+ Reply to Thread
Page 162 of 176 FirstFirst 1 62 112 152 162 172 176 LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,240 of 3518

Thread: Massive Bank and High Profile Resignations Across the World

1. Link to Post #3221
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,457 times in 2,874 posts

Default Re: Massive Bank and High Profile Resignations Across the World

ITCCS News Flash: Highest catholic official in Ireland resigns after public exposure

Posted on September 9, 2014 Ireland

Irish Cardinal Sean Brady to step down

Dublin, September 9, 2014: Cardinal Sean Brady offered his resignation today after it was recently revealed that he forced an 11 year old rape victim to sign a statement denying that he was molested and assaulted by catholic priests. This exposure of Brady happened recently on Sean Maguire’s blog radio program featuring ITCCS spokesman Kevin Annett and eyewitnesses to Brady’s action.

In related news, the ITCCS and its common law courts are convening a public inquiry this month into Cardinal Brady’s attempted cover up of the mass killing of newborn babies at a catholic home in Tuam, Ireland. The remains of over 800 babies were discovered months ago in a cistern connected to the catholic home. Stay tuned for updates at www.itccs.org .

and

http://itccs.org/2014/09/09/a-specia...al-sean-brady/

A Special Commentary-Update on the Deposing of Irish Cardinal Sean Brady

Posted on September 9, 2014

The Maggots are Dropping like Flies: A Requiem for Cardinal Sean Brady, as the Papal Mess Falls

by Kevin D. Annett

9 September, 2014

Life is tough these days for that growing constitutency known as deposed catholic hierarchs.

Ask Sean Brady. One moment he’s riding high as Ireland’s top papal cop, dining with Presidents and smiling for the cameras; then in a twinkling, he’s out on his ass, wondering what the bejazuz went wrong.

Brady got forcibly retired yesterday by a swift kick from a pair of papal brogans after the news broke across Ireland about a particular indiscretion of his, years ago.

Forcing an eleven year old church rape victim to sign a statement that it never happened is one of the sad but necessary jobs of any catholic priest – and they all do it, or protect those who do. It’s a canon law requirement to protect the in house kiddy rapists, after all. But when Brady did so to young Brendan Boland, who had been raped by a priest named Brendan Smyth who went on to violate kids for years afterwards, the little victim did the unusual thing years later and wrote a book about it called “Sworn to Silence”. And the whole story hit the internet this week on Sean Maguire’s Galway-based radio show featuring yours truly.

Sean Maguire, you see, is Brendan Boland’s cousin. Slam dunk.

Cardinal Brady is the fourth top Vatican official since 2013 to step down while in office after their crimes against the innocent were exposed by our Tribunal. Count ‘em: Pope Benedict (Joe the Rat Ratzinger), followed by Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone, then Jesuit head Adolfo Pachon, and now Seanie boy. Even that cute media-crafted Pope Francis, another convicted felon who likes to traffic children and even worse, is nervously talking of quitting these days.

Now don’t start pitying the motley crew. Retired clergy, especially those who prove their “right stuff” by their abominable acts, end up in cushy retirement sinecures where they can compose the kind of self-serving epistles on church reform that Martin Luther once eloquently compared to “farts laced with perfume”. But Sean Brady is no ordinary out-to-pasture crook. He’d become a major liability to Rome’s desperate PR effort to sweeten the smell of all those little corpses.

For one thing, Brady was the moving force behind Ireland’s latest cover up of mass murder, after the remains of 800 babies were discovered in a cistern at a catholic orphanage in Tuam. According to a Dublin church insider, Brady and his assistant Archbishop Dermot Martin – now his successor in crime – have kept a lid on any Gardai police inquiry into the Tuam grave site with payoffs to politicians, threats against eyewitnesses and the usual misinformation campaign in Ireland’s trained-seal corporate media.

Well that was all fine and good, and the definite papal modus operandi. But Brady got personally involved in the whole mess, which is never a good thing for someone with a tainted past. Apparently he tried pressuring some of the cops who tried acting like cops to back off from poking around the Tuam cistern. And one of the Gardai in question got royally pissed off in response and broke the real story to one of our people in Dublin.

That story, simply, is that an initial forensic examination of the babies’ remains at Tuam found that many of the skeletons had been decapitated and dismembered, in the manner of sacrificial rituals. And Brady’s determination to keep that fact quiet suggests an obvious link to the group probably responsible for the killings: the infamous catholic Ninth Circle cult whose routine, ritual slaying of newborns is based, according to participants, in Belgium, Holland, and Ireland.

With all that surfacing of those inconvenient corpses, Sean Brady had to go, and quickly, to allow the Vatican spin to win.

Be that as it may, Sean Brady belongs behind bars, along with every child raping and rapist-protecting priest in Ireland. And that’s the job of the newly-convened Common Law Court of Galway, which will be investigating and prosecuting everyone responsible for the Tuam child massacre, and its coverup.

I’m not surprised that this madness is provoking the Beast to once again lash out at our efforts and at me personally, as we move closer to ending their reign of terror. That’s what happens in a war. But we know that we are now on the winning side.

In the words of our Republican friends and ancestors, Tiocfaidh ár lá: Our Day Will Come. In truth, it already has.

………………….

Kevin Annett’s great grandfather, Daniel Edward O’Neill, , was the sole survivor of a “coffin ship” of Irish refugees who landed as an orphan at age ten in Montreal. Like any child of Erin, Kev is perfecting his back stroke in anticipation of some serious head taking.

www.KevinAnnett.com
    www.itccs.org

and

http://itccs.org/2014/09/10/transcri...rs-in-belgium/

Transcript of Anne Marie van Blijenburgh’s testimony about child murders in Belgium

Posted on September 10, 2014 Belgium

Issued by The International Common Law Court of Justice, Brussels

Copyright ITCCS 2014. All rights reserved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbhM...ature=youtu.be

My name is Anne Marie van Blijenburgh. I have been married for twenty four years to Kees van Korlaar. Together with his three brothers, Kees van Korlaar forms a criminal organization known as the Octopus Syndicate (ed. Note: This is a slang term in Holland for Ndrangheta, the modern Italian -based Mafia). They have worked from 1960 on to today. By order of Queen Beatrix they have organized the murder, torture, rape and killing of children in a public setting. They organized that through youth detention centers in the Netherlands.

full story at link
    Last edited by Sabrina; 12th September 2014 at 09:42.
    Oh my ears and whiskers, how late it's getting!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sabrina For This Post:

Hervé (12th September 2014), Inaiá (21st September 2014), KiwiElf (16th September 2014), penn (13th September 2014), Reinhard (17th September 2014), skuzzy (19th September 2014)

3. Link to Post #3222
    Thanks

Frack Free Sussex - 11 September - UK

AMAZING NEWS FOR SUSSEX THIS MORNING!!!!! The application by Celtique Energy to drill at Fernhurst has been UNANIMOUSLY REFUSED by the South Downs National Park Planning Committee. Campaigners wept tears of relief and joy at this mornings decision. A Massive THANK YOU to everyone who objected to the application! MORE NEWS SOON!!!

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sabrina For This Post:

golden lady (17th September 2014), Hervé (12th September 2014), KiwiElf (16th September 2014), penn (13th September 2014), Reinhard (17th September 2014), ulli (12th September 2014)

5. Link to Post #3223
    Thanks

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/ne...-30580973.html

'All money in the world can't make up for what we took...' Nazareth children were wronged, admits nun

12 Sept Ireland

Catholic children who were selected for migration "to populate Australia" had been done a "grave injustice", the Sisters of Nazareth religious order has admitted.

Abandoned, orphaned or illegitimate children were given a "glowing report" of what life would be like for them in Australia and were selected by the order as long as they were white, "(had) good health and good stock", the Historical Abuse Inquiry heard yesterday.

The admission came from the congregation's spokeswoman as she gave evidence to the Banbridge inquiry concerning the placement of 111 children from its homes in Belfast and Londonderry in Australian institutions in the 1940s and 1950s.

Sister Brenda McCall acknowledged the lasting impact of the migration scheme on the children and told the inquiry: "With hindsight, the congregation regrets the grave injustice done to these children in sending them out, not just the children but to their families as well.

"The most eloquent apology, or the most beautiful monument, or no matter how much money they receive, will ever make up for what we took away from them."

The nun went on to say she knew that some of the children had made good lives for themselves in Australia as adults.

However, from having spoken to some of these adults in Australia, she realised that they had still had, "this 'what if, what if I had stayed in Ireland?'" on their minds.

"We have to acknowledge – the government, the British government, the Australian government, the churches, the congregations, the institutions – we all have to put our hands up and acknowledge that maybe it wasn't the right thing even though it was thought to be in the best interests of the child at the time," Sr McCall said.

The children were selected on the basis that the move to Australia was "in betterment" for them and the Sisters of Nazareth were responding to a need by the Australian and British governments at the time for young people to help populate the country.

The inquiry heard from a written statement from a 102-year-old nun that: "My memory is that a Christian Brother sent by the British Council came in to say that the government wanted Catholic children to populate Australia."

Sr McCall further told the inquiry that her order was informed by the Australian government that: "The children had to be white. That was the first thing.

"They had to have good health and good stock." She said that in the middle of 1947, the Australian government told them that they were sending "substandard children" and they were then required to give potential immigrants IQ tests.

The inquiry also heard that one of the Christian Brothers congregation had given a classroom of boys a "glowing report" of what life would be like for them in Australia and they were asked to put their hands up if they wanted to go.

Sr McCall refuted the suggestion that her order received any payment for the placement of the young children and said that their travel costs were paid for by the Australian government.

At hearing.

Background

The Historical Abuse Inquiry being held in Banbridge, Co Down, is investigating the alleged physical and sexual abuse and neglect suffered by children who were cared for in a range of religious and state-run residential institutions in Northern Ireland from 1922-95.

It began looking at the institutions run by the Sisters of Nazareth in Londonderry and Belfast and then went on to hear evidence from children who were sent to Australia to live in religious-run institutions there.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sabrina For This Post:

Hervé (12th September 2014), Inaiá (21st September 2014), KiwiElf (16th September 2014), penn (13th September 2014), Reinhard (17th September 2014)

7. Link to Post #3224
    Thanks

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/bu..._126981640.htm

Britain to include China's RMB as foreign currency reserve

LONDON, Sept. 12 (Xinhua) -- British Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne announced Friday that the British government intend to issue a Renminbi denominated bond and to use the proceeds to finance the government's reserves of foreign currency.

"I can now announce that the UK government intend to be the first national government outside of China to issue a bond in China's currency. We issued bonds in U.S. dollar before, now we will be issuing a bond in RMB," said Osborne in the press release of the Sixth China-UK Economic and Financial Dialogue (EFD).

Chinese Vice Premier Ma Kai and Osborne concluded the meeting of the Sixth China-UK Economic and Financial Dialogue in London.

Osborne described this dialogue outcome as "a historic moment" and a statement of British confidence in the potential of the RMB to become "the main global reserves currency".

"And let me be clear, as China becomes a bigger and bigger part of the world economy, their currency is going to be used around the world. We here in Britain understand that, and we want us to be the first country in the west to seize the opportunities that it will bring," declared Osborne.

Meanwhile, the issuance of Chinese currency bond means jobs and investment in Britain, which the government's long-term economic plan is all about, noted Osborne.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sabrina For This Post:

KiwiElf (16th September 2014), PathWalker (15th September 2014), Reinhard (17th September 2014), Rollo (16th September 2014)

9. Link to Post #3225
    Thanks

http://beforeitsnews.com/celebrities...o-2469854.html

Nicole Kidman’s Father Dies Amid Pedophile, Child Murder ring allegations (video)

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Dr. Antony Kidman died Friday after fleeing Australia when accused of the sexual abuse and murder of children in an elite Sydney pedophile ring. A month prior Fiona Barnett had filed a complaint with the Australian NSW police and Child Abuse Royal Commission alleging Kidman’s sexual and physical assaults on her throughout childhood. When the Commission opened an investigation the clinical psychologist suddenly left his 43 years with the Sydney University of Technology and Royal North Shore Hospital to stay in Singapore until he died. The family has refused to comment and Singapore police opened an investigation on what they termed as an unnatural death.

Yesterday Barnett released her own theory about Kidman’s death,” The main perpetrator of my child sexual abuse, Antony Kidman, is dead after I filed formal complaints accusing him of the rape, torture and murder of children in an exclusive Sydney pedophile ring. As a child victim of mind control I feel he’s been sacrificed for failing to adequately program me.”

“Kidman was responsible for ensuring that I never disclosed pedophile ring activities that I witnessed as a child,” she continued. “He failed. News of Kidman’s death impacted me, someone who has undergone intense treatment. I know that there are other victims of Kidman’s crimes out there who are perhaps not as far along the healing path as I am. I anticipate that news of Kidman’s death may have a serious impact on these victims. A perpetrator’s death can even trigger suicidal ideation.

“My complaints last month to the Australian Child Abuse Royal Commission detailed two incidents in which Kidman subjected me to horrific physical and sexual assault” Barnett said. “But there are even more serious crimes against children that I witnessed Kidman commit as a member of the elite Sydney pedophile ring. Those complaints have gone to the International Common Law Court of Justice in Brussels.”

full story at link

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sabrina For This Post:

fifi (16th September 2014), Inaiá (21st September 2014), KiwiElf (16th September 2014), Reinhard (17th September 2014)

11. Link to Post #3226
    Thanks

Love the way he nails the creation of a perpetual state of war and war crimes created by the West ...

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sabrina For This Post:

fifi (16th September 2014), KiwiElf (16th September 2014), Rollo (16th September 2014), skuzzy (22nd September 2014)

13. Link to Post #3227
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,520 times in 5,690 posts

Snowden exposes GCSB & NSA's covert spying in NZ - Our worst fears proven true
    By James Robins, Yahoo New Zealand September 16, 2014, 3:34 pm

(Also created on a separate thread but important enough it should go here too - KE)

https://nz.news.yahoo.com/opinion/po...s-proven-true/

Forget Kim Dotcom’s stupid blustering and the obscenely misleading event he conducted last night at the Auckland Town Hall. Forget Julian Assange’s ridiculous rambling about the “deep state”. Forget Robert Amsterdam’s alarming speculation about American hegemony. Forget the Internet Mana Party’s opportunistic hijacking of a serious issue.

The whole affair was pointless in the extreme. It smothered the most critically important revelations to emerge about a New Zealand government in generations.

The Intercept’s report yesterday, written by Glenn Greenwald by use of Edward Snowden’s trove of leaked National Security Agency (NSA) documents, is a damning expose of our political elite which has deceived and mislead the public.

The Government Communications Security Bureau (GCSB) has used technology and methods created by the NSA which has undermined democracy and basic civil liberties in this country, and we should feel a deep sense of indignation that our worst fears have been proven true.

Some context: Last year, after it had been revealed that Kim Dotcom and 88 other New Zealanders had been illegally spied on by the GCSB, the Prime Minister promised reforms which would clarify and clear up surveillance law. That new bill was “not about expanding the powers of a mysterious intelligence empire," John Key insisted. "It simply makes clear what the GCSB may and may not do.”

The Law Society and QC Rodney Harrison angrily disagreed. The proposal was “inconsistent with the rights to freedom of expression and freedom from unreasonable search and seizure”, and the bill was forced through Parliament in a way that “degrades the democratic quality of the legislative process.”

Greenwald’s reporting has utterly vindicated this assessment.

Together, Snowden and Greenwald emphasise the way in which Key refuted public fears of an unprecedented expansion in spying powers, while presiding over an agency which was doing precisely that.

Rather than prosecute, censure, or even chastise those responsible for breaking the law in the first instance, the decision was made to use the GCSB’s horrendous breach of trust as an excuse: to radically widen the State’s power, and retroactively legalise the previous wrongdoing.

While waiting for the bill to pass (eventually by two votes), Greenwald’s reporting reveals the government was actively participating with the NSA to tap and probe the undersea cables which links New Zealand’s internet infrastructure to the rest of the globe. This is known by the codename ‘Speargun’. Wholesale collection of data (both meta and otherwise) was the chief goal, and we have every reason to believe this has become an everyday occurrence.

This is sinister and morally corrupt in the extreme.

Not only did the Prime Minister mislead the public about the nature of that law change, he continues to mislead the public about whether mass surveillance of New Zealanders has occurred.

This troubling fact was raised by Edward Snowden himself in an excoriating companion piece for The Intercept. “If you live in New Zealand, you are being watched,” he says. “The prime minister’s claim to the public, that ‘there is no and there never has been any mass surveillance’ is false.” [sic]

The validity of Snowden’s claim rests on knowledge of a program called ‘X-Keyscore’, a “wide-ranging” system which requires no court warrant and no prior approval of senior intelligence officials. There are no ‘checks and balances’.

The program, according to Glenn Greenwald, “covers ‘nearly everything a typical user does on the internet’, including the content of emails, websites visited and searches, as well as their metadata.” This can range from the wholesale collection of text messages, emails, and Facebook meassages, to precise details of travel plans and contact books.

According to a joint Channel 4/Guardian investigation, more than 800,000 financial transactions “either through text-to-text payments or linking credit cards to phone users” are intercepted every single day.

Some members of the public will no doubt concede that this is an important thing. Indeed, every intelligence program run by the Five Eyes countries is publicly justified because it ‘prevents terrorism’ or ‘defends against cyber-attacks.’

But this absolutely necessary protection has been undermined by the indiscriminate collection of anyone’s data. New Zealand’s principal spy agency plays a role in a global surveillance apparatus which consumes information regardless of merit.

There are justifications for mass surveillance which do not comply with the narrow definition of ‘terrorism’ or ‘cyber-attacks’: Various agencies have spied on private economic interests like the Brazilian oil giant Petrobras. German Chancellor Angela Merkel, former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, and the Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono all had their private phones tapped.

Most alarmingly, ostensibly innocent and unsuspecting international organisations have been spied on, including the United Nations Development Programme, the United Nations Children's Fund, and Medecins du Monde.

What possible justification could there be for targeting non-partisan aid agencies?

After all of these revelations, after all of these admissions of guilt, the principal failing of our government is thus: they conducted their business in secret, subverting our undeniable right to information.

If the public are comfortable with their online connections and communications being hoovered up by vast apparatuses of the State, why would John Key not explain it accordingly? Why would John Key say one thing and do the complete opposite? Why would John Key lie over and over again if spying programs are so palatable to the public?

These are all remarkably important questions, and in the name of accountable and transparent government, we deserve answers. Now.

More from James Robins on Twitter: @James_ARobins

14. Link to Post #3228
    Thanks

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-pressure.html

16 Sept UK

South Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner FINALLY resigns over Rotherham sex abuse scandal 'for sake of victims'… but gets to keep his pension

Shaun Wright was in charge of children's services before police role

He was told to stand down after damning report into child abuse

But he clung onto his £85,000 role for weeks, insisting he had support

Mr Wright finally resigned today, claiming it was 'for the sake of victims'

But it emerged he will keep his pension, which he can claim aged just 55

He has been harangued in public meetings since the inquiry reported

Calls for MP David Blunkett to take over role, but he insists: 'I'm an MP'

Shaun Wright has finally resigned as South Yorkshire's police and crime commissioner after weeks of pressure over the Rotherham child abuse scandal.

The police official had caused widespread anger by his refusal to step down after an inquiry found 1,400 children had been abused in the area over a 16-year period.

In a statement released by his office today, Mr Wright claimed the media attention in the wake of the report was 'detracting from the important issue' of bringing criminals to justice and supporting victims.

full story at link

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sabrina For This Post:

Inaiá (21st September 2014), KiwiElf (18th September 2014), Reinhard (20th September 2014)

16. Link to Post #3229
    Thanks

Angry crowd throw an MP in the bin - Finance Minister in Ukraine... Ok not a very loving thing to do to a fellow human, but sort of a symbol of what people are feeling about the lies and spin and war mongering empty rhetoric of many politicians out there (ah and Royals)...

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sabrina For This Post:

Inaiá (21st September 2014), KiwiElf (18th September 2014), Reinhard (20th September 2014)

18. Link to Post #3230
    Thanks

http://philosophyofmetrics.com/2014/...eserve-begins/

ECONOMICS

SEPARATION OF US TREASURY AND FEDERAL RESERVE BEGINS

SEPTEMBER 17, US

H.R. 24 ‘Audit the Fed’ Bill Passes in House

By JC Collins

With all of the other economic and geopolitical events which are taking place this week we can now add the passage of the Audit the Fed bill in Congress. The bill was overwhelmingly passed with a margin of 333 to 92.

Congressman Ron Broun issued the following statement:

“Today’s passage of the Audit the Fed bill brings us one step closer towards bringing much-needed transparency to our nation’s monetary policy. For the past 100 years, the Federal Reserve, a quasi-government agency, has acted under a veil of secrecy – controlling our monetary policy and thus, our economy. While in recent years, the Fed has been granted a greater role in overseeing the regulation of our financial system, current law specifically prohibits audits of the Federal Reserve’s deliberations, decisions, or actions on monetary policy. This lack of accountability and transparency has led to grievous consequences – and it must end.

“I applaud my colleagues, Republicans and Democrats alike, for their support of this vital bill, and I commend my good friend and former colleague Dr. Ron Paul for his leadership on this important issue. I strongly encourage Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid to recall his past support for this legislation – which he stated as recently as 2010 – and to bring this bill before the Senate for a vote, so we may deliver the transparency and government accountability the American people need and deserve.”

The full bill can be read here.
    http://www.thewestwire.com/h-r-24-au...sses-in-house/

Now that we are on the verge of the economic transition to the multilateral system it is only prudent for the US Government and Treasury to begin distancing itself from the Federal Reserve and start implementing the blame game.

Those who have been following my site since January will recognize the obvious pattern at play here. Congress has held up the passage of the legislation required to enact the 2010 IMF Code of Reforms which will restructure the Executive Board of the International Monetary Fund, allowing for the US Fed dollar to be removed as the primary reserve currency of the world and the SDR super-sovereign currency to be implemented in the role.

Another aspect of the 2010 Reforms will be to allow for the addition of the Chinese renminbi to the SDR basket value. The renminbi is quickly internationalizing and the Shanghai Gold Exchange is a major component of that process.

We are witnessing dramatic changes taking place this year and the hits keep coming. We can hardly go half a day now without another big economic or geopolitical story breaking. – JC

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sabrina For This Post:

foreverfan (26th September 2014), Inaiá (21st September 2014), KiwiElf (18th September 2014), Reinhard (20th September 2014), ulli (18th September 2014)

20. Link to Post #3231
    Thanks

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...an-claims.html

19 Sept

Goldman Sachs hits back against Libyan claims

Wall Street bank responds to accusations that Libya's sovereign wealth fund was cheated out of more than $1bn during the Gaddafi era

Goldman Sachs has hit back at allegations that the Wall Street giant duped Libya’s $60bn sovereign wealth fund into trades that lost the country vast sums of money while making the bank hundreds of millions in profits.

In court documents filed this week, Goldman denied that the Libyan Investment Authority (LIA) had been “financially illiterate” when entering into trades that proved worthless, and rejected claims that its bankers had cosied up to LIA officials. It is also claiming unspecified damages against the LIA.

The LIA is gearing up for separate London court battles against Goldman and the French bank Societe Generale, claiming they raked in huge fees and abused the fund’s trust during the Muammar Gaddafi era.

The LIA, created in the mid-2000s as the West gradually lifted sanctions on Gaddafi’s Libya, planned to grow to a $100bn wealth fund, but lost billions in trades executed by the banks when the financial crisis struck.

A $1.2bn investment in derivatives linked to the share prices of major banks and energy firms made by Goldman on the LIA’s behalf became almost worthless in 2008 as stock markets crashed around the world. The bank is said to have made a $350m profit on the deal.

more at the link

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sabrina For This Post:

Inaiá (21st September 2014), KiwiElf (20th September 2014), PathWalker (22nd September 2014), penn (26th September 2014), Reinhard (20th September 2014)

22. Link to Post #3232
    Thanks

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/0...mestic+News%29

19 Sept ho ho...

Russian vote monitor denounces London pressure in Scottish 'no' vote

(Reuters) - The director of a pro-Kremlin vote monitoring agency which sent observers to Scotland's referendum denounced the result on Friday, saying Scots were pressured into rejecting independence to avoid comparisons with Crimea's vote to secede from Ukraine.

"All strength and resources were thrown into preventing Scotland from splitting, and people were de facto threatened that if they secede...there will be all sorts of troubles," said Georgy Fyodorov, head of a Russian vote monitoring group.

"This influenced the decisive votes," Fyodorov said, adding that although the campaign was roughly in line with local laws, it was faulty. Fyodorov also said his three observers in Scotland had doubts over vote counting in some small polling stations that he said were run by supporters of the union.

Russian media had closely followed preparations for the Scottish vote, comparing them to referendums held in Crimea, before the Ukrainian territory's annexation by Russia, and in eastern Ukraine, known as the Donbass region.

Neither vote was recognised as legitimate by the West, but for many in Russia, a Scottish "Yes" vote would have been seen as legitimising separatist sentiments in Crimea and in eastern Ukraine, where Kiev accuses Russia of fanning violence.

"The British monarchy would not be able to recognise (a "yes" vote in Scotland) because then they would have to recognise that residents of Donbass want to split and they would have to recognise the Crimea referendum," Fyodorov told Reuters.

Residents of Crimea voted in March to join Russia, and the Russian-speaking regions of Donetsk and Luhansk held a referendum in May which vote organisers said showed that most wanted self-rule.

The international community refused to recognise the votes over numerous violations, and the West blames Moscow for fanning the violence in Ukraine. The Kremlin denies that and says the West uses double standards vis-a-vis Russia.

and

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2014/09...-secret-video/

Scotland: Referendum Rigging Caught in Secret Video

What Makes Great Britain “Great” Keeps the United Kingdom “United” by Gordon Duff

40 million Scots weren’t allowed to vote in the referendum that ended up with a broad 10% “No” majority. Scotland made it clear, we are sticking with what many Scots, what some of us know to be a clear majority, refer to as “the festering corpse of England.”

If the video is correct as to type of ballot used, it would not be considered legal in any international election. Anyone could create a thousand of these in 20 minutes, they aren’t tracked by voter ID numbers, like paper ballots elsewhere, and their isn’t a concurrent computer record, though those, when used alone are easily hacked. This is the worst case of “low tech” vote rigging since Tammany Hall.

For those of us who have worked as election observers, the video is obvious. Were this an election in Ghana or the Ukraine, it would be internationally decertified immediately. Based on this video alone, it is not unreasonable for the international community to choose to recognize an independent Scotland that would and should form a government in exile.

Britain, of course, still has ancient laws that prohibit such things, laws protecting their neuvo-Germanic royals from attempts to question “their rule.” Any who can read or still turn on a television had deduced that Britain is ruled by child molesters long blackmailed by Israeli run media giants such as “News of the World.”

Who would want to leave something like that, who wouldn’t want Cameron or Tony Blair representing them. On his worst day, even the UKIP British, the pro-Israeli neo-Nazi hate group would rather see Obama as Prime Minister. After all, he is slightly less toadying and, if actually a Kenyan as some claim, qualified as by birth as well.

Last week I weighed in on behalf of independence, based on largely emotion and romanticism. I had heard George Galloway’s rationale for staying tied to Britain and found it utter bollocks and I like Galloway.

I have spent periods of my life in Britain, I work there, have friends across Britain and admire much about the British people. To Americans, they are truly “the cousins.” The Scots, on the other hand, are less welcoming, less warm. However, they are our family.

We aren’t going to be able to fix this problem with the referendum. I thank whoever took this video and hope it wasn’t staged at “bin Laden Studios” in Tel Aviv as so many hoaxes are. If it is not, and we will know that soon enough, there will be hell to pay.

The mainstream news will be fun to watch, just to see if they report any of it just before their own buildings are burned to the ground, which can very well happen under such circumstances. We have already seen the downing of flight MH17, a NATO/Ukraine false flag terror attack shuffled off the pages of the press after the humiliating attempt by the Dutch to bury the story under manure.

We will see if, by the end of the day, this video is seen on television across Scotland, debunked as a hoax or buried. Over the past week, we have had two interesting such snippets, the other being the blackmail murder threat against Reagan advisor Lee Wanta, a $30 billion blackmail attempt, largest in world history. The whole thing was recorded, played on radio, now released in the Russian press, sent to the FBI and not a word, though to American political fixers openly plot a murder in pretty incredible audio quality.

We are being tested. The Snowden release of the 2003 real 9/11 report was censored. Veterans Today is publishing recently declassified documents from America’s nuclear research laboratories showing that two generations of American scientists were educated in what Jim W. Dean calls “flat earth” physics.

Daily, we are seeing to what degree our history was stolen. Is the “referendum” the theft of the lives and honour of the Scottish people as well? If so, it won’t be the first time.
    Last edited by Sabrina; 20th September 2014 at 06:43.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sabrina For This Post:

KiwiElf (20th September 2014), nicktobias7 (21st September 2014), PathWalker (22nd September 2014), Reinhard (20th September 2014)

24. Link to Post #3233
    Thanks

Journalists Hit Back with Anti-Spying Legal Challenge UK

By Will Fitzgibbon, ICIJ, September 15, 2014 – http://tinyurl.com/km7h49b

A not-for-profit investigative journalism organization is legally challenging the British government, alleging that broad surveillance powers, including capturing journalists’ communications with foreign sources, are in breach of international law.

The Bureau of Investigative Journalism (BIJ), based in London, filed documents on Friday with the European Court of Human Rights. The Bureau is seeking a determination on the legality of how government agencies use a 14 year-old British law to intercept, collate, store and analyze “external communications”.

The Bureau is a reputed source on British and American drone strikes in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Yemen and Somalia whose work has been cited in academic research and by United Nations investigators. BIJ reporters regularly email, telephone and Skype call with foreign sources – exactly the kind of “external communications” that may be picked up by government agencies.

The Bureau argues that the content of journalists’ calls and emails, as well as the how-when-and-where (also known as metadata), are “routinely” collected and analyzed by UK officials to build a picture of sources, contacts and story lines.

The collection of such information, according to the Bureau and its legal team, violates rights to privacy and freedom and expression and is having chilling effect on journalists who routinely report on global issues. The Bureau alleges that those engaging in public interest journalism are owed strong protections, including the right to protect a confidential source.

While the Bureau and its legal team do not question the legitimacy of the UK government’s program, the Bureau believes that the power as it relates to journalists is too broad and that it lacks oversight.
    “No one knows anything about what GCHQ does with the journalistic information it pulls in,” said Gavin Millar QC, one of the lawyers working with the Bureau, in a statement. “This is because, startlingly, neither the legislation nor government guidance about its use says anything at all about this.”

“The way in which our state security apparatus is using the journalistic material it collects is in flagrant breach of these basic human rights norms,” said Millar QC.

The Bureau’s application follows revelations by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden, which publicized troves of confidential details indicating “mass scale interception and surveillance of electronic communications” by government intelligence agencies across the world, including the United Kingdom’s Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ).

In an age when more and more journalists are increasingly nervous about digital security, protecting legitimate communications is more of a hot button issue than ever.

A recent report in the US by Human Rights Watch and the American Civil Liberties Union reflected a growing unease within the journalism community around government surveillance. Journalists interviewed for the report told the authors they were made to feel like criminals and spies with the security techniques they’re forced to adopt to protect sources and sensitive information.

The USA Freedom Act, passed by the US House of Representatives in May, strengthened reporters’ rights within the US, but neglected to include any protections for foreign sources subject to US surveillance.

As part of a commitment to global, collaborative journalism, ICIJ is currently building a prototype, funded by the Knight Foundation, of a secure communication tool for reporters to work together and share information safely and efficiently. The first prototype of the Global I-Hub is expected to be available to ICIJ’s members in early 2015.
    ICIJ reporter Will Fitzgibbon was previously employed at BIJ.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

By Blake Ellis, CNN Your Money, September 17, 2014 – http://tinyurl.com/nec8tjh

After forgiving millions of dollars in medical debt, Occupy Wall Street is tackling a new beast: student loans.

Marking the third anniversary of the Occupy Wall Street movement, the group’s Strike Debt initiative announced Wednesday it has abolished $3.8 million worth of private student loan debt since January. It said it has been buying the debts for pennies on the dollar from debt collectors, and then simply forgiving that money rather than trying to collect it.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sabrina For This Post:

KiwiElf (20th September 2014), nicktobias7 (21st September 2014), PathWalker (22nd September 2014), Reinhard (20th September 2014)

26. Link to Post #3234
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Bank Resignations Across the World

Time to bring down those institutions of torture and slavery...

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bechhaingujra For This Post:

foreverfan (26th September 2014), Inaiá (21st September 2014), KiwiElf (23rd September 2014), Sabrina (25th September 2014)

28. Link to Post #3235
    Thanks

European police arrest more than 1000 criminals using ITCCS evidence of Ndrangheta and catholic child trafficking

Posted on September 25, 2014

Breaking News: 25 September, 2014

http://rt.com/news/190272-europol-or...ime-crackdown/

Brussels:
    The ITCCS central office has confirmed today that some of the police raids that have freed thirty children from traffickers were based on evidence provided by ITCCS and its recent common law court cases. Police in at least three European nations are now working directly with the ITCCS to track child trafficking networks and make further arrests. A complete report will be issued later this week.

www.itccs.org

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sabrina For This Post:

KiwiElf (26th September 2014), PathWalker (27th September 2014), penn (26th September 2014), Reinhard (26th September 2014)

30. Link to Post #3236
    Thanks

US Pays Navajo Nation $554 Million for Mishandling Resources Held in Trust

By Sari Horwitz, Washington Post, September 24, 2014 – http://tinyurl.com/kxrnrz7

In the largest settlement with a single American Indian tribe, the Obama administration will pay the Navajo Nation $554 million to settle claims that the U.S. government has mismanaged funds and natural resources on the Navajo reservation for decades.

The settlement, to be signed in Window Rock, Ariz., on Friday, resolves a long-standing dispute between the Navajo Nation and the U.S. government, with some of the claims dating back more than 50 years.

The sprawling Navajo reservation, located in parts of Arizona, Utah and New Mexico, is the largest and most populous Indian reservation, with 14 million acres of trust lands, which are leased for farming, grazing, and oil, gas and other mineral extraction. The land is also leased for businesses, rights-of-way, easements and housing.

“This landmark resolution ends protracted and burdensome litigation,” Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. said in a statement provided to The Washington Post on Wednesday. “This demonstrates the Justice Department’s firm commitment to strengthening our partnerships with tribal nations.”

Under the agreement, the Navajo Nation will dismiss its current lawsuit and forgo further litigation against the U.S. government for its historic management and accounting of Navajo funds and resources held in trust by the government.

“The Navajo Nation has worked tirelessly for many years to bring this issue to a close,” said Ben Shelly, president of the Navajo Nation. “After a long, hard-won process, I am pleased that we have finally come to a resolution on this matter to receive fair and just compensation for the Navajo Nation.” Shelly said the tribe will host town hall meetings across the Navajo Nation to decide how the funds can be used or invested.

Members of the Navajo Nation Council, the legislative branch of the Navajo Nation, said that the agreement doesn’t affect the tribe’s existing or potential claims regarding water rights and health issues arising from uranium mining.
    “It is very important for the Navajo people to understand that this agreement only addresses historical trust claims and does not prohibit or hinder our Nation from pursuing claims with respect to future conduct,” said Lorenzo Curley, the chairman of the council’s Naabik’iyátí’ Committee Trust Mismanagement Litigation Task Force, who was involved in the negotiations with the Obama administration.

Although the settlement marks the largest ever with one tribe, the Obama administration has made several other multimillion-dollar agreements with tribes since 2009 to settle long-standing grievances by Native Americans.
    Along with the Navajo Nation, the administration has negotiated settlements resulting in a total of $2.61 billion paid to 80 tribes since 2010 for tribal trust accounting and trust management claims. The Interior Department manages almost 56 million acres of trust lands for federally recognized tribes and more than 100,000 leases on those lands. The department also manages about 2,500 tribal trust accounts for more than 250 tribes.

In the fall of 2009, attorneys for many of the tribes with litigation pending against the U.S. government wrote to President Obama and asked his administration to expedite settlement discussions. In April 2010, Obama administration officials, including then-Associate Attorney General Tom Perrelli, met with the attorneys and started a settlement process.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sabrina For This Post:

KiwiElf (26th September 2014), PathWalker (27th September 2014), Reinhard (26th September 2014)

32. Link to Post #3237
    Thanks

There's a thread on this on the forum, but he's high profile and he's resigning. As one reader's comment says: 'rats are jumping ship'?

http://americanoverlook.com/attorney...holder-resigns US

Attorney General Eric Holder Resigns

Attorney General Eric Holder is preparing to announce his resignation today. According to a NPR report, Holder wants to leave his position soon before he feels “locked in” to stay for the rest of Obama’s tenure as president

President Obama appointed Holder as the first African-American attorney general in United States’ history. Obama and Holder have remained close allies throughout his five years as the nation’s top law enforcement officer and Holder has several times been accused of using his position in the Justice Department to further Obama’s liberal agenda.

Holder has also been involved in numerous scandals within the Obama administration including failing to carry out adequate investigations into the Benghazi terrorist attacks and the IRS targeting of conservative groups.

RELATED: Should We Impeach Attorney General Eric Holder?
    http://americanoverlook.com/should-w...r/6307?ref=rel

Holder will remain at the Justice Department until President Barack Obama appoints his successor and his decision is confirmed by the US Senate, which could potentially be a very long process.

more at link

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sabrina For This Post:

KiwiElf (26th September 2014), PathWalker (27th September 2014), Reinhard (26th September 2014)

34. Link to Post #3238
    Thanks

http://www.theguardian.com/business/...-goldman-sachs

Business

Goldman Sachs

Ex-regulator releases 'Ray Rice tapes of finance' in bid to win legal fight

Former New York Fed employee Carmen Segarra claimed she was fired because her bosses thought she was too tough on Goldman Sachs

A former US bank examiner who alleges she was fired for being too tough on Goldman Sachs has released hours of secretly recorded tapes to add muscle to her argument as she tries to win a legal appeal.

Carmen Segarra is a former New York Federal Reserve bank examiner who butted heads with her bosses over her policing of Goldman Sachs. Segarra alleges that her attempts to discipline Goldman Sachs were blocked by her bosses at the New York Fed, who she suggests were intent on giving Goldman Sachs no trouble. The Fed disputes her allegations, as does Goldman.

Segarra’s case raises a host of questions about “regulatory capture”, the term for regulators who become too cozy with the industry they are meant to police.

The issue of capture is “very dismaying”, said Anat Admati, a finance and economics professor at the Stanford Graduate School of Business. “But it’s good to open the discussion.”

The system of bank supervision creates tight bonds between supervisors and their charges at big banks. Several bank regulators, including the Federal Reserve and the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, oversee banks by embedding examiners within the banks themselves, carving out small – if often isolated – offices. The “co-workers” that the examiners see most often every day are employees of the bank. The examiners have limited access to the banks’ financial information; they depend on employees of the bank to flag any problems.

This arrangement can create a sense of friendliness as well as envy among bank examiners of the better-paid they supervise, critics say. Many former bank examiners end up working for the banks they once monitored.

“[These examiners] sit in the same office [as bankers] and they’re paid differently. They depend on the bank for information and to know exactly what they can do,” said Admati.

“People don’t go to work for regulators to actually regulate Wall Street,” said Lance Roberts, general partner of wealth management firm STA Wealth. “They do it so that they can go to work for a Goldman or another bank.”

Segarra was hired by the New York Fed in 2012 to examine Goldman Sachs’ policy on conflicts of interest, which govern the ethics of the firm’s dealing with its clients.

The tapes – many muddy in sound – reveal that Segarra clashed with her bosses as she attempted to write an official critique of why Goldman Sachs had no policy on conflicts of interest. Her bosses at the Fed are on tape urging her to abandon her insistence that the policy did not exist, and say instead that the bank had a “bad” policy. The exchanges have a sharp tone.

“In light of your repeated and adamant assertions that Goldman has no written conflicts of interest policy, you can understand why I was surprised to find a ‘conflicts of interests section’ in Goldman’s code of conduct that seemed to me to define COIs, prohibit COIs, and instruct employees what to do about COIs,” one of her supervisors wrote to Segarra.

Segarra released the tapes to the radio program This American Life and the investigative publication ProPublica. Bloomberg columnist Michael Lewis, an influential author, has called the tapes “the Ray Rice tapes of finance”, referring to the recent video that showed the Baltimore Ravens star punching his then-fiancee.

The New York Fed released a two-page statement disputing Segarra’s account, saying it “categorically rejects the allegations” and that its examiners “are encouraged to speak up and escalate any concerns they may have about the New York Fed or the institutions we supervise.”

Goldman Sachs, for its part, responded with a statement that the bank “has long had a comprehensive approach for potential conflicts.”

As Segarra was embattled in her job at the Fed, she secretly recorded conversations with her supervisors in hopes of showing that they were pressuring her to tone down her critique of Goldman Sachs. Segarra was fired in 2013 after only seven months of work.

The cause of Segarra’s dismissal is a matter of bitter legal dispute. Segarra sued the Fed after she was fired, claiming her questioning of Goldman Sachs rankled her bosses, who allegedly wished to be friendly to the bank. The Fed has countered that her termination was “on performance grounds”. A district court ruled in favor of the Federal Reserve. Segarra has appealed the decision.

Goldman, in its statement, implied that Segarra’s case was a matter of sour grapes from a rejected job candidate. The bank said Segarra applied for a job at the bank for three years in a row between 2007 and 2009 – three years before she took a job at the Federal Reserve. Segarra, a lawyer who has worked for banks including Citigroup in the past, has said that she applied to a number of banks.

Roberts of STA Wealth, said that the financial crisis made regulators protective of banks rather than aggressive in policing them.

“The major banks have held the government hostage for years,” Roberts said.

There have been several other examples of conflicts between banks and their regulators.

JP Morgan, for instance, fought bitterly with its regulator, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, over a $6bn loss that was known as the “London Whale trade”.

In that case, which was the subject of a Senate hearing and investigation, it emerged that the OCC regulators faced strong resistance from bank executives including CEO Jamie Dimon, who allegedly feared that the bank’s sensitive financial information would be leaked.

According to the testimony of the OCC regulator, Dimon “raised his voice” to the bank examiner who questioned why the bank was not sending regular financial reports, which are required. The investigation also showed that JP Morgan allegedly misinformed the OCC, estimating $580m in losses. At the time, JP Morgan’s numbers showed a potential loss of $1.2bn.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sabrina For This Post:

KiwiElf (27th September 2014), PathWalker (27th September 2014)

36. Link to Post #3239
    Thanks

http://abc7chicago.com/news/glaxosmithkline-fined-$4888m-for-massive-bribery-network-/316390/GLAXOSMITHKLINE FINED $488.8M FOR 'MASSIVE BRIBERY NETWORK'

ABC News
    KAIJING XIAO

Friday, September 19, 2014

BEIJING -- China has fined the British pharmaceuticals giant GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) $488.8 million (3 billion Yuan) for a "massive bribery network" to get doctors and hospitals to use its products. Five former employees were sentenced to two to four years in jail, but ordered deported instead of imprisoned, according to state news agency Xinhua today.

The guilty verdict was delivered after a one day closed door trail in Changsha, the capital city of Hunan province. The fine was the biggest ever imposed by a Chinese court.

The court gave Mark Reilly, former head of GSK Chinese operations, a three-year prison sentence with a four-year reprieve, which meant he is set to be deported instead of serving his time in a Chinese jail. His co-defendants received two to four years prison sentences with reprieves.

Reilly was accused of operating a "massive bribery network" in May. The police said it is believed Reilly authorized his salespeople to pay doctors, hospital officials and health institutions to use GSK's products since 2009.

Chinese authorities first announced the investigation on GSK in July 2013. The police said the company had funneled up to 3 billion Yuan to travel agencies to facilitate bribes to doctors and officials. The money was the exact amount of the fine.

Throughout 2012 a stream of anonymous emails alleging bribery authorized by senior staff at GSK were sent to Chinese regulators, according to media reports. At the beginning of 2013, the anonymous emails began to arrive at GSK headquarter in London, along with a sex tape of Mark Reilly and his Chinese girlfriend, according to media reports.

The charges claim that GSK hired Shanghai-based investigator Peter Humphrey and his American wife, Yu Yingzeng, to locate the whistleblower. The Humphreys were detained and charged with illegally obtaining phone logs, travel records and other data which then they put in a report to GSK.

GSK released a statement of apologies to the Chinese government and people on its website.

"GSK Plc has reflected deeply and learned from its mistakes, has taken steps to comprehensively rectify the issues identified at the operations of GSKCI, and must work hard to regain the trust of the Chinese people," the statement said.

The statement also said future commitments include investment in Chinese science, improved access of its products in both city and rural areas across the country through greater expansion of production and flexible pricing.

Taking bribery from drug companies and over prescribing medicine to patients is a common hidden rule among doctors in China. It is not uncommon for patients give doctors red envelopes with cash as a blunt plea for them to do a good job on surgeries.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sabrina For This Post:

KiwiElf (27th September 2014), PathWalker (27th September 2014), Reinhard (21st October 2014)

38. Link to Post #3240
    Thanks

From: http://wolfstreet.com/2014/09/22/fit...status-erodes/

Fitch Warns on What Happens to the US as Dollar’s ‘Pre-Eminent Reserve Currency Status’ Erodes

by Wolf Richter

September 22, 2014

It’s very risky for an American credit ratings agency to downgrade the US Government.

Standard & Poor’s found out when it stripped the US off its AAA rating in 2011 over the debt-ceiling charade. The Department of Justice then sued S&P over its role in the financial crisis, i.e. for slapping AAA-ratings on toxic securities to pocket fatter fees from issuers. But the other ratings agencies did the same thing and have not been hounded. So S&P claimed that the “impermissibly selective, punitive and meritless” lawsuit was “in retaliation” for the downgrade.

Though the Government denied the retaliation angle, it was a lesson no credit ratings agency within the long and sinewy arm of the Government would ever forget. But now Fitch is inching gingerly toward that abyss. While it affirmed (text) the US at AAA, Outlook Stable, it threw in some potentially devastating caveats.

What drives America’s dubious AAA-rating? “Unparalleled financing flexibility as the issuer of the world’s pre-eminent reserve currency….”

So endowed, “the US rating can tolerate a higher level of public debt than other ‘AAA’ sovereigns.” The “threshold” for the US is a gross national debt of 110% of GDP, the highest threshold of any country “owing to its exceptional financing flexibility.” But if the US hits that 110%, it would be “incompatible with ‘AAA.”’

Other factors also contribute to that “exceptional financing flexibility,” including America’s vast and liquid capital markets, its “large, rich, and diverse” economy, “one of the most productive, dynamic, and technologically advanced in the world.” Nevertheless, growth in that miracle economy in 2014 is going to be a “sluggish” 2%, just above stall speed. And Fitch sees the medium-term growth potential at a languid 2.2%.

The budget deficits will be shrinking only through fiscal 2015. In fiscal 2016, they’ll be rising again, due to, among other reasons, “higher net interest costs” as rates go up. Fitch hopes that normalization of monetary policy would “not fundamentally destabilize the recovery or financial markets.” But it would trigger more volatility. And “downside risks are material….”

Other issues are also dogging the US: High external liabilities, a result of “persistent current account deficits and low national savings rates,” which make the economy “more vulnerable to adverse external shocks.”

So Fitch estimates that the gross national debt – “excluding trade payables and unfunded pension liabilities, consistent with EU countries” – would hit 100% of GDP at the end of 2014. It sees a “debt peak” of 104% of GDP in 2024, based on this way of counting, which excludes any kind of recession or a market swoon. Since this 104% is “below the threshold of 110%,” Fitch does not “anticipate” a downgrade.

“However…”

A downgrade would be triggered by: “material deterioration in the coherence and credibility of economic policymaking,” whatever that means in Washington; a deterioration of the deficits and the debt-to-GDP ratio; and an erosion of “the role of the US dollar as the pre-eminent global reserve currency.”

There it is again, the dollar’s erosion as the pre-eminent global reserve currency. It is very inconvenient.

It would deprive the US of much of the “financing flexibility and debt tolerance” that it has so enormously benefitted from up to now. When China starts hoarding euros, and when European countries start hoarding Chinese yuan, and when other countries start hoarding both, and when they’re hoarding other currencies as well, such as the UK pound, the Canadian and Australian dollars, even the yen (though that’s increasingly a losing proposition), and some other currencies, instead of US dollars….

And that is already happening.

The euro is already heavily represented on the balance sheets of China and other countries as a reserve currency and is breathing down the dollar’s neck as a trading currency. Every day, new bilateral accords are being implemented around the world to elevate the yuan, especially in the financial centers of Asia and Europe.

Everyone knows by now that there will be three big reserve currencies in the near future: the dollar, the euro, and the yuan, with smaller currencies thrown into the basket. And the day is nearing when the dollar’s status as the “pre-eminent global reserve currency” erodes to less than 50%.

That’s when the US dollar hegemony will be over. The US will face a new world of funding constraints. It will no longer be able to dictate financial terms. Its long and sinewy arm that can hit banks around the world and impose rules and sanctions and penalties will atrophy. And life for US policymakers will become a lot more complex. It will be a humbling experience.

Obscured by stock market hoopla, and under the leadership of our fearless Treasury Secretary Jack Lew, the G-20 finance honchos fret about faltering global growth. Read…. OK, I Get It. Things Are Coming Unglued

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sabrina For This Post:

KiwiElf (27th September 2014), PathWalker (27th September 2014), Reinhard (21st October 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 162 of 176 FirstFirst 1 62 112 152 162 172 176 LastLast