+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: I'm Confused About Law of Attraction..?

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default I'm Confused About Law of Attraction..?

Hello,

I've been having a hard time here of late as most of the stuff I've been reading has been massively depressing. But, I will soldier on and focus on an issue I've had for a while regarding the Law of Attraction.

Now, if we are supposed to be as powerful as everyone here thinks we are, and the "Law of Attraction" is supposed to work (because what we say/think is very powerful stuff), AND we live in a holographic universe that has already been proven to be affected by our thoughts, then WHY doesn't the Law of Attraction work for everyone?

Or more specifically, me?

I've tried the "Laws." I've tried writing "Glyphs" that are supposed to be a "shortcut to the laws of the universe" and so far...nothing. I've been working and waiting many, many, MANY years for a very few things that most of the people surrounding me have handed to them on a silver platter: a house (townhome, apartment, etc.), a relationship, a satisfying job, a creative hobby that might bring me some extra cash. Not all of them, of course, but ONE of them would be nice.

Honestly, I'm tired of waiting, and I don't know if I believe in it anymore. Plus, the worst part is, if the "Law" fail, people naturally assume you're doing something wrong or don't want it enough and you end up blaming yourself! So, now it's bad enough I have a sucktastic life, but it's all my own fault too! Great! Thanks!

Any advice would be appreciated, as I am (clearly) reaching the end of my rope with this issue. Maybe I'm not understanding how it's supposed to work (although I have friends who have done it and have had wild success...)?

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Carpathian For This Post:

Alekahn (20th February 2012), christian (18th February 2012), crested-duck (18th February 2012), DoubleHelix (21st February 2012), Lisab (18th February 2012), meeradas (18th February 2012), mosquito (19th February 2012), Mulder (19th February 2012), sandy (18th February 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,836 times in 3,731 posts

Default Re: I'm Confused About Law of Attraction..?

I will (endeavour) to help you if you like.

It occurs to me that getting to the bottom of this will require context, and this may be involve personal information that you would not like to post on the forum.

We can arrange to talk over skype or you can PM me.

Then whatever transpires can be posted on the forum in a way that makes sense without being to personally specific.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

aranuk (18th February 2012), crested-duck (18th February 2012), DoubleHelix (18th February 2012), giovonni (18th February 2012), Lisab (18th February 2012), meeradas (18th February 2012), modwiz (18th February 2012), mosquito (19th February 2012), Normalguy31 (18th February 2012), sandy (18th February 2012), Siberia9 (18th February 2012), WhiteFeather (18th February 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

Simply tell "god" (whatever god is to you), that you are ready. It will come, when the time is right. For some reason, (for many of us), we have to go through literal hell, before we obtain any happiness. I have been there. God works in mysterious ways, to say the least.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Carpathian (18th February 2012), crested-duck (18th February 2012), Earth Angel (20th February 2012), meeradas (18th February 2012), mosquito (19th February 2012), sandy (18th February 2012), WhiteFeather (18th February 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    Australia Avalon Member bluestflame's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,500 times in 1,808 posts

it's what's held in the subconscious that we attract unknowing also
    especially if it's held there by energetic conflict , conflict attracts conflict

trick is to become aware of it so we can disarm it

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bluestflame For This Post:

9eagle9 (18th February 2012), Carpathian (18th February 2012), crested-duck (18th February 2012), mosquito (19th February 2012), sandy (18th February 2012), Siberia9 (18th February 2012), WhiteFeather (18th February 2012)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Whiskey_Mystic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,200 times in 1,024 posts

There is a lot of misunderstanding about the Law of Attraction and this topic comes up about once a year. The Law of Attraction is not a wishing well where you toss a penny in and get a magic pony. It is an inquiry method to help you understand what is blocking you form achieving your fullest potential. When people set about to "wish" their desires into existence (because they think that is how it works), they are avoiding looking at what it is that is preventing them from already having achieved their goals. It's the ultimate spiritual bypass.
    "We sit together, the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains." -Li Po

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Whiskey_Mystic For This Post:

Carpathian (18th February 2012), crested-duck (18th February 2012), DoubleHelix (18th February 2012), Holly Lindin (21st February 2012), Jake (18th February 2012), RunningDeer (18th February 2012), sandy (18th February 2012), sdv (24th March 2012), unicorny (18th February 2012), WhiteFeather (18th February 2012)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 times in 436 posts

I believe Bruce Lipton went through a lot of these ideas before he came up with his current theories. Not that he uses the words 'law of attraction'. But arn't we really talking about getting what we want out of our lives (and making sacrifices to do it).

Sort of the movie 'the secret's' ideas (which I heard actually didn't follow all the ideas of the original couple (people) who came up with the information for it...I could be wrong...).

Here is his latest interview (might also be on another thread). I forgot which part he talks about why we don't get what we want (due to our subconscious childhood training). ...but it is in there.

I broke it down for people....just in case it might help.
    Ignore the first three minutes....so do something else while he gets his ideas or ducks in a roe....then it starts getting good.
    Then he covers how evolution really works and the why behind it (intelligence)
    By 11 minutes in he has covered how we are now in a mass extinction event (a good thing....in one way)
    At 12 minutes (into the video) he describes how genes function (how they really work)
    Then for the next 8 minutes he describes how he figured out how we work-his version of why we have souls and what the human body is really for. This is the best part. You can listen to it several times to get it (sounded like Lilou the interviewer didn't get it).

Enjoy

https://youtube.com/watch?v=uEuGl...eature=related

Title:
    Bruce Lipton: "Being a cell of Humanity & Letting go of the illusion of separation"
    Last edited by eileenrose; 18th February 2012 at 08:18.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eileenrose For This Post:

Alekahn (20th February 2012), fractal being (18th February 2012), Lisab (18th February 2012)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Aw buggerit. I cant resist posting something general about this...

The law of attraction is not something that delivers something.

It is something that dictates a mode of operation in the universe.

It is a principle, a way of things.

It is vital to understand it, because it is the key to being able to use all those the "powers" that lots of people tell you that you have.

When you intend to manifest some change, you have to do a sort of "full spectrum" envisioning of the situation as if it had already happened. Full spectrum meaning with feelings and everything, not just image.

When I say, as if it had already happened, I mean to stress that you are required to be in the mindset of the present tense. This is because time, while a factor in our illusionary incarnated lives, is not real. This is operating at dimensions outside our concious reality and requires "no-time" and no-time is best taken as the present.

There is no time like the present!

Performing these things is largely a function of imagination.

Meditation is an excellent discipline for increasing ones ability to envision (or "enfeel" - envision+feeling), and for being able to maintaining a focus of that intent.

When enfeeling is done, the law of attraction comes into play.

What happens is that multidimensional "stuff" is attracted to that vision, the universal playing pieces are moved about, things come into being, in order to make manifest your vision.

The above is as I understand it.

Feel free to disregard anything I have said which does not resonate with you - or ask me questions about it.
    Last edited by Anchor; 18th February 2012 at 08:20.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

14. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

Alekahn (20th February 2012), aranuk (18th February 2012), BlueGem (18th February 2012), Carpathian (18th February 2012), crested-duck (18th February 2012), DoubleHelix (19th February 2012), EnergyGardener (19th February 2012), giovonni (18th February 2012), Holly Lindin (21st February 2012), Lisab (18th February 2012), meeradas (18th February 2012), modwiz (18th February 2012), mosquito (19th February 2012), Normalguy31 (18th February 2012), unicorny (18th February 2012), WhiteFeather (18th February 2012), zebowho (18th February 2012)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,612 times in 20,703 posts

Each breath a gift...

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Anchor (18th February 2012), Carpathian (18th February 2012), crested-duck (18th February 2012), WhiteFeather (18th February 2012)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    There is some very good advice and good reasoning re the LoA here;
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...onn#post316564
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...onn#post374222
    I liked them, I must have missed them the first time around.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

aranuk (19th February 2012), Carpathian (18th February 2012)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,056 times in 1,753 posts

I am not an expert on this 'Law of Attraction', and personally I would be wary if anyone claimed they were.
    BUT, the laws of the universe state that if you exert your will in a particular direction, then something must inevitably happen.
    You cannot just sit and wait for things, you actually have to ACT on the universe with intent-for instance a relationship
    can only occur if you meet people in some way-be it physically or online. A house is a tricky one, I lost a house in my first marriage
    over a decade ago, and i still rent with my lovely partner, but we are happy. I think we are not dealing in 'Magic' here, you have to
    act with focus.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

Alekahn (20th February 2012), aranuk (19th February 2012), Carpathian (18th February 2012), crested-duck (18th February 2012), fractal being (18th February 2012)

21. Link to Post #11
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,060 times in 909 posts

hey Anchor,
    that is so well explained that I gonna print it out and put on my wall......
    cheeers!!!

meat

Quote Posted by Anchor (here)

It is vital to understand it, because it is the key to being able to use all those the "powers" that lots of people tell you that you have.

When you intend to manifest some change, you have to do a sort of "full spectrum" envisioning of the situation as if it had already happened. Full spectrum meaning with feelings and everything, not just image.

When I say, as if it had already happened, I mean to stress that you are required to be in the mindset of the present tense. This is because time, while a factor in our illusionary incarnated lives, is not real. This is operating at dimensions outside our concious reality and requires "no-time" and no-time is best taken as the present.

Meditation is an excellent discipline for increasing ones ability to envision (or "enfeel" - envision+feeling), and for being able to maintaining a focus of that intent.

What happens is that multidimensional "stuff" is attracted to that vision, the universal playing pieces are moved about, things come into being, in order to make manifest your vision.

Feel free to disregard anything I have said which does not resonate with you - or ask me questions about it.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meat suit For This Post:

Anchor (18th February 2012), Carpathian (18th February 2012), Rania (4th May 2013)

23. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by GalaxyHorse (here)
    I am not an expert on this 'Law of Attraction', and personally I would be wary if anyone claimed they were.
    What is an expert anyway?

I have lots of experience with the LoA, but I wont claim to be an expert.

BUT, the laws of the universe state that if you exert your will in a particular direction, then something must inevitably happen.
    You cannot just sit and wait for things, you actually have to ACT on the universe with intent-for instance a relationship
    can only occur if you meet people in some way-be it physically or online.
    I totally agree

you have to act with focus.
    This is a important key.

Here are some more: Faith, Focus, Intent, Creation.

Each of these things tend to imply the other, but if you are being scientific about the process, its worth breaking it all down so you can get an idea from all the angles of the Law.

Obviously you have to have faith in the outcome and your abilities. You have to believe it. (I just read Metatron's work that onwah pointed to) He talks about belief, whereas I talk about faith. Very similar - not going to split hairs on that one.

Focus - aka concentration, maintaining the vision, "keeping the faith". Articulating this stuff is a perpetual struggle for words.

Intent - you used the idea of an act of will, and I see that as manifest intent. Intent starts, the act of will follows. But it starts with intent. The will is the will to act, and the acting is your part of the process of manifestation.

Creation - what you are doing here is taking charge of creation. When you do it, you are stepping up to the plate of total responsibility. If you are doing this, then you already know that this is not a game anymore - you are co-creating conciously, instead of just having that happen as you live in a dream you didn't even know you were dreaming.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

Carpathian (18th February 2012), crested-duck (18th February 2012), DoubleHelix (19th February 2012), RunningDeer (18th February 2012), unicorny (18th February 2012), WhiteFeather (18th February 2012)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

Yes. Most of the commercialized and prostituted versions of the Law of Attraction, like "The Secret "talk about the second part of the equation but not the all important first part of the equation , rendering it useless. You can many postive thoughts as you want but if you unconscious embedded dense emotions, a person only learns to be disappointed in learning how to manifest. Which I am beginning to find is more than likely deliberate attempt to thwart the essential power that we have.

Quote Posted by Whiskey_Mystic (here)
    There is a lot of misunderstanding about the Law of Attraction and this topic comes up about once a year. The Law of Attraction is not a wishing well where you toss a penny in and get a magic pony. It is an inquiry method to help you understand what is blocking you form achieving your fullest potential. When people set about to "wish" their desires into existence (because they think that is how it works), they are avoiding looking at what it is that is preventing them from already having achieved their goals. It's the ultimate spiritual bypass.

26. Link to Post #14
    Germany Avalon Member christian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,208 times in 2,967 posts

Quote Posted by Carpathian (here)
    I've been working and waiting many, many, MANY years for a very few things that most of the people surrounding me have handed to them on a silver platter. [...] I'm tired of waiting, and I don't know if I believe in it anymore. Plus, the worst part is, if the "Law" fail, people naturally assume you're doing something wrong or don't want it enough and you end up blaming yourself! So, now it's bad enough I have a sucktastic life, but it's all my own fault too!
    You will get nowhere with a "tired of waiting" attitude. Comparing yourself with others will only perpetuate your status quo, as you give energy to the status quo by reflecting it time and again. The responsibility is always within yourself. Attraction means you don't have to have a wish inside to get something done, but to be as if the wish is already fulfilled, for that's the status you want to attract, don't you? Focus on being in the state you desire, not on the projection or the process of it. Focus with discipline and a taken-for-grantedness and meanwhile allow for things to manifest in the most wondrous ways.

"Whether you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, either way you're right."
    Henry Ford

27. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to christian For This Post:

Anchor (18th February 2012), Carpathian (18th February 2012), crested-duck (18th February 2012), DoubleHelix (19th February 2012), EnergyGardener (19th February 2012), Holly Lindin (21st February 2012), leavesoftrees (18th February 2012), modwiz (18th February 2012), Siberia9 (18th February 2012), syrwong (18th February 2012), ulli (18th February 2012), unicorny (18th February 2012), WhiteFeather (18th February 2012)

28. Link to Post #15
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

What you give out comes back to you.
    Dr David Hawkins in "Power vs Force" goes into great detail about attractor fields.
    The higher the spiritual vibration the faster your thoughts materialize.
    Simply if you think you dont have enough of anything give what you want to some one else.
    If you dont feel loved or appreciated have an honest look at how much of that you are giving out.
    If you feel a lack look at what you are giving in that area.

An attractor field is like a magnet/ a radio frequency.
    You attract into your life what ever program you are tuned into.
    Watch what you say to your self.
    Affirmation should be present tense and full of positive emotion.
    I have x.
    If you cant see it hapening at this moment get a picture of it stick it up on the wall and put a date on it.
    I have X June tenth 2012--- near the date start looking for positive indications that it is coming into you life.
    AND-- do what it takes--- in an ethical positive way.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

29. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Alekahn (20th February 2012), Anchor (18th February 2012), Carpathian (18th February 2012), christian (18th February 2012), crested-duck (18th February 2012), DoubleHelix (19th February 2012), MMA_Fan (18th February 2012), Muzz (18th February 2012), Nickolai (3rd May 2012), RunningDeer (18th February 2012), WhiteFeather (18th February 2012)

30. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Yes, this seems to be key, at least according to my experience. Don't focus so much on imagining it (i.e. don't focus so much on the part that is "in your head"). Focus primarily on the feeling that you get when you bring what you are trying to create into the present (i.e. focus on the feeling that you feel in your body/heart when you know that it has ALREADY happened). Meditation definitely has helped me with this, as meditation brings you into the present.

That's the best way that I can explain it. I hope it helps.
    The Sage does not talk, The Talented Ones talk, And the Stupid Ones argue
    King Tingan
    Journey of Awakening

31. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Meesh For This Post:

Anchor (18th February 2012), Carpathian (18th February 2012), crested-duck (18th February 2012), DoubleHelix (19th February 2012), Holly Lindin (21st February 2012), mosquito (19th February 2012), RunningDeer (18th February 2012), WhiteFeather (18th February 2012)

32. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

I've tried the "Laws." I've tried writing "Glyphs" that are supposed to be a "shortcut to the laws of the universe" and so far...nothing. I've been working and waiting many, many, MANY years for a very few things that most of the people surrounding me have handed to them on a silver platter: a house (townhome, apartment, etc.), a relationship, a satisfying job, a creative hobby that might bring me some extra cash. Not all of them, of course, but ONE of them would be nice.

Oohhh....these all circumstances that trot right back to.....some issues with your self value. A way to know what your issue is , is what is lacking in your life. What you want and you don't have it. Don't ever let anyone tell you 'its a lesson' or there's some higher purpose in deprivation.

Some things to consider. This started in early childhood probably beleifs adopted unconsciously from your parents. What sort of attitudes they had about self value. Particualarly if they were very good about instilling self value. Parents usually are not, espeically old school parents, who train us that modesly and self effacement and lack of selfishness are virtues so we don't get a good idea about self value.

Value is a circumstnaces that applies to relationships and money. Until you straighten this out you will have issues with people in relationships who don't value you. And value is tied up in finances.

Children are often told as youngesters what they deserve and what they don't, or what to expect, or what is realistic or what is proper and we soak all these limiting beliefs in regards to ourselves.

My parents were very middle middle class, we always had plenty of money. But they bitched constantly about basic needs, food, rent, clothes, jobs. So while learned to manifest with those core beliefs still instilled in me I was able to manifest fancy sports cars, and hugely expensive sorts of material things but I couldn't pay my rent and find money to buy clothes...lol.

Your friends who have everything handed to you on a silver platter where not given these core beliefs or perhaps were able to work through them. We are not aware of core beliefs that been instilled in us those are the sour note that goes out from the core of us, our manifestation power. It's impersonal, what comes back (or doesn't) is just a return of what we are sending out, which we are often unaware of.

Feelngs have more power than thoughts so if have imbedded feelings that you are unaware of you have to find them, and release them. This gives us an untrue or distorted perception of ourselves--we don't know who we are.

It is very hard to know what you want, if you don't know who you are.

Manifestation in its purest form is effortless, stuff just occurs, happens, arrives, synchronicity, etc etc.

These are not unreasonable requests, (which makes it all that more frusrating). Before you delve deeper please consider that 'there is absolutely no purpose served (higher or lower) in you not having what you want.

I'm not questioning your judgement but I have to ask is this what you really want....a townhouse or an apartment? Or are you settling for what is reasonable according to logic and previous experience?

33. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Whiskey_Mystic (here)
    Whiskey_Mystic,

Ah! Now this begins to make sense to me! Thank you for posting this.

I had a feeling I was misunderstanding the process -- to me, it's OK if I don't get everything I want (obviously!), but it's more frustrating when I know what it is that is blocking me (I really have worked on this for quite some time) and yet it STILL seems out of reach. Starchild111 seems to have it right - I have been through literal hell to get to where I am and (seemingly) I am no further along the path to getting what I "desire" than at the beginning of my journey. I know that is not true (If I really examine my life I am much further along my journey than when I started) but I guess I get really, really, REALLY tired of waiting...and working...and waiting...and working...and not being remotely happy.

I guess I need to "enjoy the journey, not the destination" but I really am SO BAD at that! I have tried and tried to keep that in mind and then the frustration and unhappiness well up and before you know it I'm raging at the moon and ready to trash the whole process. I know that what people espouse here literally IS "the road less traveled" and that it is a much more difficult road than most people take (hence maybe why they are happy and I am not - the road I chose ain't no picnic). Maybe I just get discouraged once in a while

Thank you both for your time, wisdom, and patience.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Carpathian For This Post:

Whiskey_Mystic (20th February 2012)

35. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Anchor,

Thank you - that does resonate with me. I knew I was missing something...! The thought+feeling and visualization is not something I have done, and am eagerly waiting to try

Thanks again for your time, patience, and knowledge.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carpathian For This Post:

Anchor (19th February 2012), DoubleHelix (19th February 2012)

37. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member xbusymom's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,188 times in 396 posts

Over the years I have read and studied many different information sources of “Law of Attraction” (Which is actually a tri-lateral process of 1:Law of Deliberate Creation/Intention, 2:Law of Attraction, and 3:Law of Allowance/Allowing) but this is the best explanation I have come across so far...

Abraham/Esther Hicks:

And when you use a “Dream Board” as a way to keep track of /keep building upon or adding to your list (desiring to experience), you can keep the happy vibration of “I am pleased that is mine, this is something I enjoy, and I appreciate having that also... etc.” in the forefront of your “Intention-attracting-allowing” mindset.

Here is what my dreamboard looks like

EDIT:
    It took me several years to learn the art of maintaining the positive attitude of manifestation (belief of it already being here even tho I could not see it)...

(I did this particular dream board in 2009 and I have already received everything on it... the car (title in my name), the house and all the other grand furnishings (my son's but I get to enjoy using everything because I am living as part of the extended family in one house- and yes we get along very well)
    Last edited by xbusymom; 18th February 2012 at 19:46.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xbusymom For This Post:

aranuk (19th February 2012), Carpathian (18th February 2012), DoubleHelix (21st February 2012), eileenrose (19th February 2012), LifeAngel (19th February 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast