+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New video on the Gulf Oil Catastrophe - and more (Bill Ryan groundcrew presentation)

1. Link to Post #21
    Australia Avalon Member bluestflame's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,500 times in 1,808 posts

Default Re: New video on the Gulf Oil Catastrophe - and more (Bill Ryan groundcrew presentati

mesel;f i rekon this should be being monitored and if necessary and more usefull "seeding " the ocean currents ahead of the oil globules with something organic and biodegradable to allow it time to work on the globules in transit , no doubt other countries need to be if they are not already watching with great interest in order to observe effects of currently implemented measures and perhaps strategise alternatives in the advent it's somthign they are forced to face , (now we know it's still there but less visible )

a couple of interesting links < I emphasise this is only information to highlight the effect of ocean currents and temperature fluctuations of the ocean currents on the rest of the climate patterns globally
    not making any predictions , just drawing attention to some others research

"The Coming Global Superstorm (ISBN 0-671-04190-8) is a 1999 book by Art Bell and Whitley Strieber which predicts that global warming might produce sudden and catastrophic climatic effects.
    The book posits the following theory:
    First, that the Gulf Stream and North Atlantic drift generates a cordon of warm water around the north pole, which in turn creates a cordon of warm air that holds in a frozen mass of arctic air.
    Second, that if the North Atlantic Current were to shut down, that barrier would fail, releasing a flood of frozen air into the northern hemisphere, effecting a sudden and drastic temperature shift."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Com...bal_Superstorm

the movie "the day after tomorrow" which i have mentioned in other posts

"The movie was inspired by The Coming Global Superstorm, a book co-authored by Coast to Coast AM talk radio host Art Bell and Whitley Strieber. Strieber also wrote the film's novelization. The book "The Sixth Winter" written by Douglas Orgill and John Gribbin published in 1979 follows a similar theme. So does the novel "Ice!" by Arnold Federbush, published in 1978.
    Shortly before and during the release of the movie, members of environmental and political advocacy groups distributed pamphlets to moviegoers describing what they believe to be the possible effects of global warming. Although the film depicts some effects of global warming predicted by scientists, like rising sea levels, more destructive storms, and disruption of ocean currents and weather patterns, it depicts these events happening much more rapidly and severely than is considered scientifically plausible, and the theory that a "superstorm" will create rapid worldwide climate change does not appear in the scientific literature. When the film was playing in theaters, much criticism was directed at politicians concerning the Kyoto Protocol and climate change. The film's scientific adviser was Dr. Michael Molitor, a leading climate change consultant who worked as a negotiator on the Kyoto Protocol."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_After_Tomorrow
    Last edited by bluestflame; 22nd July 2010 at 09:25. Reason: food for thought

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bluestflame For This Post:

Turcurulin (7th April 2012)

3. Link to Post #22
    Australia Avalon Member bluestflame's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,500 times in 1,808 posts

Default Re: New video on the Gulf Oil Catastrophe - and more (Bill Ryan groundcrew presentati

another observation ,there's a mention of the toxicity of the corexit in the ocean , the volume used and the ratio of the water to mix it with of the gulf of mexico a few figures have been thrown around ( all over the place ) the assumption takes into account the estimated volume of the whole gulf , but what are the effects of the water density the more miles you go down into the gulf depths , does this reduce the capacity of the corexit to mix with the more compacted deeper ocean water , ie does it effectively mean that the dispersant is not actually dispersed as much as they rekon and it's actually in a higher concentration cos it's only penetrating the ocean to a certain depth then gravity versus density etc. prevents it getting any deeper , so in a sense forming a pont of oil and corexit on the superficial waters

yeah i know i think too much , but looking at things perhaps isn't getting a lot of attention

4. Link to Post #23
    Thanks

Bill I think if you never did another thing in your life, the contribution you have made during this Oil Disaster would be enough.
    Your clear ,level thinking, and presentation have been a comfort to many. "Just the Facts Please"
    Bravo Sir! Way to go.
    Perception is Everything

5. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

bill i was reading an article this evening...bp is saying the leaking oil 2 to 3 miles away is comimg from a now defunct well,bill what is your take on this news break and do you have any info concerning the old leaky well...many thanks bill...love light and abundance...thirdeye...

6. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,286 times in 1,362 posts

What I don't get is - if it only took a cap to fix the problem - what took so long?

The barriers of your belief will form the bars which imprison your mind.

7. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,400 times in 32,916 posts

Quote Posted by THIRDEYE (here)
    bill i was reading an article this evening...bp is saying the leaking oil 2 to 3 miles away is comimg from a now defunct well,bill what is your take on this news break and do you have any info concerning the old leaky well...many thanks bill...love light and abundance...thirdeye...
    According to the folks at The Oil Drum Forum, it really is just a leaky old well... rather like oil dripping from the engine of your car.

Just one of those things that isn't worth fixing, because the amount of leakage is so small. Many people don't know that there are about 4,000 other wells (old and new) in the Gulf of Mexico. Not just one!

Quote Posted by Teakai (here)
    What I don't get is - if it only took a cap to fix the problem - what took so long?
    I have to say: that beats the heck out of me.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Turcurulin (7th April 2012)

9. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,831 times in 304 posts

Hi Bill,
    I'm not sure if this is where I should post this and you may already be aware - they are warning (our local
    weather network) that the tropical storm swirling in the Caribbean is now Tropical Storm Bonnie and they
    are saying it will affect the oil spill in the Gulf. Work on the relief well is suspended and crews are heading
    out, as the storm is on course to hit the oil field. They go on to say that although the storm is far from the area, crews require a few days to evacuate. Most importantly they are also reporting that it could take up to two weeks before they can resume the effort to kill the well.

caren

10. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,079 times in 653 posts

I just found the NOAA, report read it, and was going to post it as well. No need. I'm not ready to shut the door on the seeps or plumes just yet though. This is no joke, it's a disaster any way one looks at it. One thing Matt probably does have right and that's the cost of cleaning it up. Don't care much about the cost myself because it's a must but oh, what a waste of life and resources. This better stick in our collective conscious for centuries to come. Someone etch it into stone and stick it vertically in the ground in Georgia or something.

Oh yeah, and somewhere on that stone it should be mentioned, when in trouble, don't fudge the picture.
    Last edited by sygh; 23rd July 2010 at 02:46.

11. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,831 times in 304 posts

Hi Bill,
    Thought I should mention that this morning on our weather network they are telling us that "the cap that
    has been keeping the oil bottled up since last week, may have to be reopened. As a result crude would be
    gushing into the Gulf of Mexico again again." This is connected directly to the incoming storm. Again, you
    may already be aware of this as I haven't checked the other threads this morning.
    caren

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2