+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Would you do it?

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member cloud9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,796 times in 663 posts

Default Would you do it?

I have been watching this videos for the last few days and I've got to confess that I'm feeling very inspired to try this, if not 100% at least incorporating the most I can in my daily life.
    This concept goes further than raw food and it seems very liberating even those who are struggling thinking about running to the hills and start farming, also getting free of the kitchen is even better!!! Yipiiiii!!!!
    This information is so amazing and complete that I felt compelled to share it with all of you. Please watch the videos, go to his channel and share your opinions here.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to cloud9 For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (13th February 2012), Alan (12th February 2012), aranuk (12th February 2012), D-Day (12th February 2012), Ecnal61 (12th February 2012), Heart-2-Heart (13th February 2012), Holly Lindin (13th February 2012), jessamy99 (14th February 2012), John Parslow (13th February 2012), meeradas (12th February 2012), modwiz (12th February 2012), NeverMind (13th February 2012), nimmer (12th February 2012), Orion142 (12th February 2012), RunningDeer (13th February 2012), transitionalman (12th February 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,851 times in 3,178 posts

Default Re: Would you do it?

Awesome. Thanks!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

cloud9 (12th February 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 times in 436 posts

I just got a book on Superfood snacks written by a women who used what they are referring to as 'superfoods' to cure (she used that word)
    herself of fibromylgia.
    Since I have this as well (which is caused by Vit. C, chronic deficiency...as far as I am concerned), I thought I give it a read.
    (and our local library carries a book with a similar title....so these books can be gotten without necessarily buying them).

I don't feel I need completely raw (and I get pretty sick on raw myself), but a tad of 'raw' is better than none. I try to have
    citrus everyday (from now own). It helps a lot.
    Maybe I will watch the videos (though it is almost impossible for me to do so).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to eileenrose For This Post:

7. Link to Post #4
    Great Britain Avalon Member Orion142's Avatar
    Thanks

This is really good info from Markus. It certainly is food for thought.(If you pardon the pun) Good posting Cloud 9. Thanks.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Orion142 For This Post:

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

I am going to make some of that tea and i have a huge rosemary bush in my garden so i will also try rubbing some sprigs of that on my head and see what happens,its been a long time since i owned a comb or needed shampoo...oh to have my own bottle of conditioner [macho brands of course] LOL.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ecnal61 For This Post:

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

I think that what it takes this further than raw vegetables and fruits is the fact that this guy is reliving the importance of herbs and incorporating them in his daily diet, plants and herbs that everybody has at hand in their backyards, there's no need to grow them as they are already there in abundance, we call them weeds. What he says about the universe giving you what you need just right in front of you made me think...
    When I was a child my grandmother used to make salads with lettuce and quite a few herbs from the front yard as we never had a real garden.

I just wanted to add that usually we use herbs (the ones of us that do so) just when we are sick but he uses them as regular daily food, that's what impressed me, why I didn't think of that?
    Last edited by cloud9; 12th February 2012 at 14:51.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cloud9 For This Post:

Holly Lindin (13th February 2012), modwiz (12th February 2012), RunningDeer (13th February 2012), seko (12th February 2012)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

It's more than just eating raw, it's avoiding cooked food. Cooked foods are depleted of their nutrients and living essence. The living essence is energy and enzymes. Killing the enzymes forces the internal organs to release their own enzymes to enable digestion, enzymes they need for their own function. Over time these organs will fail and dis-ease will result. The poor pancreas is greatly abused by eating cooked foods. Additionally, cooking foods creates a carcinogenic compound (forget the name) that greatly impairs the immune system.

Many wonderful things have been attributed to a raw diet, a 100% raw diet. Things like dis-ease disappearing, women experiencing NO pain during childbirth, greatly enhanced spiritual abilities.

I'd say I'm at around 70% raw and working toward a higher percentage. It's not easy in modern world.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

cloud9 (12th February 2012), Holly Lindin (13th February 2012), ivan (13th February 2012), modwiz (12th February 2012)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,180 times in 550 posts

There is an important factor to consider when choosing this particular path: some substances (such as lycopene, to name just one) only become bio-available, or their bio-availability is greatly enhanced, after they have been exposed to high temperatures (lightly cooked).

I, for one, am happy with being "just" an ovo-lacto-vegetarian. :-)
    Last edited by NeverMind; 12th February 2012 at 17:55.
    ET SI OMNES, EGO NON

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NeverMind For This Post:

cloud9 (12th February 2012), conk (15th February 2012), modwiz (12th February 2012), RunningDeer (12th February 2012)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,302 times in 18,139 posts

Please see below for article #23. It's information on how a range of 16 cook methods enhances the energetics of foods. It also touches one sided eating such as an “all raw diet” eventually effects one’s physiology, psychology, emotions and spirit bodies.

I've learned how to use the quoted posts, so this is my attempt "keep it green and recycle"

Thanks,
    WhiteCrowBlackDeer
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 14th February 2012 at 14:20. Reason: add an informative article 3-4 posts below this one called, "Macrobiotics Lifestyle and the Energetics of Food"

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

cloud9 (12th February 2012), ivan (13th February 2012), modwiz (12th February 2012), NeverMind (12th February 2012)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by WhiteCrowBlackDeer (here)

BTW: In macrobiotics, there are diverse cooking methods to brings out the different yin/yang energies within the foods. I think in the end there are pluses and minuses to each method.
    I would love to hear more about them.
    (I don't think it would be hijacking the thread. I certainly hope not.)
    ET SI OMNES, EGO NON

20. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

I just listened to this documentary on distilled water and it fits in with a protocol of detox and ingesting that which keeps the body healthy and free of harmful chemicals.

""In the body's infinite wisdom, the main credo is "First, do no Harm". Infinite intelligence moves Inorganic and unusable minerals, found in well, spring and "special waters" that cost money, to those parts of the body least likely to have problems with it. Drink enough of these dead, inorganic minerals and the body eventually must place toxins such as Fluoride, Chlorine, Cryptosporidia, Giardia lambia, Arsenic, Barium, Boron, Cadmium, Cobalt, Iron, Lead, Mercury, Nickel, Selenium, Vanadium, RADIUM, Chloride, Nitrate, Ammonia, Trifluralin, Dicamba, Bromoxynil, Trialletel, Benzene, Bromoform, Carbon tetrachloride, Chlorobenzene, Chloroform, Toluene, Phenol, Fluoranthen, Hexachloroethane, Isophorone, Nitrobenzene, Phenanthrene and about 20 other toxic, odorless and tasteless inorganic compounds in places where harm IS INEVITABLE. This leads to the obvious results: Arthritis, eye disorders, brain dysfunction, auto-immune disorders and many other "dis-eases". These compounds came from tests run by the University of Pennsylvania & Carnegie Mellon University. Distilled water removes all of the above, including RADIATION from nuclear mishaps!""

http://www.in5d.com/andrew-norton-we...eal-gland.html

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

cloud9 (12th February 2012), conk (15th February 2012), MessiahMews (17th May 2012), modwiz (12th February 2012)

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Thank you cloud9 this is amazing news!

As a result of this I think im in for a dietary change!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Russ1959 For This Post:

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by NeverMind (here)
    Quote Posted by WhiteCrowBlackDeer (here)

BTW: In macrobiotics, there are diverse cooking methods to brings out the different yin/yang energies within the foods. I think in the end there are pluses and minuses to each method.
    I would love to hear more about them.
    (I don't think it would be hijacking the thread. I certainly hope not.)
    I'd really like to have a discussion here about everything concerning food, natural remedies and so on. If members have use herbs or natural remedies, what has it worked and for what?

I'm not even a vegetarian but I try to eat mostly vegetables raw and cooked and I'm in the process of eliminating carbohydrates other than the ones in veggies from my diet, also I use herbs and natural remedies and I juice almost every day.

I've been increasing the amount of raw food I have but I'm still far from 100%.

I think we should share the knowledge we have so everybody benefits as there are people in Avalon from many different countries.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cloud9 For This Post:

Holly Lindin (13th February 2012), NeverMind (13th February 2012)

26. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default "Macrobiotics Lifestyle and the Energetics of Food"

Please see below for article #23. It's information on how a range of 16 cook methods enhances the energetics of foods. It also touches one sided eating such as an “all raw diet” eventually effects one’s physiology, psychology, emotions and spirit bodies.

I've learned how to use the quoted posts, so this is my attempt "keep it green and recycle"

Thanks,
    WhiteCrowBlackDeer
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 14th February 2012 at 21:17.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (13th February 2012), cloud9 (13th February 2012), gripreaper (13th February 2012), NeverMind (13th February 2012), Russ1959 (13th February 2012)

28. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Default Re: Would you do it? - "Macrobiotics Lifestyle and the Energetics of Food"

Quote PS Full disclosure - Ben & Jerry and myself are still great friends. And sometimes, we even have pajama parties.
    I am partial to Snickers ice cream - and the occasional Häagen Dazs pecan & maple syrup - myself.
    No pajamas involved.

This is great information! Thank you.
    I am sure many others will be grateful for it.
    ET SI OMNES, EGO NON

29. The Following User Says Thank You to NeverMind For This Post:

cloud9 (13th February 2012)

30. Link to Post #16
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Re: Would you do it? - "Macrobiotics Lifestyle and the Energetics of Food"

@ NeverMind quote: "I am partial to Snickers ice cream - and the occasional Häagen Dazs pecan & maple syrup - myself.No pajamas involved."

Response: Love this post, NeverMind - Oh and I just got the "NeverMind" name. Love that, too. I'm still working on that. It's been a bit buzzy, lately.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 14th February 2012 at 14:26.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

NeverMind (13th February 2012)

32. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Thank you cloud9 for this post.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to ivan For This Post:

cloud9 (13th February 2012)

34. Link to Post #18
    Language
    English
    Thanks

@cloud9 I wanted to hit the Thank you button but it disappeared. So here's a thank you post. (Still figuring how the posts work.)

Opps, just saw it up there. I should have await a bit.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

cloud9 (13th February 2012), NeverMind (13th February 2012)

36. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

As a raw-foodist, I completely endorse this message. I juice every single day (sometimes for dinner also - I actually prefer to drink my nutrients than eat them, for the most part.), and I also make elixirs almost every single day with superfoods and roots and berries and so on. I highly recommend Daniel Vitalis's "ElixirCraft" DVD, as it explains this whole process (and I just love him!). And Markus has a few other films out that I recommend, too - "Free Food and Medicine" and "Free Living 101" are both INCREDIBLE and focus on wildcrafted foods. My vibration DEFINITELY heightens when I'm on raw food - I LOVE it. It's seriously the greatest thing I've ever done for my body. <3

And not just my physical body, but ALL the bodies that make up this incarnation of "Holly": Psychological, spiritual, physical, mental, emotional . . . The clarity is wonderful. <3
    Last edited by Holly Lindin; 13th February 2012 at 04:10. Reason: Wanted to add a point. :)

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Holly Lindin For This Post:

cloud9 (13th February 2012), conk (15th February 2012), MessiahMews (17th May 2012), modwiz (13th February 2012), Russ1959 (13th February 2012)

38. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

WhiteCrow,
    thank you for your post, I have heard about macrobiotics long ago but I really never looked it up, it seems very interesting and I'd like to look into it further. Honestly, what caught my attention about Rothkranz stuff is the notion of freedom. I'm 52 now and I feel tired of cooking, I want to simplify my life the most I can so it seems a good option, also he says that he's not wearing glasses any more and his senses are better than ever, even his hearing is so amazing he can hear his inner voice if that a good description of it just as Holly Lindin says, lots of clarity...

Well, I just wanted to say that finally I feel inspired to try this lifestyle, I just didn't feel motivated enough before... I used to think that the people in the raw food movement were a little bit extreme so I was happy enough with juicing, having plenty of salads and veggies but now I feel ready to go further.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cloud9 For This Post:

Holly Lindin (13th February 2012), RunningDeer (14th February 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast