+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Emotional Block......need some suggestion about healing/meditation techniques.

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Emotional Block......need some suggestion about healing/meditation techniques.

I was wondering if someone could help me since I am new to this, and wanted to post my thoughts in Spirituality. Lately, I feel like I have sensed an emotional block in my personal life and my personal life; what I believe is easier for other people(like dating, finding a job, making friends, school, social events) has always been very difficult for me. Even though, I am better at social events now. I sincerely believe in the Law of Attraction, but my thoughts overwhelm me at times. I would really appreciate it someone could please suggest any form of mediation/healing techniques that could help open these blocks! I actually feel this block in my subconscious, and I am not sure why these daily activities are so difficult for me as it has been a life-long pattern. I try to train my brain to think/feel positive thoughts, but at times it is very difficult. Also, ever since I was a kid I lacked confidence in myself, and I am not sure whether it has to do something with my past-life; I also have faced a lot of turbulent times in this life too. Nevertheless, I sincerely wish to change my thought patterns and life path towards a positive direction so I could live a productive, fruitful and, meaningful life; I would really appreciate any suggestion about meditation/healing techniques that could help me move forward.

Namaste!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to myriaddimension For This Post:

Cartomancer (14th February 2012), Lisab (14th February 2012), Mark (14th February 2012), TargeT (14th February 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,485 times in 2,851 posts

Default Re: Emotional Block......need some suggestion about healing/meditation techniques.

Welcome to Avalon. I hope that what you find here helps you find what it is inside that you require to move forward. The only suggestion that I might make is to look into stilling that inner voice. Meditative techniques that help with this include Samatha meditation practices. Calm abiding, finding peace within. It sounds like your process is a common one, too many conflicting thoughts that confuse intention during a life. When we are not certain who we are we cannot be certain where we are going. The only way to be certain of who we are is to go within. To go deeper than the constant chatter that we think is us, but truly is not. To find that calm, still center, connect to it and, through that lens, truly determine our life goals. I wish you the best. Bless.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

Cartomancer (14th February 2012), Lisab (14th February 2012), NancyV (15th February 2012), TargeT (14th February 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Default Re: Emotional Block......need some suggestion about healing/meditation techniques.

Quote Posted by myriaddimension (here)
    I lacked confidence in myself
    Me saying this will do nothing for you, its for you to explore and expand on..

You see, you already know what the problem is (we all know, but we don't trust our selfs... )

I was similar and still have issues.. I'm extremely extroverted but I think its a cover, an over compensation for reality.. I can talk to ANYONE untill it comes time to showing personal vulnerability, then I'm hesitant or just won't.

what has helped greatly with this is what your already doing.. LEARNING ! as you gain knowledge confidence comes with it (if you allow it) are you good at anything? enjoy your successes, they are showing you how worthwhile YOU are.

This seems to be a common problem these days, I hear it a lot "why are men not men anymore" things like that... its because we have been trained (through society, schooling, etc..) to externalise our power SO MUCh that we no longer think WE are capable of anything with out "expert help" or some other outside influence (god, ET, what ever.. pick your poison.. haha).

Learn to celebrate your strengths, focus on your self and I'm sure meditation is a part of this (I have yet to travel that path).... but you ARE a wonderful powerful being and once you start to realize this about yourself you'll be SUPRISED how quickly others naturaly pick up on it.

Best of luck & remember.. your personal work never stops, you must be constantly vigilant of your own inner thoughts (ego) and feelings (physical commands) & over come them to ensure you are acting as YOU want to, not as you are being INFLUENCED to. (again, easier said than done)
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Mark (14th February 2012), NancyV (15th February 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 times in 818 posts

Quote Posted by myriaddimension (here)
    I was wondering if someone could help me since I am new to this, and wanted to post my thoughts in Spirituality. Lately, I feel like I have sensed an emotional block in my personal life and my personal life; what I believe is easier for other people(like dating, finding a job, making friends, school, social events) has always been very difficult for me. Even though, I am better at social events now. I sincerely believe in the Law of Attraction, but my thoughts overwhelm me at times...
    Namaste!
    I've had similar difficulties as you because I'm more interested in researching ETs or 9/11 than going to the local bar & drinking beer with all the boys. I feel it's going to take time to heal and there's no easy answer (like swallowing a pill). You just have to give yourself time each day to spend on introspection and talking to people who will listen.

I'm not convinced by the "Law of Attraction" myself because I've seen bad things happen to good people who don't deserve them. But for many people it does seem to work if their expectations aren't too high.
    “There is no coming to consciousness without pain. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.” -- Carl Jung

"To see the farm is to leave the farm."

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mulder For This Post:

NancyV (15th February 2012), TargeT (14th February 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mulder (here)
    I'm not convinced by the "Law of Attraction" myself because I've seen bad things happen to good people who don't deserve them. But for many people it does seem to work if their expectations aren't too high.
    I think it helps if you understand that we are here to expierence and learn.. and "bad" is really just a matter of perception...

I mean what possibly could happen to you that is "bad" on this planet, just re-lable it as a learning experience or just "experience" :-) you have the power to control your perspective & thus your reality
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Mark (14th February 2012), NancyV (15th February 2012)

11. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Thank you everybody for your input; they are pretty insightful! What I can tell you is that I have always felt this sense of hopelessness even when I was a kid, and when I went through these turbulent times I reached rocked bottom. At that time, I did not consider them as learning experiences but as obstacles. Furthermore, rather than solving these issues, I simply accepted them as my fate; I also treated myself as a victim which made me more sensitive to everyone's opinion. However, this time around I wish to see everything as a learning experience as you all have mentioned! I am good at many things, but I lack confidence in sharing those skills with other people(once again fear of criticism and I at times don't have faith in myself). Also, everything in life is a highway to an evolved state of being whether it is bad or good; the Kybalion talks about the existence of duality, and I wholeheartedly agree with it. Although, what I can tell you is that most of the times I act from a place of fear(fear of rejection, fear of criticism, fear of failure) and that has been my problem. Now, I do know the problem and I need to find a sustainable solution! Meditation has always helped, but at times myriad of thoughts overcrowd my subconsciousness, and that is when I have a difficult time picking up the pieces! I have been going through a phase where everything is at a standstill(a last minute rejection of a job, a lack of a complete social life etc); what I know is that I did choose this route for a reason as I needed to understand, analyze and, heal myself. Still, the complete standstill of any progression is what bothers me as I believe that I need a change of energy, and I need to clean the emotional, physical, mental, professional and, mostly psychological block I am facing.

Peace to all!

Namaste.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to myriaddimension For This Post:

Mulder (14th February 2012), NancyV (15th February 2012), TargeT (14th February 2012)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

When your mind wont shut up, try this exersize..

in your mind, ask your self "what is my next thought" and wait for it.....

if you are in a calm environment with nothing to "react too" your mind should go silent... the ego CANNOT live in the present.. it only lives in the past (and all that fear crap that has been pushed on you is in your past) doing this helps you realize that the voice in your head is NOT YOU.. just ignore that annoying bastard.. haha

i'm still new to this but the above exersize has helped me a lot, I do it randomly through out the day & the mental silence is blissfully peaceful

you are NOT your past, you are NOT what you have been told, you are YOU and you KNOW IT, you just have to be confident in that knowledge... your ego is holding you back, even as you read these words they will ring true but a nagging doubt (ego's self defense) will linger; overcomming ego (I think) has a lot to do with understanding that it will ALWAYS be there whispering in your ear.. you can listen or not..

This may help to expand on the issue:

Revolver (2005)
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0365686/

This movie is an amazing piece on ego & helps one to understand how tricky it is... definately a "must watch" (IMO)
    Where are you?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

NancyV (15th February 2012)

15. Link to Post #8
    Australia Avalon Member PegasusRising's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi,
    I find Bruce Lipton very inspiring, he talks about our subconscious programming. Here is a great interview he did with consciousTv
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=VYYXq1Ox4sk

A Quantum healing technique that I would recommend because I have 'experienced' it and have had a number of shifts that have assisted me to change my outlook on reality is Matrix energetics.
    I also use this technique in my massage practice and I have seen great changes take place. There are a number of similar techniques, quantum entrainment, yuen method, quantum touch etc.. out there, but it is not the technique that is important it is the connection with the zero point energy field (pool of creation), being in that field where everything is, was, will be, exists, then there is the possibility of the 'client' choosing another outcome to their situation. Meditation of course is invaluable to listening to what is going on inside of you.

I believe that it is important for one to work on their belief system. 'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change' - Wayne Dyer.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PegasusRising For This Post:

17. Link to Post #9
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,809 times in 819 posts

This month I spent ten days on a cleansing fast. I was guided to do this to prepare my body for the higher frequencies that are currently being birthed on the planet. My Angels asked me to purify my body so it can rid itself of the build up of toxins from food and the environment. Some toxic thoughts and emotions also surfaced during the fast. It was a blessing because I was shown how cleansing our old stories from our minds brings about... miraculous healing on all levels. This month’s message is about a miracle that happened in my life.

http://spirituallifepath.com/index.php/angelic-messages

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mu2143 For This Post:

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Know what? I'm going through the exact same thing. I haven't spoken to another person for 9 days now. Everyone seems to hate me. I've made so many mistakes. And Mars is retrograde. Ah ha! There's the culprit. Once you know that, you also know that it will change eventually so just make the most of what you have. As above, so below, don't you know.

But you asked about meditation. So this is what I know. Depending on where and how you live, put yourself into a place where there are the least distractions like noise, bright light, etc. Relax your body, get comfy, and start thinking about your breathing. Point your thoughts there. Sure enough, they'll start to wander. Take control! You're in charge of your thoughts. Back to the breath, or a mantra like OM, try different things and see what feels good for you. Just keep doing this, every day if possible. You can find all sorts of videos that will help you get into an empty state of mind, I like this one: https://youtube.com/watch?v=OStjx...feature=colike
    You see all those other videos listed down the side? Explore. There's some great stuff there.

I started doing this 40 years ago. I get away from it now and then, but always come back. It helps me deal with this total freaking mess this world is in right now. People who know about the crap I've been through the past few years, always ask me how I remain so calm. I tell them meditation. It gets to be a habit.

BUT, I won't tell you that it will help you mentally produce sports cars or hot babes into your life. Instead I will say that you will always get what you need to survive. You just gotta pay attention.

I didn't mean for this to get so long. Actually, I just wanted to tell you about an old book called The Artist's Way. It's out there, you can find it. Look it up. I belong to an online group right now where we are doing the work. If it looks interesting to you, let me know and I'll invite you in. Warning: we're all a bunch of old ladies. Ha.

With great respect and love,

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Hermite For This Post:

+ Reply to Thread