RMorgan (14th February 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast