Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Whitney Houston died in Beverly Hills hotel room

1. Link to Post #21
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Default Re: Whitney Houston died in Beverly Hills hotel room

Post removed...by me
    Last edited by jackovesk; 12th February 2012 at 17:26.

2. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,159 times in 1,454 posts

Just because she used drugs in the past doesn't mean that's how she died.......even when someone quits the effects can be long lasting and a strain to the heart......knowing what we do on this site about what kind of pressure is put on people in music and film business how can you judge her so harshly? people don't turn to drugs because they say Hey I think I wanna f@#$ up my life and piss off the people around me......they do it because they are sensitive people who find it difficult to live in this crazy world and need something to help with the pain....I find your remarks cold and insensitive and even more so as you lost a family member to this and should know there was more to that person than drugs

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Earth Angel For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (13th February 2012), Black Panther (12th February 2012), Delight (12th February 2012), Nickolai (12th February 2012), silverchimes (13th February 2012)

4. Link to Post #23
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,602 times in 21,522 posts

Rest in Peace, Whitney Houston.
    (and folks )
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

5. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (13th February 2012), Black Panther (12th February 2012), bluestflame (14th February 2012), Bollinger (12th February 2012), Calz (13th February 2012), Caren (12th February 2012), ceetee9 (14th February 2012), crosby (13th February 2012), Curt (13th February 2012), Earth Angel (12th February 2012), Eric J (Viking) (12th February 2012), gooty64 (12th February 2012), Ineffable Hitchhiker (12th February 2012), jjjones (12th February 2012), Kristo (13th February 2012), mahalall (13th February 2012), Mark (13th February 2012), Sesan (12th February 2012), silverchimes (13th February 2012), Tarka the Duck (12th February 2012), ViralSpiral (12th February 2012)

6. Link to Post #24
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,049 times in 934 posts

Paul- thats a great tribute to to the gal that we loved.....

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Rest in Peace, Whitney Houston.
    (and folks )

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gooty64 For This Post:

bluestflame (14th February 2012), Bollinger (12th February 2012), silverchimes (13th February 2012)

8. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,492 times in 2,185 posts

Yes, I agree..a beautiful picture....may she walk in the true light forever now.
    "Vision without action is merely a dream.
    Action without vision just passes the time.
    Vision with action can change the world." Joel Arthur Barker

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MorningSong For This Post:

Bollinger (12th February 2012), gooty64 (12th February 2012)

10. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,302 times in 18,139 posts

Loss of a great talent. Big soul stuffed in a little body. She's soaring the friendly skies the all natural way... Blessings, to you, Whitney.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 12th February 2012 at 20:27.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

bluestflame (14th February 2012), Bollinger (12th February 2012), gooty64 (12th February 2012), Mark (13th February 2012), Sesan (12th February 2012), silverchimes (13th February 2012)

12. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

What a beautiful soul she was.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Bollinger (12th February 2012), gooty64 (12th February 2012), Paa (12th February 2012), silverchimes (13th February 2012)

14. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

RIP Whitney. Truely an amazingly talented woman.
    The Universe is Consciousness.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sesan For This Post:

Bollinger (12th February 2012)

16. Link to Post #29
    Netherlands Avalon Member Black Panther's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,849 times in 847 posts

I started this thread, but what I forgot to say:

Blessings to you, Whitney. Rest, in Peace!

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Black Panther For This Post:

ajyana (14th February 2012), bluestflame (14th February 2012), Bollinger (12th February 2012), gooty64 (12th February 2012), jjjones (12th February 2012), RunningDeer (12th February 2012), silverchimes (13th February 2012), Tarka the Duck (12th February 2012), Wind (12th February 2012)

18. Link to Post #30
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 times in 284 posts

I would just like to also say that she was one of my favourite singers and I thought her talent to be extraordinary and unique.

These days, there are a lot of singers and it is a task to know who exactly is singing when a song comes on because there is naturally a lot of mimicry of both style and pitch among the lesser accomplished artists. However, Whitney's voice was exemplary and unmistakeable. The world will miss this lady but her spellbinding vocals and the songs will continue to fill with joy and inspire all of us and future generations to come.

We should all do well to stand away from judging anyone. Drug addiction is a nasty business; just like smoking, drinking and any other affliction that may come knocking on our door. Who is to say with any kind of certainty that any one of us would fair better had we walked her path?

May you rest in eternal peace.
    Hope springs eternal in the human breast; Man never Is, but always To be blest: The soul, uneasy and confin'd from home, Rests and expatiates in a life to come.
    Alexander Pope

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bollinger For This Post:

Black Panther (12th February 2012), bluestflame (14th February 2012), Earth Angel (12th February 2012), gooty64 (12th February 2012), jjjones (12th February 2012), Kindling (12th February 2012), RunningDeer (12th February 2012), silverchimes (13th February 2012), Tarka the Duck (12th February 2012)

20. Link to Post #31
    Language
    Poor english
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,972 times in 737 posts

Although Whitney will be missed by many because of her tallents, can I just remind everyone of James Bulger, he would be 19 today and if you have never heard of this murder case then please look here.

I had not long had my first child when this happened and you can imagine how protective I became.

R.I.P Whitney and James.

Ammit
    Love. peace and Blessings to you all.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ammit For This Post:

ajyana (14th February 2012), Jenci (12th February 2012), mahalall (13th February 2012), Mare (12th February 2012), NeverMind (12th February 2012)

22. Link to Post #32
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,302 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by Bollinger (here)
    I would just like to also say that she was one of my favourite singers and I thought her talent to be extraordinary and unique.

These days, there are a lot of singers and it is a task to know who exactly is singing when a song comes on because there is naturally a lot of mimicry of both style and pitch among the lesser accomplished artists. However, Whitney's voice was exemplary and unmistakeable. The world will miss this lady but her spellbinding vocals and the songs will continue to fill with joy and inspire all of us and future generations to come.

We should all do well to stand away from judging anyone. Drug addiction is a nasty business; just like smoking, drinking and any other affliction that may come knocking on our door. Who is to say with any kind of certainty that any one of us would fair better had we walked her path?

May you rest in eternal peace.
    @Bollinger - Beautifully said. So true. Exceptional talent and one-of-a-kind. Big soul, stuffed in a little body. Peace, WhiteCrowBlackDeer

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bollinger (13th February 2012), gooty64 (12th February 2012), silverchimes (13th February 2012)

24. Link to Post #33
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

-I've removed this post-
    Last edited by Paa; 26th July 2013 at 14:16.

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Paa For This Post:

Black Panther (12th February 2012), bluestflame (14th February 2012), Bollinger (13th February 2012), CdnSirian (13th February 2012), gooty64 (12th February 2012), kcbc2010 (12th February 2012), Kindling (12th February 2012)

26. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

I hope that her spirit gets the rest that it needs. She was an amazing talent and it's sad that the industry that she worked in is more interested in destroying people than lifting them up.

I'm surprised at the timing because it really seems like it was a "hit job" to get some "mass emotion sadness and grief" movement. I'm kind of curious about what's going to happen tonight at the Grammy awards because there's a lot of duality"black-white" symbolism floating around this event. I mean, you have the fact that 2 other prominent black musicians who have died recently. Then you have the comparisons you can make to MJ's death. Then you have all the interesting stuff surrounding her and Madonna. Madonna just did that big Super Bowl show and both of them hit their peak in the 1980's - 1990's. When ever they were compared, Madonna was always the 'bad girl" and Whitney was always the "good girl". And both of them are credited with "influencing the younger generation of women singers". And the "good girl" Whitney married the "bad boy" Bobby Brown. You don't even have to think too hard for some of this stuff to come to mind. I hate it when people are used and abused. I'm glad her spirit is free now.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kcbc2010 For This Post:

Mark (13th February 2012), muxfolder (13th February 2012)

28. Link to Post #35
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,764 times in 987 posts

Quote Posted by Paa (here)
    Rest in peace Whitney.

Why are always the fantastic artists with meaningful and strong lyrics ending up drugged down or dead? I don't think it is a coincidence, and it both saddens and angers me.
    The industry is predatory. Artists get packaged at a young age and the pusher man is waiting. Whitney Houston said in the interview posted above, that young girls should grow up with dignity, presenting their talent - and they only need be themselves.

My thoughts, yeah why do they have to become a freak show, or be continually costumed like the fantasy of dirty old men. All the black leather, whips and junk. And the choreography from a strip joint. Britney Spears was completely re-created in this image when she was sixteen - where do the parents go?

I think Whitney Houston was about to become a fabulous and protective mentor to young artists. Not useful to the predators in the industry. Wring every dollar you can out of these artists, degrade the next generation of kids, but when a powerful artist starts to get wise, or political, or no longer wants to promote sex drugs and rock'n'roll - hey let them go. Package another up and coming.

Having artists talking about vitamins - nothing to invest in.

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CdnSirian For This Post:

bluestflame (14th February 2012), Earth Angel (12th February 2012), gooty64 (12th February 2012), Kindling (13th February 2012), luciole (13th February 2012), meeradas (13th February 2012), muxfolder (13th February 2012)

30. Link to Post #36
    United States Moderator (on Sabbatical) Deborah (ahamkara)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 times in 417 posts

Whitney had a voice connected to the Divine. Listening to her soar effortlessly and give voice to the deep emotions common to us all was rare pleasure. The beauty of her voice connected to the radiance of her soul. She gave joy to so many. Peace to you, Whitney, and thank you.... (to those who would judge, I envy the life free of mistakes and temptation you must have led - for myself, seeing all the wrong choices I have made- I can feel only great compassion for the pain she must have struggled with in her success. No matter, it was far from a life wasted. Peace)

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Deborah (ahamkara) For This Post:

bluestflame (14th February 2012), Bollinger (13th February 2012), CdnSirian (13th February 2012)

32. Link to Post #37
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,845 times in 3,177 posts

Quote Posted by CdnSirian
    A terrible loss for her family and a huge
    gain
    Quote Posted by CdnSirian
    for an industry [...]
    Unfortunately, this is the correct statement here.
    Especially now, after her departure.
    The revenue management will just love the rocketing profits.
    Last edited by meeradas; 13th February 2012 at 08:22.

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

9eagle9 (13th February 2012), bluestflame (14th February 2012), CdnSirian (13th February 2012), seko (13th February 2012)

34. Link to Post #38
    United States Avalon Member applejax's Avatar
    Thanks

definitely was shocked when i heard about it (woke up from a nap and saw the fb wall go berserk w/RIP....so many fingers to blame, but i think the influence of bobby brown helped her increase her dependency on drugs. so far the news have said that she was found with her face in the water and she has been prescribed with anti-depressants and anti-anxiety pills. to top it off, (from what i read) she was drinking alcohol. bad bad combo right there. as my bro have said, she would have still been alive (and even michael jackson) if this country didn't depend so much on prescribed drugs.

regardless of the matter...the music industry lost a voice. a good one at that. in the current world of fake celebrities *cough*kimkardashian*cough*, whitney contributed to the music world with her talents. she made some of us love music again; inspired us to be stronger; and inspired us for the future. thanks for everything whitney...RIP ...sending prayers to her daughter right now because they were close and she just lost her best friend/mommy. :T

35. The Following User Says Thank You to applejax For This Post:

CdnSirian (13th February 2012)

36. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

Its awful predatory business of explotation, it does seem as if the unique and powerful gets whored down and prostituted. Now its such a destructive force on it's own you can dress up a person who exibits nothing in the way of talent by distraction. Power is expressed in many ways, and she had a powerful once in a generation voice . Very nearly a metaphor for trying to dumb down power. Very sad , not going to even go into the whole drug thing. That's the medication that goes part and parcel with explotation --isolation loss of self--- as so many other great talents that come and fell before her has demonstrated. This whole awful mechanism started before they become stars, more than likely they sought success as a means of helping a flagging self esteem in the first and that is one industry that does nothing for one's self. Where talent isn't allowed to stand on it's own merit. Very hard when peer pressure comes from the entire globe.

Quote Posted by CdnSirian (here)
    Quote Posted by Paa (here)
    Rest in peace Whitney.

Why are always the fantastic artists with meaningful and strong lyrics ending up drugged down or dead? I don't think it is a coincidence, and it both saddens and angers me.
    The industry is predatory. Artists get packaged at a young age and the pusher man is waiting. Whitney Houston said in the interview posted above, that young girls should grow up with dignity, presenting their talent - and they only need be themselves.

My thoughts, yeah why do they have to become a freak show, or be continually costumed like the fantasy of dirty old men. All the black leather, whips and junk. And the choreography from a strip joint. Britney Spears was completely re-created in this image when she was sixteen - where do the parents go?

I think Whitney Houston was about to become a fabulous and protective mentor to young artists. Not useful to the predators in the industry. Wring every dollar you can out of these artists, degrade the next generation of kids, but when a powerful artist starts to get wise, or political, or no longer wants to promote sex drugs and rock'n'roll - hey let them go. Package another up and coming.

Having artists talking about vitamins - nothing to invest in.

37. Link to Post #40
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,483 times in 2,851 posts

The ones with the big gifts are the ones who have to watch it the most when they achieve a little fame and success. I can't imagine what it must have been like to have had access to all that wealth and power at such a young age. For all of the great ones, the temptations have to be staggering. From sychophants all around you, exposing you to ever vice under the sun, to your own insecurities and weaknesses. I suppose they feed off of each other and, the older you get, the weaker your resistance to them must become unless you purposefully seek to strengthen yourself through personal and spiritual work.

Bobby Brown was always vilified by the press as being Whitney's downfall but for anyone who watched the reality show they did "Being Bobby Brown" you got to see that Whitney was just as responsible for their "lifestyle" as he was, if not moreso. In the show, he was often the one who took care of her, let her have her way, supported her and loved her and their daughter. In all relationships, there's blame enough to go around, as we all should know from our own personal experiences. On a related note, I just watched the interview Oprah did with Lisa Marie Presley last year some time. I had been curious to hear what she really thought after Michael died and she came out with that myspace blog where she talked about how sorry she was and how much she really loved him. In her Oprah interview, the last time she will ever talk about Michael in public, she proclaimed, she talked about how it was the hangers on and the doctors and his choice to continue in that direction and shut her out that led to her leaving him. She talked about how it took his death for her to realize that he loved her like no other woman, was, in fact, the love of his life. She talked about how they tried to get back together for 4 years after but it never worked, and how he called her some months before his death in pain and reaching out for love, and how she was cold to him.

Their lives are almost unimaginable, but the lessons are great. Whitney's were on display, as were Michael's, for the world to take heed of and, if this is at all possible, learn from.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

applejax (13th February 2012), bluestflame (14th February 2012), frances (13th February 2012), GCS1103 (14th February 2012), Kindling (13th February 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast