+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Top 5 Offenders: Meet the Worst of the 1%..!

1. Link to Post #1
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Default Top 5 Offenders: Meet the Worst of the 1%..!

02/20/2012

Ah, the 1%: the moguls and oligarchs who currently rule the roost from on high in the United States. They control the majority of the wealth and assets of the country, buy our politicians with the flick of a few bucks and have the ability to hold sway over the legislative process to their own advantage. They are the few against the many, but because of their wealth and influence, they hold the reins on the monopoly.
    But who are they?

The Bravenew Foundation has launched an ad campaign detailing their misdeeds in short, one minute exposes to educate us all on how they exploit the rest of the citizenry. Some of the names will be familiar, while some might not be.

So let’s meet them, shall we?

1. Rob Walton, Chairman of Walmart

Most of us are familiar with the Walmart chain and shudder when they move into the neighborhood. They have an unsettling history of putting small businesses out of business because of their ability to undercut the competition at the knees. They’re also the nation’s largest employer, with over 1.39 million employees as of 2005. Despite raking in over $400 billion in annual revenue, the company has refused to provide health insurance to its employees, which forces those employees to depend on federal and state funded health care programs, like Medicaid, shifting the biggest cost of running their business onto the American taxpayers, as the AFL-CIO documented in a report from 2006:

Quote “Wal-Mart’s refusal to pay decent wages and provide affordable health insurance to its workers puts it atop the list in at least 19 of the 23 states surveyed here. This abuse of poverty health care programs means Wal-Mart is directly contributing to the nation’s Medicaid crisis.”
    Meet Rob Walton:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=HyJn1...layer_embedded

2. Lloyd Blankfein, CEO of Goldman Sachs

Goldman Sachs, the company that maintains a revolving door with Washington and the White House even today under President Obama, has been Public Enemy #1 for years. They were one of the major players in the financial meltdown and mortgage crisis of 2008, and yet, their CEO, Lloyd Blankfein, remains free as a bird. Maybe it’s because he said this about his company in 2009:

Quote “We’re very important. We help companies to grow by helping them to raise capital. Companies that grow create wealth. This, in turn, allows people to have jobs that create more growth and more wealth. It’s a virtuous cycle,” adding that he’s just a banker “doing God’s work.”
    Yeah, because Jesus loved those money-changers bankers so very, very much!

Meet God’s holy worker, Lloyd Blankfein:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=p-qmG...layer_embedded

3. Pete Peterson Blackstone Group

This was one that I hadn’t heard of. He’s the co-founder of the Blackstone Group, a private equity firm similar to Mitt Romney’s Bain Capital, which swoops in to restructure companies through leveraged buyouts, make their millions, then watch as the companies tank and their employees lose their jobs. He’s also the Chairman of the Peter G. Peterson Foundation, a conservative think tank that has slipped millions of dollars to right-wing organizations, including:

■ Committee for Economic Development: $1,000,000
    ■ Center for the Study of the President and Congress: $700,000
    ■ Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget: $880,000
    ■ AmericaSpeaks: $50,000
    ■ Concord Coalition: $1,500,000
    ■ Institute for Advanced Policy Solutions at Emory University: $600,000
    ■ Nuclear Threat Initiative: $3,000,000
    ■ Peterson Institute for International Economics: $150,000

Oh, and he would like to see Social Security dismantled.

Meet Pete Peterson:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=URdvP...layer_embedded

4. Jamie Dimon, CEO of JP Morgan Chase

Jamie Dimon does not like the 99%. He feels that he and his kind are being demonized by the majority, and that’s just not fair, gosh darn it!

Quote “I’ve disagreed right from the beginning of this blanket blame of all banks. I don’t like that. I think that’s just a form of discrimination that should be stopped.”
    What on earth could have caused such “discrimination?” Well, let’s take this into consideration, from SourceWatch:

Quote “A team within JP Morgan developed many of the financial products like credit derivative[s], which almost brought down the financial system in 2008 […] The purpose behind credit derivatives was to enable JP Morgan to circumvent regulatory capital requirements. The company successfully convinced regulators that it could use credit derivatives to shift risk associated with the loans it made. Therefore, it did not need to set aside capital to cover losses in the event that borrowers defaulted. With credit derivatives, JP Morgan not only succeeded in shifting risks off its own books, but created a rapidly expanding market which raked in billions in fees for financial institutions.”
    Actually, they did bring down the financial system, and will probably do so again – in our lifetimes.

Meet Jamie Dimon:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=sJRiV...layer_embedded

5. Rupert Murdoch, President of News Corp

Fox News, News of the World, hacking, climate change denials, disinformation and outright lies…need I say more?

Meet Rupert Murdoch (although you probably know him well enough already):

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ab1Q_...layer_embedded

http://current.com/16q94kc

PS - Now you don't exactly have to be a Rocket Scientist to work it out do ya..?!!!

Last edited by jackovesk; 21st February 2012 at 04:10.

2. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Top 5 Offenders: Meet the Worst of the 1%..!

Copied and sent on. Thanks jackovesk!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jp11 For This Post:

jackovesk (21st February 2012)

4. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 times in 436 posts

These just feel like the front guys to me.

5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to eileenrose For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (21st February 2012), Billy (21st February 2012), Curt (21st February 2012), D-Day (21st February 2012), dAkapacity (21st February 2012), DoubleHelix (21st February 2012), Isthatso (22nd February 2012), jackovesk (21st February 2012), JRS (22nd February 2012), meeradas (21st February 2012), Turcurulin (22nd February 2012)

6. Link to Post #4
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Quote Posted by eileenrose (here)
    Interesting comment eileenrose, I too have my suspicions...

Many of the Major Political Players have been (Indoctrinated/Possessed), but not all...

Many of the Captain's of Industry were already born into it..!

7. Link to Post #5
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,845 times in 3,177 posts

miserable dwarves

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

eileenrose (22nd February 2012), jackovesk (21st February 2012)

9. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,798 times in 666 posts

Came across this which is quite insidious ;-

The Israel lobby (at times called the Zionist lobby or sometimes the Jewish lobby) is a term used to describe the diverse coalition of those who, as individuals and as groups, seek and have sought to influence the foreign policy of the United States in support of Zionism, Israel or the specific policies of its government.[1] The lobby consists of both Christian-American and Jewish-American secular and religious groups.

Interesting to see a Bush and Blackstone connection here ;-

A Christian belief in the return of the Jews to the Holy Land has roots in the US, which pre-date both the establishment of the Zionist movement and the establishment of Israel. Lobbying by these groups, to influence the US government in ways similar to Zionist ideology, dates back to at least the 19th century. In 1844, Christian restorationist George Bush, a professor of Hebrew at New York University and ancestor of the Presidents Bush, published a book entitled The Valley of Vision; or, The Dry Bones of Israel Revived. In it he denounced “the thralldom and oppression which has so long ground them (the Jews) to the dust,” and called for “elevating” the Jews “to a rank of honorable repute among the nations of the earth” by restoring the Jews to the land of Israel where the bulk would be converted to Christianity. This, according to Bush, would benefit not only the Jews, but all of mankind, forming a “link of communication” between humanity and God. “It will blaze in notoriety...". “It will flash a splendid demonstration upon all kindreds and tongues of the truth.” The book sold about a million copies in the antebellum period. The Blackstone Memorial of 1891 was also a significant Christian Restorationist petition effort, led by William Eugene Blackstone, to persuade President Benjamin Harrison to pressure the Ottoman Sultan for the delivery of Palestine to the Jews.[

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_..._United_States

We can here see the origins of the NWO in Bush's conversion to Swedensborgianism.

In 1845 he embraced Swedenborgianism and went on to write many defenses of his new faith.[6] He translated and published the diary of Emanuel Swedenborg in 1845, and became editor of the New Church Repository.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_...lical_scholar)

The New Church (or Swedenborgianism) is the name for a new religious movement developed from the writings of the Swedish scientist and theologian Emanuel Swedenborg (1688–1772). Swedenborg claimed to have received a new revelation from Jesus Christ through continuous heavenly visions which he experienced over a period of at least twenty-five years. In his writings he predicted that God would replace the traditional Christian Church, establishing a 'New Church', which would worship God in one person, Jesus Christ.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedenborgianism
    Sapere aude

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Taurean For This Post:

jackovesk (21st February 2012), Mad Hatter (21st February 2012), Maia Gabrial (23rd February 2012), seko (22nd February 2012), Turcurulin (22nd February 2012)

11. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,557 times in 5,028 posts

I agree, They are not the top of the pyramid of the puppet masters.
    When you express from a fearful heart in the now moment, You create a fearful future.
    When you express from a loving heart in the now moment, You create a loving future.

Have no fear, Be aware and live your lives journey from a compassionate caring nurturing heart to manifest a compassionate caring nurturing future. Billyji

Peace

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

aranuk (22nd February 2012), dAkapacity (21st February 2012), jackovesk (21st February 2012)

13. Link to Post #8
    Australia Avalon Member Positive Vibe Merchant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,640 times in 546 posts

Quote Posted by billyji (here)
    I agree, They are not the top of the pyramid of the puppet masters.
    I would be interested in your/anyone elses opinions on who they think the higher ups to these people are? Who does Murdoch pull strings for?

its fefinetely a group just scratching each others back.
    PVM
    I am the underdog, I am one of many faces,
    In a room full of people, I wouldn't change any places

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Positive Vibe Merchant For This Post:

seko (22nd February 2012)

15. Link to Post #9
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 times in 355 posts

Aren't these rich geeks also purchasing the dead peasants insurance on every employee that's working for them, without actually telling the employees about it? I would be disgusted if someone collected insurance after my death without me knowing about it. And it is actually legal. Check this out http://deadpeasantinsurance.com/

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cilka For This Post:

aranuk (22nd February 2012), Positive Vibe Merchant (5th August 2014), Referee (22nd February 2012)

17. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 times in 436 posts

I doubt I am saying anything that hasn't been said here before, about these men being front men for someone else. I am talking about the back room people, the ones pulling the strings. I use to think that if a company or corporation or bank was responsible for fraud or other crimes then it was the people running that particular company pulling all the strings. But after reading Gorden Duff and other newspaper professionals (now turn bloggers), I keep reading that these corporation are run by other corporations who might be run by an individual or unknown group of stock holders, or even a criminal enterprise masquerading as a legitimate foundation, be it Rockefeller Charity or some other (fake or only semi legal) holding company set up by criminally minded individuals.

Big rabbit hole.
    Just keeps going and going...
    Last edited by eileenrose; 25th February 2012 at 07:29.

18. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member Brakeman's Avatar
    Thanks

Walmart sells more organic food than any other retailer in North America.

Is it control if you're being given what you wanted in the first place?

What makes you want what you want, and is what you want really composed of what you want it to be?

19. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member Brakeman's Avatar
    Thanks

Should Wal-Mart be a country, it would have the 26th largest economy on the planet.

+ Reply to Thread