+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Well bust my dental floss ...

1. Link to Post #21
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,709 times in 1,042 posts

Default Re: Well bust my dental floss ...

I worked in the dental field for almost 15 years and I have assisted the doctor in hundreds of root canal procedures AND I personally have three root canals with porcelain crowns. I also still have 4 amalgam (silver fillings).

The only live part of your tooth is the “canal” that runs in the center of a tooth in each root and then a small pocket in the “center” of the crown of a tooth. If a tooth is so badly decayed or your tooth breaks and it reaches this “live area” which is where the nerves and blood supply is it hurts like hell. Your only two choices are extraction or root canal or I guess you can suffer until the nerve finally dies . . . .wouldn’t suggest that.

Once the tooth is opened up and the decay or the broken parts are removed and a sound structure is established the dentist then carefully removes the “live” parts from each root therefore removing the blood supply and nerve tissue. Depending on which tooth, it will have from one to four roots.

Once all the tissue is removed a tiny stick or sliver of almost pure silver (99.9%) is cemented into each root, which then completely seals the “root canal”. An x-ray is taken to make sure the tip of the root or end is completely sealed.

The tooth is then dead but it will not rot or putrefy in your mouth, but it does calcify because the blood supply has been removed. This is why a crown is required to protect the tooth . . . . because it is fragile without the blood supply.

Usually what happens with most people with infections and problems is the very reason they have to have a root canal in the first place . . . in the case of decayed teeth. They have poor oral hygiene. You have to brush and floss . . sorry folks. The tooth can still decay and rot even after a root canal and/or has a crown. It is not the fault of the dentist or root canal procedure. The bad thing is if a tooth is rotting or decaying that has had a root canal you don't feel pain and so infection can be twice as bad and go through out your system.

I brush with food grade hydrogen peroxide and baking soda 3 or 4 times a week and use a non-fluoridated tooth paste for the other times or sometimes just brush with water. I also floss every night.

I have never had any problems with my root canals or crowns.

To have your tooth extracted will set up a cascading effect of problems within your mouth. I would highly suggest you have the root canal performed by a qualified dentist. Ask him what he is using to cement the canals closed. And then after a month or so have the tooth crowned. You can have natural porcelain crowns or gold. I have porcelain crowns which have a semi precious metal base. You will save money in the long run.

With the problem of mercury in the amalgams or silver fillings. I have always done a heavy metal detox at least once a year. Not only to remove the minute amounts that leak from my fillings but the metal we pick up daily from the air, water and food we eat.

Brush your teeth and floss . . . .
    Last edited by blufire; 4th April 2012 at 13:39.

2. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

Thanks blufire

Interesting (and nice new avatar).

Cal

3. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

Quote Posted by leavesoftrees (here)
    Quote Posted by conk (here)
    Holistic dentists flood the cavity with ozone to kill any bacteria. The issue is blood supply. If not killed at the time of surgery the bacteria migrate into extremely tiny tubes under the tooth. Very little blood supply, so anti-biotics can't affect them. The ozone seeps into these areas easily.
    2 questions come to mind

1) If there is so little blood supply that antibiotics can't reach the bacteria, then how do the bacteria, or toxins thereby produced, spread out to the rest of the body?

2) if the root filled tooth is a cause of such toxicity, why doesn't the body reject it? ie cause it to fall out?
    I do not know the answers. Just relaying what the text books say.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to conk For This Post:

Calz (5th April 2012)

5. Link to Post #24
    Australia Avalon Member TigaHawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,103 times in 742 posts

Quote Posted by leavesoftrees (here)
    Quote Posted by conk (here)
    Holistic dentists flood the cavity with ozone to kill any bacteria. The issue is blood supply. If not killed at the time of surgery the bacteria migrate into extremely tiny tubes under the tooth. Very little blood supply, so anti-biotics can't affect them. The ozone seeps into these areas easily.
    2 questions come to mind

1) If there is so little blood supply that antibiotics can't reach the bacteria, then how do the bacteria, or toxins thereby produced, spread out to the rest of the body?

2) if the root filled tooth is a cause of such toxicity, why doesn't the body reject it? ie cause it to fall out?

You've obviously never had SERIOUS teeth problems before have you?

I was to have all my wisdom teeth out. I never did because they never hurt. thought psshh whatever. i could see em slooooowly coming out of the gums, taking their dearest time so i wasnt worried.

Then out of the blue one day. Bang. It starts. And quickly.

Starts off just feeling funny, then becomes a dull throbbing pain. Within hours, i needed 4 painkillers to stop crying.

Somehow - UNDERNEIGTH that wisdomtooth, an absyss had formed. I still have no clue how this happend, considering the cause of the pain was because puss was building up quickly under there, and could not get out.

When the painkillers wore off you cant even sit still. Its impossible. Pacing back and forwarth seemed to help, just laying down, sitting still, that felt so much worse than moving.

Towards the end of the first day you're jaw locks up. Goodluck fitting anything bigger than a straw in. its like something invisible is tying you're jaws together. Even pulling you're jaw down with you're hands doesnt work to open you're mouth wider.

The night is hell, You end up puking green slime and what looks to be curdled milk because of how many painkillers youve taken.

You get to a dentist. 1st visit only, they know whats going on but need an Xray before they can start proper work. In the meantime they "help" by driving a syringe into you're gum and clearing out some of the muck. It felt like they were driving a stake into you're face. It takes less than an hour for the thing to fill again and seal up, the horde of pain comes back because the pressure starts building again. ITs impossible to try and "squeeze" out as theres nothing too squeeze. this thing is UNDER you're fricking tooth.

you somehow make it thru another day - and get back to the dentist with the xray. you opt to get all 4 out at once not wanting to go thru anything like you are now ever, ever EVER again. They do the 3 that are fine first. No sweat - sounds absolutely horrid, similar reaction to a fork going down a chalkboard, but its pain free.

they get to the troubled tooth. They use 3 syringes of local anasthetic (a single syringe did the other 3 teeth, heh) then they start on the problem tooth. You feel every, single, thing. The infection is stopping the local anasthetic from working properly. They have to hold you down because they know you can feel it, and you're jaw is still locked up so if they just wrench it out they'd probably crack/break all the teeth around it.

All that...... from what i can only imagine is the smallest bit of bacteria..... of which i still have no clue how it happend.

(My wisdom teeth were meant to come out as i had bracers, and the wisdom teeth were suposidly going to push all the other teeth forward makign it crooked and causing crowding, but as i said they looked to be coming thru the gums upright/straight...)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TigaHawk For This Post:

Calz (5th April 2012), Debra (10th April 2012)

7. Link to Post #25
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

TigaHawk. . . .I feel for your experience very deeply. I have assisted the doctor in scenarios just as you explained and suffered through.

I hated it. . . the patient would be in so much excruciating pain and yet the only way to relieve them was to get the damn thing out.

When the infection is that bad the anesthetic has little to no effect. Also, I have a feeling your wisdom tooth was impacted and bone had to be removed first to be able to remove the tooth.

8. Link to Post #26
    Australia Avalon Member TigaHawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,103 times in 742 posts

I am unsure that it impacted the bone. Nothing was used other than the thing that resembled plyers to remove em. And they were removed in a similar fashion that you remove a nail from a piece of wood, grab the end, wiggle, pull >.<

I had to get that seaweed stuff put in the socket the next day as well as it was still killing me.

I'm unsure they got everything out completely from that day, on two occasions since then ive had similar pain experiences, that seem to eminate from the same spot, but the pain stretches all across my neck as well. When this happend i had an Ultrasound and Xray in the area and they both saw "nothing". If it happens again i'll be demanding nonstop they check that its not muck leftover from the wisdom tooth thing.

Its weird. I've generaly been good with my dental health. Not 3 times a day after every meal like you're told but moreso once a day. no holes in my teeth or the such. ive been told 1 of my front teeth should be removed, but im unsure if it realy does? I got a punch to the face about 6 years back and it moved the front tooth. Its eventualy moved back, but at the time i saw a dentist and they said "yeah the impact has hurt the blood vessel that connects to that tooth its dying you should get it removed" but i never did. The tooth did get SLIGHTLY darker for a bit but now it looks the same as the other teeth, never caused me any pain? (it took about 3 years but i believe its all healed? i think?)

My wisdom tooth thing happend on the easter hollidays. There was only 1 dentist open 24/7 for emergencies, they had someone else come in for something as well, they probably arrived when he had put the needle in. They had very very worried looks on their faces after hearing me in pain and seeing me walk out in tears cradling my jaw, oh dear lol.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TigaHawk For This Post:

Calz (6th April 2012), Debra (10th April 2012)

10. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Member Amysenthia's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 times in 372 posts

Quote Posted by WhiteFeather (here)
    Im wondering if theres such a thing as holistic dentistry out there.
    Yes Whitefeather there are Holistic Dentists. Just google Holistic Dentists and you can find one close to you. Unfortunately they are few and far between.

As far a root canals most people that get a root canal end up losing the tooth in a couple of years anyway. So when comparing the risk if you have a tooth go bad just have it removed and put that money toward an implant. Thats where you are going to be down the road anyway. Then you don't have to worry about the bacteria pit left in your gum.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amysenthia For This Post:

Calz (6th April 2012), Debra (10th April 2012)

12. Link to Post #28
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

This is not true Amysenthia. I have had two teeth with root cananls and crowns for over twenty years. If you loose a tooth with a root canal it is generally because the person did not have a crown placed .

Implants are very expensive and I have seen many problems with them as a dental assistant. Plus bone has to be removed to insert the implant and many times massive infection sets up or the patient’s body would reject the metal and everything would have to be removed . . . and the bone loss would not recover

There are no “bacteria pits” left after a root canal procedure and especially after the crown is done.

Quote Amysenthia;As far a root canals most people that get a root canal end up losing the tooth in a couple of years anyway. So when comparing the risk if you have a tooth go bad just have it removed and put that money toward an implant. Thats where you are going to be down the road anyway. Then you don't have to worry about the bacteria pit left in your gum

13. Link to Post #29
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,436 times in 450 posts

xxxxx xxxxx
    Last edited by sleepy; 6th October 2013 at 12:08.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sleepy For This Post:

Calz (6th April 2012), Debra (10th April 2012), Gardener (6th April 2012), nearing (10th April 2012)

15. Link to Post #30
    Netherlands Avalon Member Black Panther's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,849 times in 847 posts

Why didn't I woke up before going to the dentist. DAMN!

I'm looking for a holistic dentist too. I have had my all my wisdom tooth
    removed. A doctor had to break the ones out on the bottom, because they
    were growing perpendicular on my other teeth. Wasn't a happy experience

I have had a root canal treatment. Lying there for hours. Later they placed a
    crown on top of it. I have black and white fillings.

Really want to do something to clean my teeth, but I don't know where to start.
    I'm glad I feel no pain, but as I looked at this video I want the mercury out of my
    mouth:

P.s. my youngest brother and my sister still have no cavities at all. The world is not fair
    Last edited by Black Panther; 6th April 2012 at 15:19. Reason: Adding a ps
    Remember Who You Are!

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Black Panther For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (10th April 2012), Calz (6th April 2012), Debra (10th April 2012), sleepy (10th April 2012)

17. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

xxxxx xxxxxxxx
    Last edited by sleepy; 6th October 2013 at 12:09.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sleepy For This Post:

Calz (9th April 2012), Debra (10th April 2012)

19. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,209 times in 1,064 posts

Sleepy, regarding the UTI, I think it's VERY plausible that bacteria loosened fro
    Root canal got carried to the bladder. Do yourself a favor and google search D-Mannose. It can prevent and heal UTIs of bladder origin.
    "In science, I discovered, you cannot find the Truth."
    --Marcel Messing (during an interview with Bill Ryan)

We demand Tesla technology

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nearing For This Post:

Calz (9th April 2012), Debra (10th April 2012), sleepy (9th April 2012)

21. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

xxxxx xxxxxxx
    Last edited by sleepy; 6th October 2013 at 12:09.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sleepy For This Post:

Calz (9th April 2012), Debra (10th April 2012)

23. Link to Post #34
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,209 times in 1,064 posts

Be sure to take your probiotics too. You are very welcome.
    "In science, I discovered, you cannot find the Truth."
    --Marcel Messing (during an interview with Bill Ryan)

We demand Tesla technology

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nearing For This Post:

Calz (9th April 2012), Debra (10th April 2012), sleepy (10th April 2012)

25. Link to Post #35
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

Quote Posted by sleepy (here)
    Thank you nearing. I am so tired of all of these antibiotics. My tummy hurts.
    Made it my whole life without taking antibiotics (at least internally) and I have lived to tell about it ...

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

Debra (10th April 2012), sleepy (10th April 2012)

27. Link to Post #36
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

I dont know but Ive been told a bad tooth can in time produce toxins that can make a person phisicaly sick.Maybey the "bad bacteria" multiplies and seeps into the bloodstream. Being "pocketed" with only an egress and no ingress the bacteria overflows. And with little blood circulation to it the antibodys have hard time reaching it. Thus it festers. Im no dentist (obviosly) but it seems logical to me. I think a bad tooth will abcess naturaly although with a lot of time and a LOT of pain. Dental pain can be severe AIII! Thank progress for novacaine and the the Eather Bunny!

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chumley For This Post:

Calz (10th April 2012), Debra (10th April 2012), nearing (10th April 2012), sleepy (10th April 2012)

29. Link to Post #37
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,210 times in 1,149 posts

There is so much that is wrong with the way we have been educated to take care of our teeth. Not only are dentists advised to use toxic things in our mouths, but almost all commercial toothpastes (including organic ones) stop our mouth from healing itself. For a few months you can still read about why it is important to stop using ANYTHING with vegetable glycerine in it as a tooth paste. Here is a link to a site where I have preserved this article: http://web.me.com/dawnmazur/Site_4/Dental_Health.html

Recently I have discovered another piece in this puzzle. My mouth has NEVER been as clean and healthy as in the last 3 months. Why? I am on a diet free of carbs and sugars... and I am growing a healthy internal garden of flora and fauna. The results through out my body are astounding. Many things I thought were due to aging were due to not having balanced gut flora... including my teeth. Here is a link to a thread devoted to this new (to me) understanding: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...hat-you-think-

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (10th April 2012), Black Panther (10th April 2012), Calz (10th April 2012), Debra (10th April 2012), Eram (10th April 2012), sleepy (10th April 2012)

31. Link to Post #38
    England Avalon Member Connecting with Sauce's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,013 times in 354 posts

I removed my dental amalgam in 2008 I documented the SAFE way to do it in Project Avalon 1 forum.

Hal Huggins is the one of the best researchers of mercury and in his discussions he has stated that there is NO safe level of mercury in the body.. One atom is enough to kill a cell! Blufire, I would not have any mercury in my body. 4 amalgams is not good to keep them in, I'd find a non mercury dentist and have them removed with a rubber dam. Also from what I have heard is that 'normal' dentists are not aware of this information so may have their old 'knowledge' clouding their views on this...

There are some excellent articles and shows here:
    http://www.oneradionetwork.com/dental-healing-articles/
    John Shore

CWSauce

My new website
    www.HealingShores.com

Some testimonials of my distant healing

Some amazing threads worth checking out to get health back on track, stay balanced and thrive..

Gall Bladder AND Liver flushing
    Taking the Piss Your Own Perfect Medicine

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Connecting with Sauce For This Post:

Black Panther (10th April 2012), Calz (10th April 2012), Debra (10th April 2012)

33. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,575 times in 2,121 posts

Great thread, I am learning more again. I almost died because of a flare up of bacteria. Because of root canal work, which was not properly completed. I could not afford at the time to finish the job of implants and crowning.

A few years later another dentist then yanked the offending tooth along with another tooth beside it that had been damaged as well. But, he had failed to note that my roots were crooked and the extraction was done hastily. It was a mess, very traumatic and it took me weeks to recover from, the pain was so bad, even after the procedure.

Then, another tooth, across the other side of my mouth became a problem another few years later. My dentist at the time decided she would not risk doing the extraction herself and in the meantime I was told I had to wait for the infection to die down before the procedure could be done. And because of the crooked roots, I had to get it done at a hospital and was told I had to make arrangements myself with a hospital. And then the most monstrous pain started, at the beginning of the easter holiday weekend. I was in agony and took myself to the emergency of a hospital, but they just sent me home with more pain killers, because of the infection. Finally 2 days later, my dentist saw how bad I had got and started making hasty phone calls to a major hospital. I was admitted very quickly. My case was pushed to number 1 on the emergency operating board. This was because the infection was so bad, up one side of my face, they said I would have been dead in another 24 hours.

So yes, floss, gargle and make regular visits to your dentist.

And .. Sleepy your post makes a lot of sense. Around the time of my root canal work, I also suffered from a very bad UTI. And until I read your post, I never put the two together. I was hospitalised because of that problem as well.

Glad to report though that my health and my teeth are doing well .. and I intend to keep it that way. Staying off the carbs and sugar, that is good advice Dawn.

As a side note, I was once told by a former member of the olympic team from the former Yugoslavia that all athletes underwent a rigorous screening through the condition of their teeth, before acceptance to become part of the team. So, they must of understood the different ways that our teeth affect our whole performance.

[QUOTE][I]
    Quote Posted by sleepy (here)
    After reading some of Dr. Price’s work I just cannot believe this is a coincidence. I googled infected tooth/UTI and root canal/UTI and found many people experienced a UTI after an infected tooth or root canal. Of course I found this mostly on message boards and not in medical journals and research besides the few exceptions that have been mentioned in this thread.
    Quote I called my Oral surgeon’s office to ask if I can take antibiotics for a UTI because I still have one dose of antibiotics for my oral surgery. They told me it would be fine. I asked if they think there is a connection because the last time I had this tooth worked on I got a UTI. The lady just said, she didn’t think so. I told her that I did a web search and found several people had suffered the same thing and she said, “interesting.” I know that the Doctors and their staff are educated and intelligent but I feel that everything has to fit into a nice little box for them and they don’t really pay attention to what their patients tell them. I do hope that all of the bacteria have been removed from the site. The surgeon scraped and cleaned the area around where the tooth was. I think that maybe at the time of both of my surgeries the infection made it’s way into my blood and into my bladder or kidneys. It would be nice if I had a Doctor that would even consider this possibility. I need to do find a holistic dr./dentist.
    Last edited by Debra; 10th April 2012 at 09:34.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Debra For This Post:

Black Panther (10th April 2012), Calz (10th April 2012), Eram (10th April 2012), PathWalker (10th April 2012), sleepy (10th April 2012)

35. Link to Post #40
    Israel Avalon Member PathWalker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,056 times in 1,088 posts

I would like to add my perspective that coincides with Dr. Mercola.
    Chronic illness is result of long time low intensity inflammatory process in the body.
    After some time, the immune system gives up and the illness manifest.

So there are 2 prong policies to heal the body.
    1. Stop/reduce the inflammation, by removing/detaching the infectious source and detoxing the body.
    2. Improving and strengthening the immune system. With healthy nutrition and physical exercise.

In my belief long standing condition requires long term healing attention.
    And I did not mention the emotional aspect of any healing.
    We are playing a virtual reality game, of duality. In the game of choices, align your choices with your ideals. Everything is whole, complete and perfect. Even yourself. Love is the power to change/create.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to PathWalker For This Post:

Debra (10th April 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast