Thread: Massive Bank and High Profile Resignations Across the World

1. Link to Post #221
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,457 times in 2,874 posts

Default Re: Massive Bank and High Profile Resignations Across the World

Merv. seems to be speaking out:

http://www.investmentweek.co.uk/inve...-restructuring

King: Banks in denial and need restructuring

Bank of England governor Mervyn King has launched a stinging attack on British banks, stating the industry has failed to heed "very real and wholly understandable" public animosity towards them.

King said banks are in denial over their failure to deal with the financial crisis, with their lack of remorse the main factor behind the public's growing resentment.
    Speaking to the Sunday Times King said the industry has failed to ‘face up' to their own failures, following another round of bumper payouts to bank bosses in the last few weeks.
    King notes public anger towards bankers' bonuses comes at a time of austerity for the majority of the country, when many are being told to cut back in the face of rising bills and shrinking or stagnant wages.
    "I think it is because they (bankers) found it very, very difficult to face up to the failure of their banking model," he told the Sunday Times.

"That model needs to be restructured."

He added market discipline cannot apply to everyone except banks.
    His comments come shortly after Barclays revealed its boss Bob Diamond received £17m in pay and shares in 2011.
    Oh my ears and whiskers, how late it's getting!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sabrina For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (12th March 2012), Darla Ken Pearce (21st April 2012), Limor Wolf (12th March 2012), modwiz (12th March 2012), Ria (12th March 2012), RunningDeer (12th March 2012), write4change (12th March 2012)

3. Link to Post #222
    Thanks

http://www.guardian.co.uk/law/2012/m...kenneth-clarke
    UK 11 March

Bill of rights commissioner resigns over bypass of Commons
    Michael Pinto-Duschinsky claims commission set up by Ken Clarke and Nick Clegg has sidelined parliament and the PM

A government commission set up to examine the establishment of a British bill of rights has "sidelined parliament and the prime minister", one of the commissioners has said after his resignation.

Michael Pinto-Duschinsky said he was forced to resign because of his belief that the UK parliament, rather than the European court of human rights, should have the final decision on issues of human rights. He claimed his fellow commissioners were ignoring the prime minister's desire to reassert the sovereignty of Westminster over the European court.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sabrina For This Post:

aranuk (12th March 2012), Darla Ken Pearce (21st April 2012), Limor Wolf (12th March 2012), modwiz (12th March 2012), Ria (12th March 2012), RunningDeer (12th March 2012)

5. Link to Post #223
    Thanks

Well that's a possible pending one then .

http://news.egypt.com/english/permalink/90963.html

Egyptian Government won’t resign, says official

A senior official has said that the government of Prime Minister Kamal al-Ganzouri would not tender its resignation because of the attack on it by members of Parliament.

MPs had called for withdrawing confidence from the government against the backdrop of the NGO illegal funding issue.

The official also said that the military council did not ask the government to resign, and that Ganzouri seeks to curb the anger of the MPs by responding to some of their demands, especially the release of Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman, leader of Jama’a al-Islamiya, who is imprisoned in the United States.

He added that a limited cabinet reshuffle might take place, changing two unspecified ministers, should Freedom and Justice Party MPs escalate their rhetoric.

A parliamentary session dedicated to questioning the government regarding why foreign defendants in the NGO case were allowed to leave the country before their trial was canceled after no representatives of the government planned on attending.

According to Egypt's system of government, only the military council has the right to discharge and appoint cabinets.

A vote of no-confidence would complicate the whole transitional period three months before the generals return to the barracks. Fears surfaced that toppling the government would make it difficult for Egypt to get the a $3.2 billion loan it has requested from the IMF.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sabrina For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (21st April 2012), modwiz (12th March 2012), Ria (12th March 2012), RunningDeer (12th March 2012), write4change (12th March 2012)

7. Link to Post #224
    Thanks

There also seems to be something in it that more resignations re: corruption/suppression etc. are being pushed for - some with backgrounds of some years - so is this all energetically being forced to the surface? Just two possible examples:

USA
    Under Pressure Two more congressmen hit Holder for Fast and Furious, 120 now want resignation
    DailyCaller ^ | 3/12/3012 | Matthew Boyle
    Posted on 12 March 2012
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2857809/posts

Republican Reps. Reid Ribble of Wisconsin and Bob Goodlatte of Virginia have signed on to a House resolution of “no confidence” in Attorney General Eric Holder over his role in Operation Fast and Furious.

With their signatures, a total of 120 U.S. House members have now either publicly demanded Holder’s resignation, expressed no confidence in his job performance via a formal House resolution, or both.

(Fast and Furious info. here: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/31/us...istration.html)

INDIA
    BJP demands Omar’s resignation with ‘dignity’
    12 March 2012

Jammu: The BJP today demanded Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah‘s resignation from the post with “dignity” for the state government’s mis-governance and rampant corruption .

“Omar should step down from the post of the Chief Minister with dignity. As a Chief Minister, he has utterly failed to provide good governance and check highest degree of corruption,” BJP state chief Shamsher Singh Manhas told a public gathering in Trikuta Nagar area here

http://www.jaintv.com/2012/03/12/pol...ation-dignity/

¤=[Post Update]=¤

OK this is a resignation and an 'out of the blue' one:

Singapore

http://www.oyetimes.com/news/108/195...rsonal-reasons

NDP chief resigns for personal reasons

Colonel Nelson Yau, the Chief of National Day Parade, Chief Guards Officer, and the commander of the 21st Division of Singapore Armed Forces has resigned out of the blue stating the reason of resignation as “personal” on Monday.

News have hit analysts and senior officials of SAF in a surprising manner as the commander resigned only five months prior to the annual parade which was to celebrate 46th anniversary of the national services of the country this year. Several rumours started to circulate as the NDP chief announced his resignation, which cooled down a bit today when he mentioned the reason of resignation to be personal affairs.

Ministry of Defence did not make an official announcement for his resignation despite Yau handing over his resignation last week to the concerned officials of MINDEF.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sabrina For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (21st April 2012), DreamsInDigital (12th March 2012), modwiz (12th March 2012), Ria (12th March 2012), RunningDeer (12th March 2012)

9. Link to Post #225
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

I really enjoy this thread, Sabrina. Thank you for all of the energy and time you devote to it. Your diligence is much appreciated by me and others as well.

10. Link to Post #226
    Thanks

Swings and roundabouts or more?

http://www.financeasia.com/News/2933...-en-masse.aspx

Six debt bankers resigned at Bank of America Merrill Lynch en masse on Friday, leaving the firm shortly after bonuses were paid out two weeks ago.
    After months of speculation, Jimmy Choi, KJ Kim and Leonard Ng resign from BoA Merrill — along with an associate and two analysts — and are rumoured to be headed for ANZ......
    ANZ was ranked 27th in Asia-ex Japan G3 markets late last year.......Nonetheless, BoA Merrill has struggled to maintain its league table positions for Asian dollar debt excluding Japan.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sabrina For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (12th March 2012), Darla Ken Pearce (21st April 2012), modwiz (12th March 2012), Ria (12th March 2012), RunningDeer (12th March 2012)

12. Link to Post #227
    Thanks

Mar-08-2012
    Top Afghan Advisor Resigns over Differences with Karzai

Salem-News.com
    There are increasing doubts on whether Washington and Kabul will be able to reach a long-term Strategic Partnership Agreement; US-Afghanistan relations have been heavily strained in recent weeks.

A top Afghan advisor has reportedly resigned over disagreements on a strategic partnership deal that will set the framework for continued US presence in Afghanistan beyond 2014, Press TV reports.

Reports say National Security Adviser Rangin Dadfar Spanta has submitted his resignation letter to Afghan President Hamid Karzai, though his resignation has not yet been accepted.

It is widely believed that resignation of Spanta, a former foreign minister, was part of an effort to pressure Karzai into a compromise on the Strategic Partnership Agreement.

Karzai is against two of the most contentious issues being negotiated -- the night-time raids and the US transfer of detention facilities to Afghan government control.

An Afghan official said on Tuesday that the United States is persistently pressuring President Karzai to submit to the deal.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sabrina For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (21st April 2012), modwiz (12th March 2012), Ria (12th March 2012), RunningDeer (12th March 2012)

14. Link to Post #228
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,410 times in 1,804 posts

Quote Michael Pinto-Duschinsky said he was forced to resign...
    He's gotta be an illuminatus with a name like that...

15. Link to Post #229
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,673 times in 499 posts

Resignation's happen all the time due to any given reason from retiring to spitting out the dummy. It then becomes apparent to certain people in authority that their so called allies are in the habit of stabbing each other in the back as they are now jockeying for a better position on the gravy train.
    Yes corruption will be revealed. This is usually the result of a single loyal individual who has been chipping away over many years only then to uncover a huge can of worms. Other like minded loyal people from other areas will then be revealed and indirectly an alliance will be forged.

My last comment stands and cannot be swept aside or dismissed so easily.
    Inscription on The Washington Monument -

Fy iaith, fy ngwlad, fy nghenedl Cymru — Cymru am byth (My language, my land, my nation of Wales — Wales for ever)...

Dweud y gwir - Tell the truth

16. Link to Post #230
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,445 times in 423 posts

Quote Posted by Bryn ap Gwilym (here)
    ...Yes corruption will be revealed. This is usually the result of a single loyal individual who has been chipping away over many years only then to uncover a huge can of worms. Other like minded loyal people from other areas will then be revealed and indirectly an alliance will be forged.
    Then what happens?

17. Link to Post #231
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sabrina (here)
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/law/2012/m...kenneth-clarke
    UK 11 March

Bill of rights commissioner resigns over bypass of Commons
    Michael Pinto-Duschinsky claims commission set up by Ken Clarke and Nick Clegg has sidelined parliament and the PM

A government commission set up to examine the establishment of a British bill of rights has "sidelined parliament and the prime minister", one of the commissioners has said after his resignation.

Michael Pinto-Duschinsky said he was forced to resign because of his belief that the UK parliament, rather than the European court of human rights, should have the final decision on issues of human rights. He claimed his fellow commissioners were ignoring the prime minister's desire to reassert the sovereignty of Westminster over the European court.
    Is this a prime example of the dummy being spat out?

There are those in parliament who are trying to scrap human rights and if it wasn't for the EU then its just possible that Briton would now be in lock-down mode. The picture is not as black 'n' white as people aree made to believe.
    Home Secretary: scrap the Human Rights Act

Fy iaith, fy ngwlad, fy nghenedl Cymru — Cymru am byth (My language, my land, my nation of Wales — Wales for ever)...

18. Link to Post #232
    Thanks

Quote Posted by KosmicKat (here)
    ...Yes corruption will be revealed. This is usually the result of a single loyal individual who has been chipping away over many years only then to uncover a huge can of worms. Other like minded loyal people from other areas will then be revealed and indirectly an alliance will be forged.
    Then what happens?
    Hypothetically, their own laws are used against them as they are brought to court, quickly followed by gagging orders on their part. This is a lengthy process which in turn can reveal the full extent of of corruption within the justice system and within other parties if any. The chances of any alleged corruption being televised or ending up in the media is nigh on Nil while a court case is pending? What does end up being reported by the media I would find suspect and question the agenda of who is behind the reports, because of the gag orders which should be in place.

Who and What is behind the leak of info?

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bryn ap Gwilym For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (12th March 2012), Lisab (12th March 2012)

20. Link to Post #233
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,374 times in 1,941 posts

Quote Posted by modwiz (here)
    I really enjoy this thread, Sabrina. Thank you for all of the energy and time you devote to it. Your diligence is much appreciated by me and others as well.
    Yes me too. Thank you Sabrina for making it easy for us. You put a lot of work into keeping us informed and up to date with all the happenings.

Stan
    If you don't follow your spirit without hesitation, you end up following your hesitation without spirit.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aranuk For This Post:

InTheBackground (12th March 2012), modwiz (12th March 2012), Sabrina (12th March 2012)

22. Link to Post #234
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,961 times in 1,379 posts

I concur Stan and Modwiz, I don't agree with Bryn at all btw. I think there is a whole lot more to this than just "restructuring", the high amount of resignations across the globe, SOMETHING significant is happening and it's not just the tanking of the global economy ship going down either.

Thank you Sabrina for your dedication and persistence in this thread, I check it at least couple times daily to see the update when I have time to visit the board.
    "Ignoring the evidence is simply another way of ignoring the truth."
    "Reality is always hard to accept whenever it is unpleasant. Our minds play tricks and tell us it just cannot be. Instead of accepting the truth as it is when it disturbs us, we try to deny its existence."

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DreamsInDigital For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (21st April 2012), modwiz (12th March 2012), Sabrina (12th March 2012)

24. Link to Post #235
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,302 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by Sabrina (here)
    Its also that time of year that resignation's are the norm as election's from local to national governments are taking or about to take place. Officials / board members swapping from one committee to another is nothing new as they are all jockeying to safeguard their new place on the ladder.

Is it then a coincidence that these resignation's are coinciding with various levels of govt elections?
    Is it also possible that certain folk are taking advantage of this annual / decade job fest & turning it into some bizarre, seedy & juicy phenomenon that's fits snuggle into their own agenda?

Yes there is shuffling going on, but from what I can see, its not what folk via the truth movement are being told.

Until the likes of Tony B_Liar, Bush & many many more are arrested & the war machine retreats instead of advancing like they are, then I am nowhere near convinced by any of these resignation's.
    A number of the government resignations are through corruption accusations at the moment - or through an unwillingness to play the game any more. I don't bother to post resignations if people are going onto do other jobs etc. Personally, I think that in the past corruption would have been ignored or not discovered. At the moment, I think a great deal of untruths are coming to the surface to be dealt with - increase in energetic frequencies or nudgings from white hats or the truth coming out to be transmuted - but the levels and lack of solid reasons or the corruption uncovered are unusual to say the least.
    Hello Sabrina,

I admire your thought processes and devotion. This is a great one-stop-shopping place! I can't say it enough: thank you for doing something that is overwhelming to me. Your work as assisted in quelling fear that I've held onto for far too long.

With heart,
    WhiteCrowBlackDeer
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 12th March 2012 at 15:04.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (21st April 2012), DreamsInDigital (12th March 2012), InTheBackground (12th March 2012), Ria (12th March 2012), Sabrina (12th March 2012)

26. Link to Post #236
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

i know that this might not have anything to do with this thread, but maybe it does. i dreamed this morning that a bank of America plane crashed and burned in a small town.
    when i called 911 they told me this one just has to burn.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gypsybutterflykiss For This Post:

aranuk (12th March 2012), Darla Ken Pearce (21st April 2012), modwiz (12th March 2012), Ria (12th March 2012), RunningDeer (13th March 2012)

28. Link to Post #237
    Thanks

12 March
    KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Jackson County's prosecutor wants a jury to decide whether a Kansas City bishop was required by Missouri law to tell police about suspected child pornography found on a priest's laptop computer......

Finn is the highest-ranking Catholic official in the U.S. to face criminal prosecution related to the church's sexual abuse scandal. He has pleaded not guilty to the charge.

Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/30659336/de...#ixzz1ovfwEI5v

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sabrina For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (21st April 2012), modwiz (12th March 2012), Ria (12th March 2012), RunningDeer (13th March 2012)

30. Link to Post #238
    Thanks

http://money.cnn.com/2012/03/11/mark...P_LN&hpt=hp_t2
    11 March
    Big banks at center of interest rate probe

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- It affects everything from mortgages to credit cards to student loans, and now some of the world's biggest banks are at the center of a criminal investigation into whether they manipulated it for their own benefit........
    Last week, the Justice Department said in a letter to a federal judge that it was conducting a criminal investigation of alleged Libor manipulation. Officials in Switzerland, Canada and the United Kingdom are also looking into the issue, according to disclosures in several banks' public filings.

In addition, a number of banks, including Bank of America (BAC, Fortune 500), Citigroup (C, Fortune 500), HSBC, JPMorgan (JPM, Fortune 500) and Credit Suisse (CS), are defendants in a U.S. civil case brought by investors -- ranging from mutual funds to individual traders to the city of Baltimore -- who say they lost profits due to Libor distortion as far back as 2006.
    Law enforcement officials and the banks targeted in the suit either declined to comment or did not respond to requests for comment.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sabrina For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (21st April 2012), modwiz (12th March 2012), Ria (12th March 2012), RunningDeer (13th March 2012)

32. Link to Post #239
    Thanks

http://nesaraaustralia.wordpress.com...ters-resigned/

12 March
    Resignations of 126 ministers across the world here.

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sabrina For This Post:

34. Link to Post #240
    Thanks

http://www.writebyte.net/writebyte.d...ge?PageId=jump

What the bleep's going on - one man's thesis...

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sabrina For This Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 176 FirstFirst 1 2 12 22 62 112 176 LastLast