+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Required Listening: Howard Stern on Ellen, JC Penney, Bullied Gay Kids

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member SEAM's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,234 times in 361 posts

Default Required Listening: Howard Stern on Ellen, JC Penney, Bullied Gay Kids

Whether you like him or not.. some powerful thoughts everyone should consider.

Source: http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/arc...bachmann-et-al

2. The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to SEAM For This Post:

Alan (12th February 2012), Camilo (12th February 2012), Carmen (12th February 2012), Cartomancer (11th February 2012), CdnSirian (12th February 2012), Cidersomerset (11th February 2012), Conaire (14th February 2012), conk (12th February 2012), Corncrake (13th February 2012), Debra (12th February 2012), DianeKJ (11th February 2012), Earth Angel (11th February 2012), efields (13th February 2012), Franny (12th February 2012), Isthatso (23rd February 2012), Kimberley (11th February 2012), Lisab (12th February 2012), m1i1c2h3a5e8l (16th February 2012), Maia Gabrial (14th February 2012), modwiz (11th February 2012), nearing (12th February 2012), Phoenix (12th February 2012), sandy (13th February 2012), Snowbird (12th February 2012), spiritguide (12th February 2012), sunflower (12th February 2012), Swanette (12th February 2012), tcjim1 (23rd February 2012), transitionalman (11th February 2012), Zampano (11th February 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,632 times in 18,693 posts

Default Re: Required Listening: Howard Stern on Ellen, JC Penney, Bullied Gay Kids

I know what you mean Seam, Howard Stern is not everyone cup of tea, but what he says is spot on in this extract......( bewarned contains swearing)

Cheers steve..
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 11th February 2012 at 21:53.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Ecnal61 (12th February 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,543 times in 2,615 posts

Default Re: Required Listening: Howard Stern on Ellen, JC Penney, Bullied Gay Kids

Howard Stern is an enlightened being, a sovereign
    His depth of perception is not limited by social convention, bargaining nor manipulation
    and those who try to marginalize him are in their own bondage

Remember, those who are enligthened and who have consciousness
    cannot be seen or known for who they are by those who are slaves
    and controlled by dogma and rules and laws created by controllers, politicians and religous dictators

and yes, most of the time Stern is not my cup of tea.
    His projections of anger are hard for me to be around
    and all that he teaches can be done without that vibe
    if he ever chooses to get past it

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Camilo (12th February 2012), Delight (12th February 2012), Snowbird (12th February 2012), sunflower (11th February 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,204 times in 958 posts

Stern is right on the money here. He is one dude I would not want to get on the wrong side of. He is a very intelligent person. If everyone would just leave gay people alone there would be no problems at all. I don't blame them for being militant about their sexuality given persecution like Stern describes here.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cartomancer For This Post:

Camilo (12th February 2012), Snowbird (12th February 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,751 times in 1,912 posts

While watching the Stern video I found this one that is in my opinion even more incredible!!! WOW thank you Bill O. !!!

Last edited by Kimberley; 11th February 2012 at 23:09.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kimberley For This Post:

Camilo (12th February 2012), Carmen (12th February 2012), Cartomancer (11th February 2012), CdnSirian (12th February 2012), Corncrake (13th February 2012), Lisab (12th February 2012), sunflower (12th February 2012)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,543 times in 2,615 posts

Bill O'Rielly? Im stunned.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Camilo (12th February 2012)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member Snowbird's Avatar
    The CORPORATION of the United States of America
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,082 posts

I love Ellen's new(er) hair cut. It is perfect for her. She's great!
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
    Plato

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

14. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

The ignorance is monumental here guys. There are over 400 steps in the formative stages of fetal growth that can go awry when determining gender status. Some mis-steps create gay macho men, some flaming theatrical gay men, some create ambiguous genitals, some with both genitals, the gamut! People, wake the F up! Gays are BORN. It's not a decision!!!

15. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member xbusymom's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,188 times in 396 posts

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    The ignorance is monumental here guys. There are over 400 steps in the formative stages of fetal growth that can go awry when determining gender status. Some mis-steps create gay macho men, some flaming theatrical gay men, some create ambiguous genitals, some with both genitals, the gamut! People, wake the F up! Gays are BORN. It's not a decision!!!
    I feel the only decision is in whether or not you will be true to yourself.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xbusymom For This Post:

Camilo (12th February 2012), CdnSirian (12th February 2012), conk (12th February 2012)

17. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,794 times in 6,634 posts

funny if you hate/kill the right people you become a general and rewarded, if you hate/kill the wrong people the system turns against you. hate the terrorist, hate the gays, hate corporations, join our group hoorah, hate the military, embrace the terroist, love the gays, your a wacko. why can't everybody love everybody ? they both promote the same agenda. one against the other. depends on perceptions and which side of the line you stand on. i say remove the line n see we r all on the same earth.... promote peace not war, united not divided... the matrix must fall.... some are mad because one person loves another, if you hate another you can be a politician, judge,
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Carmen (12th February 2012), EsmaEverheart (16th February 2012), schneider (12th February 2012)

19. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,263 times in 5,712 posts

Quote Posted by Arrowwind (here)
    Howard Stern is an enlightened being, a sovereign
    His depth of perception is not limited by social convention, bargaining nor manipulation
    and those who try to marginalize him are in their own bondage

Remember, those who are enligthened and who have consciousness
    cannot be seen or known for who they are by those who are slaves
    and controlled by dogma and rules and laws created by controllers, politicians and religous dictators

and yes, most of the time Stern is not my cup of tea.
    His projections of anger are hard for me to be around
    and all that he teaches can be done without that vibe
    if he ever chooses to get past it
    Your statement is soo absolutely my cup of tea. I too am not attracted much by anger and shock tactics but I have always thought he is demonstrating sovereignty and mastery. In conversations with people, I have said that masters cannot be identified from the point of view of those who are conditioned to follow the edicts of the herd. Masters are not to be seen by their "doings". Some will never be visible at all.

We who aspire to mastery don't have to like the behavior and we ourselves are given the same latitude to follow our own inner direction. AND when people do that, they cannot look to others for verification. This loneliness of following the inner dictates makes people give up sometimes because they are herd identified and shunned. At others, it may cause Ego to kick in trying to convince/manipulate others to follow. It is the razor's edge to be in mastery and so it should be... no way to short cut the completion process. Delight

20. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,263 times in 5,712 posts

Oh, I just want to clarify that I am NOT saying Howard Stearn IS a Master but is demonstrating characteristics of sovereignty and mastery. In case someone is interested, here are some pointers to Masters (I am also not 100% endorsing this take either as gospel but it has much I really like and aspire to emulate). Delight

http://umsonline.org/Reading/PastIss...ticsMaster.htm

Characteristics of a
    Spiritual Master
    (anonymous: circulating on internet)

* A Master expresses and is sensitive to beauty in all forms.

* A Master never directs attention to himself. He is egoless.

* A Master has respect for all members of the Nature kingdoms.

* A Master’s very presence radiates power.

* Unconditional love is a basic quality of a Master. A Master never judges, is always impersonal, detached and yet compassionate.

* A true Master is a Master of Wisdom. His understanding of life and Cosmic laws far exceeds those of the average person.

* A Master, though possessing some or all spiritual and psychic powers renounces their use except for emergencies and urgencies. He, therefore will hardly ever reveal to anyone that he has them.

* A Master never commands he simply suggests, he never instills fear but awakens courage. He never makes you feel bad about yourself; on the contrary, he helps you build self-esteem.

* As a rule, a Master never predicts a person’s future and he never flatters the human ego.

* A Master will always lead and direct you to the ultimate goal. Though he may teach the lower laws, truths and forces applicable to the improvement of mundane life, he will not place too much emphasis upon them, instructing that the phenomenal world is nothing but a dream and is illusory from the absolute perspective.

* A Master seldom speaks of his past, himself, his background, etc., unless it is pertinent and useful as illustrations in the conveyance of spiritual teachings to others.

* A Master is universal and non-sectarian in his attitudes. He sees all men as an expression of the Supreme, regardless of their religious leanings, their color, race, sex, etc.

* A true Master is creatively original. Being enlightened by his own divine essence a Master would teach or even write books directly from his heart and own experience. He would never plagiarize the work of another or teach things that are outmoded.

* Masters do not argue. They know that no amount of argument would convince the skeptic, and to those who are true seekers no argument would be necessary.

* A Master embodies most, if not all, of the divine virtues.

* Although compassionate, a Master never sympathize with the feelings of the human ego for he does not recognize imperfection. He is simply aware of the perfection of God indwelling in the divine spark within microcosmic man.

* A Master has no longer any egoic desires, he no longer functions from the personality level; he has long given up his human will in favor of the expression of the Divine Will of God.

* A true Master does not hasten a student’s psychic growth prematurely by any “transference” of power. He always predominately concentrates upon raising the consciousness, improving character, spirituality, and increasing the wisdom and the understanding of his students.

* A Master never judges the outer person of others but looks into the depths of their soul for value.

* A Master never makes others feel guilty in any way.

* Although detached, impersonal, and sometimes seemingly aloof, a Master is full of affection for his chelas (students).

* A Master appreciates every small service that is offered to him and the great work of manifesting the Divine Plan.

Perhaps one of the most outstanding and admirable characteristics of Spiritual Masters is that they do not consider themselves Masters. This is their humility. They know that they still have a considerable amount of things to master and learn. They are so aware that they are still undergoing the learning process that they are embarrassed to call themselves “Masters” or have anyone else call them that. In performing their divine and spiritual duties Spiritual Masters declare: “It is not I that works but the ‘Father’ within me.”
    Last edited by Delight; 12th February 2012 at 19:03.

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Carmen (12th February 2012), Debra (12th February 2012), m1i1c2h3a5e8l (16th February 2012), schneider (12th February 2012), selinam (13th February 2012), spiritguide (12th February 2012)

22. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,575 times in 2,121 posts

Thanks for posting this. Howard Stern has a great voice. His swearing is acceptable to me because it is honest and ALWAYS well meaning.

23. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 times in 818 posts

I totally agree with Stern. In fact I'm surprised the anti-gays haven't taken over your thread by now like happened here: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?40215-The-Kaye-Griggs-testimony

I personally am shocked that "spiritual" people here expect to ascend to the 5th dimension or be "raptured" with these attitudes. Are you going to spend eternity scape-goating all the gays? There's much more important things to worry about like Politicans going to Bohemian Grove, Flouride & toxins in our food, GM plants, etc.
    “There is no coming to consciousness without pain. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.” -- Carl Jung

"To see the farm is to leave the farm."

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Mulder For This Post:

modwiz (12th February 2012)

25. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,067 times in 364 posts

The ignorance is monumental here guys. There are over 400 steps in the formative stages of fetal growth that can go awry when determining gender status. Some mis-steps create gay macho men, some flaming theatrical gay men, ...
    Wow, so gays are the result of fetal growth going awry, huh? Where did you learn this?

You're absolutely right, the ignorance is monumental HERE.
    Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, does it improve on the silence?

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Alan For This Post:

modwiz (12th February 2012)

27. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,684 times in 8,938 posts

Quote Posted by alamojo (here)
    The ignorance is monumental here guys. There are over 400 steps in the formative stages of fetal growth that can go awry when determining gender status. Some mis-steps create gay macho men, some flaming theatrical gay men, ...
    Wow, so gays are the result of fetal growth going awry, huh? Where did you learn this?

You are right now showing us your lack of education and thorought ignorance. Go back to school and take some biology classes. If you do not want to get schooled in sciences, then at least read a bit.

Conk is right here and seems to know much more about basic feotal biology than you will ever do.

Nature versus nurture: at least 80% is nature here.

28. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,312 times in 2,098 posts

Can we be sure itʻs a mis-step and not part of the way life is supposed to be? For example, some have had deep hypnosis experiences where they say they chose prior to birth whether to be gay or straight, male or female, tom-boy or girly-girl, healthy or not, etc as simply another role to play and learn from during incarnation cycles. Something to consider.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

Beren (13th February 2012), East Sun (16th February 2012)

30. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member Whiskey_Mystic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,200 times in 1,024 posts

Quote Posted by Delight (here)
    Oh, I just want to clarify that I am NOT saying Howard Stearn IS a Master but is demonstrating characteristics of sovereignty and mastery. In case someone is interested, here are some pointers to Masters (I am also not 100% endorsing this take either as gospel but it has much I really like and aspire to emulate). Delight

http://umsonline.org/Reading/PastIss...ticsMaster.htm

Characteristics of a
    Spiritual Master
    (anonymous: circulating on internet)

* A Master expresses and is sensitive to beauty in all forms.

* A Master never directs attention to himself. He is egoless.

* A Master has respect for all members of the Nature kingdoms.

* A Master’s very presence radiates power.

* Unconditional love is a basic quality of a Master. A Master never judges, is always impersonal, detached and yet compassionate.

* A true Master is a Master of Wisdom. His understanding of life and Cosmic laws far exceeds those of the average person.

* A Master, though possessing some or all spiritual and psychic powers renounces their use except for emergencies and urgencies. He, therefore will hardly ever reveal to anyone that he has them.

* A Master never commands he simply suggests, he never instills fear but awakens courage. He never makes you feel bad about yourself; on the contrary, he helps you build self-esteem.

* As a rule, a Master never predicts a person’s future and he never flatters the human ego.

* A Master will always lead and direct you to the ultimate goal. Though he may teach the lower laws, truths and forces applicable to the improvement of mundane life, he will not place too much emphasis upon them, instructing that the phenomenal world is nothing but a dream and is illusory from the absolute perspective.

* A Master seldom speaks of his past, himself, his background, etc., unless it is pertinent and useful as illustrations in the conveyance of spiritual teachings to others.

* A Master is universal and non-sectarian in his attitudes. He sees all men as an expression of the Supreme, regardless of their religious leanings, their color, race, sex, etc.

* A true Master is creatively original. Being enlightened by his own divine essence a Master would teach or even write books directly from his heart and own experience. He would never plagiarize the work of another or teach things that are outmoded.

* Masters do not argue. They know that no amount of argument would convince the skeptic, and to those who are true seekers no argument would be necessary.

* A Master embodies most, if not all, of the divine virtues.

* Although compassionate, a Master never sympathize with the feelings of the human ego for he does not recognize imperfection. He is simply aware of the perfection of God indwelling in the divine spark within microcosmic man.

* A Master has no longer any egoic desires, he no longer functions from the personality level; he has long given up his human will in favor of the expression of the Divine Will of God.

* A true Master does not hasten a student’s psychic growth prematurely by any “transference” of power. He always predominately concentrates upon raising the consciousness, improving character, spirituality, and increasing the wisdom and the understanding of his students.

* A Master never judges the outer person of others but looks into the depths of their soul for value.

* A Master never makes others feel guilty in any way.

* Although detached, impersonal, and sometimes seemingly aloof, a Master is full of affection for his chelas (students).

* A Master appreciates every small service that is offered to him and the great work of manifesting the Divine Plan.

Perhaps one of the most outstanding and admirable characteristics of Spiritual Masters is that they do not consider themselves Masters. This is their humility. They know that they still have a considerable amount of things to master and learn. They are so aware that they are still undergoing the learning process that they are embarrassed to call themselves “Masters” or have anyone else call them that. In performing their divine and spiritual duties Spiritual Masters declare: “It is not I that works but the ‘Father’ within me.”
    I would like to point out that this is a belief system. I would agree that it is likely the most widely held, but not universally so. I have met spiritual Masters and Taoist lineage holders that were, socially, complete assholes. I understand that most belief systems cannot support this or cannot have room for it. I understand that the stated belief system will then say "Then they were not Masters". I understand this point of view. I offer another. I guess you just have to choose to believe me based on what you know of me, or not. _()_
    Last edited by Whiskey_Mystic; 12th February 2012 at 20:23.
    "We sit together, the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains." -Li Po

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Whiskey_Mystic For This Post:

East Sun (16th February 2012)

32. Link to Post #19
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

When it comes to gender determination in the body, one needs to be open to the many combinations that are possible. If there are over 400 steps that determine the gender of the fetus, then there is a good chance that there will be many variations on that process. We need to stop judging people simply because they aren't in the " normal range of sexual expression".

33. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,067 times in 364 posts

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Quote Posted by alamojo (here)

You are right now showing us your lack of education and thorought ignorance. Go back to school and take some biology classes. If you do not want to get schooled in sciences, then at least read a bit.

Conk is right here and seems to know much more about basic feotal biology than you will ever do.

Nature versus nurture: at least 80% is nature here.
    Flash, thank you for your constructive comments. If you can point me to a biology textbook which agrees with you I will be glad to study it.
    Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, does it improve on the silence?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast