+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 176 FirstFirst 1 4 14 54 104 176 LastLast

Thread: Massive Bank and High Profile Resignations Across the World

1. Link to Post #61
    Mauritius Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,420 times in 635 posts

Default Re: Bank Resignations Across the World

Maybe you can post this on the thread started by Sabrin.
    Bank Resignations Across the World? Rather then start a new one?
    K
    Last edited by kersley; 22nd February 2012 at 00:08.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kersley For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (21st April 2012), WhiteFeather (22nd February 2012)

3. Link to Post #62
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,543 times in 2,615 posts

Quote Posted by humanalien (here)
    I haven't seen anyone from america running for the hills yet,
    unless i missed something.
    I think you have missed something. People have been migrating for the hills for a while. Silently, and while the gettin is good.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (21st April 2012), Ria (22nd February 2012), WhiteFeather (22nd February 2012)

5. Link to Post #63
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,355 times in 491 posts

Quote Posted by DreamsInDigital (here)
    Quote Posted by Kano (here)
    Quote Posted by DreamsInDigital (here)
    Quote Posted by kcbc2010 (here)
    Sounds like they may be getting out before the s-t hits the fan......
    Oh they're not going to get away...there aren't any DUMBS for them to hide in, and the Liberating Forces have vowed "No Where To Run, No Where To Hide." so above and below.
    What happened to the DUMBs?

If you're referring to a rumored ET/ED or even human elimination of these DUMBs i.e., recent anomalous earthquake activity in traditionally seismically quiet places, I would say that some of the DUMBs may have been elimintated, but my hunch is that there still plenty of active self sustaining underground places for the elite to hide when SHTF.

But who really knows right DID?
    There are some of us that do know, and the Liberating Forces have the technology to even penetrate the underground, that is if the PTW even have the chance of getting that far. Most I know have been destroyed, others are in the process of being destroyed. Certainly the anomalous 'earthquake' activity in otherwise seismically quiet areas is a great solid evidence of this being done. The LF isn't kidding when they made the statement "No Where To Run, No Where To Hide." They mean it.

Personally though I'm tired of these erroneous "who really knows" and "no one really knows" and similar blanket dis-empowering misnomers. Granted no one knows 100% of everything, but it must be understood there are some of us out here in this world that know quite a lot whether we chose to share it all or not is another story. But, it's time the mind set changes from dis-empowering to empowering, least we make the foolish mistake of giving even more of our power and knowledge and abilities to control our own lives away when we should be taking it all back and into our own hands. Taking responsibility for our actions, thoughts, and everything else that is a part of our lives.
    Obviously, something I said rubbed you the wrong way. My comments were not in any way meant to be dis-empowering. I think you would have a lot of interested people here at PA that would like to hear more about your contacts and what you know about certain geopolitical issues going on around the world. So please share more about the DUMBs.

BTW, what are the Liberating Forces?

Kano

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kano For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (21st April 2012)

7. Link to Post #64
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,079 times in 653 posts

My son told me it's tough to travel to South America these days since everyone else is going. But I think you are right, the majority of US citizens aren't moving. USAmericans still have a tendency to rough things out anyway.

Don't mistake quietude for doing nothing though.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sygh For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (21st April 2012), Ria (22nd February 2012), Sabrina (10th March 2012)

9. Link to Post #65
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,457 times in 2,874 posts

http://chasvoice.blogspot.com/2012/0...#axzz1n2e68kN2

Courtesy of Modwiz on the recent Benjy Fulford thread.
    Last edited by Sabrina; 22nd February 2012 at 08:44.
    Oh my ears and whiskers, how late it's getting!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sabrina For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (21st April 2012), Pete (22nd February 2012)

11. Link to Post #66
    Thanks

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/f...ing-fraud.html

Threadneedle asset management – the firm born out of tobacco and insurance giant BAT Industries – is being investigated by the City of London police over a suspected $150m trading fraud.

The investigation into a former trader at the company was triggered after a breach of the company’s own internal controls last August.
    A junior trader, who worked at the company’s investment arm, was dismissed after attempting the rogue trade, thought to have been worth about $150m and alleged to be linked to Argentine warrants.
    According to a spokesman for the £60bn asset management giant, the trade was stopped and police and regulators were notified.
    Threadneedle, which is now owned by US financial services group Ameriprise, said in a statement: “In August 2011, our systems stopped a suspicious attempted trade. The matter was immediately reported to the authorities and the individual involved was subsequently dismissed.”
    The company would not confirm whether any arrests have yet been made following the incident, but said that a wider police investigation was under way.
    RELATED ARTICLES
    Italian police seize $6 trillion of fake US bonds 17 Feb 2012
    Banker fined for 'market abuse' censures FSA 16 Feb 2012
    Three senior bankers caught up in tax probe 16 Feb 2012
    Hedge fund boss whose explosive emails finally caught up with him 15 Feb 2012
    Mukhtar Ablyazov given 22 months for contempt 16 Feb 2012
    In recent months the financial services industry has been beset with rogue trading scandals that have hit some of the biggest names in the City. Warren Buffet’s adage about seeing who is swimming naked - only when the tide goes out - seems particularly apt when it comes to the number of frauds committed since the financial crisis began.
    Kweku Adoboli, the former UBS trader last month denied charges of fraud and false accounting after allegedly causing the largest unauthorised trading loss in British history worth $2bn. He is expected to stand trial this year.
    Last week, the regulator working with the Serious Organised Crime Agency arrested a trader at Legal & General Investment Management, one of the UK’s largest investment groups, in connection with the FSA’s biggest probe into insider trading. He was the ninth man arrested over a two-year period.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sabrina For This Post:

cellardoor (22nd February 2012), Darla Ken Pearce (21st April 2012), Pete (22nd February 2012), Selene (23rd February 2012)

13. Link to Post #67
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,071 times in 752 posts

YESSS................. Thank you Sabrina.
    Time to do the
    Could this meen no more

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ria For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (21st April 2012), Sabrina (22nd February 2012)

15. Link to Post #68
    Thanks

http://www.bankingtimes.co.uk/2012/0...-to-step-down/

(UK)

The Financial Services Authority’s (FSA’s) interim managing director, Conduct Business Unit, Margaret Cole, is to step down later this year.

Ms Cole joined the regulator in 2005 as director of enforcement.

Managing a division of 450 people, she has responsibility for enforcement policy, intelligence gathering, forensic investigations, and civil and criminal proceedings, in areas that include market abuse and financial crime.

According to Ms Cole, the next 12 months will see more trials and more convictions as the pipeline of FSA cases comes to fruition in the courts.

Commenting on her departure, FSA chief executive, Hector Sants, says: “Margaret has been pivotal in transforming the FSA’s approach to enforcement and she leaves a substantial legacy, widely respected in legal, regulatory and international circles.”

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sabrina For This Post:

cellardoor (22nd February 2012), Darla Ken Pearce (21st April 2012), Ria (22nd February 2012), Selene (23rd February 2012)

17. Link to Post #69
    Wales Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,361 times in 407 posts

http://www.news.com.au/national/tran...-1226278761531

Transcript of Kevin Rudd's resignation speech

THE following is a transcript of Kevin Rudd's resignation speech delivered in the early hours of the morning on February 22, 2012, in Washington DC.
    Ladies and gentlemen, it is with great sadness that I announce that I will resign as Australia's Minister for Foreign Affairs.

I am sad because I love this job.

I'm totally dedicated to the work that we are doing in Australia's name around the world, and I believe that we have achieved many good results for Australia, and I'm proud of them.

It's therefore been for me a great privilege to serve our country as foreign minister, to represent our people abroad, and I thank the people of our country for their support as I have discharged these responsibilities.

But while I am sad to leave this office, I am sadder still that it has come to this.

The last time that I resigned from a position in public office was when I resigned as prime minister of Australia, and regrettably, there have been some similar factors at play today.

It's time for some plain speaking on this.

The truth is I can only serve as foreign minister if I have the confidence of Prime Minister Gillard and her senior ministers.

In recent days, Minister Crean and a number of other faceless men have publicly attacked my integrity and therefore my fitness to serve as a minister in the government.

When challenged today on these attacks, Prime Minister Gillard chose not to repudiate them.

I can only reluctantly conclude that she therefore shares these views.

The simple truth is that I cannot continue to serve as Foreign Minister if I do not have Prime Minister Gillard's support.

I therefore believe the only honourable thing and the only honourable course of action is for me to resign, and I do so with a genuinely heavy heart and after much personal reflection.

There are other factors, too, that I have had to take into consideration today.

The truth is that the Australian people regard this whole affair as little better than a soap opera, and they are right.
    And under current circumstances, I won't be part of it.

It is also, I believe, a distraction from the real business of government.

I also believe it's affecting the business community, and I agree with recent statements by peak bodies to this effect. It is important that business confidence is maintained in Australia.

The economy and jobs are core to what any responsible government is about.

I also believe that this ongoing saga is bad for my good friend Anna Bligh, as she fights the fight of her life in Queensland.

She's a great Premier. She's a good friend.

And I believe the good people of Queensland deserve some clear space over the coming month, as they make up their minds on a very important decision on the future of Queensland - my home state; a state I'm very proud to be from.

The truth is I also feel very uncomfortable doing this from Washington and not in Australia, but I don't feel as if I have a choice, given the responsibilities I have before me over the days ahead, here in Washington, in London on the future of Somalia and piracy in the Indian Ocean, and in Tunisia on the future of Syria.

These are important challenges for the world, where a responsible Australian voice needs to be heard, a voice which I have sought to inject in my period as Foreign Minister on these core challenges, and under no circumstances do I want Australia's international reputation brought into disrepute because of this ongoing saga.

Therefore Ambassador Beazley will discharge my functions here on my behalf in Washington, tomorrow, and the permanent Secretary of my department, Dennis Richardson, will represent me in London and in Tunisia.

I will return home to Brisbane tomorrow, arriving back there on Friday morning.

Over the days ahead I will be consulting openly and honestly with my family, with my community and my parliamentary colleagues, taking their counsel on what I should do next, and what my next step should be.

I will then make a full statement to the Australian people on my future, before Parliament resumes next Monday.

I deeply believe that if the Australian Labor Party, a party of which I have been a proud member for more than 30 years, is to have the best future for our nation, then it must change fundamentally its culture and to end the power
    of faceless men.

Australia must be governed by the people, not by the factions.

But I can promise you this, there is no way - no way - that I will ever be party to a stealth attack on a sitting prime minister elected by the people.

We all know that what happened then was wrong, and it must never happen again.

I would like to thank very much, the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.

Their Secretary, Dennis Richardson, Australia's former ambassador here in Washington, is a first class Australian diplomat and through him I would thank the department's executive and all the deputy secretaries I've worked with day after day, week after week, in advancing Australia's interests around the world.

These are good people, and all the Ambassadors and High Commissioners, who proudly stand there every day, in Australia's name, are doing good things for our interests and expressing our values right across the world, and I publicly acknowledge them with heartfelt thanks.

I would also like to thank my exceptionally loyal and hardworking staff, led by my chief of staff, Philip Green, and his deputy, Kate Sieper.

These are a great team, phenomenally loyal and hardworking, and together we have done good things.

In my letter of resignation to the Prime Minister, I have asked her to give effect to my resignation 48 hours after my return to Australia, so that I can affect the best transition for my staff as possible under these circumstances.

I'd think you would understand, there's a human dimension to all this.

Together with the foreign policy team, the department, my office and other great public servants responsible for foreign policy in the Australian public service, I'm proud of our achievements.

I'm proud of the fact that we built a new institution in Asia, which, for the first time in the history of Asia, brings the United States, China, Japan, India, Australia, and all the other countries in the region, around a single table, able
    to discuss and negotiate a peaceful security future for Australia.

I'm proud that we have reformed fundamentally our development partnerships with the island states of the South Pacific, to lift their living standards and reduce infant and child mortality, according to our responsibilities under the Millennium Development Goals.

I'm proud of the fact that we're on track to lift our overseas development assistance to 0.5 percentage gross national income, as I promised prior to the 2007 election.

Also our opening to Burma - the first Western foreign minister to go in there - six or seven months ago, hopefully helping to pave the way for Burma's opening to the rest of the world.

Early action on Libya, a call of which we are all - in our office and in our department - very proud.

Our re-engagement with Europe, and Africa and Latin America - these major economic regions of the future.

And, of course, I am deeply proud of our decision to appoint Australia's first ever ambassador for women and girls, and the announcement, which I now trust the government will give effect to, that is, that during this term we will appoint our first Indigenous Australian as an ambassador, in one of our embassies abroad.

Ladies and gentlemen, there is one over-riding question for my caucus colleagues, and that is, who is best placed to defeat Tony Abbott at the next election?

Mr Abbott, I believe, does not have the temperament or the experience to ever be elected and hold the office - the high office - of Prime Minister of Australia.

But at present, and for a long time now, he's been on track just to do that.

Ladies and gentlemen, I would also like to express my appreciation for the support of my family - Therese, Jessica, Nicholas, Marcus.

Chatting to them over the course of the last several hours I thank them for their encouragement and their support, as always.

And you'll appreciate, I now have much, much to do and therefore I propose to conclude my statement here, and I do not propose to take questions.

Thank you.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cellardoor For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (21st April 2012), Ria (22nd February 2012), Sabrina (22nd February 2012), write4change (22nd February 2012)

19. Link to Post #70
    Wales Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,361 times in 407 posts

Pescanteto resigns as IOC vice president
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/lo...-1226277845279
    IOC member Mario Pescante will step down from his position as vice president of the Olympic body, saying he feels let down by the Italian government's refusal to back Rome's bid to host the 2020 Games.

Rome's bid was withdrawn last week after Prime Minister Mario Monti declined to provide the required government financial guarantees to the International Olympic Committee at a time of economic crisis in Italy.

Pescante, a longtime power broker in Italy's sports establishment, was the leader of the Rome bid. While remaining as a regular IOC member, Pescante said on Tuesday he is resigning as one of the committee's four vice presidents.

``My resignation shouldn't be interpreted as an action against the government's decision to not guarantee Rome's bid,'' Pescante said. ``In fact, President Monti's decision was accepted with due respect.

``I felt a bit embarrassed to be representing a country which has thrown in the towel early. I share and understand the government's decision but to explain to the world why I was staying at the top of the IOC would have been difficult. And so I took a step back.''

The IOC confirmed it had received Pescante's resignation as vice president.

Pescante has been an IOC member since 1994 and will retain his position as a rank-and-file delegate, with full voting rights. However, he will no longer serve on the powerful, policy-making executive board.

Pescante was elected to the board in 2006 and elevated to vice president in 2009. He was currently the second-ranking vice president behind Yu Zaiqing of China.

His vice president's position will likely be filled at the next IOC session in London during the 2012 Games. The other vice presidents are Ng Ser Miang of Singapore and Thomas Bach of Germany.

Pescante is also chairman of the IOC's international relations committee. He is a former president of the European Olympic Committees and served as the Italian government supervisor for the 2006 Winter Games in Turin.

Monti scrapped Rome's 2020 bid a day before the deadline for submission of bid files to the IOC.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cellardoor For This Post:

Ria (22nd February 2012), Sabrina (22nd February 2012)

21. Link to Post #71
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Dear Kevin and his affiliated teamsGOOD now b..... off

I know, I am indulging in a bit of childishness.
    Last edited by Ria; 22nd February 2012 at 12:03.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ria For This Post:

cellardoor (22nd February 2012), Darla Ken Pearce (21st April 2012), DreamsInDigital (22nd February 2012)

23. Link to Post #72
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,157 times in 3,105 posts

And some more...

good article...

http://eclinik.wordpress.com/2012/02...-have-started/

viking
    You decide...your thoughts..your actions..your reality.
    Choose well.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...are-the-change

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eric J (Viking) For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (21st April 2012), Ria (22nd February 2012), Sabrina (22nd February 2012)

25. Link to Post #73
    Thanks

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17110618

Strauss-Kahn questioned in prostitution ring inquiry

Police to question Strauss-Kahn
    Profile: Dominique Strauss-Kahn
    Former IMF head Dominique Strauss-Kahn has been detained for questioning by French police investigating a prostitution ring.

Mr Strauss-Kahn, once a front-runner for the French presidency, could be held for 48 hours at a police station in Lille, northern France.

Investigators have already questioned a number of prostitutes who have admitted having sex with Mr Strauss-Kahn.

The 62-year-old insists he did not know that the women were prostitutes.

"I challenge you to distinguish a naked prostitute from any other naked woman," his lawyer Henri Leclerc has told French television.

Mr Strauss-Kahn resigned as head of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) in May 2011 after he was charged in New York with the attempted rape of a hotel maid. The case was later dropped.

In this separate inquiry, French police have already arrested eight men on suspicion of organising a prostitution ring and misusing corporate funds to pay for sex in a scandal known as the "Carlton affair" because of a Lille hotel where clients were allegedly supplied with call-girls.

Continue reading the main story
    Analysis

Christian Fraser
    BBC News, Paris
    Mr Strauss-Kahn finds himself again in the midst of a rather sleazy investigation.

He has asked to be interviewed after a number of headlines were written about him and the so-called "Carlton affair".

It is alleged that he took women to orgies to which he was invited. A number of sex-workers from France and Belgium have come forward who said they slept with Mr Strauss-Kahn, a fact that he is not disputing.

He is disputing that he knew they were prostitutes.

It is also alleged that they were paid for out of corporate funds from a large construction company. It is illegal for a public official to receive gifts of any kind, including sex.

Three of the suspects were said to have been close to Mr Strauss-Kahn, who is said to have taken part in sex parties in Paris and Washington in late 2010 and early 2011.

Consorting with prostitutes is legal in France but supplying prostitutes to others is illegal.

It is also illegal for an official to accept gifts of any kind from a company.

Dominique Strauss-Kahn had been tipped as a potential Socialist candidate in the April presidential elections until his arrest in New York in May last year.

One of the sex parties, allegedly organised by two of the eight suspects, Fabrice Paszkowski and David Roquet, is believed to have taken place in the US shortly before he was detained.

Mr Strauss-Kahn returned to France in September 2011 although the hotel maid involved in the case is pursuing a civil action.

The former IMF head said nothing as he arrived at a Lille police station in a car shortly before 0900 (0800 GMT) on Tuesday.

On Tuesday night, a judge extended Mr Strauss-Kahn's detention for another 24 hours, an unidentified official told AFP news agency.

The judge will decide whether the evidence supports charges against Mr Strauss-Kahn. He could be cleared, charged and released on bail or remanded in custody until his trial.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sabrina For This Post:

cellardoor (22nd February 2012), Darla Ken Pearce (21st April 2012), Ria (22nd February 2012)

27. Link to Post #74
    Thanks

Government officials seem to have the same resignation urge as well.

http://www.nowlebanon.com/NewsArticl...aspx?ID=367703

Netanyahu's chief spokesperson resigns
    February 22, 2012 share

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's main spokesperson has resigned, media reports said on Wednesday, making him the latest in a string of high-profile figures to leave the bureau.

There was no immediate confirmation from Netanyahu's office that communications director Yoaz Hendel had tendered his resignation.

News of his resignation came two days after Netanyahu's chief of staff, Natan Eshel, stepped down after admitting misconduct towards a younger female staff member.

Hendel's departure has been widely linked to the so-called Eshel affair which came to light after he and two other senior figures, Cabinet Secretary Zvi Hauser and Military Secretary Yohanan Locker, filed a complaint with the attorney general, alleging Eshel had harassed a female staffer.

The three acted without informing Netanyahu of the suspicions and their complaint.

The move reportedly infuriated Netanyahu, who on Tuesday told the trio he had "lost confidence" in them over their not informing him of the incident, Israel's main newspapers reported.

Shortly afterwards, Hendel tendered his resignation, sources at the bureau told the left-leaning Haaretz newspaper, adding Hauser was also expected to resign "soon."

Locker is also set to leave, although his move to a take up a new role within the military was pre-planned.

On Wednesday, Netanyahu said it was wrong that he had only learned about the charges against his chief of staff through the media.

"The right thing to do in any system in the case of a concern over a harassment is to immediately take it to the responsible authorities and to deal with it. That is precisely what I would have done in this case," he told a news conference.

"What is wrong is that the head of the system, in this case the prime minister, does not know of such a central issue taking place in his own bureau for a month-and-a-half, and has to learn about it through the media," he said.

The affair created "a difficult, painful and uncomfortable situation" in his bureau, Netanyahu added.

The latest resignation follows several other departures from the prime minister's office in the past 14 months.

-AFP/NOW Lebanon

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sabrina For This Post:

cellardoor (22nd February 2012), Darla Ken Pearce (21st April 2012), Ria (22nd February 2012)

29. Link to Post #75
    Thanks

Corruption charges world-wide as well.

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/...100599612.html

Mumbai Congress chief resigns

22 February 2012

Mumbai, Feb 22 (IANS) Mumbai Congress chief Kripashankar Singh Wednesday resigned from his post following a Bombay High Court order to prosecute him in corruption cases, a party official said.

Singh’s resignation came shortly after the court’s ruling.

It has been sent to the party high command for the final decision.

“A formal announcement is expected to be made from New Delhi,” the party official, requesting anonymity, told IANS here.

Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, who is in Nashik, also hinted that Singh has quit when media persons sought his comments on the court judgement against the Mumbai party chief.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

¤=[Post Update]=¤

BY INTERFAX NEWS, ON FEBRUARY 22ND, 2012 AT 12:26PM GMT
    PUBLISHED ON THE RUSSIA AND CIS MILITARY NEWS WIRE

RUSSIA-SYRIA-PRESIDENT-RESIGNATION MOSCOW. Feb 22 (Interfax) – Russia is not considering ways to develop relations with new Syrian authorities should incumbent President Bashar al-Assad step down, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Gennady Gatilov said. …

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sabrina For This Post:

31. Link to Post #76
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,961 times in 1,379 posts

Now lets just get another report that Netanyahu decides to resign and give up his plans of kicking off WW3.

I am celebrating, and greatful for Sabrina and the others that have contributed to this thread to share such wonderful news on the financial and political front. Bravo my fellow Avalonians!
    "Ignoring the evidence is simply another way of ignoring the truth."
    "Reality is always hard to accept whenever it is unpleasant. Our minds play tricks and tell us it just cannot be. Instead of accepting the truth as it is when it disturbs us, we try to deny its existence."

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DreamsInDigital For This Post:

cellardoor (22nd February 2012), Darla Ken Pearce (21st April 2012), Ria (22nd February 2012), Sabrina (22nd February 2012)

33. Link to Post #77
    Thanks

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...sco-mover.html

Codexis Has Historic Drop After CEO Resigns: San Francisco Mover
    February 22, 2012, 7:44 AM EST

MORE FROM BUSINESSWEEK

P&G Said to Seek Termination of Pringles Sale to Diamond Foods

By Andrew Herndon
    Feb. 21 (Bloomberg) -- Codexis Inc., the U.S. biotechnology company, fell the most ever after Chief Executive Officer Alan Shaw resigned and analysts downgraded its shares.

Codexis, which develops enzymes used in the production of biofuels, biochemicals and pharmaceuticals, declined 17 percent to $3.79 at 2:53 p.m. in New York. It dropped as much as 19 percent earlier, the most since it began trading April 22, 2010.

Shaw, who was president of the company since it was founded, will leave his post “to pursue other interests,” the Redwood City, California-based company said in a Feb. 17 statement. Peter Strumph, 47, senior vice president and business head of pharmaceuticals, was appointed interim CEO.

Shaw will continue to serve as a special adviser to the board. His resignation follows the departure of Chief Financial Officer Robert Lawson, who left the company Jan. 24.

“I think the two are unrelated, but nonetheless you have serious turnover within the ranks of senior management,” said Michael Klein, a New York-based analyst with Sidoti & Co. “It makes people question what’s going on internally and behind the scenes.”

Klein downgraded the shares today to “neutral” from “buy” with a target price of $4. Codexis was also downgraded today to “underweight” from “neutral” by Michael Cox, an analyst with Piper Jaffray & Co. in New York.

Codexis is working with a venture of Royal Dutch Shell Plc and Brazil’s Cosan SA Industria & Comercio on improved yeast strains to boost the output of mills that turn sugar cane into ethanol, technology it said in September it plans to sell at the end of this year.

The company also introduced new enzymes last year for converting biomass into sugars that can be used to make detergent alcohols it’s developing with Chemtex Inc.

“To what extent are these initiatives going to play out and what’s the timeline around when they play out?” Klein said. “That’s the uncertainty right now weighing on the stock.”

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sabrina For This Post:

35. Link to Post #78
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Sabrina

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ria For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (21st April 2012), DreamsInDigital (22nd February 2012), Selene (23rd February 2012)

37. Link to Post #79
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Word is there will be American high ones falling low in the next few days....Geithner appears to be vulnerable, and I would not be surprised to see an attempt at a graceful exit there. When the White Hats make their big Pentagon-backed move is anyone's guess - if indeed they can pull that off. I understand they are at pains to avoid having it appear to be a military coup - but then who makes the arrests? With what authority? Will it be Interpol? Do they have jurisdiction here? Will there be federal indictments? How will the media handle this? Will their cabal overlords have been neutralized, allowing freer coverage?

One thing now appears certain - this is no longer merely hopeful alternative community wishful thinking. This is playing out in the real world. The currency realignment will be the trigger for much of this, it appears. The Federal Reserve would then be mere days away from being entirely dismantled - and with it, most likely, the IRS. This is, for most of us, simply beyond belief until we actually see it.

But for the first time, I begin to feel that it's possible.

Irishsinger

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Irishsinger For This Post:

aranuk (22nd February 2012), DreamsInDigital (22nd February 2012), Ria (22nd February 2012), Sabrina (23rd February 2012)

39. Link to Post #80
    Germany Avalon Member Spirithorse's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,223 times in 277 posts

I just got a notification about Ishtar's latest blog article.
    Copied parts of it here - it's very encouraging news...

Dog Day Afternoon … and Morning and Evening Too
    by Ishtar Babilu Dingir

I’m sitting here wondering whether we’ve just been watching the biggest bank heist of all time, being played out on the world stage over the past few decades. One thing’s for sure. Something really huge is going down right now. I’m not sure what, but many very high level and senior bankers and politicians are resigning en masse worldwide.

Not least among them is Lloyd Blankfein, who is ‘stepping down’ as chief executive of Goldman Sachs. Also ‘stepping down’ is World Bank President Robert Zoellick. The whole Romanian cabinet has resigned, to a man, and not forgetting the German president Christian Wulff’s resignation in disgrace a few days ago. It’s also noteable that the British, Dutch and Swedes are refusing to sign off the EU accounts, amidst accusations of budget mis-management ~ a term often used as a euphemism for financial fraud.

Plus…hot off the press today: it’s just been announced that three senior investment bankers from Royal Bank of Scotland were among the 16 individuals arrested last week as part of an investigation into allegations of tax evasion.

And I’m also wondering whether these mass arrests and chief executive resignations are linked to a speech that Lord James of Blackheath delivered to a practically empty House of Lords a few days ago, in which he revealed his suspicions, backed by a convincing paper trail, of a huge fraud involving possibly “A major American department agency …gone rogue and … seeking to get at least 50 billion Euros as a payoff.”

Dare we to believe that the cabal of international crooks who’ve been holding the planet to ransom for so long are finally on the run?

These resignations have appeared in the trade press, mainly, as individual stories. No mainstream media journalist, yet … and for obvious reasons, has attempted a pull together of all of this …. So we can make a start here:

* 1: ROMANIA ~ Romanian prime minister and cabinet resign en masse.
    * 2: GERMANY ~ Embarrassment for Merkel as German president resigns in disgrace
    * 3: SWITZERLAND ~ Bank chief resigns over £1.5bn rogue trader crisis.
    * 4: CHINA ~ The top executives of two of China’s biggest banks resigned Friday.
    * 5: INDIA ~ 22 out of 25 directors of top Indian bank, BDCCB, resign.
    * 6: SWITZERLAND ~ Switzerland’s biggest bank said Yasuki Matsui resigns as chairman of the investment banking division in Japan
    * 7: IRAN ~ Iran’s Bank Melli CEO resigns over biggest loan scam in Iran’s history.
    * 8: SWITZERLAND ~ The Swiss National Bank chairman has resigned abruptly, bowing to a public uproar over private currency deals.
    * 9: BRITAIN ~ Lloyds Head of Wholesale quits.
    * 10: SPAIN ~ The head of operations in the Americas for Spain’s biggest bank Santander resigned on Wednesday.
    * 11: ROME ~ Four priests charged in Vatican banking scandal.
    * 12: INDIA ~ Tamilnad Mercantile Bank MD resigns
    * 13: KUWAIT ~ The head of Kuwait’s central bank of more than 25 years has resigned, state media said Monday
    * 14: NICARAGUA ~ Nicaragua’s Central Bank President Antenor Rosales quit amid differences with President Daniel Ortega
    * 15: BRITAIN ~ Malcolm Hayday, CEO and one of the founders of Charity Bank, has decided to step down from the post this year.
    * 16: GLOBAL ~ World Bank President Robert Zoellick said Wednesday he is stepping down
    * 17: SLOVENIA ~ Slovenia’s Two Biggest Banks’ CEOs Step Down as Woes Mount.
    * 18: SAUDI ARABIA ~ Saudi Hollandi Banks Managing Director Geoffrey Calvert has resigned
    * 19: AUSTRALIA ~ Stephen Williams quits his role of leading Royal Bank of Scotland’s Australian arm.
    * 20: RUSSIA ~ The head of supervision at Russia’s central bank has resigned after series of scandals & massive mismanagement
    * 21: AUSTRALIA ~ Kevin Rudd resigns as Foreign Minister, condemns Julia Gillard’s silence (but may not be connected to banking scandal).
    * 22: US: Two top Morgan Stanley investment bankers resigned today, increasing the pressure on Chief Executive Philip Purcell and raising questions about whether the securities firm can remain independent.
    * 23: INDIA ~ Amitabh Chaturvedi quit as managing director and chief executive officer (CEO) of private sector lender Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd on Monday
    * 24: NEW ZEALAND central bank Governor Alan Bollard will quit in September
    * 25: UK: Three senior investment Royal Bank of Scotland bankers were among the 16 individuals arrested last week as part of an investigation into allegations of tax evasion involving film financing schemes.
    * 26: CARACAS — President Hugo Chavez lost one of his closest and oldest collaborators as Science and Technology Minister Jesse Chacon submitted his resignation after his brother was arrested in connection with the crisis in which state control has been imposed on six banks.
    * 27: SWITZERLAND ~ The Swiss National Bank said Friday its council president, Hansueli Raggenbass, has decided to leave later this year
    * 28: GHANA ~ Investment banker, Ken Ofori-Atta has stepped down as the Executive Chair of the Databank Group.
    * 29. UK: Senior private banker resigns from Coutts.
    * 30: FRANCE ~ Michel Péretié, head of Société Générale’s corporate and investment banking division, is leaving the French bank to pursue other opportunities
    * 31: UK ~ CEO Nick Fletcher leaves private bank Saunderson House after 22 years with company and 15 years on board.

I’ll try to keep this list updated with new information as events unravel, although it’s moving very fast.

In the meantime, hang on to your hats, dear friends, for I think we’re about to enter some ‘interesting times’!

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Spirithorse For This Post:

cellardoor (23rd February 2012), Darla Ken Pearce (21st April 2012), Earth Angel (23rd February 2012), Kimberley (22nd February 2012), percival tyro (11th March 2012), write4change (22nd February 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 176 FirstFirst 1 4 14 54 104 176 LastLast